NHL Discussion 2015-2016

With the weather and time change I was out of it just after the Tarasenko goal. I wake up to find out Blues won 4-3 and that they have 5 more goaltenders.

http://www.gfycat.com/DefinitiveCourageousBlackrhino

Found that on Reddit. I'm watching a stream now and Berglund some how got a goal. That's something not expected.
Haha, wow. That looks like how we used to play NHL 09. We referred to it as the "pack it in" method.

If it works it works.  Same thing with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKXbNjBh9So

I'd love to see someone try this in the NHL.  I don't think I'd be able to finish watching the game.  I'd be on the floor laughing so much.

EDIT:  Damn it.  Looks like the link isn't working.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKXbNjBh9So

Last edited by a moderator:
Who knows.  At least I was able to get a link to the best way to stop a 2-0 breakaway.  Last night Allen had a hell of a game for St. Louis.  Reports of him taking the starter spot might end up true.  Tarasenko was the only one to score a goal, and that really needs to change.  St. Louis needs more than one line out there that can score.  Once Stastny and Oshie are back with any luck Hitchcock will put Backes on the right wing and Stastny in the center with someone else on the left.

Who knows. At least I was able to get a link to the best way to stop a 2-0 breakaway. Last night Allen had a hell of a game for St. Louis. Reports of him taking the starter spot might end up true. Tarasenko was the only one to score a goal, and that really needs to change. St. Louis needs more than one line out there that can score. Once Stastny and Oshie are back with any luck Hitchcock will put Backes on the right wing and Stastny in the center with someone else on the left.
Tarasenko has been so good, but yeah it would be nice if someone else could find the back of the net. Elliott has been pretty solid, but I think Allen will be the number one here in not too long as well.

Really, really nervous about the game on Saturday. It'll be the Predators 6th road game in a row facing a red freaking hot Blues team. The thing I do feel good about is the Blues have had a very good team for several years now and always seem to flame out toward the end of the season. As long as Nashville stays close, stays healthy, and can get to the playoffs ready to play, I'll be happy. That St. Louis team is a rollercoaster though.

The game Saturday should be a really good one.  Last season was really the only year that St. Louis seemed to flame out at the end of the season.  I put them last 6 on Miller.  Sure you can't win if you can't score a goal, but when someone is brought in to make the difference till that goal is scored they have to make that difference.  Miller couldn't.  Allen could have had 3 shutouts in a row if it wasn't for the last few minutes, and my buddy going to the game.  Every time he goes and St. Louis may get a shutout he starts thinking about 5 bucks off Dirt Cheap and the other team scores.  Blues also have an issue with injuries at the end of the season.  Where they do flame out is in the playoffs.  That's why I'm still not sure about keeping Hitchcock.  Depending on playoffs I can seen them not resigning him and going after Babcock.  If they get him or not is different.  St. Louis is just not starting to get healthy, and outside of Oshie and Backes they all seem to be 100%.  Backes seems questionable even though he is playing.

Nashville I see making the playoffs this season.  Not sure how well they will do, but that's for every team that will make the playoffs.  Hell with the way the Islanders are playing they could end up winning the cup.  Nashville made the right moves in the off season and with the new coach they have a really good team.  

Damn...the Predators brought it to St. Louis last night. Their 6th game in a row on the road and they snap the Blues 7 game winning streak and retake 1st place in the Central. Filip Forsberg better get some damn rookie of the month love this month. He's turning into a monster playing on that line with Neal. He's scored a goal in 4 straight games now (5 in the last 4 actually) and leads the team with 15 points in 14 games. ROTY!

They did a good job of shutting down the STL line.  St. Louis needs to find another line to work with that one for games like last night.  St. Louis should get the win against Buffalo Tuesday night and hopefully Thursday night goes better than last night for St. Louis.

Damn, that Neal/Ribeiro/Forsberg line is nasty. They've got 2 more goals already tonight (Forsberg has a goal in 5 straight games now) and have the Preds ahead of Edmonton 3-0 at the end of 1. Early leads make me nervous though, lol. Too much time left. Hopefully Nashville can keep scoring and make this one a laugher though.

EDIT - Yeesh...that's exactly what I was talking about, lol. Got a little hairy there once Edmonton brought in Ben Scrivens and he was a freaking brick wall (stopped all 18 shots he faced). Nashville hangs on 3-2 though. Their intensity did seem to go down as the game went on though. They had 17 shots in the 1st, 11 in the 2nd, and only 7 in the 3rd. Those damn big early leads, man. A win is a win, I guess.

Tough loss to St. Louis tonight, but at least the Preds battled back after falling behind 2-0. And Forsberg scored again. 6th straight game with a goal. And he had assists on the other two Nashville goals. That's starting to get pretty impressive, haha. He's up to 20 points in 16 games, which is good for 6th in the league...as a 20 year old. Seriously, my new favorite player. :)

Kind of an off night for Rinne though...giving up 4 goals on 27 shots faced.

I wasn't happy with the officiating during that game.  It wouldn't have cost the game, but didn't care for it.  I have to agree with a friend of mine that for a game like that you don't use new officials.  Sure you have to start some where, but a game of that level shouldn't be with new.  I'm actually surprised St. Louis won that game.  I really think Nashville is the better team.  It was a fun game to be at, just wish I didn't feel like crap when I was there.  I'll have to watch the stream that I have.  Allen is really looking good in net.  I'm thinking he might be or end up being the top backup goaltender.  

EDIT:  Well St. Louis Traded Leopold to Columbus for a 2016 5th round pick.  Chris Butler moves up to take his place as a scratch.  

Jarrett Stoll, who I've always liked a lot, scored his first goal of the season to lead the Kings past the Ducks 3-2 in overtime. Thankfully, it didn't go to a shootout like the last game between them on Wednesday.

Next up is Florida on Tuesday night. LA has been absolutely atrocious against the Eastern Conference this season, but most of those losses came on their 6 game road trip in which the team went 1-5. This game is at Staples, where I believe the Kings have gone 1-0-1 against the East (beat Buffalo; lost to the Islanders).

They need to string some wins together. The team has been far too inconsistent since the start of the aforementioned 6 game road swing, and I'm often too frustrated after games to even vent about it on here and/or social media. But I guess I just did that now. For today, I am happy.

Well, THAT really sucked.

Rangers and Penguins in a shootout, Rangers get the last goal and everyone thinks its over and they won.
Teams head to the locker rooms.
Nope, Ref calls them back out. Replay shows the puck hit the post and then the stick again, double hit.
Shootout continues. And of course, Pittsburgh wins it this time.

Jarrett Stoll, who I've always liked a lot, scored his first goal of the season to lead the Kings past the Ducks 3-2 in overtime. Thankfully, it didn't go to a shootout like the last game between them on Wednesday.

Next up is Florida on Tuesday night. LA has been absolutely atrocious against the Eastern Conference this season, but most of those losses came on their 6 game road trip in which the team went 1-5. This game is at Staples, where I believe the Kings have gone 1-0-1 against the East (beat Buffalo; lost to the Islanders).

They need to string some wins together. The team has been far too inconsistent since the start of the aforementioned 6 game road swing, and I'm often too frustrated after games to even vent about it on here and/or social media. But I guess I just did that now. For today, I am happy.
It's Florida. LA should win it. Anaheim plays them tonight. For Florida that might as well be a back to back.

EDIT: Never mind about LA should win. Anaheim should have won and lost 6-2 to Florida. I don't know how that happened.

Looks like Gordie Howe is in the final stages and will pass soon. Sad, but what a hell of a life that guy had. Great piece from Keith Olbermann (who I guess is still capable of decent work when he's not being a giant douche) on Howe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUwh3WmxbzI&list=UUdJtV6wXT6lnrvldU_urowQ

Sad to hear about Gordie.

Datsyuk will be sitting out tonight which is good as Detroit should manage the Jackets without him. The groin is always a nagging injury it seems so I just hope it doesn't worsen as the season goes on.

HO-LEE CRAP! Nashville kicked the shit out of Toronto tonight on the road...9-2. The Preds were up 4-0 after the 2nd, and would go ahead 8-0 before the Leafs finally scored with 11:42 left in the game. lol...damn!

Filip Forsberg had his points streak snapped in the 2-1 win over Winnipeg the other night, but he was back at it in this game with a goal and an assist. 8 different Predators scored a goal in this one too, with Taylor Beck being the only player to score twice. Only three Nashville players finished without a point: Olli Jokinen, Anton Volchenkov, and suprisingly, James Neal (worries me a bit how streaky he seems to be...but it's also good that he's not the entire offense).

Bernier started the game and was pulled after giving up 3 goals on 12 shots in the 1st. Then Reimer came in and gave up 6 goals on 25 shots the rest of the way. What a freaking beating, lol. :)

Nashville also regained control of 1st place in the Central with the Blues losing 2-0 to Boston.

This is going to be a long season if Nashville and St. Louis keep this battle for first up like they are.  Even with the loss for St. Louis last night it's still just a one point lead for the top.

I have been reading what Complete Hockey News posts on Facebook about Gordie and it's really sad.  

Speaking of Complete Hockey News, they posted this:

When asked directly by Steve Simmons if the Toronto Maple Leafs were intentionally trying to get Head Coach Randy Carlyle fired, defenceman Cody Franson had a simple answer. 

"F*ck no."

It was an EA Sports kind of night in Ottawa tonight, as the Preds outshot the Senators 35-19...and lost 3-2. But I guess that can happen when your backup goalie starts. Hutton didn't do so hot tonight. Oh well, Nashville will FINALLY have a homestand starting on Saturday against Florida. It will only be their 3rd home game of the month....but they'll finish November with 4 straight at home.

Well, St. Louis temporarily lost a moose, but may have gained a Brodeur.  I feel like I'm 11 again when I found out we got Gretzky.  I'm also worried how long Elliott could be out.  I can only see Brodeur coming in for one of 2 reasons.  The first being Elliott is not expected back most of or all of the season.  I can't see that because he was able to skate off the ice and walk back to the locker room.  The second is to see how he interacts with the team and works with them as well as the staff.  Along with how him and Allen work with each other.  Why you ask, because who better in theory to have as a coach.  I really hope first of the year Elliott is back in the A1/B1 rotation will Allen and Brodeur is their goaltending coach.

Hell of a Thanksgiving game for the Preds in Nashville tonight. 1-0 OT win with Filip Forsberg scoring the game winner and Pekka Rinne making 37 saves, including stopping a Jordan Eberle penalty shot in overtime.

Also...Matt Hendricks blocked a Shea Weber slapshot in the first period....went to the locker room and did not return. Considering Weber's slapper has broken Rinne's mask in practice, put a hole in the end boards, and ripped through the net, I'm going to assume that Hendricks is dead, lol.

What's even crazier is he played for Nashville last year. He should know better.

I watched that game last night.  I new going in that Nashville would win it.  I'm just surprised that most the game seemed to be all Edmonton.  They did a hell of a job killing off the power play for Nashville.  At times they looked better being a man down than they did on their own power play.  Seems like Edmonton really wanted to win last night.  I'll be at Scottrade watching what St. Louis can do with them tonight on the first of their back to back games.  I'm really worried as it's Edmonton tonight, Minnesota tomorrow then 2 days off and Chicago then Nashville.  Elliott is out for who knows how long and it's Allen and Binnington.  Wouldn't be so worried if it wasn't 2 back to backs in a row and Chicago and Nashville being one of the back to backs.  I wont be surprised if Brodeur plays for the Note in Nashville.

The Preds made good on this homestand, winning all 4 games (though I really would take another dominant win any time now....2 SO, 1 OT, and a 2-1 regulation win is cutting it close, lol). Nashville is 10-1-1 at home. I like that a lot. :) Next they head to Carolina before coming back home to host St. Louis and Chicago. Gotta keep this hot streak going.

The result of which was...

http://espn.go.com/nhl/powerrankings/_/season/2015/week/8

#1 in the power rankings. I'm not sure that I've ever seen that before, haha. I'm sure it won't last. But at almost 1/3 through the season, I think the team has proven its legitimacy at this point. Just need to avoid the injury bug.

Oh, and Filip Forsberg also won Rookie of the Month for November. I'm still laughing at the Capitals for that one. :lol:

Marco Scandella find 2,755.38 for the illegal check to the head of Oshie in the game against the Wild.  Also looks like it's Allen against the hawks and if signed could see Brodeur in net against Nashville.  Talk has been Saturday, but I don't see them running Allen back to back against Chicago and Nashville.  I really don't see Binnington in net against Nashville.

EDIT:  Well just hours ago Brodeur became a Blue.  Is expected to play Thursday or Saturday according to Hitchcock.

Good to see Nashville bounce back after that disappointing loss to Carolina. The Hurricanes have been playing people tough lately (split a 2 game series with Pittsburgh). It still frustrates me when the Preds offensive output just tapers off though. After taking a 2-1 lead and outshooting St. Louis 16-12 in the first period, Nashville got outshot 20-8 the rest of the way.

Fortunately, they were facing an old goalie who hasn't played in a while...and still were able to keep pace. The Blues did do a great job clogging shooting lanes though, as they had 20 blocks. The Preds rarely get "outblocked" in a game, haha. Every game between these teams this season has been decided by one goal though. Got a feeling that's not going to change.

That was all St. Louis last night till after that time out.  Brodeur played well, and was one of the top players for St. Louis so his age looks to be no issue.  That first goal from Nashville was off of a rebound that Brodeur couldn't stop.  The rest were all issues with a defense that hasn't shown for 2 games now.  With the PK of Nashville St. Louis should have got a power play goal at least once, but even the power play teams haven't shown.  

Looks like Boston and St. Louis are in talks of a trade as one or more reps for Boston were at both the game in Chicago and Nashville.  I expect something by Monday.  Seems like speculation is Berglund.  Also it's sad when Hitchcock tells the press Stastny has been lazy.  He didn't flat out say lazy, it was I think "He's not playing as expected."  

Allen is in net tomorrow and I expect no defense at all again and only production from the STL line.  I really hope they tell Stastny he's going to sit this one out. going 2-2 something really needs to happen to shake this team up.  A trade I think is a little extreme, but making a player that isn't meeting expectations sit that normally wouldn't works just fine.

Yeah, my general rule of thumb is if you give up 4 goals...you're going to have a hard time winning. I thought the same thing when St. Louis scored 4 the last time they played. Defense has to be better than that. You can't expect your offense to put up more than 4 goals on a regular basis. But defense isn't sexy. So, not everybody works on it like they should.

As much as I liked having Statsny on the Avs, I was glad they let him go after his contract expired.  He is a good player but not worth that type of contract.

No he's not and his +/- shows that.  They need to have him as a healthy scratch for a game or 2, but they wont do that with paying that much.  Everything that Armstrong has been doing seems like desperation moves or trying to make the team Armstrong and Friends.  Hitchcock wont be back next year unless this team wins the west and even then it's questionable.  Depending on what happens in the off season I can see Armstrong gone.  I think Stastny was signed for at least 1.5 million more than he's worth as well as Pietrangelo with the way he has been playing.  

I have been told I'm wrong and dumb for thinking it, but I really think we got the production from Steen that we did because it was a contract year.  As much as I hate to say it, because I would trade Oshie in a heartbeat, Ohie is the only forward outside of the STL line that isn't at a +/- in the negatives or at zero.  For St. Louis the rest of the lines need to step it up. 

I really hope something good comes out of all this trade speculation with Boston.  

The Kings just followed up a 4-0 victory over the Coyotes with a frustrating 2-1 home loss to the lowly Flyers. Philadelphia had dropped 9 road games before this one, I believe. It was really a one-man show for the Flyers.

Claude Giroux scored on Philly's first shot of the game and added another when former Kings forward Wayne Simmonds notched a power play goal. But the Kings outshot the Flyers 38-16 and dominated the last couple periods. Steve Mason just stopped almost everything. Really could have used Marion Gaborik for those power play opportunities near the end when the Kings were trying to tie it up.

Blues really needed that win yesterday.  I just hate that it had to be against the Islanders.  I would have rather them loose that one and win one of the 2 before it.  Still 11 games in a row for Halak is great.  Hopefully after Thursday he starts it again.  Also anyone that wants to poke away at Brodeur the tax man cometh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0Owz-3jYGc&feature=youtu.be

Really looking forward to hearing about this trade rumor with Boston.  I have also seen one with Edmonton for both Boston and St. Louis involving Eberle.

The Preds finally had a solid showing last night after 3 games where they looked very pedestrian. Loss to Carolina, win against St. Louis where they got outplayed for 2/3 of the game, and then getting dominated by Chicago.

Last night, Nashville outworked Colorado, and held a 1-0 lead until the final minutes where they got 2 empty netters. The Preds maintained an advantage in shots on goal in each period (hooray for not letting off the gas), and the defense was solid in front of Rinne, blocking 20 shots of their own. That's more like it.

The Preds finally had a solid showing last night after 3 games where they looked very pedestrian. Loss to Carolina, win against St. Louis where they got outplayed for 2/3 of the game, and then getting dominated by Chicago.

Last night, Nashville outworked Colorado, and held a 1-0 lead until the final minutes where they got 2 empty netters. The Preds maintained an advantage in shots on goal in each period (hooray for not letting off the gas), and the defense was solid in front of Rinne, blocking 20 shots of their own. That's more like it.
Not trying to say the Preds didn't deserve it, but I can't believe how unlucky the Avs are getting. Two wide open nets that were missed and rung off the post and Calvin Pickard standing on his head again. The Avs can't find the back of the net at all this year and it is starting to get frustrating. I mean they get out shot each and every game by a ton, which is a problem on its own, but even then they get good scoring chances and can't finish. You almost have to try not to finish to do what they have been doing.

UGH!

official stat for the Avs, 18 games have been one goal games and the Avs have lost 12. This not including last night thanks to the two empty netters. The offense is just gone!

Not trying to say the Preds didn't deserve it, but I can't believe how unlucky the Avs are getting. Two wide open nets that were missed and rung off the post and Calvin Pickard standing on his head again. The Avs can't find the back of the net at all this year and it is starting to get frustrating. I mean they get out shot each and every game by a ton, which is a problem on its own, but even then they get good scoring chances and can't finish. You almost have to try not to finish to do what they have been doing.

UGH!

official stat for the Avs, 18 games have been one goal games and the Avs have lost 12. This not including last night thanks to the two empty netters. The offense is just gone!
That's why I'm of the opinion you just have to keep up continuous, relentless offensive pressure. Nashville runs into the most trouble when they get lazy and let the offense stagnate. Bad luck is going to happen. You just have to keep after it, knowing eventually something is going to get through.

The more shots on net you have, the more likely one of them is going to go in. And conversely, the less shots you allow your opponent to have, the lower the likelihood that they score. Obviously, there are exceptions. But as a general guideline, it's smart hockey. Play strong defense and make the other team's goalie work. That's basically what the Preds did in that game.

That's why I'm of the opinion you just have to keep up continuous, relentless offensive pressure. Nashville runs into the most trouble when they get lazy and let the offense stagnate. Bad luck is going to happen. You just have to keep after it, knowing eventually something is going to get through.

The more shots on net you have, the more likely one of them is going to go in. And conversely, the less shots you allow your opponent to have, the lower the likelihood that they score. Obviously, there are exceptions. But as a general guideline, it's smart hockey. Play strong defense and make the other team's goalie work. That's basically what the Preds did in that game.
but basically the preds were 2 inches away from losing the game. I know how hockey works, but my point was they didn't dominate as much as they scored a goal on a team that is having a hard time scoring at all... In what you are saying they should have scored 3-4 goals because of how many shots they had. In the end the game was decided on an early breakaway and that was it...

Again simply saying the Preds deserved that game, but they didn't dominate and I wouldn't say that beating an Avs team essentially 1-0 is not a decisive win especially seeing as Nashville's record is pretty good thus far.

What you should say is the preds beat a team that they should have beat and there were no doubts that they would (I.E. scoring a late or OT win) They scored first in the first period and held the score up.

Come on, that's sore loser crap to say. "The Preds were 2 inches away from losing the game". And how many inches were the Avs from being down 3-0 before they ever pulled the goalie? Both teams had chances. Some go in. Some don't.

You can't account for a hot goalie. As you said, Pickard stood on his head. I'd much rather the team deal with that by continuing to pepper him with shots, rather than just buckling down and hoping that the 1-0 lead holds up. That's what Nashville did in the game against St. Louis. They let the Blues take the momentum away and almost blew a 2 goal lead because of it (had Brodeur not been rusty, I think it probably would have cost them).

If Nashville had backed off and just tried to defend a 1-0 lead and let Colorado take control of that game, it could have ended very differently. Instead, the Preds outshot the Avs 10-8 in the 2nd and 15-10 in the 3rd. They were still actively trying to increase the lead the entire game. Pickard stopped 33 out of 34 shots. That's not going to happen every night. But if Nashville can consistently get 34 shots a night, 9 times out of 10, I'll take whatever results come from it.

Come on, that's sore loser crap to say. "The Preds were 2 inches away from losing the game". And how many inches were the Avs from being down 3-0 before they ever pulled the goalie? Both teams had chances. Some go in. Some don't.

You can't account for a hot goalie. As you said, Pickard stood on his head. I'd much rather the team deal with that by continuing to pepper him with shots, rather than just buckling down and hoping that the 1-0 lead holds up. That's what Nashville did in the game against St. Louis. They let the Blues take the momentum away and almost blew a 2 goal lead because of it (had Brodeur not been rusty, I think it probably would have cost them).

If Nashville had backed off and just tried to defend a 1-0 lead and let Colorado take control of that game, it could have ended very differently. Instead, the Preds outshot the Avs 10-8 in the 2nd and 15-10 in the 3rd. They were still actively trying to increase the lead the entire game. Pickard stopped 35 out of 36 shots. That's not going to happen every night. But if Nashville can consistently get 36 shots a night, 9 times out of 10, I'll take whatever results come from it.
you still don't get what I am saying, evry team is doing that to the Avs this year, I am not being a sore loser, I just know that no matter who they play the Avs are going to get out played.. All I was saying is you won, but I wouldn't make it sound like it was a turning point in the Preds season... beating say Chicago, anaheim, or Pitt like that I would say the Preds are finally doing it. Was just saying the Avs average Shots Allowed per game is 34, So you bragging about them getting 36 is not a big deal in my books, but what happens every night.

I am not being a sore loser, simply stating that beating a crappy team 1-0 with 36 shots is nothing to write home about, all i would take out of it is you got the W and good teams makes sure to get W's against Bad teams.... But considering every team is doing what Nashville did, i wouldn't brag too much.

you still don't get what I am saying, evry team is doing that to the Avs this year, I am not being a sore loser, I just know that no matter who they play the Avs are going to get out played.. All I was saying is you won, but I wouldn't make it sound like it was a turning point in the Preds season... beating say Chicago, anaheim, or Pitt like that I would say the Preds are finally doing it. Was just saying the Avs average Shots Allowed per game is 34, So you bragging about them getting 36 is not a big deal in my books, but what happens every night.

I am not being a sore loser, simply stating that beating a crappy team 1-0 with 36 shots is nothing to write home about, all i would take out of it is you got the W and good teams makes sure to get W's against Bad teams.... But considering every team is doing what Nashville did, i wouldn't brag too much.
Where did I say it was a turning point? I said it was finally a solid showing after 3 lackluster performances. The final score didn't matter. The way they played that game is how they should play every game. Sure, it was "only the Avs"...but Pickard played just as good as any other goalie from any other team.

I was more commenting on their approach to the game than the actual game itself. I don't care that it was Colorado. I just want to see more performances where they notch 36 shots and block 20 on defense. If they put those numbers up against any team, I'd wager they'd have a good shot at winning. So, even if it was just a "game against a bad team", maybe it'll get them back on track to how they SHOULD be playing.

The one area I will concede that they did poorly was converting on the power play. They had 6 power plays, and didn't convert on a single one. At least they were getting shots though. Again, could be a hot goalie...but it's not something you want to see become a trend. Overall though...it was still a solid game from Nashville and a step back in the right direction.

That's the only point I was ever trying to make. Not "Wooooo! We beat Colorado!!!"

Where did I say it was a turning point? I said it was finally a solid showing after 3 lackluster performances. The final score didn't matter. The way they played that game is how they should play every game. Sure, it was "only the Avs"...but Pickard played just as good as any other goalie from any other team.

I was more commenting on their approach to the game than the actual game itself. I don't care that it was Colorado. I just want to see more performances where they notch 36 shots and block 20 on defense. If they put those numbers up against any team, I'd wager they'd have a good shot at winning. So, even if it was just a "game against a bad team", maybe it'll get them back on track to how they SHOULD be playing.

The one area I will concede that they did poorly was converting on the power play. They had 6 power plays, and didn't convert on a single one. At least they were getting shots though. Again, could be a hot goalie...but it's not something you want to see become a trend. Overall though...it was still a solid game from Nashville and a step back in the right direction.

That's the only point I was ever trying to make. Not "Wooooo! We beat Colorado!!!"
I bet you didn't realize the Avs are 4th overall in PK, so I can imagine why they didn't score a PP goal. the only good stat they have going for them.

Well looks like it was the Boston GM that was at the Nashville and St. Louis game.  Not sure about the game in Chicago.  Names that are coming up for trade are Berglund, Steen and Cole.  For Boston it's Eriksson, Marchand and a name that has yet to be said.  What ever deal if one happens between Boston and St. Louis could involve one or more of those names for each team.  Blues are also said to be looking at another team that has not been confirmed.  Rumor has it that, that team is Edmonton and it could be a deal for Eberle.  I did hear that this player on this other team is better than each of the 3 from Boston.

I can't really see Steen going, but I wouldn't be surprised if Berglund and Cole were traded.

I bet you didn't realize the Avs are 4th overall in PK, so I can imagine why they didn't score a PP goal. the only good stat they have going for them.
I didn't know that. Well, that makes me feel a little better. Still don't like to see 0/6. But there were times the past few years where the Preds would have power plays and get no shots during them. Sooo...it's still improvement, haha.

I didn't know that. Well, that makes me feel a little better. Still don't like to see 0/6. But there were times the past few years where the Preds would have power plays and get no shots during them. Sooo...it's still improvement, haha.
No funny thing is the Avs become one of the best defensive teams when killing penalties, but the rest of the game our defense sucks. Our goalies get peppered with shots each and every game and are team cannot score, needless to say, it's obvious why we are in the bottom 4 teams.

I never bothered to look till now, but every team that has been in an outdoor game has been an original 6, east coast, Canadian, or California team.  I'm wondering if any other teams will get one.  It looks like Boston may be getting the 16 Classic. At this rate Vegas will have a classic before the teams in the Central Division have one.

I never bothered to look till now, but every team that has been in an outdoor game has been an original 6, east coast, Canadian, or California team. I'm wondering if any other teams will get one. It looks like Boston may be getting the 16 Classic. At this rate Vegas will have a classic before the teams in the Central Division have one.
Actually they announced locally that the Avs are a shoe in for an outdoor classic next year at Coors Field against the Minnesota Wild.

We were supposed to get one this year, but not its 99% sure it's happening.

Last I knew that was all just rumored.  Even if they have an outdoor or a classic I'm done.  I'm now to the point other than playoffs I'm done watching NHL on NBC, and that's only because I can't watch playoffs anywhere else.  This could all be because I want a Classic with Blues and Hawks at Busch and Milbury gone.  I just can't support NHL on NBC any longer.

I'll believe the Avs and Wild getting an outdoor game when I see the commercials for it.

Last I knew that was all just rumored. Even if they have an outdoor or a classic I'm done. I'm now to the point other than playoffs I'm done watching NHL on NBC, and that's only because I can't watch playoffs anywhere else. This could all be because I want a Classic with Blues and Hawks at Busch and Milbury gone. I just can't support NHL on NBC any longer.

I'll believe the Avs and Wild getting an outdoor game when I see the commercials for it.
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/11/report-boston-to-host-2016-winter-classic/

But I am pissed that Avs-Wild doesn't get the NEw Years day game and Detroit and Toronto get to play in it again!

Yeah, I don't see Nashville getting an outdoor game any time soon. They just got the 2016 All Star game...so that will count as the league paying attention to them for some time I'd imagine, haha. I guess if they win a Stanley Cup, that could quickly change. I mean, the league didn't really give a shit about the Kings until they won either.

I can see that happening for any team that wins it.  It seems like they're trying to make the Kings the poster child of California hockey.  The cup and having Gretzky is why.  However I think of the Ducks then Sharks when I think of hockey in California.

bread's done
Back