NHL Discussion 2015-2016

Apologies to the rest of NHL fandom that the Predators couldn't prevent this horrific end to the season. Shithawks win again. What a waste.

Apologies to the rest of NHL fandom that the Predators couldn't prevent this horrific end to the season. Shithawks win again. What a waste.
Rest of the NHL fandom don't need apologies. Here is the Flyers subreddit. Here's a classy Tampa Bay fan.

I even seen some classy Red Wings and Blues fans too. Sure, they are our rivals and hate that we won, but they don't dwell on it and are ready for next season. In fact, Preds fans have been the worst of the bunch on the reddit game threads. Most of them still bitching about a a bad call when their team stumbled and fumbled into the playoffs and were supposed to just be handed the Stanley Cup or something?

You sure are proving your point that Hawks fans are the bane of existance and Preds fans are sooo much better... :roll:

Keep being salty...I have a parade to attend!

tumblr_nq0nro00Qy1sna8pso1_500.gif

Congrats Blackhawks and special recognition to Scott Darling as everyone here is especially stoked for him since he was a Wheeling Nailer here in the ECHL just two years ago.

Scott Darling is from Lemont which is literally a town over from where I live and where I go to work. I'm hoping he brings the cup there or something. Loved seeing him do well, he has a pretty amazing story.

Parade is scheduled for Thursday, I'm definitely going. I've been to all three and its always insane, crowded, hot...but oh so fun. I may just stand on the side of the route where it's a little less crowded this time and try to get some different pictures. Gotta get a picture with the cup this year too, I kept getting screwed in 2013 and missed my only chances.

Rest of the NHL fandom don't need apologies. Here is the Flyers subreddit. Here's a classy Tampa Bay fan.

I even seen some classy Red Wings and Blues fans too. Sure, they are our rivals and hate that we won, but they don't dwell on it and are ready for next season. In fact, Preds fans have been the worst of the bunch on the reddit game threads. Most of them still bitching about a a bad call when their team stumbled and fumbled into the playoffs and were supposed to just be handed the Stanley Cup or something?

You sure are proving your point that Hawks fans are the bane of existance and Preds fans are sooo much better... :roll:

tumblr_nq0nro00Qy1sna8pso1_500.gif
As a Blues fan I have been ready for next season and the changes to be made in the off going back to the final seconds of game six against the Wild. Only reason I hate that the Hawks won is because I will have to hear "6 cups, 6 cups we can drink you can't" and when I respond with the Blues cup drought is just about as long as the Hawks before they won in 2010 I then have to hear "original 6" repeated over and over. When I try to tell the person that the Hawks are not one of the original 6 teams, and that they came in when the league expanded from 6 teams to 10 and are whats left of them 10 teams I get a response of "fuck you." After that I'm usually told that Blues fans can't sellout their arena. That's because hockey isn't that big hear. I hate to say that, but it's not. It sells out near the end of the season unless the Cardinals are playing, then only the playoff games are sold out. If it's announced that the game sold out chances are there will be a lot of empty seats. So not selling out the arena I will agree with, but when against some teams and the Hawks are one they will sellout. Even without half the attendance being Hawks fans. In fact a lot of Blues fans sell their tickets for 2 or 3 times the ticket price for games against the Hawks because they know Hawks fans will pay it. Also they don't want to deal with dickhead fans and hear the BS that I have just posted about. It is those fans that make me wish Tampa would have taken it to game 7 and won. Otherwise I couldn't care less. I just don't want to hear the fans during Blues and Hawks games the 2 or 3 times they will play in St. Louis next season.

I'm also still bitter that St. Louis half assed it in the first round. Round 2 should have been St. Louis and Chicago. Who knows what would have happened in round 2.

Only good thing about all of this is Timonen can retire with his name on the cup. I'm happy for him. Just wish it was with a different team.

Why take the high road when you can be a sore winner and rub it in, right? Speaking of salty, why don't you try my nuts?

As for Preds fans, there's a reason people from Chicago were blocked from buying tickets. They come into the arena and act like loud, arrogant shitheads. So sorry that we don't like you

Last edited by a moderator:
Scott Darling is from Lemont which is literally a town over from where I live and where I go to work. I'm hoping he brings the cup there or something. Loved seeing him do well, he has a pretty amazing story.

Parade is scheduled for Thursday, I'm definitely going. I've been to all three and its always insane, crowded, hot...but oh so fun. I may just stand on the side of the route where it's a little less crowded this time and try to get some different pictures. Gotta get a picture with the cup this year too, I kept getting screwed in 2013 and missed my only chances.
That guy has had a lot of struggles personally as well as fighting his way up the ranks all the way to the NHL so he's a true sports hero in my book.

Why take the high road when you can be a sore winner and rub it in, right?
Being a sore loser is so much better. :roll:

I just posted that the Stanley Cup Final was an amazing series (which it was, both teams played phenomenal), that I was happy Kimmo got a cup and that I love my Blackhawks. YOU were the one that started bitching about the "shithawks".

I'm amazed that you don't see this...

Speaking of salty, why don't you try my nuts?
...ah, never mind, you must be 13 years old. You still have some growing up to do.

I'm not the one insulting other members on this thread. I KNOW how grateful I should be that I'm still under 25 and have seen my team win the cup three times. The NHL playoffs are an emotional gauntlet full of ups and downs and every good, true hockey fan deserves to see their team come ahead at least once. They all deserve to see their team lift the cup. I truly hope everyone on this thread gets to see it at some point.

You painted me as a "bad" fan the moment you seen that I was a Blackhawks fan and, honestly, you should really take a good look at yourself before insulting other teams fans.

That guy has had a lot of struggles personally as well as fighting his way up the ranks all the way to the NHL so he's a true sports hero in my book.
Yep, couldn't agree more. I'm honestly really happy with the way things turned out and that he actually got to play some games against the Preds. He had some great games in the regular season and I had faith in him when Crawford was going through his struggles.

I really hope I get to meet him at some point this offseason, he seems like a stand up guy too. I'm going to the parade tomorrow and I'm going to go nuts when his name is announced! :D

As a Blues fan I have been ready for next season and the changes to be made in the off going back to the final seconds of game six against the Wild. Only reason I hate that the Hawks won is because I will have to hear "6 cups, 6 cups we can drink you can't" and when I respond with the Blues cup drought is just about as long as the Hawks before they won in 2010 I then have to hear "original 6" repeated over and over. When I try to tell the person that the Hawks are not one of the original 6 teams, and that they came in when the league expanded from 6 teams to 10 and are whats left of them 10 teams I get a response of "fuck you." After that I'm usually told that Blues fans can't sellout their arena. That's because hockey isn't that big hear. I hate to say that, but it's not. It sells out near the end of the season unless the Cardinals are playing, then only the playoff games are sold out. If it's announced that the game sold out chances are there will be a lot of empty seats. So not selling out the arena I will agree with, but when against some teams and the Hawks are one they will sellout. Even without half the attendance being Hawks fans. In fact a lot of Blues fans sell their tickets for 2 or 3 times the ticket price for games against the Hawks because they know Hawks fans will pay it. Also they don't want to deal with dickhead fans and hear the BS that I have just posted about. It is those fans that make me wish Tampa would have taken it to game 7 and won. Otherwise I couldn't care less. I just don't want to hear the fans during Blues and Hawks games the 2 or 3 times they will play in St. Louis next season.
It sounds like you just had some bad experiences with some assholes. I truly think every fanbase is about the same - for every one dick fan you have around 3 great fans. It may seem like the Hawks are the worst, but they also have the biggest fanbase right now thanks to their success, so math alone would mean that there will be more dicks.

I hope that I never offended you in any way, and if I did, I'm sorry.

The Blues are rivals of the Hawks, I really don't care for them, but I do hope they win one for you one day (preferably when the Hawks have a bad season or something :)). You sound like a real passionate hockey fan and I'm assuming you go to a lot of games (?) it's the dedicated guys and girls like you that deserve it.

It sounds like you just had some bad experiences with some assholes. I truly think every fanbase is about the same - for every one dick fan you have around 3 great fans. It may seem like the Hawks are the worst, but they also have the biggest fanbase right now thanks to their success, so math alone would mean that there will be more dicks.

I hope that I never offended you in any way, and if I did, I'm sorry.

The Blues are rivals of the Hawks, I really don't care for them, but I do hope they win one for you one day (preferably when the Hawks have a bad season or something :)). You sound like a real passionate hockey fan and I'm assuming you go to a lot of games (?) it's the dedicated guys and girls like you that deserve it.

I have to deal with shit like that every time I go to a Blues and Hawks game. Thankfully it's not always directed towards me, but I do hear it directed towards someone. I have had one fan that wasn't going to the game try to keep me at a bar just so I couldn't make it to the game on time. They started talking to me about hockey and wouldn't shut up. I had told them I was going to the game when they first asked. The guy even told me as I walked away that he was trying keep me from the game. It's not even the fans that go to the games. The Blues organization is doing like the Cardinals did and setting out bricks that fans were able to personalize. Hawks fans decided to take this as an opportunity to have some that had a hidden message that said "No Cup." I know Chicago has one of if not the largest fan base in the NHL, but sadly the vast majority are making the few good fans look like dicks.

As for the number of games I go to I splurged last season and got a 12 game pack. Did it so I could lock in my playoff tickets thinking that last season was the Blue's year. Or at least they may make it to conference finals. I downgraded to nose bleed for next season as I didn't have the extra money like I did last season. Before last year I would go to at least 5 games a year.

As for you offending me you haven't. Like you said not all fans for a team are bad.

At least you get to go to a good number of games, can't beat that.

I wish I could go to more games but every game costs an arm and a leg now. I don't envy the days where we had a useless owner and the team sucked but at least tickets weren't so expensive...

I got home from the parade a few hours ago and I've been to all three now. Those are awesome because all it takes is $20 for parking and I at least get to see the cup and all that good stuff. It was actually held at Soldier Field (the Chicago Bears stadium) this year and it actually worked out incredibly well for me, had a fantastic view and everything.

The Hawks also have a pre-season practice thing where tickets are like $5 and seats are general admission so I go to that. I try to go to at least a few games a year but, again, it gets pricey pretty quick.

I'm hoping I can go to St. Louis or Minny next year for a game, not necessarily a Hawks game, but just to check out some different teams and stadiums. I've never been to either.

...ah, never mind, you must be 13 years old. You still have some growing up to do.

I'm not the one insulting other members on this thread. I KNOW how grateful I should be that I'm still under 25 and have seen my team win the cup three times. The NHL playoffs are an emotional gauntlet full of ups and downs and every good, true hockey fan deserves to see their team come ahead at least once. They all deserve to see their team lift the cup. I truly hope everyone on this thread gets to see it at some point.

You painted me as a "bad" fan the moment you seen that I was a Blackhawks fan and, honestly, you should really take a good look at yourself before insulting other teams fans.
Haha, ok, guy. Don't question somebody's maturity when you use the dudebro language of calling people "salty". You're not as enlightened as you think you are.

Haha, ok, guy. Don't question somebody's maturity when you use the dudebro language of calling people "salty". You're not as enlightened as you think you are.
It's just a word. Jealous. Sore loser. Cry baby. It's all the same. Does it matter? Does it really?

I'm done with this back and forth. If you really need to convince yourself that you are the 'better' fan and need to have the last word. Go ahead. You won! Yay! Me and my "shithawks" are beneath you and your mighty hockey organization.

Jesus Christ, I rather just discuss hockey with other fans on here that want to actually discuss hockey. I thought the name of this thread was "NHL Discussion 2014-2015" not "Let's bitch about the Blackhawks fans".

At least you get to go to a good number of games, can't beat that.

I wish I could go to more games but every game costs an arm and a leg now. I don't envy the days where we had a useless owner and the team sucked but at least tickets weren't so expensive...

I got home from the parade a few hours ago and I've been to all three now. Those are awesome because all it takes is $20 for parking and I at least get to see the cup and all that good stuff. It was actually held at Soldier Field (the Chicago Bears stadium) this year and it actually worked out incredibly well for me, had a fantastic view and everything.

The Hawks also have a pre-season practice thing where tickets are like $5 and seats are general admission so I go to that. I try to go to at least a few games a year but, again, it gets pricey pretty quick.

I'm hoping I can go to St. Louis or Minny next year for a game, not necessarily a Hawks game, but just to check out some different teams and stadiums. I've never been to either.
I'm only able to go because the prices aren't outrageously high. At least not on StubHub.com and SeatGeek.com, well depending on the game they're not. My 12 pack last year was a first for me. I spent more than I should have. For the 15-16 season I bought another one, but moved the seat to nose bleed. I'm hoping I can get a price breaker seat. Before fees and taxes my pack is only going to be 444 dollars. I pay that over 10 months so it's not as bad. I park for free and take the Metro Link train to the game and that's only 5 bucks round trip. If the price wasn't that low or if I had a family I wouldn't be buying the pack.

If you do come to St. Louis please don't act like the Hawks fans I described. Friendly heckling is one thing, but some take it over the line. Hopefully Blues fans will show you the same respect you show them. Also don't expect that nice of an arena and use a restroom at a bar before the game. The restrooms at Scottrade sadly get trashed minutes after people are let in. Also the arena isn't really that great of one. Could be because I have been to it so much, but it just feels lacking.

Thanks for the advice. I probably wouldn't wear any Hawks gear if I go to a game where they're not playing. I'm assuming the Hawks tickets are way more expensive. If I do end up going to a Hawks game, I'd probably wear some stuff, but I don't do stupid shit anyway. Most I do is cheer if my team scores. I don't even drink at games - too expensive and I see what happens to people who drink too much at games, haha.

Tickets when they play the Hawks are outrageous.  I think teams drive tickets against the Hawks up because they know they will sell.  Games against Eastern Conference teams are also higher.  I'm sure most teams raise prices for games against teams from the other conference.  If you want to wear your Hawks gear wear it.  I'd do the same for my Blues if I went to a game and they weren't playing.  If not my hockey sweater then at least my hat.  I don't recommend drinking at Scottrade.  They charge too much for alcohol.  I think domestic is $8.25 and a Guinness is 10 when it comes to a beer.  Mixed is I think a little less.  I know some that bring in the shooters that don't have a metal cap, so they don't set off the metal detector, and mix it in with their free designated driver drink.  If you drink beer I suggest going to the Flying Saucer before the game.  They have a large selection of craft beer.  For food I suggest Tigin.

Yeah, I figured Hawks tickets would be expensive. Honestly, with the money I spend to get down there, the hotel and the food (thanks for the suggestion, I'll keep it noted!) I'll probably want to get a cheaper ticket. I don't necessarily need to see the Hawks.

I'll just have to prepare and hopefully grab some decent tickets. I rather not see a dumpster fire of an opposing team but I don't need a premium ticket either - just would like to see some good hockey.

It's a little early to plan for now, but I'm excited about it. I would like to see more live hockey, ever since the Hawks success, I barely go to any games at all.

It seems like that is the one thing that sucks about a successful team.  The ticket prices go up.

That's why I haven't attended many Kings games over the past 3 seasons. Used to attend about 8 games a year, getting cheap tickets and even free spots in suites through friends at LetsGoKings.com. Now tickets are closing in on Lakers prices.

Sad that it's like that for fans.  Championship and high ticket prices or no championship and low ticket prices.  

Yep, I guess there is no way around it, but it does suck for the diehard fans that stick with the team through the bad. I mean, I can get White Sox tickets to pretty much any game (minus the Cubs series and maybe when Chris Sale pitches) for free. Literally, there are so many people giving them away it's not difficult at all. It was the exact same way with the Hawks before the Kane-Toews era. I knew a guy that had season tickets and he'd give them to me all the time - had pretty good seats too. I lost touch with him now but I really hope he kept those babies! Haha.

The Hawks parade was great, and they did a pretty good job handling everything, but one thing irked me. The rally was held at Soldier Field and you needed a ticket to get in. The tickets were completely free but you had to go on Ticketmaster the day before at noon to grab them (maximum was 4 per person). Obviously, you need to ticket the event because Soldier Field does have a capacity - there were tickets for the seats and General Admission on the ground. The problem I had was with the fact that the Hawks didn't automatically give tickets out to the season ticket holders. Most of the season ticket holders have had them for 15+ years - they went through some dark times where the team and ownership was a complete joke - they deserve to get reserved seats for the freaking victory rally!

I was lucky enough to get a ticket on ticketmaster but I know some season ticket holder weren't so lucky and I really felt bad for them considering those are some of the most loyal fans the Hawks have.

That really sucks.  When/If the Blues ever win it I don't know if they would start out at Scottrade, Busch Stadium or if it's built by then the new football stadium.  I hope that all tickets are sold/given to ticket holders first.  The way this ownership is I'd like to think they will go to full season first then half and after that the partial plan holders like myself.  Only I can see them selling them and not giving them away for free.  Hopefully one day soon I'll find out if I'm right or wrong on this.  I have said it a number of times that when/if the Blues win the cup I'm finished with the NHL.  I just hope we get a minor league team here by then.  The Chill took a season off, but I don't expect that franchise to last.  Not if they do like they did their first season.  Also hockey is hard to get viewers as it is in this area.  You have a minor league team play the same nights at home when the NHL team plays home or even away chances are no one will show up.  Talks are that a new arena will be built in Fenton, not far from St. Louis, and that it will look like the Arena or Checker Dome.  I have seen concept images of it and it has me really missing the old arena.  Especially seeing how I was never able to watch a game there.  The place will also be like Busch Stadiums Ball Park Village.  I saw rumors that the team affiliated with this arena once completed will be an ECHL team.  The team rumored was the Missouri Mavericks.  I really don't expect that to happen.  St. Louis had an AHL team back in the 1930's called the Flyers.  It would be nice to have an AHL team here again.  I'm not sure if they could be called the Flyers, but maybe they could be called the Eagles.  Something to remind people in the area that St. Louis has a history of hockey before the Blues. 

Any of you play the NHL games?

I guess this will be the cover of NHL 16

CITsLYOWwAAzFab.jpg

I love my Blackhawks and all, but damn if that's not one of the ugliest covers I've seen in a long time.

From a marketing standpoint, I do get it, the Blackhawks sell big and it seems like "Play Together. Win Together." may be their motto or something? I don't know, whatever, but if you had to have a Blackhawk...choose Keith. At least it could be argued he deserves it.  :whistle2:x

It's just a bad photo. I could put together a better photo than that.

Price, Tavares, Benn, Doughty...so many guys that deserve the cover and haven't actually been on it already.

Also, 3 on 3 OT hockey...thoughts?

If I had an Xbox One or PS4 and EA put back everything that they took out when 15 was released I would have to get a new cover for that.  It just looks bad.  I'm not even saying that because I'm a Blues fan.  I think they could have put a better photo on the cover.  Hell they could have had them come in to EA's studio and take some photos, but they didn't.  I read an interview with Towes about this cover.  He said that they were called over after the Hawks won the cup.  So the picture was taken at game 6, and the way I read it, it was one and done.  They didn't know why, but after it was taken they figured it out.  He also said something about wondering if fans were getting sick of them.  All I have to say to that is that it's bad when even Hawks fans hate that cover.

As for the 3 on 3 I'd rather have what the AHL does, but I'm willing to give the 3 on 3 a chance.  

If I had an Xbox One or PS4 and EA put back everything that they took out when 15 was released I would have to get a new cover for that. It just looks bad. I'm not even saying that because I'm a Blues fan. I think they could have put a better photo on the cover. Hell they could have had them come in to EA's studio and take some photos, but they didn't. I read an interview with Towes about this cover. He said that they were called over after the Hawks won the cup. So the picture was taken at game 6, and the way I read it, it was one and done. They didn't know why, but after it was taken they figured it out. He also said something about wondering if fans were getting sick of them. All I have to say to that is that it's bad when even Hawks fans hate that cover.

As for the 3 on 3 I'd rather have what the AHL does, but I'm willing to give the 3 on 3 a chance.
I'm sick of Toews and Kane on the cover, they have already been on it...

Also my Avs just traded for Soderberg's rights! Bye Bye O'Reilly! Some rumors of the Avs packaging O'Reilly and the 10th pick for the Yotes number 3!! Big swing in the way the team is made up! Look out central division!

Yeah, I'll be taking that cover out and wiping my ass with it as soon as I get the game. That's not even an anti-Hawks thing...that's just a hideous as fuck cover. I thought for sure that was just a fan made mockup until I Googled it. And like bestkeeper14 said, considering Toews and Kane were on the cover in back to back years (NHL 10, NHL 11), this is just more retarded shit from EA.

Three of the last seven covers have featured these guys. Give somebody else a chance for God's sake.

I'm sick of Toews and Kane on the cover, they have already been on it...

Also my Avs just traded for Soderberg's rights! Bye Bye O'Reilly! Some rumors of the Avs packaging O'Reilly and the 10th pick for the Yotes number 3!! Big swing in the way the team is made up! Look out central division!
I have seen 2 teems are in talks with Arizona for the 3rd overall. One is for a prospect and only a prospect because the prospect is that good. The other is for a player and a pick still in the top 10. Rumor I saw said that the team could be Columbus, and Columbus fits both of them offers. I didn't check to see if the Columbus part was true or not.

For the Blues rumors are going all over with Oshie and Berglund in a packaged deal. I have seen Toronto come up so that could be Kessel, but he didn't put the Blues on his list. The others have been Pittsburgh, Edmonton, San Jose and Boston. Armstrong has been looking at Lucic going back to last summer. Only thing narrowing it down is that Armstrong is looking for a big center. So I'm guessing that Backes is going at some point also depending on the center or being moved to right wing. I still think the first line next season will be Schwartz- Stastny- Backes, as long as Backes stays.

I'm so freaking excited for the draft. And all these trades going down...so much fun.

I just got home so I haven't really looked at anything yet but I'll be in hockey mode for the rest of the night.

Well Lucic to St. Louis doesn't seem like it will happen.  Looks like he could be going to LA.  About the only interest in Oshie that I know of 100% is from a reporter for the Florida Panthers.  Well that's at least what they told a reporter for the Blues.  Armstrong needs to make a move.  Radio reports yesterday said that he would be making them today.  I'm calling BS as of right now.  Changes and fast and reckless all seem to be more smoke blown up all the Blues fans' asses.

I think Boston got the better end of that deal.  Especially if they're rebuilding.  Lucic, with one year left till UFA, Martin Jones, defenceman Colin Miller and the 13th overall pick in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft.  Boston has now the 13th, 14th and 15th overall picks today.

I think Boston got the better end of that deal. Especially if they're rebuilding. Lucic, with one year left till UFA, Martin Jones, defenceman Colin Miller and the 13th overall pick in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft. Boston has now the 13th, 14th and 15th overall picks today.

Boston is going crazy today.

I like the Lucic trade but I'm still scratching my head about Dougie Hamilton.
Boston is retaining half of Lucic's salary... YIKES! And it sounds like Boston is now trying to trade Martin or Subban for another pick. Highly likely that they go after the Yotes 3rd pick for hanafin or povorov

fuck!  the Avs just revealed the new jersey changes they have been hyping!  They fucking got rid of the Yeti foot and added a dumb burgundy C on the shoulder!!!  This sucks!

Screen-Shot-2015-06-26-at-4.27.43-PM-594x357.png

The Kings didn't really have to give up much that was of use to them right now, though. Jonathan Quick is obviously the man in goal, and if there's any area in which the Kings have a surplus of talent in their system, it's the defensemen.

I'm really liking Detroit's pick... Seeing them go to a Russian is great seeing as that is what we have been missing for so long. I feel like Russian players seem to be a bit more aggressive and less hesitant to hit. I think Evengy will be a great fit for Blashill's system which seems to be a bit more physical than Babcock's. I'm looking forward to seeing a Wings roster and coaching style that resembles that of Bowman's.

I thought I would watch the draft again today, but it looks like hockeystreams.com wont have it today.  This is when I really miss the NHL Network.

The C on the Avalanche jersey is a nod to the Colorado Rockies jerseys when they were there back in the mid 70's to early 80's.
I think its a nice touch, and probably should have been there from the start.

VERY creative move today by the Flyers and Coyotes. Trading Pronger and Grossman, opened up a bit if cap space for the Flyers and got the Coyotes closer to the cap floor. Gagner, going the otther way, will probably just be bought out by Philadelphia.

Not too happy about the Rangers sending Haglin to Anaheim for Etem, but I know they wouldn't be able to afford him.
Thought Sather would get a little more for Talbot. Between these two deals, this certainly wasn't Glens best work. I know he isn't finished, but as of right now, the Rangers are quite a bit weeker than they were yesterday.

The C on the Avalanche jersey is a nod to the Colorado Rockies jerseys when they were there back in the mid 70's to early 80's.
I think its a nice touch, and probably should have been there from the start.
Oh I know that, and the rockies jersey was based off the state flag. I don't like the coloring, and the yeti foot was a trademark forever, just like the mountain piping the jerseys had before switching to reebok. Not happy bout the changes. Makes me wonder what the new third/out door game jersey will look like.

I'm not really surprised by this.  I really don't think they wanted him back after last season.  If he gets picked up by another team, and likes it there then when Carter is UFA I wont be surprised if Carter goes to that team.  Any team that wants a better shot at Carter would be smart to try for Richards as long as they can get him for the right price. 

Yeah, I don't see the Players Association letting that slide. How do you just terminate a contract?
I'm going to grab some popcorn and sit and watch this develop.

...and looks like the Leafs are really trying to move Phil Kessel. Rumors says they'll retain 2 million in salary.

Yeah, I don't see the Players Association letting that slide. How do you just terminate a contract?
I'm going to grab some popcorn and sit and watch this develop.

...and looks like the Leafs are really trying to move Phil Kessel. Rumors says they'll retain 2 million in salary.
Well the hold up is Kessel is due a $4 million dollar bonus tonight at midnight. No team wants to pay that.

Well, Saad was traded to CBJ :(

It sucks because Saad is a stud and was instrumental in us winning the cup this year. Supposedly he was looking for 6 yrs with AAV of $6.5M which is pretty damn high. He's a stud, but he isn't a Kane or Toews yet. We got Dano who is a highly rated prospect and Anisimov is pretty good as well. Saad said he'd take a discount to stay in Chicago but I have a feeling his agent said NOPE to that, lol. Chicago wanted a bridge and he wanted long term - which is understandable.

It sucks but if that number is true, maybe it will work out for the Hawks. I have seen no reason to doubt the Hawks front office, they have proven they know what they're doing. The only really bad decision they made was signing Bickell to that crazy contract but they've been pretty darn smooth 95% of the time. Example: getting rid of Niemi after 2010 and keeping Hjalmarsson.

Any CBJ fans should be pretty ecstatic though. Saad is fucking awesome. He put everything out on the ice every shift, exactly what you want out of a player...also, he is only 22 years old!

Pretty shocked Saad was traded and surprised that Pittsburgh didn't get him. Supposedly Pittsburgh is pretty shocked that the Hawks didn't take their deal for him. Perhaps the Hawks didn't want to play against Saad in a possible playoff matchup?

Jeff Carter has the same decade plus long contract that Richards has. Won't be a UFA until 2022
Well then the hell with my idea. Not unless Carter requests to be traded. Some teams will trade a player that requests it, but I don't see LA doing that with Carter.

Well the hold up is Kessel is due a $4 million dollar bonus tonight at midnight. No team wants to pay that.
The Leafs don't even want to pay that. Things could get interesting with him the longer this goes. I have heard a number of rumors as teams wanting him, but only a few are on his list. I think he can hand in a new list after he gets that bonus also. I had read some place that trading Saad now makes it so that any team can make him an offer. So I guess he's now a UFA. If that's true I'm sure a few teams that Chicago doesn't want him to go to will try to get him. I wouldn't be surprised if St. Louis ends up with Kessel or Saad. It all just depends on the Tarasenko signing.

I had read some place that trading Saad now makes it so that any team can make him an offer. So I guess he's now a UFA. If that's true I'm sure a few teams that Chicago doesn't want him to go to will try to get him. I wouldn't be surprised if St. Louis ends up with Kessel or Saad. It all just depends on the Tarasenko signing.
I don't think that is true but I'm not 100%. Either way, I don't see the Blue Jackets not signing him now. That would be a colossal screw up after giving up a guy like Dano.

Well then the hell with my idea. Not unless Carter requests to be traded. Some teams will trade a player that requests it, but I don't see LA doing that with Carter.
It's not impossible. If a player really wants out a team might see it as the best course of action to trade them away rather than leave an unhappy player in the locker room. Kings went out of their way to trade Ryan Smyth to the Oilers a few years back when he requested it.

TMZ once again is the one to break the news (ie: pay for a leak) and is saying that Mike Richards got caught with oxy at the border. I'm guessing there's more to the story than that. Surprised it took so long for the story to, at least partially, come out considering a number of media members were hinting around that they knew what had happened.

I'm not sure.  If he's not considered a RFA I'm sure other teams will be making offers.  It will be up to him.  By trading for him it's a gamble.  Dallas just did the same thing wit Niemi.  They could have made that trade and he could have decided not to sign with them.  Only thing different is ones an RFA and the other is a UFA.  I'm just not sure if Saad's RFA now basically changes to a UFA.  I guess we will find out in the coming days.

bread's done
Back