Ni No Kuni $50 @ Amazon

[quote name='Zombiekillz9']i wonder, how long will amazon keep it 49.99........[/QUOTE]

until Saturday as Amazon matched Best Buy's weekly ad sale.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']until Saturday as Amazon matched Best Buy's weekly ad sale.[/QUOTE]

Remember when Amazon could do their own sales and not just copy other people's? Oh well, in for Griffy. Hope he hits home runs or whatever.

i beat the game. i got griffy from amazon when i pre order through them and yes he is a beast until around the end, the thing that sucks with him is that he maxes out at level 29, you cant go any higher while your other familiars can go to 99.

Hmm, seeing that I'd probably not sell the DLC, I'll probably wait until the game is on sale for around $30-$40...

[quote name='Azuvidexus']Hmm, seeing that I'd probably not sell the DLC, I'll probably wait until the game is on sale for around $30-$40...[/QUOTE]

But by then you may not get the DLC, so there's really no benefit to you waiting.

Hi, if anyone is still interested in the Ni No Kuni strategy guide either for flipping the price on eBay or just wanting to own one Barnes and Noble got a new shipment in last week and quickly went out of sale but they got another batch in a few days ago

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/ni-...=pla&ean=9780307895981&isbn=9780307895981&r=1

And if they're sold out this website also gets new stock every week. I ordered my copy from B&N last saturday and got it today.

http://www.overstock.com/Books-Movies-Music-Games/Ni-No-Kuni/7460368/product.html

Overstock is a little more, $28~ with shipping and they'll email you when they get it in stock.

[quote name='bandgeek44']Hi, if anyone is still interested in the Ni No Kuni strategy guide either for flipping the price on eBay or just wanting to own one Barnes and Noble got a new shipment in last week and quickly went out of sale but they got another batch in a few days ago

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/ni-...=pla&ean=9780307895981&isbn=9780307895981&r=1

And if they're sold out this website also gets new stock every week. I ordered my copy from B&N last saturday and got it today.

http://www.overstock.com/Books-Movies-Music-Games/Ni-No-Kuni/7460368/product.html

Overstock is a little more, $28~ with shipping and they'll email you when they get it in stock.[/QUOTE]

It's cheaper on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Ni-No-Kuni-Wrath-Official/dp/030789598X/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1361373040&sr=8-2&keywords=ni+no+kuni

Ended up buying both the game and guide on Amazon. Been waiting for a price drop, but whatever. Don't really want to wait anymore. Thanks! :)

[quote name='gepet0']Can you use multiple amazon promo credits to puchase a single item?[/QUOTE]

yea, i used 4 - $5 GC codes...

[quote name='diazt350']Has anyone's copy shipped yet? I ordered on monday[/QUOTE]

Ordered one two days ago, just got shipping notification a minute ago.

[quote name='kitsunisan']Ordered one two days ago, just got shipping notification a minute ago.[/QUOTE]

Just checked and still hasn't shipped but if your shipped already guess mine will ship later today.

[quote name='contej85']But by then you may not get the DLC, so there's really no benefit to you waiting.[/QUOTE]

Is the Griffy DLC that good? Again, considering that I'd probably not sell it, so it's something like DLC or wait for it to drop $10 - $15 more than now?

[quote name='Azuvidexus']Is the Griffy DLC that good? Again, considering that I'd probably not sell it, so it's something like DLC or wait for it to drop $10 - $15 more than now?[/QUOTE]

But if you wait, you maybe can get it for $25-30 but amazon probably won't be offering Griffey then. Or buy it now for $50, sell the content for $20-25 and you get the game now for that price.

[quote name='henry00x']fyi i just sold the griffy dlc for $25 on ebay today[/QUOTE]
:applause:.. i used the DLC before checking Ebay. I was kicking myself for not selling it. Let's hope it's a kick ass familiar.

[quote name='diazt350']Mine just shipped a while ago thank god, amazon put it was going to take 1-3 weeks to ship.[/QUOTE]

When did you order yours? Telling me the same.

[quote name='Owlmanus']When did you order yours? Telling me the same.[/QUOTE]

Monday afternoon. Got my shipping confirmation a couple hrs ago.

Now just to wait for the DLC.

[quote name='Azazael13']It is a great familiar. At least I am told that, I want one but won't pay that much for it.[/QUOTE]

you could always order a copy and then refuse delivery/return to sender when UPS or USPS delivers it

then you'd have Griffy and get refunded the $50

[quote name='diazt350']Monday afternoon. Got my shipping confirmation a couple hrs ago.

Now just to wait for the DLC.[/QUOTE]

If you don't mind telling, where are you located? I'm in Central Michigan and I ordered on the morning of the 19th and nothing yet. Should be getting it from Gamefly tomorrow at least to get started on it.

[quote name='jle7385']If you don't mind telling, where are you located? I'm in Central Michigan and I ordered on the morning of the 19th and nothing yet. Should be getting it from Gamefly tomorrow at least to get started on it.[/QUOTE]

I'm in LA. I ordered on the 18th. It might take another day for it to ship for you

I caved and grabbed a copy while the DLC is still available. This game wasn't even on my radar, but it looks damn good.

I've owned the game since launch, and while I enjoy it for the most part, it has some serious flaws. First off, if it hasn't been mentioned, the AI on your party members is a special kind of atrocious. You can give them a basic strategy like keep me healed or go all out, but even then, they're little more than cannon fodder.

Second, there are some insane difficulty spikes in the game. You can get to points where you can completely decimate everything in the area you're in, but then you step into the next area and you're dead before you know what happened. It got to the point where I just grinded on some high exp enemies for a couple of hours.

Third, the mechanics of how you raise your familiars is way wonky. When you evolve a familiar, they go back to level 1 in their new form. Also, if you capture the second form of a familiar and raise him alongside one who was raised from the original form and had his level maxed before evolving, the difference in stats is astronomical, making taming these forms utterly useless.

Speaking of levels, familiars don't share a common max level. Some can go to 58, others max at 20. Without a guide, you're lost.

Lastly, the game is too linear. You have very specific a, b, c progression. The sidequests are too short to be considered content, with one real exception that you'll recognize as soon as you get far enough to get it.

If I had it to do over again, this is a game I would buy, but not for more than 30 bucks.

Yeah this shipping delay is making me re-think cancelling the game - at after resale of the DLC cost of about $30 it'll be on the backburner for a while anyways!

[quote name='Y2Bogus']I've owned the game since launch, and while I enjoy it for the most part, it has some serious flaws. First off, if it hasn't been mentioned, the AI on your party members is a special kind of atrocious. You can give them a basic strategy like keep me healed or go all out, but even then, they're little more than cannon fodder.

Second, there are some insane difficulty spikes in the game. You can get to points where you can completely decimate everything in the area you're in, but then you step into the next area and you're dead before you know what happened. It got to the point where I just grinded on some high exp enemies for a couple of hours.

Third, the mechanics of how you raise your familiars is way wonky. When you evolve a familiar, they go back to level 1 in their new form. Also, if you capture the second form of a familiar and raise him alongside one who was raised from the original form and had his level maxed before evolving, the difference in stats is astronomical, making taming these forms utterly useless.

Speaking of levels, familiars don't share a common max level. Some can go to 58, others max at 20. Without a guide, you're lost.

Lastly, the game is too linear. You have very specific a, b, c progression. The sidequests are too short to be considered content, with one real exception that you'll recognize as soon as you get far enough to get it.

If I had it to do over again, this is a game I would buy, but not for more than 30 bucks.[/QUOTE]
While the AI is absolute shit, I never had extreme difficulty spikes. Yeah some places were tougher than others but I never really felt like the game forced hours of grinding on me.

The quests can be hit or miss, but then again this is a JRPG which most of the ones I played have a very linear nature and really not a deep quest line. If I wanted a free and open RPG experience I would play Skyrim.

Personally I think the game is fantastic besides the obvious AI issue. The level cap for familiars is a bit odd, but it's unique. Is defiantly a contender for my GOTY.

i'm still debating on the game... but just wanted to add that if anyone adds the 23.99 hardcover guide and 49.99 game to your cart, it will reduce the game by $2.00 to $47.99? (worked for me earlier and i'm about to test it again, does anyone know why this is?) It says "Best Value Savings $-2.50"

AZ just got a warehouse in PHX i believe, so now we get tax'd... so it pushes it 70 and change.. can't pull the trigger since my backlog is so long and i'm moving... decisions, decisions...

[quote name='jmarano7836']i'm still debating on the game... but just wanted to add that if anyone adds the 23.99 hardcover guide and 49.99 game to your cart, it will reduce the game by $2.00 to $47.99? (worked for me earlier and i'm about to test it again, does anyone know why this is?) It says "Best Value Savings $-2.50"

AZ just got a warehouse in PHX i believe, so now we get tax'd... so it pushes it 70 and change.. can't pull the trigger since my backlog is so long and i'm moving... decisions, decisions...[/QUOTE]

There are 4 warehouses in Phoenix actually. They have been here for quite a while.

Placed an order a couple hours ago. The earliest ship date was March 7, but it was soon changed to an expected delivery on February 27.

Oh man, decisions decisions. I really want this game but am still on the fence as to whether it's worth getting a PS3 for since I don't currently own one.

I used to love the classic JRPGs. In more recent years I really haven't care for them at all with very rare exceptions (like Xenoblade) but I do love Ghibli and this really looks like a good JRPG.

I suppose I should see if there's a good deal on a PS3. Not really loving the idea of buying a PS3 when the PS4 was just announced though. :p

[quote name='Motoki']I suppose I should see if there's a good deal on a PS3. Not really loving the idea of buying a PS3 when the PS4 was just announced though. :p[/QUOTE]

I struggled with the same thing. I finally gave in with tax money and picked up this and a condition 5 PS3 slim off Cowboom. I needed a Bluray player anyways, so what the hell.

Meanwhile, after the whole fiasco with the Wizards Edition from the Namco Bandai store I received my free Strategy Guide from them today since they couldn't fulfill my order for it.

bread's done
Back