Nine Inch Nails: Wave Goodbye (1989-2009)

I forgot about the shows in Chicago and LA - maybe they'll do it again and tape it there. So... maybe they'll do The Fragile later this week? I can only hope.

[quote name='tcrash247']Sporadic, I heard on ETS that they soundchecked Big Man With A Gun before your show.[/QUOTE]

I haven't been to a show since the first show in West Palm Beach. I was actually lucky enough to listen to the soundcheck and they didn't do Big Man With A Gun...they did Discipline
Head Down
Gave Up
La Mer

[quote name='Sporadic']I haven't been to a show since the first show in West Palm Beach. I was actually lucky enough to listen to the soundcheck and they didn't do Big Man With A Gun...they did Discipline
Head Down
Gave Up
La Mer[/QUOTE]

Oh... Sorry about that! For whatever reason I was thinking you went to the show at NYC on Saturday.

All of Downward Spiral makes me extremely jealous.

[quote name='pete5883']Randy, how was Bowery??[/QUOTE]

Amazing. Hot. Crowded.

Crazy good show, even if I wasn't totally blown away by the setlist. I haven't seen NIN in a place that small since I was in highschool in the (very) early 90's.

[quote name='pete5883']So... maybe they'll do The Fragile later this week? I can only hope.[/QUOTE]

Two nights at Terminal 5. Two discs in The Fragile. Coincidence? ;)

I would kill just to hear them do We're in This Together live.

I will never forget that crazy NIN snuff film. A friend of mine bought this tape at a underground record store about 15 years ago. That stuff had to be the some of the craziest $h!t I've ever seen. We must have watched it a dozen times in a row in disbelief.

fucking incredible show last night. They basically played everything I felt I missed during the last 2 tours, and Peter Murphy showed up for a few.

Last night's show was insane. I was totally blown away by that performance.

Peter Murphy's appearance was an amazing added bonus!

Here's the setlist:
"Home"
"Terrible Lie"
"The Beginning Of The End"
"Discipline"
"March Of The Pigs"
"The Line Begins To Blur"
"I'm Afraid of Americans"
"Ruiner"
"The Big Come Down"
"Burn"
"Gave Up"
"La Mer"
"The Fragile"
"Non-Entity"
"Eraser"
"The Way Out Is Through"
"1,000,000"
"Letting You"
"Survivalism"
"Reptile" with Peter Murphy
"Kick in the Eye" (Bauhaus) with Peter Murphy
"The Hand That Feeds"
"Head Like A Hole" encore
"The Frail"
"The Wretched"
"The Day The World Went Away"
"Dead Souls" (Joy Division) with Peter Murphy
"Wish"
"Hurt"

So Wednesday, Peter Murphy showed up again:

DSCF3569.JPG

This is the Wednesday night setlist:

"Pinion"
"Somewhat Damaged"
"Wish"
"Last"
"Sin"
"March Of The Pigs"
"Something I Can Never Have"
"Piggy (Nothing Can Stop Me Now)"
"Metal"
"Terrible Lie"
"Head Down"
"Burn"
"Gave Up"
"La Mer"
"The Frail"
"The Wretched"
"Non-Entity"
"Gone, Still"
"Lights In The Sky"
"The Downward Spiral"
"1,000,000"
"Survivalism"
"The Good Soldier"
"Dead Souls"
"Hurt"

Encore
"Suck"
"Down In It"
"The Hand That Feeds"
"Head Like A Hole"
"Reptile" with Peter Murphy
"Strange Kind Of Love" (Peter Murphy) with Peter Murphy
"Bela Lugosi's Dead" (Bauhaus) with Peter Murphy
"Final Solution" (Pere Ubu) with Peter Murphy

[quote name='bardockkun']Has that ever even been performed?[/QUOTE]

Apparently. Check out the section entitled "The following non-LP songs have been played live." They don't give a date or anything, though. I wish they would play more remixes. Some of them are fantastic!

Edit - I totally didn't give a link to what I'm talking about. WTF is wrong with me?

http://www.echoingthesound.org/phpbbx/viewtopic.php?t=13892

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bardockkun']Man, I guess he's FINALLY gotten tired of playing Closer.[/QUOTE]

I'm fine with that. Down In It and Hurt should've been retired ages ago, as well.

[quote name='bmachine']I'm fine with that. Down In It and Hurt should've been retired ages ago, as well.[/QUOTE]

QFT. I never really liked Down In It and he seems to always play it for Philly. Hurt is meh as well nowadays, I was happy that he did not close my NINJA show with it.

[quote name='bmachine']Down In It should've been retired ages ago, as well.[/QUOTE]
You bite your tongue. Head Like a Hole, on the other hand, I would love to never hear again.

They performed The Downward Spiral all the way through again, I guess for the cameras, and then Gary Numan showed up at last night's show to do Metal and Cars. Also tonight's show is cancelled.

[quote name='pete5883']I could've gone for Closer To God, though.[/QUOTE]

I'v e seen NIN close to 15 times in the last 15 years, and that is still my favorite track. Like another poster stated, they did play it on the Bowie tour, i was in the front row in Columbus OH for that one. They also played Piggy (Nothing can stop me now)

[quote name='pete5883']...and then Gary Numan showed up at last night's show to do Metal and Cars. [/QUOTE]

I loves me some Gary Numan but Peter Murphy is way better. We win.

[quote name='pete5883']They performed The Downward Spiral all the way through again, I guess for the cameras, and then Gary Numan showed up at last night's show to do Metal and Cars. [/QUOTE]
Holy shit! That is fucking awesome!

Amazing set lists. The first NIN concert I went to was opening for Peter Murphy... I can't believe he showed up for 2 nights.

I keep checking nin.com to see if Florida dates might be added? Nothing so far.

[quote name='InvaderZim']Amazing set lists. The first NIN concert I went to was opening for Peter Murphy... I can't believe he showed up for 2 nights.[/QUOTE]
4 actually. 2 in NY, 2 in Chicago.

And that was pretty awesome, but Peter Murphy does win. Maybe if he had shown up upside down...

Former NINE INCH NAILS keyboardist JAMES WOOLLEY, who played with TRENT REZNORs band from 1991 to 1994, died last SUNDAY at the age of 49, his ex-wife, KATE VAN BUREN, announced in a FACEBOOK post. No cause of death was given.

WOOLLEY recorded with NINE INCH NAILS on their groundbreaking 1994 album, The Downward Spiral.”
VAN BUREN first met WOOLLEY at the SUNSET SOCIAL CLUB in L.A.: “It was love at first sight. I did not know he played keyboards in NINE INCH NAILS until weeks later.”

TRENT RENZOR said in a statement: “Terrible news regarding JAMES. I hadn’t crossed paths with him for some time, but always thought of him fondly. He was a fun character to be around, a solid musician and a genuinely good guy. Those of us from that era of the band have been sharing ‘JAMES’ stories ... lots of laughs and love and sadness. Wishing his family the very best.”

WOOLLEY joined NIN from CHICAGO’s DIE WARZAU, and after leaving, played briefly in 2WO with JUDAS PRIEST lead singer ROB HALFORD.
He also worked as a producer for other groups and did sound design on “The Simpsons.”
“JAMES worked hard and played hard with NIN,” wrote VAN BUREN. “He brought coolness to playing keyboards, which isn’t as easy to do as playing guitar or drums.”

WOOLLEY is survived by his three children, BRANDAN, MARY and ANNE, his parents, JOHN and NANCY WOOLLEY, and his brother JOHN.

A funeral service is scheduled for SATURDAY AUGUST 20th at OUR LADY OF PERPETUAL HELP CHURCH in NILES, IL.

bread's done
Back