Ninja Gaiden 3 Collector s Edition $19.99 @ Gamestop

This can't be right. Every store near me has the PS3 version in stock... Normally, I'm SoL on these clearance CEs.

[quote name='Lordd_G']360 is original development platform... not sure if there is a major difference though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I'll possibly check into it. I'm near a few GameStop's so if anyone wants one, I could ship it to you. I just don't know how much shipping would cost. PM if you're interested. It'll be shipping from the NY area if anyone was interested.

[quote name='Lordd_G']Sure... PM me an offer. Statue is not broken, never used/displayed. Includes sealed soundtrack CD and artbook.[/QUOTE]

Have a CAG from Texas getting me one. Fingers crossed it's in good condition

Wow talk about great customer support. I emailed [email protected] a couple of hours ago and already have a replacement for the missing online pass!

As for which version 360 or ps3 is best Lens of Truth leaned toward PS3:

http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head-ninja-gaiden-3-analysis/2/

Btw does anyone know if Razor's Edge had a collector's edition? I can't seem to find any mention of it and I didn't notice till today that it actually came out on PS3 and 360 as well. I thought it was Wii U only.

Just got mine about 30 min ago. Putting the statue "together" took some work. Everything was there, nothing broken. Box is a tiny bit dinged up, and the art book has a dinged corner, but otherwise really happy for $20...I am running out of room for all the CE figures/statues...

#FirstWorldCAGProblems

Got mine today. Haven't opened it up yet, but even if the figure is broken it's nothing super glue can't fix. Few more in the STL area according to the online tracker. My store actually still had a Max Payne 3 CE, which was annoying since they surely didn't have it when those things were $20 (they're $40 now).

[quote name='kitsunisan']$3.
Got one today, brought it home and found Ryu's sword was completely missing from the box. Called my local GS, they're shipping one from another store for me.[/QUOTE]

Well $16.99 is much better than 19.99! IMHO. Maybe I will get lucky and they will have it in stock still when Friday rolls around.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']would anyone be willing to pick one up for me? Ill pay $30 with shipping included. Id really like this but none of the locations near me have it in stock. :([/QUOTE]

I'll check my local store tomorrow for ya

[quote name='SunDevil77']I'll check my local store tomorrow for ya[/QUOTE]

Forgot to mention id like the 360 version. I have another cag member looking for me too. Thanks guys

No store that is close by has it but worth a few trips 10 miles out. Well, looks like I got some hunting to do tomorrow. Haven't had a Gamestop CE price drop hunt since the AC3 $38 sale. Only got 2 but well worth the hunt.

One question, are these dropped to used? Might use the birthday coupon to get another discount on top of this.

[quote name='Yigytugd']No store that is close by has it but worth a few trips 10 miles out. Well, looks like I got some hunting to do tomorrow. Haven't had a Gamestop CE price drop hunt since the AC3 $38 sale. Only got 2 but well worth the hunt.

One question, are these dropped to used? Might use the birthday coupon to get another discount on top of this.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't converted to used unfortunately.

[quote name='Gosha']Picked this up for PS3 mainly for the artbook. I plan on just straight up selling off the game.[/QUOTE]
The artbook is poor and quite thin.

[quote name='coopscohen']It wasn't converted to used unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

Oh well, still a great deal considering what it comes w/ and worth. Going to hit up 4 stores and call a bunch that are close by to see if they got any. Hopefully I can get at least one.

There are less 360 versions around where I live. I hope that I can get one. Too bad that the closest store takes a long time for me to get to it and the employees have no respect for holds.

I can't put it on hold. It may be a total waste of my time.

got one at my local store. they only had two left. my figures were minty!!

the staff that took the box down from the shelf was shocked that it rang up $19.99. hehe! they had 2 in stock and the staff was already eyeing the other one on the shelf. after ringing me up he said to me that he'll have to pick up the other one at closing.

Just want to let you guys know that the new version of the game, Razor's edge, is going to be released on the 360 soon. It includes more weapons, more characters, more stags, more unlockables, more content, refined combat system, and more.

The Wii U version went on sale a while ago to $30. I picked it up. If you're looking to pick up the game, I would wait. If you want to buy this just for the collector's items, go ahead.

[quote name='Autosaver']Just want to let you guys know that the new version of the game, Razor's edge, is going to be released on the 360 soon. It includes more weapons, more characters, more stags, more unlockables, more content, refined combat system, and more.

The Wii U version went on sale a while ago to $30. I picked it up. If you're looking to pick up the game, I would wait. If you want to buy this just for the collector's items, go ahead.[/QUOTE]

Yeah; it's basically the game NG3 should have been from the start. It got rid of a lot of the questionable choices, like the awful QTEs and bad guys begging for their lives (despite being unable to do anything but kill them).

Not sure if I'd consider it "as good" as previous games even with the adjustments, but it sure as hell sounds a lot better than the initial version.

[quote name='Autosaver']Just want to let you guys know that the new version of the game, Razor's edge, is going to be released on the 360 soon. It includes more weapons, more characters, more stags, more unlockables, more content, refined combat system, and more.

The Wii U version went on sale a while ago to $30. I picked it up. If you're looking to pick up the game, I would wait. If you want to buy this just for the collector's items, go ahead.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure most of us are getting this for the items and not so much the game.

Picked it up today. I would NOT buy it looking at it now. Not impressed at all. I do own tge gears halo reach helghast max payne assassins creed uncharted and dukenukem collectors edition and this one rates pretty low or at bottom of those.

Thats funny, I just came in here to post the opposite opinion.
I was pretty happy with all that this CE came with for $20. The statue looks great, I like looking through the book, I'll give the soundtrack a listen, and I'm looking forward to trying out the game.
I know it got terrible reviews, but I've never played a NG game before, so I don't have the opinions on the series that others may have.
I think this is a great deal for the price.

I heard some CE's of this game are missing the online pass in the game case. Just letting you guys know if you have to play online. Like in the video above there was no pass included in his PS3 copy. Don't know if this affects the Xbox version.

Just picked up the last one, im unboxing it now, The video games disc case has a gamestop sticker that says Gut on it. Whats it mean

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up a gutted, reassembled PS3 CE today. Had the guy make sure everything was in the box, which he did; however, he neglected to tell me that one of the swords had been broken off one of the figurines and lost. Thanks for the "new" item GameStop-style, going back to the store to return it tomorrow most likely.

[quote name='myjester2112']I payed $40 months ago thinking it was going to be out of stock everywhere, guess that wasn't the case.[/QUOTE]

I was just about to pull the trigger during that time but I suppose luckily I was broke

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I'm thinking about getting this. Which version is preferred in terms of better performance?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Lordd_G']360 is original development platform... not sure if there is a major difference though.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Thanks! I'll possibly check into it. I'm near a few GameStop's so if anyone wants one, I could ship it to you. I just don't know how much shipping would cost. PM if you're interested. It'll be shipping from the NY area if anyone was interested.[/QUOTE]

The 360 was not the lead platform. The PS3 was for NG3. All post Itagaki Team Ninja games used PS3 as lead platform because multiplatform games' outcome are always more equal if made for PS3 first and ported to 360. It's almost never pretty the other way around.

As for performance, the PS3 wins in visual (sharper, less washed colors, fewer screen tearing) and 360 wins in framerate with less slow down and better anti-aliasing. You pick your poison. ;)

[quote name='fortunado']Picked up a gutted, reassembled PS3 CE today. Had the guy make sure everything was in the box, which he did; however, he neglected to tell me that one of the swords had been broken off one of the figurines and lost. Thanks for the "new" item GameStop-style, going back to the store to return it tomorrow most likely.[/QUOTE]

Mine had the ninjas sword broken as well!

Picked up sealed copy for PS3 about an hour ago. Just opened it to check the statue and low and behold it's mint. No parts missing nor loose. For $20 it's not bad at all. Now to wait for Razor's Edge to drop to finally play NG3.

Just came back from running around town all day. Got 3 Ninja Gaiden 3 Collector's Edition for the PS3 for $60 + tax. End up buying 12 M.A.G.'s as well. Worth it to get a bunch of .99c cases.

These will be going in my closet. Might give it to my friend, he loves Ninja Gaiden, not 3 but Razor's Edge but he'll love the statue.

All in all, great deal and well worth the trips! Thanks!

[quote name='Yigytugd']Just came back from running around town all day. Got 3 Ninja Gaiden 3 Collector's Edition for the PS3 for $60 + tax. End up buying 12 M.A.G.'s as well. Worth it to get a bunch of .99c cases.

These will be going in my closet. Might give it to my friend, he loves Ninja Gaiden, not 3 but Razor's Edge but he'll love the statue.

All in all, great deal and well worth the trips! Thanks![/QUOTE]

You know whats better than buying 12 mags? asking gamestop for 12 cases...lol...theyre really chill about giving away cases/artwork etc but noone seems to ask.

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']You know whats better than buying 12 mags? asking gamestop for 12 cases...lol...theyre really chill about giving away cases/artwork etc but noone seems to ask.[/QUOTE]

Went to my local Gamestop to ask. He said he can't just give away cases unless there was an extra order made.

I do go to my usual stores and they tend to have a lot of 360 and DS cases, barely any PS3 ones.

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']You know whats better than buying 12 mags? asking gamestop for 12 cases...lol...theyre really chill about giving away cases/artwork etc but noone seems to ask.[/QUOTE]

Thats what I did, I needed a red case for ps3, and they gave me one!

[quote name='Yigytugd']Got 3 Ninja Gaiden 3 Collector's Edition[/QUOTE]
I pray to god I'm not in the same city as you. I need to hurry this weekend!

[quote name='TooPoor']I pray to god I'm not in the same city as you. I need to hurry this weekend![/QUOTE]

I made sure to get them at random places. A good 10 other stores had some left.

I got the last PS3 copy at the Fontana, CA, store. Box was sealed. It still had the $29.99 price tag. I had reserved it online for in-store pickup. The GS employee was surprised it rang up at $19.99. He told me if he had known that, he would have kept it himself. Still need to check if the statue is intact!!!

Picked up mine (PS3) yesterday. The statue is intact but there was no online pass. I sent out an email requesting one, but no reply.

Just picked up the last 360 one at the store nearest me. Like others, the sword was broken. However, for $20, I am ok with it. I took a picture of it assembled with the background for fun. I was pretty disappointed from the initial press; but knowing Itagaki is not behind it, I can't keep the same expectations as the first or second. I ttried out the DOA 5 demo code, but it did not recognize it. It expired on March 31st. Did anybody else have any luck with recent purchases?

[quote name='fortunado']Picked up a gutted, reassembled PS3 CE today. Had the guy make sure everything was in the box, which he did; however, he neglected to tell me that one of the swords had been broken off one of the figurines and lost. Thanks for the "new" item GameStop-style, going back to the store to return it tomorrow most likely.[/QUOTE]

fortunado, you just got slidecaged!

I'm curious, can I buy it, open it up before them, and if the figure is broken, return it right away?
Will they give you the look?

bread's done
Back