Ninja Turtles reboot

All we basically know about the film are the cast, some of the characters (aside from the biggies, Krang and the Channel 6 News Team will be kinda making appearences), and that the Foot Soldiers will have clear masks for some reason.

There was a leaked script a while back that had major changes (the Turtles were members of an alien species, Raph was the comic relief, Mikey fell in love with a female turtle warrior, Casey would be the main character, Shredder got a name change and his suit is literally his body, etc.) but it has been confirmed to be a rejected script.

This thing has gone through about 4 or 5 rewrites and was even completely shut down for a while, so I am even more worried about it.

But Nickelodeon/Paramount is still trying to sell toys. I doubt most people are even aware a film is being made.

Well. It doesn't look terrible which is worse cause it leaves me with a sliver of hope.

What does everyone think of how tall they are?

Meh, I wasn't impressed. I prefer the TMNT start out with a more localized, in-the-shadows-type threat. This makes it look like the Turtles are government agents specifically created or something, though that may just be the trailer ripping off Transformers and Avengers. Wouldn't surprise me if the Turtles become public knowledge by movie's end.

Also, the designs look worse each time I see them. I am actually wavering on seeing this.

Last edited by a moderator:
The toys are spot on. Why are they so dam tall? It feels like Bay wanted the alien screenplay, so after all the flak he said "Fine they will bee turtles, but fuck you guys they will look like Aliens!"

doesn't look bad. Not a fan of mickey's voice and  shredder isn't japanaese in this but whatevs I'll still watch

8xwhpFJ.gif

So torn...Shredder is a white dude??? And the turtles look...off. And where's Splinter? I feel like this is Transformers...but with Turtles, and I don't like that.

But the trailer did look interesting?

/conflicted/

from the trailer, it looks the movie will flop in the box office. unless megan fox alone is able to carry, and sell enough tickets for it be consider successful.

from the trailer, it looks the movie will flop in the box office. unless megan fox alone is able to carry, and sell enough tickets for it be consider successful.
A Kevin Hart and Ice Cube buddy cop movie is one of the top grossing films this year. Never underestimate the American movie going audience.

Actually, the real problem is that the movie looks too violent for kids. Maybe.

Cause ninja turtles are huge again and if you just get the kids buying the toys to go, it's going to be a huge hit.

I'm gonna have to watch the original movie this weekend again. It looks like they have a throwback to the original movie with April being saved in the train tunnels.

The current TMNT comic is really good (in my opinion), but this doesn't seem to be going in a good direction. White guy shredder. Gears of War turtles (make way for the Cole Train). Big explosions. I don't see how the turtles can be ninjas, it looks like they should be busting through walls Kool-Aid Man style

This poster is still one of the greatest things I have in my apartment.

mondo_tmnt_poster.jpg

When I read that the April O'Neal (Megan Fox) was a going to be a focal point for the movie, my enthusiasm for the film dropped dramatically.

Meh, I wasn't impressed. I prefer the TMNT start out with a more localized, in-the-shadows-type threat. This makes it look like the Turtles are government agents specifically created or something, though that may just be the trailer ripping off Transformers and Avengers. Wouldn't surprise me if the Turtles become public knowledge by movie's end.

Also, the designs look worse each time I see them. I am actually wavering on seeing this.
It looks like they might be incorporating some stuff from the original Mirage Studios run in regards to TCRI and not that bastardized Krang stuff from the cartoon.

Well, the Utroms/Kraang being responsible for the mutagen made a lot of sense in both the 2012 series and the 2K3 series. Hell, that was even the original backstory for the live action movies. Professor Perry was supposed to be a Utrom but the reveal itself was cut because the writers thought kids would confuse him with Krang and there wasn't enough room for a proper explanation. Though all the hints were left in the movie so Perry is probably still an Utrom.

When I read that the April O'Neal (Megan Fox) was a going to be a focal point for the movie, my enthusiasm for the film dropped dramatically.
yup this movie is more about her and shredder from what I've heard and the turtles are the secondary point of the movie...

It just looks like everything about this movie is going to be so over the top (which I guess IS the Michael Bay way). I mean, the turtles themselves look pretty huge...so to maintain believability that he could be a threat, Shredder has to be ridiculous. It's just way beyond the point of a "ninja putting on armor". He's like an Iron Man'ish mech warrior. I wouldn't be surprised to learn he can flly at this point, lol.

But hey...we do have to remember that the entire premise of the franchise is a few pet store turtles being turned into walking, talking crime fighters by coming into contact with "ooze". Nostalgia is nostalgia...but the story was never exactly plausible, haha.

I'm sure everyone has seen it by now, but figured I would update it here just in case.

First real look at the Shredder:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/18/this-is-what-shredder-looks-like-in-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles
From the picture a few months ago you could tell it was going to look pretty bad. Especially after how perfect (in my opinion) the current comic Shredder looks. The first movie was Shredder was pretty bad ass himself (even with that glowy sequinny shirt).

Current comic:

[attachment=5937:turtl.jpg]

The new one looks like a cross between Megatron and Edward Scissorhands.

New trailer. WARNING: Trailer spoils pretty much the entire plot of the movie halfway through.

http://youtu.be/dwXFsrp6WBs

I have to say, the plot actually seems like a good TMNT movie. But...those designs. Ugh.

Love the crack about the TMNT being aliens, though.

A bit too much going on with the Shredder's design. Sometimes less is more. I thought the first TMNT movie pretty much nailed Shredder.

With that said the trailer wasn't bad. It does look interesting.

bread's done
Back