Ninja Turtles reboot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMJPwRWaZBI

This (and the sequel) is the only TMNT live-action movie I acknowledge. This crap Bay is endorsing can go fuck itself.

I want a avocado, peanut butter and clam pizza.

And here's a special treat. Skip to 1:50 for the Weeaboo version of TMNT. it"s a beautiful train wreak that must be observed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGMfb60lc14

Last edited by a moderator:
What the hell was that?   Hmmm April's boobs aren't bigger in the anime version.....booo!!!

Anyways for some reason Don looks like he's a ghostbuster with all equipment.  I will check this movie out anyways.

Ah, the TMNT OAV. There were only 2 episodes, this one, and then another one where the Turtles, Shredder, Bebop, and Rocksteady all gained super armor like Saint Seiya or Ronin Warriors. The Shredder figure (with his silver tiger armor) was even released in the US.

Because there hasn't been enough mocking of the designs, the toys are out already.

Here are the base figures (why the hell are base figures so expensive nowadays?):

20140702_154408-1.jpg

20140702_154502-1.jpg

20140702_154544-1.jpg

20140702_154634-1.jpg

20140702_154722-1.jpg

I couldn't get a decent pic of it, but Shredder's eyes are tiny black dots. Off-center black dots.

Raph in Disguise is weird. He is not listed on the back of the box, yet TRU had no plain Raph figures.

And here are the bigger 12" versions:

20140702_154904-1.jpg

20140702_155041-1.jpg

20140702_155100-1.jpg

20140702_154659-1.jpg

The pics don't really show how cheap the paint jobs are.

Also, the newest DVD of the Nick TMNT series has some Movie Money for this flick, but it looks like it's for AMC Theaters only.

I am more interested in watching Into the Storm than this movie....  A recent tv spot showed the turtle van though! :)

I am really not sure about this version of the TMNT universe. It has some aspects that I am liking, but I just don't know if I can get into this. We'll see though, I may go see it in theaters to see how good or bad it really is. 

I lost all hope for this pretty much as soon as they cast Megan Fox as April O'Neil, if they think they have to hire famous, talentless eye candy to get people to see the movie than they must have no faith in it themselves.

Had no idea that Johnny Knoxville did the voice of Leo.

Reviews aren't all that great but still going to watch it. Transformers 4 had even worse reviews but I enjoyed it. It's better to go into this expecting nothing and end up being pleasantly surprised than to have any expectations and be disappointed. 

I'll end up seeing this on DVD when it comes out. Not really interested in seeing it in theaters anymore after the bad reviews. Much better to pay around $2 to rent it when it comes out. 

They had a free preview showing at my base and I took the family. I went in with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised. Unlike Transformers it didn't lumber on forever and the plot moved briskly. The action scenes were decent as well. It is definetly better than the 2nd and third movies and IMO on par with the first movie in the series. Everybody is talking about the turtles looks but Splinter looked even worse in my opinion.

I'm not seeing this one. I'm getting a very strong "Amazing Spider-Man" vibe from it. I smell lazy. I'd prefer camp and cheese to blatant lack of effort. I'll probably be taking the parents to go see Guardians of the Galaxy instead. Thank goodness I at least have that option.

Cinemassacre: Michelangelo's Pizza Taste Test: http://youtu.be/7hB2EjjUR8M

Not sure if anyone has seen that or not. Thought I would post it with the movie out. Some of them sound as bad as the movie seems like it will be. I'm holding out some hope that it's not bad.

Not sure if I want to see an early showing of it today or tomorrow.  Is it worth it to see it in 3d?  If not I'm just seeing it on the normal screen then.  The theater I plan to see it at doesn't have it in IMAX.

Not sure if I want to see an early showing of it today or tomorrow. Is it worth it to see it in 3d? If not I'm just seeing it on the normal screen then. The theater I plan to see it at doesn't have it in IMAX.
I really wish I could find a site out there that tracks and details every single scene from movies that contain 3d/IMAX scenes. No movie is 100% 3d or IMAX (unless it's a documentary). I read somewhere that it's more like 30% 3d of a 3d movie. Not worth it unless the director knows how to properly frame a 3d/IMAX movie (example Nolan for TDKR/Interstellar).

Just see it in 2-d... you get more detail and higher brightness on the picture.

If it's on the IMAX I usually try to see it on that.  I figure I'm not going to see it on that big of a screen again.  Same can be said for any screen, but it really comes down to the movie.  Giant robots, monster, Marvel, Nolan films, Ridley Scott, del Toro and James Cameron films all tend to be what I have to see in IMAX and wish that I could see most of them in just that because other than Avatar the 3d has seemed pointless.  Other movies in IMAX if I go see it then chances are that's how I will see it, but that's if I go see it.  What I listed is what gets me to say I'm seeing it in IMAX usually no matter what.  Now 3d unless it really uses it I can do without.  I'm thinking unless someone posts in the next few hours saying see this in 3d I'm just seeing the normal.  Even if this was in IMAX it would be a toss up if I saw it in IMAX or normal.  

Just came back from seeing it.  Not as bad as I thought as it was going to be.  Saw it in rpx 3d.  It was what I expected, bullets, and other stuff flying towards the screen for the 3d effect. 

what I didn't like is Shredder's mask and armor... It reminded me of the mask in Jason X.

The voices of the turtles and splinter were also not that great either.

Megan Fox as April was ok. 

A few nods to the cartoon of course...

Saw it yesterday.  I have to say it wasn't as bad as I expected.  I didn't hate it, but I also didn't like it.  I think in time it's a film that can grow on me.  I didn't like the voices of the turtles and Knoxville I thought was the worse.  That however is only because when I heard him talk all I heard at first was "I'm Johnny Knoxville and this is Jackass."  I think I saw the best acting from Megan Fox that I ever have.  She doesn't have the look of April I think, but I can live with it.  Rather have someone else, but I can like I said live with it.  When I first saw the pictures of Shredder I liked them.  When I saw the suit in the movie I hated it at first and thought it was too over the top.  Then it grew on me and I thought it worked.  It really showed that at the end when
he threw the blades at the turtles and they came back over and over again
.  I didn't mind the look of Splinter however I still hate the look of the turtles and I don't think I will ever like it.  I really hated the look when
they were shown as kids growing up in the sewer
.  Also I hated the back story they gave of April.  Speaking of her again I really hated it when
she was on the trampoline and the shot of her ass when the truck was going down the mountain.  Normally with it being Megan Fox I wouldn't mind as I do think she is attractive, but it felt like it was demeaning to the character of April O'Neil
.  I really did like the chemistry between the turtles, and if I forget about the turtles I grew up with it wasn't bad.  For a film it wasn't bad.  However some of the stuff I can't over look and even with that I think it still wasn't bad.  I just wish it was better and I think that's because I expected better.

Also another thing I didn't like was
Michelangelo never made his pizzas.  Just one pizza from Pizza Hut was in it and it wasn't anything strange.  Just 90 or 99 different types of cheese

Orange crush and pizza hut nice product placements. Will arnett fucking sucked in this movie why is a 45 year old guy hitting on a 28 chick pretty creepy. The turtles were cool but that was it. Knoxville was alright as leo

The nick series is so damn good. I thought about  that during the movie in the cartoon donnie was in love with april in this mikey was

Also another thing I didn't like was
Michelangelo never made his pizzas. Just one pizza from Pizza Hut was in it and it wasn't anything strange. Just 90 or 99 different types of cheese
Really that was your gripe with the movie? Mikey didn't make pizza? He only made like one on the show not sure how that is a gripe

Orange crush and pizza hut nice product placements. Will arnett fucking sucked in this movie why is a 45 year old guy hitting on a 28 chick pretty creepy. The turtles were cool but that was it. Knoxville was alright as leo
Cause that's Michael Bays life. Only the girls are 22

The nick series is so damn good. I thought about that during the movie in the cartoon donnie was in love with april in this mikey was
In the series from the late 80s to the mid 90s I thought it was Michelangelo that was in love with her. When they first met her I thought they all started a small fight over her. I'll have to see if I can't track down some of the DVD sets or if they can be legally watched online. I haven't watched them in years so I could be wrong on that one.

Really that was your gripe with the movie? Mikey didn't make pizza? He only made like one on the show not sure how that is a gripe
See my post before that for my other issues about the movie. Not sure what series you're referring to, but I remember him making more than one.

if you are going to compare it to the original turtles, then you are in for a big shell shocker buddy ;-P

I dunno if I like the whole connected to April as them being her pets.  For some reason I did not like Splinter's design, nor the fact that he just picks up a book and becomes a master and all wise. 

The tween turtles looked a bit creepy imo. 

It was nice to see the turtle van. 

I read somewhere about the heavy product placement...honestly it wasn't that bad.  I knew Pizza hut was going to be featured in the movie. 

I am glad the Pizza mentions weren't too over the top like the original movies. 

A little creepy that Mikey has a crush for April. 

The ending was meh... but over all it was ok.... I am surprised they made a lot of money over the weekend to go ahead and make a sequel.

I felt the same about it.  The product placement really didn't bother me other than the times when it just seemed like they were trying a little to much to sell the cell phones.  Them just seemed a bit much, but oh well at least people do use cell phones.  It could have been worse.  I'm really looking forward to a sequel, and hoping that it does get better when it comes to the things that really bothered me.

Ehh, saw this yesterday.

It was painful to sit through. I went in with the absolute lowest of expectations, so in theory it should have been impossible to walk out disappointed... but I was.

I liked the basic designs of the turtles ever since they were first shown off, all except for Mikey's weird lips. In the movie itself, though, they're just too damned big, and that is some awful CGI. They looked like some kind of weird Hulk boy band. Do they really need to have super strength and also be damn-near invincible?

Splinter was cool, didn't mind him... except for the fact that there was no mention whatsoever of Hamato Yoshi, and he learned his martial arts from a random book he found. And again, the CGI was absolutely terrible but Splinter seemed to be the worst looking digital character.

Shredder would have been great if he had any real backstory whatsoever. He seemed to be mindless muscle. Kirai was basically extra scenery with nothing much to do.

All in all, I can't help but think of it as a bad movie. I laughed a couple of times, and they got the personalities of the Turtles right - but seriously, that isn't a compliment because any hack could manage that. Leader. Rebel. Nerd. Comic relief. This is probably the best acting I've seen from Megan Fox, but it's still Megan Fox. There are much more talented actresses out there who could have nailed that role - although it wasn't particularly demanding in this movie. The action was okay, but the much-hyped truck/avalanche scene was fairly underwhelming. 

This is a series of movies I'll be happy to ignore, even as it will surely last for years and years based on its mindless entertainment value, much like those abysmal Resident Evil movies. I still have the comics, cartoons, games and older movies though, so all is well.

I finally saw it  because some friends wanted to. Like most I didn't really like it, but it wasn't quite as awful as I thought it would be.

I liked the few nods to the older stuff. Like the pizza dropping on Splinter's head.

Like most I had alot of them same complaints.

Turtles are all like little Mini-Hulks.

No backstory between Shredder and Splinter. There is always backstory between them. Either he is the pet of the guy slain by Shredder, is turned into a rat, reincarnated soul of someone killed by Shredder, etc.

Didn't like how Splinter read a book. Became a ninja master and taught the turtles and they all became super bad-asses from some cheesy self defense book that probably got thrown away.

It felt like Shredder and Splinter should have back story. Like maybe it was cut or changed. The way Shredder referred to him as the rat.

Why didn't they try to drain Splinter too?

Shredder looks like a mini-Megatron.

Too much April and she gets the final kick.

and finally. Michelangelo's erection joke when he first meets April.

bread's done
Back