Nintendo 3DS $99 with trade-in (DSL, DSi, DSi XL) and PUR Coupon (8/12 - 8/14)

wildnuts02

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Not too bad for a DS Lite or DSi trade-in. Given all threads on the 3DS price drop, I thought this needed its own thread.

EDIT:

If you're not a PUR member or don't have a coupon, the trade-in offers are tiered:
DSi XL: $99
DSi : $109
DSL: $119

this amounts to about + $10 trade-in

$99 for a 3DS?
It Must Be a PowerUp Rewards Pro™ Exclusive!

It's a mobile gamers dream! For a limited time, PowerUp Rewards Pro™ members can get a brand new 3DS for only $99* when you trade in your old DS Lite, DSi or DSi XL between Friday, August 12, and Sunday, August 14.

This hot deal requires a coupon, but we've got you covered! Look for the coupon Friday, August 12* in the Active Offers section of your PowerUp Rewards account. Simply log in, print your Pro members-only coupon, and get to your nearest GameStop store to take advantage of this offer.
Even if you don't own a DS system to trade, you can still take advantage of an awesome price drop! Upgrade the way you game to start playing in glorious 3D without 3D glasses. Get your 3DS for the low price of only $169.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
note to those thinking of getting a PUR card today.
I did that and i have no such coupon in my active rewards card and i signed up about 2 hours ago. Leads me to this that this coupon was sent prior to when i activated it and that moment only.

just realized my son lost the stylus...plus from above I'll probably need to clean the screen a bit just in case.

thanks again bsmalls :)

[quote name='elmetfano']note to those thinking of getting a PUR card today.
I did that and i have no such coupon in my active rewards card and i signed up about 2 hours ago. Leads me to this that this coupon was sent prior to when i activated it and that moment only.[/QUOTE]

me and another poster got ours in July and did not get one

Just got an aqua blue 3DS. I had tons of credit which I used to pay it off. From the looks of the receipt it looks like if you pay for items with trade in credit only, you don't have to pay tax. So I was able to save about $7 because of that. Just noticed this because usually with trade ins I usually am short a few dollars which I have to pay out of pocket.

Kind of ironic that I transferred credit for my preorder of the PS Vita to buy a 3DS lol!!! Hope that a similar deal is available for a PSP trade in towards a PS Vita when it comes out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went and picked mine up about an hour ago.
Coupon has already disappeared from my PUR account. They definitively only want one per person.
Also, for those who are get codes from someone else it MAY be tied to that member FYI.
Has anyone that has gotten a code from someone else actually redeemed it yet?
Before people start trading them and selling them we should find this out.

I want the poorest and most cheapassgamer to PM me as to why they should get the this coupon, and I will give it to them for free. Will decide winner at 6:00pm central.

I have a spare code if anyone wants to shoot me an offer on it. Not looking for much an xbox arcade game or something maybe? Rather someone use it then it go to waste.

[quote name='dchrisd']Does gamestop tax on the pre-coupon price ($169) or the price after coupon ($99).[/QUOTE]

since it is run up as trade in credit, then it will only be tax on the cash price.

Just called gamestop about the code and I was told that the codes are sent out randomly. Even though I've been a member for almost year they said that I wouldn't be receiving one. I really wanted in on this deal, randomly sending coupons doesn't seem fair if all the members are paying the same price. If anyone has an extra code they don't need please let me know I would appreciate it.

[quote name='incainca']I have one coupon available. Will trade for an Amazon giftcard. PM me[/QUOTE]

Can you even trade this coupon? Is it tied to your PUR account?

I have a code I was going to use but decided not to. If anyone wants it, send me a PM with an offer. Not looking for anything crazy, just a little PSN credit.

[quote name='sambadeamigo']Just called gamestop about the code and I was told that the codes are sent out randomly. Even though I've been a member for almost year they said that I wouldn't be receiving one. I really wanted in on this deal, randomly sending coupons doesn't seem fair if all the members are paying the same price. If anyone has an extra code they don't need please let me know I would appreciate it.[/QUOTE]

On the email they sent yesterday mentions something about receiving offers, invitations and exclusives targeted to the systems you own. Maybe you didnt get it because you dont have that you own a ds in your profile. Just an idea... I could be wrong.

I also got a coupon but do not want to use it. Anyone needing a code can PM me for trade. I'm looking for some xbl stuff if anyone wants to trade. shoot me a pm.

Went to trade in my DS Lite and even though the system was in excellent shape according to the associate my trade was rejected due to a minor hinge crack. Guess that is a sign I didn't need a 3DS.

Just got back from Target. $95 for a 3DS after $75 trade in on our DSi. Plus I didn't have to spend $15 extra to renew my PUR at GS for now.

[quote name='jaimefbh']On the email they sent yesterday mentions something about receiving offers, invitations and exclusives targeted to the systems you own. Maybe you didnt get it because you dont have that you own a ds in your profile. Just an idea... I could be wrong.[/QUOTE]

I doubled checked my account and I already had Nintendo DS checked so it can't be that. I guess they are sent randomly or they don't have their system setup right. Don't really know.

It looks like these may be tied to PUR accounts. I just called GameStop in San Carlos (Bay Area) and asked if anyone could use the code and he said as long as I was there with them. I really don't believe that but that is what I was told.

I've been a member for like 4 years now. My current subscription ends in November. It's BS that it's sent "randomly." Also, in LA, they charge tax whether you use credit or not. In San Diego, I think they don't (if I remember correctly). In any case, I'll be trying someone else's coupon tomorrow. Hope it works, otherwise I'll just get it off Amazon and sell the DS lite on ebay.

Just traded in my light blue dsi with the coupon for the aqua blue 3ds. Total came out to $108.87 w/tax. Going to give it to my little sis as a b-day present tomorrow. Overall I'm pretty happy.

[quote name='LordVila']Went to trade in my DS Lite and even though the system was in excellent shape according to the associate my trade was rejected due to a minor hinge crack. Guess that is a sign I didn't need a 3DS.[/QUOTE]

Is this hit or miss with GS employees or are they on the look out for this???

Anyone try to use the coupon with the original DS? Have a blue DS phat that I would like to use on the trade, but the coupon lists Lite, i, and XL.

Called a store but they didn't know.

[quote name='Gosha']I've been wondering with the 3DS eshop, can you use Wii points cards? I've seen articles like this...

http://botchweed.com/game-news/nintendo-3ds-eshop-requires-new-nintendo-points-card/

Which seem to prove otherwise.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, can't use the old point cards on the 3DS. The guys at Giantbomb also talked about that. I still had a few cards that i got on sale, so I just went ahead a used them on the Wii for some games (cave story, blaster master). I'm stilling saving some points for La Mulana and Motoheroz, assuming they ever get released.

[quote name='BuDdyLe']Is this hit or miss with GS employees or are they on the look out for this???[/QUOTE]

I decided to go 10 minutes down the road to another store and they accepted the trade without even looking at the DS screen. So it is YMMV. The first associate did say that if there was anything wrong with the system that they were supposed to refuse it.

[quote name='rbarba4']Anyone try to use the coupon with the original DS? Have a blue DS phat that I would like to use on the trade, but the coupon lists Lite, i, and XL.

Called a store but they didn't know.

Yeah, can't use the old point cards on the 3DS. The guys at Giantbomb also talked about that. I still had a few cards that i got on sale, so I just went ahead a used them on the Wii for some games (cave story, blaster master). I'm stilling saving some points for La Mulana and Motoheroz, assuming they ever get released.[/QUOTE]

I have a blue ds phat I wanna trade in too...i'll probably swing by tomorrow and see

[quote name='lllGurulll']Hell, target looks to be the better deal if your PUR membership is expired or you don't even have one.

$75 trade in value on DSi.
Free game with your purchase.[/QUOTE]

I just bought a 3ds from Target but didnt get a free game.

[quote name='Bazz']If anyone has an extra coupon I'd be interested in getting in on this deal please.[/QUOTE]

Same here, would really appreciate anyones spare coupon. Thanks in advance.

I have a coupon and I'm willing to work out something very cheap for it. PM me for details.

Traded in my DS Lite with coupon. Had like $180 in credit so nothing out of pocket. Snagged Zelda as well. Now to wait for Tales of The Abyss. :D

Thanks OP! Probably no way I would get $70 anywhere else for my DS Lite :)

[quote name='lllGurulll']man, you guys were not kidding about the battery life. damn it sucks.[/QUOTE]

the nyko one is 15 i think...there's another that doesn't require unscrewing the cover, though there's not as many reviews on that. Googling I found a 5800mah...catch is that its 100..dollars

bread's done
Back