Nintendo 3DS Deals - All Hardware & Launch Software Deals

LoveDragonDon

CAGiversary!
Welcome to the Nintendo 3DS Deal Wall! Below, find the latest 3DS deals. Use the tabs above and boxes below to browse online retailers and check inventory.

[IMG-R=5838]21830[/IMG-R]3DS Hardware Deals:
none

[IMG-R=5838]21829[/IMG-R]3DS Game Deals:
icontoysrus_r1.gif
Select 3DS games are 2 for $50 at Toys R Us

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Super Street Fighter IV with $10 credit at Walmart
iconwalmart_r3.gif
Super Monkey Ball with $10 credit at Walmart

Other links:
:3ds: Retail Demo Kiosks
:3ds: 3DS Metacritic Review Scores
:3ds: CAG 3DS Friend Code Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SKEETER']Hey, just wondering how you get giftcards for a discount?[/QUOTE]
i bought all of them from people on CAG. mainly through the game trading forum here. i always got the card sent to my home, bought from CAGs with decent feedback (or waited till i got the card in hand first before paying), and went to gamestop and combined each one to my main card asap (so they couldn't write the number down & buy something online after i'd already paid them).

over a year period. i paid roughly 80% of the value at most. having to pay tax @ GS sucks or i'd be getting the 3DS for 200$ at most (i'm used to shopping @ amazon w/ no tax/shipping). it added up to 215$ total out of pocket for 3DS which is 270$ after tax. i had 7$ left over, but no games interest me so the 3DS will probably sit in its box unopened until paper mario, a new zelda, or something good comes out (unless there is a shortage ;)).

hope that answers your question. btw, cardwoo.com is another giftcard buying place. i have yet to try any of those places, so not sure what the savings are, but if you're buying from the GS anyway, every little bit helps.

[quote name='twztid13']...over a year period. i paid roughly 80% of the value at most. having to pay tax @ GS sucks or i'd be getting the 3DS for 200$ at most (i'm used to shopping @ amazon w/ no tax/shipping). it added up to 215$ total out of pocket for 3DS which is 270$ after tax. i had 7$ left over, but no games interest me so the 3DS will probably sit in its box unopened until paper mario, a new zelda, or something good comes out (unless there is a shortage ;)).

hope that answers your question. btw, cardwoo.com is another giftcard buying place. i have yet to try any of those places, so not sure what the savings are, but if you're buying from the GS anyway, every little bit helps.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! This is good to know and can help me out a lot! I traded in my DSi and used GS 50% game trade-in bonus to rack up credit and paid my 3DS off in full. Since I used all credit it was TAX FREE. Amazon is not tax free in my state. I'd rather get it from a B&M store anyway in case there's any problems with the unit, I can exchange it at the store immediately instead of shipping and waiting.

I'm really torn about launch games. I'm leaning toward Ridge Racer because I like racing games, Ghost Recon looks like it might be alright, and then there's the $10 credit for Super Street Fighter IV... Then there's part of me that says to just hold onto my Amazon credit and wait till better games are coming out.

Make no mistake I'll still be getting the system I pre-ordered this Sunday but none of the launch games have sold me yet.

[quote name='oli821']Will 3DS's sellout upon release or should I be able to find one in a month or two w/o preordering?[/QUOTE]

Dunno, we dont have time machines. Though if anything, i think it'd be much harder to find once the games start coming in May than it would be to find now. (Not even sure how hard it'll be to find it now).

Though, Nintendo Consoles tend to be popular. (Considering the Wii and DS Lite for how hard they were to find)

[quote name='oli821']Will 3DS's sellout upon release or should I be able to find one in a month or two w/o preordering?[/QUOTE]

That's a tough call there. On the one hand, it's a new Nintendo console. Not just a marginal upgrade like the XL, but a whole new system. On the other hand, $249 is a hard pill for a lot of people to swallow, and may scare off a lot of interest.

So basically, who knows. I preordered just in case.

[quote name='sunghost']I'll pass on getting it at k-mart, I have a feeling that they won't allow any returns/exchanges if I open it and find out it has a dead pixel or something.[/QUOTE]I returned my DS Lite to K-Mart twice because of a dead L button and the "yellow screen" issue and they didn't give me any problems. Don't let it hold you back from what seems to be the best deal so far for the 3DS.:cool::cool::cool:

[quote name='BlueSwim']I returned my DS Lite to K-Mart twice because of the "yellow screen" issue and they didn't give me any problems. Don't let it hold you back from what seems to be the best deal so far for the 3DS.:cool::cool::cool:[/QUOTE]

I've returned my DS lite for a defective shoulder button at k-mart a few years ago, but I've had bad experiences recently with their customer service. I'd rather buy it at a store that I've had no problems exchanging video game hardware or related items at since I know I may have to exchange the 3DS multiple times due to defects. $25 isn't worth it for me to go through that again.

What I'm thinking is they'll try to BS me and say they don't allow returns for video games even though it's a video game system. I just don't want to worry about it.

I preordered mine at Gamestop and paid it off a month ago. Getting SSFIV for it.

I work for Target and I run the electronics department so I have to work the launch. Our preorders work this way: guest buys the preorder card and before the launch date our system tallies up the amount of preorders we have by color (the older non-color preference cards will be split between the two colors and are first come first serve). We hold the exact amount of preorders back and sell the rest to the general public. You have seven days to pick up your preordered hardware/copy using your preorder card as your ticket. Once we ring you up, you get a $5 gift card.

I know the $5 gift card is kinda lame, but at least you are guaranteed a system. Not to mention you get 5% off with a REDcard too. I'm still not sure how many preorders our store has, but I do know we received 32 systems total (20 black and 12 blue).

[quote name='FaintDeftone']I preordered mine at Gamestop and paid it off a month ago. Getting SSFIV for it.

I work for Target and I run the electronics department so I have to work the launch. Our preorders work this way: guest buys the preorder card and before the launch date our system tallies up the amount of preorders we have by color (the older non-color preference cards will be split between the two colors and are first come first serve). We hold the exact amount of preorders back and sell the rest to the general public. You have seven days to pick up your preordered hardware/copy using your preorder card as your ticket. Once we ring you up, you get a $5 gift card.

I know the $5 gift card is kinda lame, but at least you are guaranteed a system. Not to mention you get 5% off with a REDcard too. I'm still not sure how many preorders our store has, but I do know we received 32 systems total (20 black and 12 blue).[/QUOTE]

Is there a default color selected for the non-color preference cards? I bought one of those in january and also bought a card for cosmo black in case I didn't get the color I wanted.

[quote name='sunghost']Is there a default color selected for the non-color preference cards? I bought one of those in january and also bought a card for cosmo black in case I didn't get the color I wanted.[/QUOTE]

Like I said, the non-color preference cards are going to be split into the two colors. So if we have 6 preorders with the non-color preference cards, we will have three of them black and three of them blue. When you come to pick yours up, you can select which color you want until supplies last. So using our example, if you want blue and three other people already selected the three blue ones, you're stuck with a black one.

[quote name='FaintDeftone']Like I said, the non-color preference cards are going to be split into the two colors. So if we have 6 preorders with the non-color preference cards, we will have three of them black and three of them blue. When you come to pick yours up, you can select which color you want until supplies last. So using our example, if you want blue and three other people already selected the three blue ones, you're stuck with a black one.[/QUOTE]

Ah ok, I misunderstood you at first. That makes sense, thanks.

Im totally buying a 3ds at some point but probably not on launch day.
the launch lineup really sucks but i must admit the 3d effect is amazing. I got to try it out at the nintendo world store and i was blown away. :)

[quote name='confoosious']have the demo units hit best buy yet?[/QUOTE]
Yeah they have, my local bestbuy has a demo unit this past saturday for everybody to try, with a demo of pilot wings.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I'm really torn about launch games. I'm leaning toward Ridge Racer because I like racing games, Ghost Recon looks like it might be alright, and then there's the $10 credit for Super Street Fighter IV... Then there's part of me that says to just hold onto my Amazon credit and wait till better games are coming out.

Make no mistake I'll still be getting the system I pre-ordered this Sunday but none of the launch games have sold me yet.[/QUOTE]

I played Ridge Racer and it is pretty slick looking but didn't really wow me. I have also played SSFIV and it is by far the best of the launch titles IMO, especially with the extra features like streetpass, spotpass, etc. I haven't had a hands-on with Ghost Recon yet so I can't say. I also played most of the upcoming titles at PAX EAST and they are SWEET!

I dunnooooo, there are a few folks lined up outside one of my local Best Buy stores TODAY, yes THURSDAY, for the midnight release on 3/27!

[quote name='SKEETER']I dunnooooo, there are a few folks lined up outside one of my local Best Buy stores TODAY, yes THURSDAY, for the midnight release on 3/27![/QUOTE]

Sure, but there were people who camped out at my local Best Buy and Fry's for the PSP a couple days early and that sure didn't sell out. You can also still pre-order on all the major on-line retailers so I wouldn't be too worried about a sell-out.

Seems like Amazon and KMart have the best deals. I really wanted Gamestop to have a better deal so I could combine it with the $75 I would get for my DSi.

[quote name='terra-kun']Seems like Amazon and KMart have the best deals. I really wanted Gamestop to have a better deal so I could combine it with the $75 I would get for my DSi.[/QUOTE]

If you went to the PUR-only Nintendo 3DS demo on 3/20 (in select cities) they gave $90 for DSi and bonus 50% for game trade-in.

[quote name='TheNeck']Yeah they have, my local bestbuy has a demo unit this past saturday for everybody to try, with a demo of pilot wings.[/QUOTE]

Finally took a lunch today and was kind of impressed with the 3d effect. it is more of a depth than popping out, but kind of cool.

Didint bother me at all, so thats good.

Anyway I am really wondering how this will sell. I really see no hype for it...

[quote name='Snake2715']Finally took a lunch today and was kind of impressed with the 3d efect. it is more of a depth than popping out, but kind of cool.

Didint bother me at all, so thats good.

Anyway I am really wondering how this will sell. I really see no hype for it...[/QUOTE]

Just a warning to people trying to choose games for the 3DS, early reviews of SOME of the release titles are pretty dismal. From Gamespot:

Super Monkey Ball 3D - 5.0 (Mediocre)
Lego Star Wars III - The Clone Wars - 6.0 (Fair)
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3D - 5.5 (Mediocre)
Steel Diver - 4.5 (Poor)

These might be titles you want to avoid, sounds like they're pretty substandard. Check other sites of course and make your own decisions, but its better to avoid buying games just because this is something "new and innovative", and try to stick to the better games coming out.

[quote name='OldKai']Hmm, Gamespot. IGN gave Monkey Ball a 7.5, and Steel Diver a 7, Madden is the one that unsurprisingly blows.[/QUOTE]

ign usually gives higher scores for all their reviews, a score in the 7's is pretty bad for ign.

I was considering Bust a Move, but why get that when i could get a full priced game for half off. (Will probally buy it later). I heard Rayman sucked too (Was laggy, and kinda glitchy), and Nintendog's is meh.

Guess ill just settle for Ridge Racer if they have any copies left

Gawd the Amazon deal is unfreakingbelieveable! Damn it, I can't wait until Wednesday to get my 3ds, I need it SUNDAY! Grr!

[quote name='confoosious']Who gave those games such poor reviews?

You're not exactly unbiased.[/QUOTE]

If you read my post (I know its complicated), Gamespot gave those games the low reviews. I'd just rather not see a slew of mediocre games get high sales just because they are "release date" games, and people want SOMETHING to play on their new shiny toys. As for the 3DS, I do think it is a gimmick and not a big advancement in gaming hardware; but people will find out on their own whether it is worth it or not.

And by the way, you're not exactly unbiased either, are you? :oops:

Oh, and while I'm at it, here's a very thorough, well-written review of the 3DS hardware:

http://features.metacritic.com/features/2011/hardware-review-nintendo-3ds/

Anyone anxious to buy this system on day one should really read the review; there are plenty of issues that everyone should be aware of. And finally, there was a recent analysis that stated that Nintendo's cost of producing the 3DS is $101 per unit; makes the $250 price tag seem pretty high, considering the minimal costs ($15 more than a DSi).

[quote name='chimpmeister']And finally, there was a recent analysis that stated that Nintendo's cost of producing the 3DS is $101 per unit; makes the $250 price tag seem pretty high, considering the minimal costs ($15 more than a DSi).[/QUOTE]

That doesn't account for R&D, shipping costs, legal costs, retailers cuts, etc.. Sure Nintendo is still going to make a profit on each system sold, but it's going to be a far cry from the $149 difference.

[quote name='chimpmeister']I'd just rather not see a slew of mediocre games get high sales just because they are "release date" games, and people want SOMETHING to play on their new shiny toys. [/QUOTE]

Not to be That Guy, but: This could apply to pretty much every single system launch ever. Pretending this is something exclusive to the 3DS is kind of silly. Most system launches are filled with mediocre-at-best titles, and most system launch titles see great sales as a result of, well, being launch titles.

Unless you were accidentally trying to post this over at PatientDiscerningGamer.com. :p

I will say that people who like strategy RPGs or turn-based strategy games like Fire Emblem and Advance Wars should absolutely check out the videos and impressions of Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars. It's developed by Julian Gollop, aka the mastermind behind the legendary X-Com games (and Rebelstar Tactics, and a ton of other well-received tactical games), and Ubisoft is generally trying to bury it/let it ride on the franchise fame alone, but it looks like the best original title in the entire 3DS launch.

Can anyone confirm if Walmart is giving $100 for any type of DS model? Because I have an original and a Lite here. I really doubt it's for any model though. Someone said only DSi XL give $100 but who knows?

Unless I'm reading it wrong you have to wait TWO days after your 3DS ships for the 25 dollar credit towards a 3DS game? They want me to buy the system but wait to get the games? Brilliant.

The promotional credit will be applied to your Amazon.com account within 2 days after your Nintendo 3DS console ships. See Terms and Conditions Below.

Once you have received your promotional credit, make your selection from the games below and add to your cart. Your credit will be applied at check-out.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']It's WITHIN. I usually get it after an hour of two of the shipping confirmation email.[/QUOTE]

Please note, your promotional game credit will not be activated until after you receive your confirmation email. If you make a purchase from the selected items below before receiving a confirmation email detailing instructions, you will be charged full price for the item.

Even if you get your credit with an hour of shipping, you will still be getting your games later. Kinda weak imo.

Ok im kind of confused. i got an email from newegg saying the aqua blue and cosmo black 3ds are in stock! but they are charging shipping and require you to purchase it as a part of a bundle? yet they dont tell you what the bundle is?

[quote name='chimpmeister']If you read my post (I know its complicated), Gamespot gave those games the low reviews. I'd just rather not see a slew of mediocre games get high sales just because they are "release date" games, and people want SOMETHING to play on their new shiny toys. As for the 3DS, I do think it is a gimmick and not a big advancement in gaming hardware; but people will find out on their own whether it is worth it or not.

And by the way, you're not exactly unbiased either, are you? :oops:

Oh, and while I'm at it, here's a very thorough, well-written review of the 3DS hardware:

http://features.metacritic.com/features/2011/hardware-review-nintendo-3ds/

Anyone anxious to buy this system on day one should really read the review; there are plenty of issues that everyone should be aware of. And finally, there was a recent analysis that stated that Nintendo's cost of producing the 3DS is $101 per unit; makes the $250 price tag seem pretty high, considering the minimal costs ($15 more than a DSi).[/QUOTE]

I missed the gamestop part. No need to be an absolute dick about it.

By the way, I'm much more unbiased than you are. Because I'm not gonna buy every single game that comes out. Mainly cause I understand that not all launch titles are winners.

You, on the other hand, hate the 3DS so you're gonna find ALL the shitty reviews that come out about them.

I still don't understand this part: if you're not gonna get a 3DS, why are you in here bitching about the games for it?

I'm not gonna get a kindle so I'm not trolling kindle threads. You understand how that works?

GTFO already. Stupid trolls.

----

By the way, on the chance that you're gonna use the "ohh, i'm just trying to save people money!" bullshit excuse: go cram it with walnuts. We're not 12 year olds who don't know how to spend the money we have from shoveling snow all winter.

bread's done
Back