Nintendo 3DS Deals - All Hardware & Launch Software Deals

LoveDragonDon

CAGiversary!
Welcome to the Nintendo 3DS Deal Wall! Below, find the latest 3DS deals. Use the tabs above and boxes below to browse online retailers and check inventory.

[IMG-R=5838]21830[/IMG-R]3DS Hardware Deals:
none

[IMG-R=5838]21829[/IMG-R]3DS Game Deals:
icontoysrus_r1.gif
Select 3DS games are 2 for $50 at Toys R Us

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Super Street Fighter IV with $10 credit at Walmart
iconwalmart_r3.gif
Super Monkey Ball with $10 credit at Walmart

Other links:
:3ds: Retail Demo Kiosks
:3ds: 3DS Metacritic Review Scores
:3ds: CAG 3DS Friend Code Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
If MAP is a problem, I'm wondering why K-Mart can't just have a "secret deal". Maybe have a puzzle game or something on the kmartgamer blog and if you solve the puzzle you can have the 3DS deal e-mailed to you?

MAP is only the minimum price they're allowed to ADVERTISE, correct?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I never understood why people buy systems before games they want are released. Just wait. Sure, it might be hard to find around release but who cares? It's not going to be rare forever.[/QUOTE]

I know I'm going to get it now or in a few months so I might as well get it now and save myself the headache of hunting in case it does become hard to find. There won't be any bundles until Christmas at the earliest. Even the the bundle is going to be a game I don't want, they always are. So it just comes down to I might as well get it now and I'll be ready when the big games hit.

I've never had a DS of any version.

What does the 3DS do besides play 3DS and DS games?

Does the 3DS view 3D over the air tv programming, include web browser, how is the battery life of regular DS?

As a CA resident, I went through Amazon, because I saved $21.87 by not having to pay sales tax.

Also used my Student Prime for free 2-day shipping.

Yay!

[quote name='RySenkari']If MAP is a problem, I'm wondering why K-Mart can't just have a "secret deal". Maybe have a puzzle game or something on the kmartgamer blog and if you solve the puzzle you can have the 3DS deal e-mailed to you?

MAP is only the minimum price they're allowed to ADVERTISE, correct?[/QUOTE]
This is true, but often times the deals companies have on items (Gift Cards, rewards points, B1G1 sales, etc) are ones that the publisher or company behind the item getting the deal has helped fund in some way.
The profit on hardware is minimal at best, often times just a few dollars (or a loss) for the manufacturer or retailer.

If Kmart has a deal that's more than the MAP restriction, they are less likely to get a lot of buyers (beyond CAG/Twitter/the blog) and they are likely going to have to sell the system at a loss, as Nintendo won't be willing to help fund the deal in question.

Basically, it boils down to whether the retailer is willing to take a hit on the items sold. Since selling things at a loss is a bad idea in general, it's highly unlikely that Kmart is going to have a deal that Nintendo isn't funding in some way. ;)

[quote name='nixmahn']I've never had a DS of any version.

Does the 3DS view 3D over the air tv programming, include web browser, how is the battery life of regular DS?[/QUOTE]

It has a lot of apps built in and whatnot. It'll have Netflix, and they are implementing a 3D channel. Take it as you will, but I would be very surprised if Nintendo didn't come to some kind of agreement to incorporate 3D movies at some point or another. That'd be worth the $250 to me on its own right.

I'd love a 3D tv, but as it stands right now I just couldn't justify an extra $800 for it, at the time I bought my LED there were only a few 3D movies and no 3D games out yet. Plus, when I demoed one, it didn't seem like it was worth the extra price tag, by the time I get ready to upgrade again it'll be built in. I'm not a fan of having to wear the glasses.

[quote name='nixmahn']I've never had a DS of any version.

Does the 3DS view 3D over the air tv programming, include web browser, how is the battery life of regular DS?[/QUOTE]

It will stream Netflix eventually in 3D. I forgot how long battery life is, so maybe someone else can chime in. But just like the previous DS systems before it, the bread and butter is the games. That focus probably won't change much.

It would be hard for me to order something like a portable from an online site as past launches have suffered from stuck/dead pixel issues and I'd be pissed if I had to ship my new 3ds back for exchange instead of walking back into the store.

[quote name='180husher']Depends on your state, but most Gamestops won't charge tax if you use all trade-in credit to pay for the 3DS. Kids and I traded in a bunch of games with their last promos and we got enough credit for a 3DS and 3 games tax free.[/QUOTE]

Oh wow. well, I'm over in CA... and I think the last time I bought something with trade in credit they charged me tax... so I may have to ask them... and figure out what to trade in.

Just for reference (if anyone cares), I got to try out the 3DS at GDC and the 3D effect is truly excellent. I'm not sure what it adds to gameplay, but it is certainly cool and it does work well. I played both the Ocarina of Time remake and Kid Icarus, both of which employed 3D pretty well.

I've had my preorder locked in since the day Amazon opened them, getting to try the unit out only made me want it more. If Nintendo gets these into stores soon so people can test them, I'm sure these things will sell out. If they don't get demo units into stores, it'll only be a matter of time before word spreads and people start buying them out.

[quote name='mr_bungle']It has a lot of apps built in and whatnot. It'll have Netflix, and they are implementing a 3D channel. Take it as you will, but I would be very surprised if Nintendo didn't come to some kind of agreement to incorporate 3D movies at some point or another. That'd be worth the $250 to me on its own right.

I'd love a 3D tv, but as it stands right now I just couldn't justify an extra $800 for it, at the time I bought my LED there were only a few 3D movies and no 3D games out yet. Plus, when I demoed one, it didn't seem like it was worth the extra price tag, by the time I get ready to upgrade again it'll be built in. I'm not a fan of having to wear the glasses.[/QUOTE]

With the 3DS, glassless 3D tv's are probably not far behind and will probably get cheaper with time, anyone think the 3DS will hold until then and my PS3 getting some good 3D use?

[quote name='CreepinDeth']It will stream Netflix eventually in 3D. I forgot how long battery life is, so maybe someone else can chime in. But just like the previous DS systems before it, the bread and butter is the games. That focus probably won't change much.[/QUOTE]

Netflix won't be in 3D.

While playing 3DS games, battery life comes out to 3.5 hours. Forgot how much with regular DS games, but it was much higher than that.

Not rushing out to buy this. The launch line up looks pretty awful.

Amazon is getting my preorder as well. I save $20 on tax with them, plus I got $41 dollars in Amazon credit that I actually only spent $5 on:
-$20 Amazon GC from Living Social for $5
-$11 Viewpoints 11 reviews for $11 Amazon GC- free
-$10 Viewpoints 10 reviews for $10 Amazon GC- free.

Plus my birthday is in March so I will use Birthday money towards it :D

Ended up switching my Amazon pre-order to GameStop so I can get it on Sunday instead of the estimated Tuesday with 1-day shipping. Traded in my old DS Lite for $50 credit which is the same as Amazon and not a whole lot less than Craigslist/eBay without all the hassle.

Hoping that Kmart/Costco won't have a good deal/bundle now...

[quote name='Tardcore']What color is everyone getting, Aqua Blue or Cosmo Black?[/QUOTE]

Aqua Blue because shiny black shows fingerprints waaaay more than the blue color will.

That and I like blue.

The launch lineup looks crappy (most do) but I haven't had a DS in a year now so I want to play catch up and there's some good 3DS stuff I want to play on it in the future. I could just get a DSi XL but then I'll be paying somewhat less to not be able to play any 3DS games I'm interested in.

If a newer updated version comes out there will be deals to upgrade and I'm willing to take the loss on that. I went crazy with DSlite colors and switched out quite often. Perhaps a waste of money but I was really hot for the DS at the time.

If it costs $250 and ends up sucking in the long run oh well. It can chill with my Wii. I like Nintendo handhelds so I'll give it a shot. ;)

Why can't they put the whole N64 library on the 3DS? (which they probably will do)

N64 was when they started the whole polygon thing for Nintendo anyways.

Great classics that would be good and HD on a tiny screen in 3D.

I'm on the fence if I'm actually going to get a game with this. I will probably end up doing it, I love Super Street Fighter IV, I mean it's my favorite fighter this gen or last.

But why would I get it for 3DS when I have the superior 360 version? Also, I'm pretty harsh on the pad when I play, I don't wanna beat up the control buttons on it.

[quote name='mr_bungle']I'm on the fence if I'm actually going to get a game with this. I will probably end up doing it, I love Super Street Fighter IV, I mean it's my favorite fighter this gen or last.

But why would I get it for 3DS when I have the superior 360 version? Also, I'm pretty harsh on the pad when I play, I don't wanna beat up the control buttons on it.[/QUOTE]

I feel the same was about the 3DE. I think I am more tempted to get Dead or Alive since it is more suited for a 4 button set up.

[quote name='180husher']Depends on your state, but most Gamestops won't charge tax if you use all trade-in credit to pay for the 3DS. Kids and I traded in a bunch of games with their last promos and we got enough credit for a 3DS and 3 games tax free.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I got charged no tax at all and fully paid for it and 3 games. They just told me to come pick it up.

[quote name='BackInBlack']I feel the same was about the 3DE. I think I am more tempted to get Dead or Alive since it is more suited for a 4 button set up.[/QUOTE]

Me too, also I don't have DoA4 anymore. And seeing my boy Ryu Hayabusa in 3D will just be great:applause:

Stop saying Amazon, you got me joining the team I can sell my text books for the quarter on their then pay for a 3ds tax free sounds good

[quote name='Game_Dude_3']Netflix won't be in 3D.
[/QUOTE]

Oh that's right. I got it mixed up with the movie trailers that will be.

I did pre-order though. I got the black one. Not a fan of the blue they choose. I prefer the cobalt of my DS lite.

nintendo states battery life is 3.5 - 5 hrs depending on how often you use the 3d effect.

i'm getting black. i got it from lamestop cuz i've been buying giftcards at a discount, so i'll pay about 190$ for it (after tax). not getting a game til later, though.

[quote name='Lord Alfred']It would be hard for me to order something like a portable from an online site as past launches have suffered from stuck/dead pixel issues and I'd be pissed if I had to ship my new 3ds back for exchange instead of walking back into the store.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly why I didn't preorder it online. With my luck I'll have to go through at least 3 exchanges due to stuck/dead pixels. No way I'm waiting over a month for exchanges.

I'd rather pay tax and have a hassle-free exchange process rather than not pay tax and have to wait much longer than I should have to.

[quote name='caltab']im gonna probably pick it up at target then, I got the target debit card that gives you 5% off of everything. I wonder how reliable their preorders are though and if they actually set yours aside.[/QUOTE]

Hey caltab. Have you used that card on electronic hardware/equipment yet and gotten the 5% off? If so, then that would pretty much negate the 8.75% sales tax I have to pay in California. This could be a potentially better deal than Amazon because you get a $5 giftcard, (almost) no sales tax, and you get the system on release day.

[quote name='Josef']Exactly what I was thinking. Target can suck on their $5 gift cards![/QUOTE]

You can all feel free to send them my way...

Exactly what is wrong with this country...everyone is so damn entitled. It's a FREE gift card. You don't deserve ANYTHING. Be thankful for once...

Eh im going to wait for a price drop and some hands on time with the 3ds.
then we will talk about buying it.
for now i will enjoy my psp and ds :)

[quote name='heyheyhey11']Damn NY gets a tax from amazon. So that's already 25 bucks worth of tax there[/QUOTE]
get it from Newegg, they don't tax NY and it's almost always free shipping

[quote name='twztid13']...i got it from lamestop cuz i've been buying giftcards at a discount...[/QUOTE]

Hey, just wondering how you get giftcards for a discount?

[quote name='Pureshooter']........dad?[/QUOTE]

LMAO..

classic..

and the five dollar gift card is targets speed.. Target sucks for deals, but I am surprised they even have a huge 5 dollar gift card on a system release that is and will be in high demand... People will buy from them w/ or w/out the gift card. They know that. On another note, the only thing I buy video game wise from the big T is clearance games... Other than that the 5 and 10 dollar gift cards on new game releases if given at all!, is poor.. And to say people don't deserve anything is off base when it is the job of retailers to get sales by 'inticing' buyers to buy the item from THEM instead of other retailers.. Target has not done a good job doing that compared to amazon, kmart, TRU, etc. Step in the shoes of a retailer-

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']LMAO..
ft card is targets speed.. Target sucks for deals.. The only thing I buy video game wise from the big T is clearance games... Other than that the 5 and 10 dollar gift cards on new game releases is poor.. And to say people don't deserve anything is off base when it is the job of retailers to get sales by 'inticing' buyers to buy the item from THEM instead of other retailers.. Target has not done a good job doing that compared to amazon, kmart, TRU, etc.[/QUOTE]

but the one thing target does have is the red debit card that gives you 5% off of everything in the store. it's totally free and I think anyone with a bank account can get one.

[quote name='nixmahn']Wait a minute, though the launch price was 350, when did they change it to 250? I am tempted now.[/QUOTE]

It's always been $250 in the US.

[quote name='ShirtSizeXXXLXT']get it from Newegg, they don't tax NY and it's almost always free shipping[/QUOTE]

newegg doesnt have it. i would order it right now.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Amazon still has the best deal. I ordered from gamestop because I lost 5 packages last year in the mail from Amazon and I don't want to lose a $250 3DS in the mail because my luck, it would happen.

Though that extra 2500 points at gamestop is basically like $2.50 because I think a $20 live or psn card is like 20k points.[/QUOTE]

wow, ive probably ordered from amazon close to a thousand times and have never lost a package...that seems really odd, where do you live?

Chicago just passed the amazon tax few days ago-i don't even know how that works out-tried reading about it but still don't have a clear idea how they think theyll collect the tax----anyone nice enough to let me know

havent bought anything from amazon in the last 2 weeks-but im thinking of buying this/portal 2 and a tv pretty soon.
looking at like $75 savings or taxes--common savings.

[quote name='youenvy']Chicago just passed the amazon tax few days ago-i don't even know how that works out-tried reading about it but still don't have a clear idea how they think theyll collect the tax----anyone nice enough to let me know[/QUOTE]

From what I've read Amazon will sidestep the new tax law by cutting their affiliate ties in the state.

The best deal is the Kmart deal; $25 off any 3DS game w/ purchase of a system. So I figure the $25 is for the tax I'd be saving if I bought it on Amazon and I don't have to wait for delivery.

[quote name='JAlbertL']The best deal is the Kmart deal; $25 off any 3DS game w/ purchase of a system. So I figure the $25 is for the tax I'd be saving if I bought it on Amazon and I don't have to wait for delivery.[/QUOTE]

I'll pass on getting it at k-mart, I have a feeling that they won't allow any returns/exchanges if I open it and find out it has a dead pixel or something.

i reserved mine at gamestop only cause i had a good chunk of credit. sadly i really only play rpgs and nothing is due til june/july with the remake of devil survivor. ill prolly just cancel the reserve and wait til i see how the hype goes.

bread's done
Back