Nintendo 3DS - General Discussion Thread

[quote name='SKEETER']Didn't those puzzles come with the last update? I think that's how I got mine.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but so far I've only had Pilotwings, and more recently Kid Icarus. I still need to find Rhythm Heaven Fever, Star Fox 64 3D, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3D Land.

Huh, I got MK7 and KI so far. So many more pieces! Still haven't finished the first batch. Ran into someone who had a bunch of puzzles I didn't have, but also had pink pieces. I got those instead of any new puzzles. So far, I've only finished the first Zelda puzzle, Metroid, and NSMB. Mario/Bowser is close. Another one too that I can't remember.

Stuck at the poison room on Find Mii 2. Know what I need, but haven't gotten two together yet. Picked up Shinobi for $19 last week. Not terrible, but not great either. Now, I'm waiting on KI: Uprising. 2 weeks!

[quote name='SKEETER']Well I got the CTA case today...ummm...no

This thing definitely does stop the wobble because it is WAY too tight! It has these inner prong things that marred the sides of my system. Also the hinges scraped against the corners of the 3DS and made a loud scratching sound when opening/closing.

The fact that the company actually had to make a youtube video on how to remove it should have been a red flag for me. It was a lot harder than was demonstrated and took me about 15 min until I had to get a plastic knife to use as a tool for leverage to get the damn thing off![/QUOTE]

that sucks. my CTA case works great, maybe your case was alittle heavier in the areas you had problems with or was unfortunately poorly constructed. bleh.

Original Puzzles (15 pieces each; From Left to Right)
- Metroid: Other M
- Mario and Bowser
- Super Mario Galaxy 2
- The Legend of Zelda
- Kirby's Dream Land
- Pikmin
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Newer Puzzles (From Left to Right)
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (24 pieces; Dec. '11)
- StarFox 64 3D (24 pieces; Dec. '11)
- Super Mario 3D Land (40 pieces; Dec. '11)
- Mario Kart 7 (40 pieces; Dec. '11)
- Rhythm Heaven Fever (24 pieces; Dec. '11)
- Donkey Kong Country Returns (24 pieces; Dec. '11)
- Pilotwings Resort (24 pieces; Dec. '11)
- Kid Icarus: Uprising (40 pieces; Feb. '12)

* 24-piece Puzzles have 4 Purple Pieces
* 40-piece Puzzles have 8 Purple Pieces

Someone should really consider putting a wiki together saying where certain Puzzles started from. I started with Pikmin and Pilotwings, personally, getting Metroid and NSMBW from Demo Units.

It's in the Mii Plaza, where you have Puzzle Swap and Find Mii/II.

You start with a piece from the original Puzzle Batch, and will get a piece from the new Puzzle Batch as well as one for Kid Icarus: Uprising, which I assume is only available for a limited time to promote the game. Newer Puzzles are bigger and have Purple Pieces that can only be gotten from Street Passes or when you get your first piece of the newest batch.

Puzzle Swap and Find Mii/II are probably the 3DS' Killer App, since it tries to reward you for taking the system everywhere you go.

I'm pretty sure that's the point. Since they can now offer Puzzles via Spot Pass (assuming they're going to be released in a promotional period only fashion) they will probably offer 1 new Puzzle every time a big 3DS game is coming out.

But I imagine once they release a Pokemon set there will be 2 Puzzles to get.

When the New Batch of Puzzles went out, everyone got 1 random piece of a random puzzle. Some people got a Purple Piece. It's basically like a Viral Achievement on Xbox Live. You have to get it from someone who got the piece directly, or from a stranger of a stranger...

Same goes with the Kid Icarus Puzzle.

[quote name='100xp']that sucks. my CTA case works great, maybe your case was alittle heavier in the areas you had problems with or was unfortunately poorly constructed. bleh.[/QUOTE]

I contacted CTA about it if they don't reply I'll just send it back. According to Amazon reviews there have been issues with this case and they had replace the cases with a revised version.

[quote name='KingBroly']Yeah, but so far I've only had Pilotwings, and more recently Kid Icarus. I still need to find Rhythm Heaven Fever, Star Fox 64 3D, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3D Land.[/QUOTE]

Wow, it's strange that some people still haven't received some puzzles. I got almost all of them from the update except Rhythm Heaven and Kid Icarus which I got from StreetPass and SpotPass respectively.

If we all go to PAX East we'd get/complete all puzzles in a matter of minutes (not to mention get special miis)! :bouncy:

[quote name='KingBroly']When the New Batch of Puzzles went out, everyone got 1 random piece of a random puzzle. Some people got a Purple Piece. It's basically like a Viral Achievement on Xbox Live. You have to get it from someone who got the piece directly, or from a stranger of a stranger...

Same goes with the Kid Icarus Puzzle.[/QUOTE]
Then I'll continue to ignore that and focus my time on finishing Find Mii and the sequel.

[quote name='KingBroly']
Puzzle Swap and Find Mii/II are probably the 3DS' Killer App, since it tries to reward you for taking the system everywhere you go.[/QUOTE]

It definitely has me using and remembering my 3DS more often than not. DQ9 on the DS had that effect when I'd go to obvious places that I'd find other DQ9 Street Pass people, and when I was in Japan they were all over the place. Nintendo was really smart to make it a main feature of the system.

I'd love to see them port DQ9 with some extra stuff and make the hotel passes part of the standard Street Pass...

If they ported DQ9 to 3DS, I would literally go to Japan just to get Street Passes for it.

EDIT: Went to a random Gamestop while on vacation and got a DKCR Puzzle Piece. Only 4 more to start.

EDIT 2: Went out to dinner, and got a Street Pass for Mario Kart 7 from someone, but didn't have Mii Plaza functionality. How IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KingBroly']Went out to dinner, and got a Street Pass for Mario Kart 7 from someone, but didn't have Mii Plaza functionality. How IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've gotten a couple hits like that. I've only gotten 1 MK7 hit where they had Mii Plaza enabled.

Psht, I don't need Angry Birds; I've already got Silly Bandz.

[quote name='KingBroly']EDIT 2: Went out to dinner, and got a Street Pass for Mario Kart 7 from someone, but didn't have Mii Plaza functionality. How IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?[/QUOTE]
If they don't set up the StreetPass for Mii Plaza, then no data will be sent to you.

i originaly didn't even want to like angry birds then I played it some and found it was pretty fun...but considering that you can download it for free, why would anyone want to pay for it? I carry my phone everywhere, play angry birds on my kindle, I don't see wanting to play it on a smaller screen now + paying for it.

if 3ds needs more games, there's hundreds of titles from the GBA library and earlier. I'll take dungeon dice, i'll even pay them $20 for it.

I use to love Angry Birds on iPhone, but I'm Angry Birds'd out. LOL. It's still a popular game, though. As far as paying for it, you always have had to pay for it on iOS, but that comes without ads. On Android and such the games are free, but have ads, or at least that's my understanding. I got enough enjoyment out of the game to more than justify the paltry cost of 99 cents, so I was fine with that. I wonder what they will charge for the 3DS version?

[quote name='ZombieToast']Psht, I don't need Angry Birds; I've already got Silly Bandz.

If they don't set up the StreetPass for Mii Plaza, then no data will be sent to you.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I know, but it's the system's best feature. Why not use it fully?

[quote name='crunchewy']I use to love Angry Birds on iPhone, but I'm Angry Birds'd out. LOL. It's still a popular game, though. As far as paying for it, you always have had to pay for it on iOS, but that comes without ads. On Android and such the games are free, but have ads, or at least that's my understanding. I got enough enjoyment out of the game to more than justify the paltry cost of 99 cents, so I was fine with that. I wonder what they will charge for the 3DS version?[/QUOTE]

the way to play an ad free Angry Birds is, don't connect to the internet. I turn off wifi on the kindle and there's no ads. bwahahaha.

Hmmm, notice those aren't for a DK Country 3DS, but for just plain DK. Wonder if it's a continuation of the Mario Vs. Donkey Kong style gameplay, more like DKC, or something new entirely?

[quote name='Zmonkay']Hmmm, notice those aren't for a DK Country 3DS, but for just plain DK. Wonder if it's a continuation of the Mario Vs. Donkey Kong style gameplay, more like DKC, or something new entirely?[/QUOTE]

There is diddy kong so probalby wont be the vs gameplay

Dynasty Warriors Vs. will have Link and Samus costumes in them.

Link from Skyward Sword
Heel Suit Samus from Other M

So...I guess I have to buy it then because I love Nintendo Cameos.

[quote name='KingBroly']Dynasty Warriors Vs. will have Link and Samus costumes in them.

Link from Skyward Sword
Heel Suit Samus from Other M

So...I guess I have to buy it then because I love Nintendo Cameos.[/QUOTE]

I probably would have gotten the game either way as I love Dynasty Warriors, but having a Link costume in it is just that much more of a reason to buy it!

I got my first pink piece today finally. The person only had 3 pink pieces from Ocarina of Time though. However I assume I'll be able to get them in short order.

I can't find Kid Icarus in the gold box deal. Do you have a link?

Also, I found Shadow Wars for under $9 new and with your recommendation, I couldn't pass it up.

I've got an order in at Amazon, and though I'm excited about the game... honestly, I'm only keeping the order because of the free 3D Classics Kid Icarus code. I would buy the 3D Classics one anyway, so I look at it as saving at least $6-7 off the 3DS game. Without the code, I guarantee I would've canceled by now.

If it were any other month, this would be a no-brainer, but the new releases have already financially destroyed me this month.

I've had KI (wow, now I wish it was the other KI series... ) preordered since Amazon put up the deal for the free 3D classics version. Excited to play it, but it's not really ZOMG I NEEDS DAT, if it didn't come with the free game.

[quote name='Zmonkay']I've had KI (wow, now I wish it was the other KI series... ) preordered since Amazon put up the deal for the free 3D classics version. Excited to play it, but it's not really ZOMG I NEEDS DAT, if it didn't come with the free game.[/QUOTE]

C-c-c-combo breaker?

[quote name='confoosious']seriously? nobody else is buying Kid Icarus?[/QUOTE]
I wasn't going to because it will be a while before I get around to playing it, but I've got a buttload of Amazon credit and that pre-order bonus is rather tempting...

[quote name='confoosious']seriously? nobody else is buying Kid Icarus?[/QUOTE]

I have mine pre-ordered at Nintendo World Store because they're giving the 3D classic code PLUS a free pack of AR cards with purchase :)

bread's done
Back