Nintendo DSi and DSi XL Out Now. "3DS" Showing at E3

[quote name='lilboo']So does anyone think they will let us transfer our shit over? :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Zero possibility of that happening.

Aside from 'this is Nintendo lol' I don't think the infrastructure is already in place on the back end to make this happen. E.g. I believe games are still individually tied to each machine a la Wii.

[quote name='dmunkee']Of course, Nintendo will have a lot of existing owners of every DS revision chomping at the bit to get their hands on this one too, just like the good 'ol gameboy years.[/QUOTE]

Hi all. My name is cochese and I have a Nintendo problem.

[quote name='Strell']I guess if you cut and paste, then sure. But if you read the whole thing, you're just mad because you were spouting dumbshit waaaaaaaay back when, I called you out on it, and then you stomped around like a baby, only to get a tiny hard on when - gasp! - one of my predictions was wrong. Because when you lost ten points but gained half of one, you'll hold onto it like a grasping monkey. And since you've always been poor at discussion, you'll ignore this and carry on. And then, in true shithead form, came back to waggle that little chub right in front of me in a pretentious, annoying manner.

So here you go - wow I was wrong! Whoopie! A piece of shit shovelware game came out DSi exclusive that no one will buy, everyone will ignore, and hardly stands to prove a single thing outside of shovelware's existence even on new exclusive platforms! Let the chorus of angels shower their lullabies upon the Earth! Meanwhile no real third parties give a shit because there's no audience, Nintendo themselves does anything beyond make vague comments, and the whole thing is a drop of water in a big ocean of void.

Go get in more little fights in the deal forums like you like to do. And hey. Come back in six months and relive your great glory! Next time I'll just ignore it and not fulfill your little dreams.

Thread can carry on. Sorry everyone for the babysitting.[/QUOTE]
You're full of shit and you're wrong for trying to make others look wrong when it was you who was completely off with their predictions and reasoning. You've been proven wrong by actual events that have occurred. You didn't call me on anything, everything you've said about me is what actually applies to you.

The type of software it is has no bearing on my prediction/reasoning, as I said that the first DSi specific games would start appearing the end of this year/the beginning of next year. It was you who said it would only be well known titles made by Nintendo that would be the first DSi specific games. You've been wrong more than just about anybody on CAG ever has and you've been the biggest hypocrite and biggest fake about it. :applause: I gave you a chance to redeem yourself but you just acted like a prick about it, so this is what it came to.

[quote name='lilboo']So does anyone think they will let us transfer our shit over? :whistle2:(

See this is what I hate about Nintendo. The DS to DSLite, imo, was an appropriate amount of time. Of course, quickly new colors come out. Then new colors. And more new colors. Then the DSi comes out..and quickly new colors..and now this? I mean I know having a certain "color" isn't a big deal, :lol:, but the reason why they have colors is so we can have the one that we want. Seeing the XL makes me want it...but if I buy it on launch.. 3 months later, a color that I want will come that I want.. :lol:

THEN another DS will come out. :wall: So do we just stop buying DS'?![/QUOTE]

These things used to really grind my gears too, but not so much now. For one the screen size increase will probably make regular DS games look horrible, and to a lesser extent the DSiware games might look a little less stellar(as far as I know they're not upping the resolution). Then there's the fact that DSlite has a GBA slot.

For me the DSlite is still awesome, and will tide me over until the inevitable DS2 release. These upgrades are very miniscule, and geared towards new users. While the concept of DSiware may be cool, ultimatley it lacks any killer aps.

No biggy. It's mostly hype in the works here.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='foltzie']I gave you a HDDVD Icon :hd:Star, what more do you want?[/QUOTE]

Why not throw some :dvd: in there too? It is backwards compatible, after all.

I'm probably down for the DSi XL once it hits the US. The biggest benefit might come from the touch screen being bigger and thus, more accurate.

I'm 30, maybe I fall into the 'old' demographic that Nintendo may be aiming for with this.

A slightly larger revision. Don't care.

Still got a dollar store quality camera and a DLC network I'll never buy anything for.

No, don't count on Nintendo letting you transfer your account over. At least not without paying them a hefty fee to do so.

And I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to ditch the cartridge slot last-minute and go DLC only like the PSP Go. True, Reggie himself said the DLC only model is stupid, but Reggie is known to be an incompetent mouthpiece. Game companies hate their customers so bad, you can expect to see more game consoles ditch physical copies just to crush the "evil" used game market.

[quote name='Diosoth']And I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to ditch the cartridge slot last-minute and go DLC only like the PSP Go. True, Reggie himself said the DLC only model is stupid, but Reggie is known to be an incompetent mouthpiece. Game companies hate their customers so bad, you can expect to see more game consoles ditch physical copies just to crush the "evil" used game market.[/QUOTE]

This is how I know you're an idiot. Nintendo is suddenly going to release a download-only system in three months when they have none of the architecture needed to support it and no games available that way, aside from a handful of DSiWare puzzle games? :roll:

I'm tempted to get the DSi XL just for the novelty factor. Especially since the only DS I own is a DS Lite with a replaced mod case.

As they say, bigger is better and I think that is the case with screens as well (At least up until a certain size for handhelds...).

A whopping 1.2 inches bigger then the DS Lite is a pretty nice difference. Sure they advertise it for seniors, but I think it's perfect for everybody else as well.

Would it make me go out and buy one? No, but it certainly would be awesome for those people with an old DS and want to upgrade to a newer and bigger one.

[quote name='Diosoth']Still got a dollar store quality camera and a DLC network I'll never buy anything for.[/QUOTE]
I would be tempted if they finally got around to putting at least the first-party GBC games on the DSi store, but otherwise the DSi is useless for me.

This is interesting, in Best Buy's Black Friday ad, they're advertising some DSi bundles for $169.99, that come pre-installed with some DSiWare titles.
http://www.siliconera.com/2009/11/1...ed-with-dsiware-games-coming-on-black-friday/

White DSi Brain Age Bundle
Brain Age Express: Arts & Letters
Brain Age Express: Sudoku
Brain Age Express: Math
Clubhouse Games Express: Card Classics
Photo Clock

Metallic Blue DSi Mario bundle
Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again!
WarioWare Snapped!
Dr. Mario Express
Mario Calculator
Mario Clock

[quote name='Cao Cao']This is interesting, in Best Buy's Black Friday ad, they're advertising some DSi bundles for $169.99, that come pre-installed with some DSiWare titles.
http://www.siliconera.com/2009/11/1...ed-with-dsiware-games-coming-on-black-friday/

White DSi Brain Age Bundle
Brain Age Express: Arts & Letters
Brain Age Express: Sudoku
Brain Age Express: Math
Clubhouse Games Express: Card Classics
Photo Clock

Metallic Blue DSi Mario bundle
Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again!
WarioWare Snapped!
Dr. Mario Express
Mario Calculator
Mario Clock[/QUOTE]

Wow, the Mario bundle is pretty sweet. Just the Dr. Mario alone is worth it to me.

Just got my DSi, and I love it. I certainly have no reason to upgrade at this point (or anytime soon). Wish i would have waited for the BF deal, though.

I want to get the Mario bundle but I'm not sure I want Metallic Blue. Though it won't matter since I don't have a means to get to Best Buy or GameStop (who also has the deal). Here's hoping Amazon has it.

I hope the DSi XL gets some bundles early on. After trying to play Zelda - Phantom Hourglass a couple days ago, I'm convinced that a bigger screen would improve the experience if only because my hand would block a smaller percentage of the screen. All respect to everyone here who managed to finish the game. I'm not completely put off at the moment but it was a bit distracting.

Nintendo put out an official press release for the Black Friday DSi bundles:
http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=105267
thumb_BF___Mario_BundleBox_3D.jpg

thumb_BF___BrainAge_BundleBox_3D.jpg

BLACK FRIDAY NINTENDO DSI BUNDLES COME LOADED WITH MORE THAN $20 IN SOFTWARE VALUE

Limited-Edition Bundles Include a New Color, Won't Last Long

REDMOND, Wash., Nov. 23, 2009 – Two extraordinary releases from Nintendo are about to give Black Friday holiday shoppers an incredible value – but they won't last long. Starting Nov. 27, U.S. consumers can purchase Metallic Blue or White Nintendo DSi™ systems that come pre-installed with more than $20 in software value. These Nintendo DSi bundles are priced for the holidays and will be available while supplies last at participating retailers nationwide.

“These limited-edition bundles come packed with some of the great Nintendo DSiWare games and applications that have made Nintendo DSi such a big hit with shoppers young and old,” said Cammie Dunaway, Nintendo of America's executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. “The special price and pre-installed titles make the bundles a huge value for the holidays.”

Fans of global gaming superstar Mario™ will be especially eager to get their hands on the Metallic Blue Nintendo DSi, which comes pre-installed with five Mario-themed Nintendo DSiWare™ titles, including:

* Mario vs. Donkey Kong™: Minis March Again: Can Mario and his Mini Marios rescue Pauline from Donkey Kong's clutches yet again?
* Dr. Mario™ Express: Mario once again dons his stethoscope to battle the forces of illness in this downloadable version of the classic puzzle game.
* WarioWare™: Snapped!: Wario™ returns with more manic action made especially for the Nintendo DSi system. WarioWare: Snapped! uses the built-in Nintendo DSi Camera to make players the star of the show by placing them right into fast-paced mini-games.
* Mario™ Calculator: Mario and Luigi™ take a break from their normal adventures to dedicate their heroic talents to working with numbers.
* Mario™ Clock: Mario Clock includes both analog and digital clocks that use the system's internal clock or allow you to offset the time however you like.

The White Nintendo DSi bundle is designed for anyone who has a passion for brain teasers. The special White system bundle comes pre-installed with the following Nintendo DSiWare title:

* Brain Age™ Express: Arts & Letters: Test your spelling in Word Attack, enjoy literary classics in Reading Aloud and tune your musical skills in Piano Player.
* Brain Age™ Express: Sudoku: Solve a variety of puzzles at three different skill levels using the touch screen and an intuitive interface.
* Brain Age™ Express: Math: Players can enjoy a mix of new and familiar exercises, including Change Maker, Triangle Math, Sum Totaled and Multi Tasker.
* Clubhouse Games™ Express: Card Classics: Play familiar favorites like Blackjack and Five Card Draw, or test your ability in the fast-paced Last Card, Last Card Plus and President.
* Photo Clock: Experience all the enjoyment of a photo album while ensuring you won't lose track of the time.

Beyond the pre-installed titles, Nintendo DSi owners also have access to a wealth of additional games and applications in the Nintendo DSi Shop. Owners with wireless broadband Internet access can exchange Nintendo DSi Points™ for the titles and wirelessly download them directly to their Nintendo DSi systems. A Nintendo Points Card™ can be purchased at retail locations, or Nintendo DSi Points can be purchased online directly through the Nintendo DSi Shop.

Nintendo DSi is the latest iteration of the world's top-selling portable game system. Its unique features include dual screens, a touch screen and wireless networking capabilities to let friends near or far play together. Two built-in cameras and audio-manipulation functions let users create customized content and share it with others. Through the end of September, total worldwide sales of the Nintendo DS and Nintendo DSi game systems have reached more than 113 million, according to Nintendo's financial statement. Of those, more than 33.4 million have sold in the United States through the end of September, according to the NPD Group.

For more information about Nintendo DSi, visit www.NintendoDSi.com.

About Nintendo: The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Wii™, Nintendo DS™ and Nintendo DSi™ systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold more than 3.2 billion video games and more than 535 million hardware units globally, including the current-generation Wii, Nintendo DS and Nintendo DSi, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™ and Nintendo GameCube™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names such as Mario™, Donkey Kong™, Metroid™, Zelda™ and Pokémon™. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo's operations in the Western Hemisphere. For more information about Nintendo, visit the company's Web site at www.Nintendo.com.

Yeah, I'm still on the fence. Only games I'd want are March of the Minis and Dr Mario Express. I don't know if it's worth it now since I don't need it until HGSS come out and I'd like to be able to choose what color I want.

i can't wait for that dsi xl to be released here. do you know how painful it is to play some of the ds games on the typical ds lite screen. try playing puzzle quest galactrix on that thing.

[quote name='62t']I hope amazon will have it for under $170. Too bad the clock and Calculator are basically useless[/QUOTE]
Both Target and Best Buy will have it for $170 + $20 gift card or so. So it would be very disappointing if amazon wouldn't at least match that.

I ordered the metallic blue one from Amazon for $154.xx. Hopefully it won't be cheaper than that Friday. I save $15 from not buying it at a store, as well as not having to pay tax. Works for me.

I ordered the Mario DSi bundle on GameStop's site. It's still verifying. Hopefully it's just slow b/c it's the weekend and they have a lot of orders to process.

I'm going to get the XL, I was really tempted to get the DSi, these seems like a foreseeable upgrade.

Nintendo put up an Iwata Asks for the DSi LL/XL, and it has some interesting information (translated by Andriasang):
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2009/12/15/dsi_ll_names/

- There were quite a few tentative names on the table during development: "DSi Comfort," "DSi Executive," "DSi Premium" and "DSi Living." Miyamoto wanted to name it the DSi Deka, deka meaning large in Japanese.
- Back in 2007, Nintendo was actually planning a large DS Lite with 3.8-inch screens. It was close to going into production, but the success of the Lite, along with the cost of the screens at the time, canceled those plans.
2132401439.jpg

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Quick question: Is the stylus the same for the DS Lite and DSi?[/QUOTE]

nope, they are different

I opened my Mario DSi bundle (most annoying box to open ever). The differences between the DS phat and DSi are astounding.

Anyone know of some good screen protectors for the DSi? I don't want it to get scratched up like my Phat did.

[quote name='icedrake523']I see some cheap Hori ones on eBay. I'll probably pick those up.[/QUOTE]

I wont go to ebay since they might be fake, go with a trusted site like play asia or amazon

[quote name='icedrake523']I already ordered some. They were from a US seller so hopefully they're legit.[/QUOTE]

Good luck. Most of the Hori screen protectors on Ebay are fakes. Even "U.S." sellers have fakes.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Quick question: Is the stylus the same for the DS Lite and DSi?[/QUOTE]

They are different, however they are designed such that the DSi can use and stow either and still sit flush.

I want a Japanese LL so damn bad. Damn it Hori, release some goddamn screen protectors and a silicon shell so I can buy it already.

edit: So it turns out Hori makes them and I'm just a jackass. Order placed. Yesssssssssss.

bread's done
Back