Nintendo E3 2010 Press Conference - 3DS, Kid Icarus, Zelda, DKC, Kirby!

I was very surprised by Nintendo. Zelda was weak starting off, but Metroid, Donkey Kong, Kirby, and Kid Icarus really wowed me. I think Nintendo far outdid MS this year. Still, it was weak on third party as usual, but then if you own a Wii you expect that.

[quote name='KingBroly']BTW, Paper Mario got confirmed for 3DS, as did Super Street Fighter IV.[/QUOTE]

Paper Mario on the 3DS? Where did you see that? That is the most awesomest thing ever! And so perfect for 3D too. I mean, it's paper, in 3D. If you don't get why that is so awesome, then you haven't played Paper Mario/Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door. I just hope that it's a new game and not just a 3D-ification of the original, great though it was.

Ranking for me from the conference:

#1 - Kid Icarus Uprising
#2 - Kirby's Epic Yarn (VERY close)
#3 - Metroid Other M
#4 - Disney Epic Mickey
#5 - Donkey Kong Country Returns

I want to see a better live demo of Zelda. Even Reggie said they weren't happy with it.

[quote name='Strell']
vuvureggie4.png
[/QUOTE]

:applause:

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Official Nintendo Press Kit does not mention Xenoblade or Last Story.

fuck.[/QUOTE]

This....

Any, looks like Nintendo will be getting some 3rd party support this coming year by bringing in KH and MGS. Resident Evil got a pretty big applause too.

I wasn't at all excited for the Nintendo 3DS before the conference, but now I'm sold. Kid Icarus looks great and it will have a ton of 3rd party support due to the success of all the iterations of the DS. I'm just waiting for a date and a price so I can preorder a blue one. :bouncy:

[quote name='iRent']This....

Any, looks like Nintendo will be getting some 3rd party support this coming year by bringing in KH and MGS. Resident Evil got a pretty big applause too.[/QUOTE]

Surely they are going to bring them over, they are huge titles with some serious production values backing them. Not to mention Xenoblade is actually doing pretty good in Japan (50K first day sales, which is good!).

Then again, we haven't heard if they are bringing over the second DS Fire Emblem title either, or even a mention of Pokemon Black and White. I'll remain optimistic for the time being lol :p

[quote name='elwood731']Still, it was weak on third party as usual, but then if you own a Wii you expect that.[/QUOTE]

Didn't like Goldeneye? Also, most third parties have their own conference/event. Nintendo had a ton to show off and limited time to do it in. Nintendo doesn't have to rely on third party presence at their own conference like MS does.

[quote name='javeryh']I think I'm getting old. I really look forward to a new Zelda and Metroid but that's about it. I'll reserve judgment on the 3DS until I see it in person - it sounds really cool but I don't think you can fully understand it without actually playing it. I hope they don't screw up Kid Icarus.[/QUOTE]
I'm in the same boat pretty much. Kirby and DK look interesting but I can't shake the feeling that neither is going to offer anything particularly new or exciting. I've only been holding onto my Wii for Zelda and DQX and it looks like that trend will continue. However, now that I have seen the 3DS in black I am overwhelmingly excited for it. The launch lineup looks good, not great, and I am a little worried that we won't see as much interesting software as is available on plain ol' DS.

To be fair, I'm not particularly wowed by MS' offerings or what SONY has been up to lately. We'll see.

[quote name='yukonrye']No. Based on what they've shown so far I agree. The graphics looked like the middle point between Wind Waker and Twilight Princess and were just OK, nothing thrilling. The play mechanics aren't what needed to be changed. It's the pacing and structure of the entire game that needs to be overhauled. I'm already guessing that the game is going to feel just like another Zelda but with tactical waggle and I am in no rush to play it.[/QUOTE]
I'm worried about this as well. I was not impressed with Twilight Princess, Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks. If this ends up feeling like 'just another Zelda' then I'm probably done with the series for a while.

Ranking for me from the conference:

#1 - Donkey Kong Country Returns
#2 - Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, The
#3 - Metroid: Other M
#4 - Kirby's Epic Yarn
#5 - Kid Icarus: Uprising

Notable games:

Epic Mickey
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
Paper Mario 3DS
Star Fox 3DS

I AM SO EXCITED FOR DONKEY KONG!

[quote name='crunchewy']Yes, yes, but no mention of a release date for the 3DS (nor price). I'm guessing that means it won't be until next year. Sigh.[/QUOTE]

Maybe they will launch it along side the new Pokemon games, even though they aren't specifically for the 3DS. Either way, the line up is absolutely sick.

Well I know what I am saving my money for next. The 3DS unless Sony releases the new PSP and it just blows my mind even more than Nintendo just did. Well done.

Great conference and showing by Nintendo today. I wasn't expecting much but I was expecting a better showing than Microsoft and they did just that. Old franchises are returning and new hardware was revealed. If you're a Nintendo fan, you couldn't really ask for much more. I was excited by may of the games and I know that I will be able to relive my childhood again in Winter of this year. Great job!

I wonder what happened with the Vitality Sensor. Also I want impressions on Kid Icarus yesterday. F that, I wanted them twenty years ago.

[quote name='Cao Cao']GAF user tiong_fi, or someone else, has downloaded all of the Nintendo Press stuff for the 3DS, and is uploading it. You can either download the zips or view it in the folders:
http://reformiklubi.fi/~mattu/[/QUOTE]

Thanks

2GB game cards at launch

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']Didn't like Goldeneye? Also, most third parties have their own conference/event. Nintendo had a ton to show off and limited time to do it in. Nintendo doesn't have to rely on third party presence at their own conference like MS does.[/QUOTE]

No, I didn't really. GoldenEye, really? Is this a straight port, remake, or what of the original? If it's anything but a straight port, then why get excited? We've already seen how a GoldenEye sequel flopped. If it's a straight port, then why are we all so excited? I'm happy to see it, but not overjoyed like some (and I loved it in its day).

As for not needing others, are you serious? Nintendo could have easily shown a 3-minute trailer highlighting some 3rd party games and been enough. They didn't. The only real 3rd party support to speak of was for the 3DS. Nintendo had a great show and addressed the issues from the last two years of not catering to the hardcore crowd, but they still fell short in 3rd party support.

My connection gave out during the Kid Icarus reveal. Watching it now and seeing him say "Sorry to keep you waiting?"

Holy shit. Holy shit. That's right the fuck up there with Starcraft 2's original trailer.

[quote name='javeryh']Too bad we couldn't get WW style graphics on the new Zelda. The "realistic" depiction kind of sucks.[/QUOTE]

I remember a time when everyone hated the WW style.

[quote name='shosh']I remember a time when everyone hated the WW style.[/QUOTE]

I still hate the Windwaker style. I don't mind cell shading but I felt that Windwaker used that art style horribly.

Is anyone going to get to actually look at the 3DS during the show to get impressions? The launch line-up looks awesome. Nintendo is really throwing there IP weight around like never before!!! Kid Icarus, Metroid, Kirby, Mario, Zelda, Pilotwings, etc.

It is just me or does Kirby: EPIC Yarn seem more like a DS/handheld game than a console game? Oh well, it looks super fun anyway.

[quote name='shosh']I remember a time when everyone hated the WW style.[/QUOTE]

So do I and all of those people are, and always have been, crazy as hell. The WW graphics (and art style) are still some of the best I've ever seen in a video game.

[quote name='crunchewy']Yes, yes, but no mention of a release date for the 3DS (nor price). I'm guessing that means it won't be until next year. Sigh.[/QUOTE]

Funny thing is by then the whole 3D thing will be a thing of the past ..

i still say we see a major hit to everything 3d within the next 2 to 3 years

it was a major fad back in the 80s and it will be the same now

Sad no price drops for any of the DS systems

was really hoping for a price cut.. some good games but nintendo let me down this year

so far 360 the big winner this year

I really like the Windwaker look. I also like the style of the DS games. Go figure.

Oh, and somebody please pinch me. I'm still giddy.

[quote name='slidecage']Funny thing is by then the whole 3D thing will be a thing of the past ..

i still say we see a major hit to everything 3d within the next 2 to 3 years

it was a major fad back in the 80s and it will be the same now

Sad no price drops for any of the DS systems

was really hoping for a price cut.. some good games but nintendo let me down this year

so far 360 the big winner this year[/QUOTE]

I still remember pressing select while playing Rad Racer

[quote name='javeryh']Too bad we couldn't get WW style graphics on the new Zelda. The "realistic" depiction kind of sucks.[/QUOTE]

OK, I just saw the trailer and got a good look at the graphics - I like them. WAY better than Twilight Princess.

[quote name='Pck21']. If you're a Nintendo fan, you couldn't really ask for much more![/QUOTE]

where the fuck is Pikmin 3????!!!!

Nintendo owned them hard. To me Nintendo was better than Microsoft and Sony combined. They finally listened and went after the hardcore gamers instead of making more casual crap.

I didn't watch MS, but Nintendo beat Sony hard. I'm looking forward to pretty much every game Nintendo showed, not to mention the 3DS.

I was waiting for Nintendo to screw up somehow, but even when they did during the Zelda demo, it wasn't too bad. Best conference by far.

I was honestly expecting Pikmin 3 and Zelda out of this E3... but Kirby, DK, and Kid Icarus fill the void that Pikmin 3 left.

DK looks phenominal.

[quote name='wwe101']i want them to remake goldeneye for 3ds!!!!!![/QUOTE]

That honestly would have made more sense than the Wii.

bread's done
Back