Nintendo E3 2011 Press Conference - Wii U, Luigi's Mansion 2, Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS

Hoping I can find some live updated text feed that's *not* on a game website (as those are blocked at work). Any suggestions? Any of the techy sites do that for E3?

My belief is that Nintendo will go hardcore with the new system, while MS goes casual. I think Nintendo did this on purpose to lure the others into the casual realm. But sony balanced it well, while MS blatantly went into the casual market this time.
I'm excited to see Nintendo come out swinging. Love to see it!

Nintendo will release toxic gas which causes the entire crowd to choke on their own melted innards as they vomit them up. Then a giant Mario robot will be released upon the public and will destroy L.A. in a fiery hell.

[quote name='Rig']Hoping I can find some live updated text feed that's *not* on a game website (as those are blocked at work). Any suggestions? Any of the techy sites do that for E3?[/QUOTE]

Follow the Twitter?

Is gametrailers doing their stream again today? G4 was fucking up last night and I don't want to miss a thing here because Nintendo can pull shit out of their hat any moment.

Seriously with Nintendo I am awaiting surprises, something I knew MS and Sony would not bring :lol:.

[quote name='Rig']Hoping I can find some live updated text feed that's *not* on a game website (as those are blocked at work). Any suggestions? Any of the techy sites do that for E3?[/QUOTE]

Engadegt?

[quote name='dothog']joystiq? they did sony, i checked from work last night.[/QUOTE]

Joystiq is filtered, so no go there. [quote name='EXStrike']Follow the Twitter?[/QUOTE]

Social sites are also filtered. I suppose I could keep checking via my phone; I was just hoping "Wired" or a site like that would be running a text feed. [quote name='Josh5890']Engadegt?[/QUOTE]

I can get there! If they are running a feed, that's great. Thanks!

[quote name='dothog']Yeah, I mentioned the Wii Music announcement at E3 in another thread, and a couple extremist fanboys showed up and started hurtful namecalling and accusing everyone of being turncoats, then a mod showed up and started editing/deleting posts, including mine, when all I did was talk about Wii Music. The lesson? You're either for Nintendo or you're agin em around here, I guess, and pointing out the embarrassment that is Wii Music falls under "agin em."

Leading with Wii Music 2 at E3 2011 would be the most hilarious and terrifying start I can possibly imagine. Just stick a bunch of dudes up on stage and have them mimic musical instruments with their wiimotes, and just after they've started out, you unfurl a banner behind them that reads "NOW WITH MOTIONPLUS CONTROL!" And then after that banner unfurls, you unfurl another banner that reads "AND SAXOPHONES!!!"

And then you pretty much watch the room clear out. Then you unfurl another banner that reads "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED." Then you waggle play the SMB theme on a marimba or some shit, whatever, I don't know how Wii Music works.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:
If they announce Wii Music 2 -- or something equally embarrassing --- I'm throwing my Wii in the trash.

Not to change subject, but I DID play Wii Music (gamefly rental) and the concept was neat. But a $50 game? If it was a $10 WiiWare, then I think most of us would have appreciated it better.

I REALLY WANT A NEW STAR FOX, PLEASE

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Is gametrailers doing their stream again today? G4 was fucking up last night and I don't want to miss a thing here because Nintendo can pull shit out of their hat any moment.

Seriously with Nintendo I am awaiting surprises, something I knew MS and Sony would not bring :lol:.[/QUOTE]

I used nowlive yesterday for Sony. It was good. I would either use them or Nintendo.

http://www.nowlive.com/nintendoe3pressconference

[quote name='lilboo']I REALLY WANT A NEW STAR FOX, PLEASE[/QUOTE]

THIS! For the love of God Nintendo, even if you don't present Project Cafe at all, I will love you if a new Star Fox game (like the 64 one) comes out for the Wii this fall.

Here are my long shot predictions but if anyone of these three happens, I will just about shit my pants...

New pilotwings based on new levels like 64 with a shit ton of new events.
Mother 3 localized
Startropics 3

Ok now since they have a .000000000000001% chance of happening, here is hoping for a new Star Fox game like the 64 version except for tons of cool levels.

[quote name='Rig'] Social sites are also filtered. I suppose I could keep checking via my phone; I was just hoping "Wired" or a site like that would be running a text feed.[/QUOTE]

If they don't, here you go bro:

Wired

The Nintendo stream requires me to enter my age. Does this mean the press conference will be filled with blood or perhaps naked chicks?

EDIT: and all I get is a black screen. IGN's seems to be working, though.

[quote name='crunchewy']The Nintendo stream requires me to enter my age. Does this mean the press conference will be filled with blood or perhaps naked chicks?[/QUOTE]

No, if you're too old, it kicks you off.

Yeah, the talking over is crazy. I mean translating is fine, but usually when they do that they lower the volume of the native speaker. This is pretty painful.

[quote name='confoosious']uhhh are they gonna announce Wii Music Zelda?[/QUOTE]
Yes. Anything to make money.

Just started to watch it... what did I miss the last 10 mins? I'm watching the introduction of Wii Music: Zelda :rofl: :cry:

Yeah the translating is pretty bad. Dont have Shiggy do the confrence if you cant pull it off.

And Christ its crazy that something as simple as these silly sound effects puts my whole body in tingle mode and brings my childhood rushing back. I know everyone else is excited about Skywards Swords but personally I am just hoping they show a 2D Zelda that looks like its worth a damn.

[quote name='lilboo']Just started to watch it... what did I miss the last 10 mins? I'm watching the introduction of Wii Music: Zelda :rofl: :cry:[/QUOTE]

Just a giant Zelda montage, very cool but hardly informative.

free fucking download? sweet. now to get 3 friends. :)

NOW GET TO THE WII2!!!

Bow and arrow in the wii motion sports style would be sweet.

I really don't think I can continue to listen to this. Somebody wake me up when they switch to either just talking in Japanese with no translation, or just in English.

EDIT: are there any streams that are doing closed captioning??

[quote name='lilboo']I'll take anything for free.
(except Wii Music)[/QUOTE]

I dont know, I have heard your pretty good at blowing instruments, real or not! HAH! Sorry couldnt help it boo!

[quote name='Purple Flames']I want that gold Wiimote.[/QUOTE]

everyone does. can you say gold wii w/ zelda to get last drops of money out of the wii 1?

goddammit, now i gotta register the thing before you people!

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Link's Awakening today
Free Zelda Download

Nintendo has already won for me 10 minutes in.[/QUOTE]

Free + $250, in my case.

[quote name='Rig']Golden Wii Remote...in for one.[/QUOTE]

You guys are why Nintendo never does anything new and focuses on crap so much nowdays. No offense I like you rig but Christ...really your going to hand them $20-40 over a gold spray paint?

bread's done
Back