Nintendo E3 2011 Press Conference - Wii U, Luigi's Mansion 2, Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I still don't believe they could price this down to $250 or even $300. That controller must be like $70+ alone and Nintendo never takes a loss on hardware.
[/QUOTE]

It's just a screen though. All the tech is in the console.

[quote name='Corvin']It's just a screen though. All the tech is in the console.[/QUOTE]

Good point, but it just seems with a Dual Shock retailing for $55 MSRP, and this having basically a Dual Shock with a Camera and a Touch Screen, it would bring in a pretty penny.

Then again I could be wrong, and I hope I am. I am just used to paying such a high price for touch screen based items.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Good point, but it just seems with a Dual Shock retailing for $55 MSRP, and this having basically a Dual Shock with a Camera and a Touch Screen, it would bring in a pretty penny.

Then again I could be wrong, and I hope I am. I am just used to paying such a high price for touch screen based items.[/QUOTE]

You could be right. But with the DS Lite selling for ~$99 you would expect less than that at the very least.

[quote name='KingBroly']Welp, time to buy some Nintendo stock.[/QUOTE]

hope you have a lot of money.

"That Nintendo isn't listed on the NYSE or Nasdaq is unfortunate, as is the case that typically to purchase its ordinary shares one must buy a minimum 100-share round lot that costs approximately $20,000 at current levels. Nintendo is well aware of both matters -- there are pros/cons concerning each. It doesn't help that there's a 1:8 ordinary-to-ADR ratio either. All of this only confuses or adds unnecessary confusion/complication for many investors."

source

bread's done
Back