Nintendo E3 2012 Week (CHAT IS UP)

Aye sir, it's good.

For what it's worth, I was quite disappointed with the announcement that BC wouldn't uprez games. Like you said, this probably means an HD remake here or there, and that will be an easy shutupandtakemymoney.jpeg move on Nintendo's part. Wind Waker in HD? Yes please, good god. Just playing Mario Galaxy with Dolphin-esque improvements is a nice thought (I don't have a PC that could handle that).

I'd settle for cheap(ish) digital distribution a la Jet Set Radio HD Remix type offerings, even though I prefer hard copies.

Nikkei Rumor:
- 3DS XL, possibly out worldwide this summer
- Wii U expected to cost 30,000 yen (meaning $300 for US)

[quote name='KingBroly']Nikkei Rumor:
- 3DS XL, possibly out worldwide this summer
- Wii U expected to cost 30,000 yen (meaning $300 for US)[/QUOTE]

At current conversion rates 30,000 would be more equivalent to $380, but the 25,000 yen price for the 3DS resulted in a $250 launch price for the 3DS.

I'm amazed that they don't do HD backwards comp. There are dolphin emulators that can run GC/Wii in 3D HD and Nintendo can't do that on Wii U system?

Announcing that will deffienaintly sell systems.

[quote name='nixmahn']I'm amazed that they don't do HD backwards comp. There are dolphin emulators that can run GC/Wii in 3D HD and Nintendo can't do that on Wii U system?

Announcing that will deffienaintly sell systems.[/QUOTE]

HD Remakes, duh.

EDIT: WHAT THE fuck?
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/30434

Tomorrow night at 9pm EDT, 3DS Conference.

Interesting structure, but I guess it fits with the earlier news that the presentation tomorrow will be almost entirely focused on Wii U.

[quote name='Javery']I could be talked into a new, bigger 3DS with the circle thingy built in.[/QUOTE]

but if it the price is 249.99 would you??

i think that is way overpriced

Wii down to 79 bucks Day 1 buy..
wii down to 99 I wait till thanksgiving gift card offers

[quote name='slidecage']but if it the price is 249.99 would you??[/QUOTE]

Definitely not at $249 but maybe at $200 assuming I could get around $100 for the trade-in on my 3DS. I can also wait until the price drops.

can see 2 things

3ds Xl to go against the vita at 249.99

or vita falls to 199 and both of them go head to head at 199.99

i think the xl was like what 30 or 40 more then the basic dsi ?

sucks i just got a used 3ds off ebay for 130 with Tales of the abyss/ world ends with you / Chrono trigger

then again i probally can get 40 for world and triggger easy (knocking it down to 90) and 20 for Abyss (knocking it to 70) :) and nice thing its still under nintendo warranty till June 2013

Also about trade in

gamestop just drop 3DS from 65 to 55 but that is to be expected with all of the ones they got for 100 each (what i though was good till today but expired yesterday :(

Ubisoft's conference was surprisingly awesome! Finally some Wii U footage but I hope the 8 games announced are not the only ones coming, I want the new splinter cell!

Rumor was that Wii was going down to $99.99 soon.

Also, the 3DS will never go over $199.99 again. I'm guessing this newer version, if true, will be $169.99.

[quote name='KingBroly']Rumor was that Wii was going down to $99.99 soon.

Also, the 3DS will never go over $199.99 again. I'm guessing this newer version, if true, will be $169.99.[/QUOTE]

yea the 3ds will never go over 199.99

they never said a 3ds XL couldnt :)

i still say if there is a XL it be 199 to 249 i mean noone will buy a 3ds for 170 when they could get a 3ds xl for 170

nintendo wouldnt shoot themself in the foot like that.

I can see this new price table

DSI 99
DSI XL 129
3ds 169
3ds XL 199

did they ever give a release date for the WII U ... heard the price will be like 400 that is freaking insane

I'm excited for the new 3DS, especially if it has dual analog. But i get the feeling that that won't happen since it seems like most games are being designed to be played without dual analogs.

[quote name='Javery']Thinking about Wind Waker in HD and 16x9 makes my pants tight.[/QUOTE]

Two words: Dolphin Emulator. You don't even need that powerful of a computer to run GC games in HD, though you won't get true 16:9 but still, it just looks so damn good.

with no vita price drop i dont even want to hear the words NEW 3DS cause knowing nintendo if Sony can have a 250 system nintendo can have a 250 system

Meaning the new 3ds will be 250

Over at NeoGAF, creamsugar, a usually reliable info leaker, pretty much confirmed that the 3DS XL is indeed in production:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=38520098&postcount=515

Looking through creamsugar's posting history, I noticed that he/she has been dropping semi-cryptic hints about the 3DS redesign over the past few weeks in different threads:
- The latest post, mentioning that it's in production
The new 3DS is in production, at least you could know in this way.
- A post in a thread titled "the 3DS needs a bigger screen"
You can wait till holiday season this year.
- A post in the thread "Time to get a 3DS?"
If you also want to play DS game, get 3DS now.
If you don't care about DS game, wait.

- A post in a 3DS redesign wishlist thread (As pointed out in the GAF thread, this could just be wishful thinking)
The new model:

Higher resolution
Bigger screen
TFT screen
Wider viewing angle
2 analog sticks
As big as DSi LL or Vita

Couldn't care less about losing DS support if it is true. I've got a pair of LL's kickin' it on my desk. A 3DS LL would be lovely as a WiiU is probably out of reach until after the holiday season for me.

If Nintendo doesn't load their conference with filler, I think they will take E3 this year especially having 3 separate conferences. They need to show games though. Games that cater to the traditional gamer.

After the disappointing E3s from the past couple of years, I think they will come through tomorrow.

If Scorch wants to put up a Link to the CAG Chat, I will gladly post a link to it in the OP and edit the thread title.

It sounds like Nintendo is going to announce a metric ton of games today for Wii U, and tomorrow for 3DS.

[quote name='KingBroly']DS games on 3DS look terrible, in any case.[/QUOTE]
Oh yeah. There's no reason to play a DS game on the 3DS, unless you really, really had to ditch the DS to get the 3DS.

What can I say? I'm not pissed off. I'm glad they're making the 3DS XL a rush delivery if the tipster is accurate. My rusty memory and math skills tell me this is a little bit faster than substantial handheld upgrades from Nintendo have been. But I could be wrong on that.

A little under three hours to go, gentlemen. Time for last minute predictions.

Chance of happening is 1%, but I'm saying it anyway - Nintendo is in some partnership with Valve to get Steamworks integrated into their online structure, and Retro is working with Valve directly on some project. Personally, I'd like to see Half Life 3000: Metroid Killer.

Failing this, Retro's project is either Metroid or some FPS game.

Zelda and F-Zero will be shown/announced for 3DS. NSMB2 will be highlighted as well.

No Smash Bros information at all.

Wii Sports-esque title will be shown as a proof of concept.

3DS XL will be revealed. Funny, bigger screens = more room for battery = may satisfy Iwata's "great idea solves many problems" theme.

Achievements in the form of Mii accessories.

I expect fun things, but nothing out of left field.

I want to make a few oddball game predictions..

Donkey Kong Country, either a new adventure or a re-release, on the 3DS.
Metroid 3DS
A Nintendogs-type game but with a ton of more animals (lions, tigers, (panda) bears (oh my))
Ubisoft shovelware on both the WiiU and 3DS
SSB mini-roster reveal, once again teasing fans by including Ness and Luke, and maybe another Earthbound character

in the never going to happen category:

SNES games coming to the Nintendo Shop (this may happen), starting with Super Mario RPG (this won't)

and my favorite yearly wish:

Mother double pack featuring Mother 2 (Earthbound) and an officially translated copy of Mother 3.

still waiting for all the bitching when its told that the 3ds xl will be 249

everyone who wants a 3dx xl how many will be willing to buy it at 249.

even 199 is sort of pushing it

Ds 2004
ds lite 2006
DSI hit nov 1 2008?
dsi xl hit nov 2009 ?

so nintendo hasnt put out a new hand held system in over 8 years

is the 3ds even powerful enough to hold a SNES game (large enough memory)

got to know that a new handheld is in the works for next year or the year beyond ... i mean name another system that you can play 2004 games on today (that is new)

First I was just quoting this:

[quote name='slidecage']
so nintendo hasnt put out a new hand held system in almost 10 years....[/quote]

But you edited the post to include this, which is even more quote worthy:

is the 3ds even powerful enough to hold a SNES game (large enough memory_

Christmas wasn't supposed to be for another 2.5 hours.

^^ What the heck is that?

I'm really looking forward to what Nintendo has today after yesterday.
Please please please have an XL model. I'll buy.

[quote name='KingBroly']I doubt we'll get much 3DS news during this Conference, that'll be saved for tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
Do you mean tonight? There's a second show right?
I've been betting on what creamsugar has posted for a while now, I want to see that.

[quote name='dallow']Do you mean tonight? There's a second show right?
I've been betting on what creamsugar has posted for a while now, I want to see that.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo conference this morning, 3DS software press conference tomorrow night.

everyone disappointed that no price drop on the playstation 3....the bigger news what noone is talking about

NO price drop on the WII

that was almost certain it would of happened with the WII U coming but nope

[quote name='slidecage']everyone disappointed that no price drop on the playstation 3....the bigger news what noone is talking about

NO price drop on the WII

that was almost certain it would of happened with the WII U coming but nope[/QUOTE]

Not sure why people are surprised about that. They were looking for a price drop on the PS3 last year, and it didn't happen until a few months later. If Sony's going to do it, it probably will be closer to the holidays. I would expect a similar thing with Nintendo, giving a price break closer to the release date of the WiiU.

[quote name='TheLongshot']Not sure why people are surprised about that. They were looking for a price drop on the PS3 last year, and it didn't happen until a few months later. If Sony's going to do it, it probably will be closer to the holidays. I would expect a similar thing with Nintendo, giving a price break closer to the release date of the WiiU.[/QUOTE]

i really dont expect price drops on the wii maybe major package deals ..

WII and 3 games for 4games for 150 to clear out all of the wii stock

just hope for a 3ds xl told today at 189 or less but i know it be 199 to 249 if told..i work 11 to 3 pm est today so got to wait till i get home for the news

[quote name='slidecage']still waiting for all the bitching when its told that the 3ds xl will be 249

everyone who wants a 3dx xl how many will be willing to buy it at 249.

even 199 is sort of pushing it

Ds 2004
ds lite 2006
DSI hit nov 1 2008?
dsi xl hit nov 2009 ?

so nintendo hasnt put out a new hand held system in over 8 years

is the 3ds even powerful enough to hold a SNES game (large enough memory)

got to know that a new handheld is in the works for next year or the year beyond ... i mean name another system that you can play 2004 games on today (that is new)[/QUOTE]

9884927.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Strell']First I was just quoting this:

But you edited the post to include this, which is even more quote worthy:

Christmas wasn't supposed to be for another 2.5 hours.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I'm a big fan. It's all gold.

Not related to the Nintendo conference, but this should still be interesting accessory for current 3DS owners. Nyko announced their own version of the Circle Pad Pro, the Power Grip Pro, with a built-in extended battery for the 3DS; sort of like a Nyko Power Pak with the extra buttons and analog stick. Looks note-worthy enough to keep an eye on, if they're able to pull it off.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/05/nyko-power-grip-pro-3ds/

pgp.jpg

[10:11 AM] guest-204963 entered the room.
[10:12 AM] guest-204963 changed nickname to theflicker
[10:12 AM] theflicker left the room.
[10:13 AM] guest-204984 entered the room.
[10:13 AM] guest-204984 changed nickname to josh58901
[10:17 AM] cagscorch left the room.
[10:24 AM] josh5890 left the room.
[10:25 AM] guest-205158 entered the room.
[10:32 AM] guest-205158 changed nickname to rig
[10:38 AM] guest-205305 entered the room.
[10:39 AM] guest-205314 entered the room.
[10:39 AM] guest-205314 changed nickname to saraab87
[10:39 AM] guest-205305 changed nickname to techstar25
[10:39 AM] guest-205320 entered the room.
[10:39 AM] guest-205320 changed nickname to yogabbagabba
[10:39 AM] guest-205329 entered the room.
[10:40 AM] guest-205329 changed nickname to newuser7956593
[10:40 AM] strellatwork: This whole chat is people leaving and coming back
[10:40 AM] newuser7956593: hi there. trying this again
[10:40 AM] saraab87: when does nintendo start
[10:40 AM] techstar25 left the room.
[10:40 AM] strellatwork: This isn't your mom, guys. In addition to entering and exiting, you can talk too

bread's done
Back