Nintendo E3 Conference Discussion - Controller Speaker - Always On - Yoshi's Island 2

Good presentation, but could have used another big title, announcement, or more virtual console/price/launch date info.

[quote name='Roufuss']Was Yoshi's Island 2 actually called Yoshi's Island 2? Joystiq just called it Yoshi 2, which could be anything.[/QUOTE]
It was called Yoshi's Island 2

[quote name='SpottedNigel']When a game supports it, yes. MP:Hunters has limited voice chat while not playing the game[/QUOTE]
But not in game?

[quote name='Namelessloser']It was called Yoshi's Island 2[/QUOTE]

Awesome... that's simply awesome.

If they make it as great as New Super Mario Bros... just wow.

Zelda - You'll start off learning how to play, not be thrown into the fire like the E3 demo.

Presenters having trouble aiming - They all had to look down at the floor to play, which isnt really the easist/best way to play

I wonder if they'll give a price after the xbox confrence, just incase MS drops thier console down later this year due to the PS3

[quote name='Strell']No one is saying anything about Project Hammer or Disaster? Those two made my pants fly the fuck off.[/QUOTE]

Disaster is my most anticipated title now.

[quote name='ECW_fan']Yes those 2 rocked, there is also a servival horror game they did not show but it is up at ign
http://revolution.ign.com/objects/816/816122.html[/QUOTE]

That reminds me. There was another survival horror game called Necro-navia or something like that. It was up for a few seconds and a bunch of bug monsters were crawling towards the player...

[quote name='sleepy180']im pretty sure beat agents is quendan renamed for america.[/quote]

I hope it's a completely revamped game as opposed to just a translated version of Ouendan. That way I can play a new game instead of the US version of a game I already have.

Nice presentation, but I really didn't learn anything amazing about the Wii that hadn't already been out there. I really wanted some info on price, release dates, and some info about Wii's online interface. I'm actually a lot more disappointed now thinking about this stuff as I'm typing not knowing too much about the system. Oh well, the games that were shown looked terrific with Zelda, Red Steel, Metroid 3, and Mario Galaxy looking awesome. And this is coming from someone that isn't a Nintendo fanboy, just an equal opportunity gamer.

[quote name='lebowsky']I wasn't blown away by Disaster as I'm positive the entire sequence was CGI.[/QUOTE]

I'm the same way. It was just a lot of fancy CGI with no gameplay. I'll admit that the concept of the game sounds interesting (based on the tiny bit of info we were given) but it's just not enough to get me excited yet.

[quote name='ECW_fan']Has any one heard any rumors about the disk size?[/QUOTE]

it uses dvds and gamecube discs, i think

Gamespot has hands-on articles up. They sound really excited about everything.

Based on what we played, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption is poised to fulfill the potential we saw in Tokyo last year. The basics of using the Wii controller were almost exactly what we wanted and worked well with the familiar Metroid control mechanics. The advanced ways to use the controller, such as the grapple beam were pretty slick and presented a lot of interesting possibilities. Look for more on Metroid Prime 3: Corruption soon.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Microsoft has to follow THAT up? Thats a new variety of being fucked.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I'm sure they're sitting behind the curtain with their Halo 3 trailer absolutely terrified.

I'm still skeptical but I am eager to try the controller to test out it's potential for FPS. The Mario game seems gimmicky and metroid prime has always been a mediocre game compared to the old metroids so I guess red steel is the game to try.

I really wish they would bring back Bushido blade either on the wii or any console for that matter.

[quote name='evilmax17']Reggie mentioned at the beginning that they were going to keep price/date a secret for a little longer, but that it would be cheaper than the rest, and we'll get it in Q4 2006. He mentioned that early on.[/QUOTE]

cheaper then the rest could mean as high as 350 bucks.

I say by sept nintendo will put out a press release

Due to chip shortage we sadly have to tell you this system has been pushed back to SUMMER 2007

I thought that presentation was absolutely amazing. The things you can do are, just, wow.

I have basically almost stopped playing/buying games within the last couple of years. The last game I bought before Fifa World Cup for the PS2 was Zelda for the GC. Thats a long while. What was said, about the Wii trying to reach ex-gamers, or gamers who lost interest is true--at least for me it is.

Is anyone else here really excited to try and play some of these games like I am? I mean even the tennis game looked extremely fun to play. Sonic, Mario Galaxy, this is great! :)

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']an automatic buy for me... PS3 is a must buy as well, but less of a guarantee if I'll have on on launch due to pricing.[/QUOTE]

same here. It seems every console has something worth buying for. I just hope the game support doesn't end up like the gamecube. So far for the gamecube the only real game I really thought was worth playing on the console was Smash Bros.

Anyone else find it interesting that we haven't really heard any news regarding the controller casings since last E3? I wonder if Nintendo still plans to release them. It seems like they may have been scrapped considering how people have become a lot more open to exclusively using the wii controller as it is, without any sort of attachment.

[quote name='SpottedNigel']
I wonder if they'll give a price after the xbox confrence, just incase MS drops thier console down later this year due to the PS3[/quote]

thats what i am thinking...if the egm report is true and it is $250, and msft goes and drops the cost of there systems, then a 360 could be the same or less then a $250 wii...that would ruin the argument I have been hearing for months about how an uninformed parent walks into store, see's 3 systems, and wii is a lot cheaper so they buy that for there kid.

I haven't seen the presentation yet,(stuck at work, need to wait for the boss to leave to DL it.) so I don't have any opinons. It is great they had some good trailers/demo's of games. But the fact they didn't talk about the virtual console, price or release date may hurt them. Yes they sounded better then sony's (I did watch that), but if the highlight was only games, msft can't do much worse. As I would imagine the majority of there press conference will be games as well. It would come down to what games you like to play. While I don't need a price, or an exact date, (the november statement is good enough for me) I would like to know more on the virtual console, the games available, the cost etc...If they had some major announcements on that, that imo could have killed msft chances of sneaking in. As excited as some nintendo only fans are about some of the games shown, there will be as many excited msft only fans to see gears of war, halo 3 etc...

[quote name='basketkase543']Anyone else find it interesting that we haven't really heard any news regarding the controller casings since last E3? I wonder if Nintendo still plans to release them. It seems like they may have been scrapped considering how people have become a lot more open to exclusively using the wii controller as it is, without any sort of attachment.[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing. Has Nintendo ever talked about the shells in concrete terms or just mentioned it could be done?

SOME informtion about the Virtual Console would have been nice. And by SOME, I mean anything.

Nintendo is freaking NUTS if im reading this right

Final fantasy 5 and 6 coming fall or winter. each will be its own cart and probally 29.99

Im sorry but im not going to pay 60 bucks for FF 5&6

hell FF 4 sort of sucked on the GBA

Just think of how awesome that controller speaker will be... I've got two words for you: LIGHT SABER.

Haven't really kept up with this thread, so maybe someone else already went there. But damn, the thought of swinging around a humming, WHOOSHing, vibrating light saber is too awesome for words!

[quote name='basketkase543']Anyone else find it interesting that we haven't really heard any news regarding the controller casings since last E3? I wonder if Nintendo still plans to release them. It seems like they may have been scrapped considering how people have become a lot more open to exclusively using the wii controller as it is, without any sort of attachment.[/QUOTE]
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/e3_2006/wii/img_con/photo_classic.jpg
That's apparently the normal controller casing. We'll probably hear more about the others as we get closer to the release date.

[quote name='lebowsky']I was thinking the same thing. Has Nintendo ever talked about the shells in concrete terms or just mentioned it could be done?[/QUOTE]

Last E3, IIRC, they said that the controller shells were in the works and that several styles would be released. No concrete details were given though. I really think that Nintendo is deciding to just scrap the idea altogether unless they are grouping up that info with the rest of Wii's features that still need divulging upon (price, date, online plan, etc.)

[quote name='BustaUppa']Just think of how awesome that controller speaker will be... I've got two words for you: LIGHT SABER.

Haven't really kept up with this thread, so maybe someone else already went there. But damn, the thought of swinging around a humming, WHOOSHing, vibrating light saber is too awesome for words![/quote]

The speaker in the controller is pretty sweet. I like the fact that it adds to the immersion factor of the games.

[quote name='Roufuss']Awesome... that's simply awesome.

If they make it as great as New Super Mario Bros... just wow.[/QUOTE]

It appeared to have dual screen spanning of the game. Kind of like Sonic did.

WOW seems like the

WII will be the first system release with a RPG on the first day...

dragon quest swords.

now lets all just hope it dont suck

[quote name='slidecage']Nintendo is freaking NUTS if im reading this right

Final fantasy 5 and 6 coming fall or winter. each will be its own cart and probally 29.99

Im sorry but im not going to pay 60 bucks for FF 5&6

hell FF 4 sort of sucked on the GBA[/QUOTE]
I'm guessing that would be more of a "Square-Enix is freaking NUTS" sort of thing than Nintendo.

And FF6 is going to be redone with new graphics and such, so it's not like they're direct ports(FF5 might, haven't read anything on it).

Great conference. The secret wasn't earth shattering, but I believe Nintendo is holding back still. I swear one big feature of Connect24 (Always on) will end being the ability to 'ring' a bud across the country when you want to challenge him to a game even if he's not at his system.

I think Nintendo is deliberately holding back on their games too. For a couple reasons. First trailers don't do them justice. They want attendees to actually play the games before reporting on them. Second, they really don't want the competition to copy them. Yeah Sony talking about you.

[quote name='basketkase543']Last E3, IIRC, they said that the controller shells were in the works and that several styles would be released. No concrete details were given though. I really think that Nintendo is deciding to just scrap the idea altogether unless they are grouping up that info with the rest of Wii's features that still need divulging upon (price, date, online plan, etc.)[/quote]
I would say that it isn't scrapped, if only for the VC. Nintendo has said that they want you to play your favorite games as you remember them, and that you shouldn't have to learn new control schemes for them.

photo_classic.jpg

bread's done
Back