Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
Forgive my ignorance but I'm woefully behind on the microSD card market. Are these good prices / quality products?
Ok price. Nothing special, average or better price often available. Poor reputation with Kingston storage.

I bought a 400gb sandisk 120r for $40 in Nov. off amz - been happy with that. There are so many baloney products and reviews out there for microsd products that I would just stick to a sandisk or samsung card from a reputable US seller.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Sanrio Animal Crossing amiibo cards are sold out everywhere around me now.
At least there seems to be no ill effects to spoofing amiibo cards in Animal Crossing :whistle2:

It's a real slap in the face to make the cards a Target in-store exclusive. Now watch this be the only time they print them.

At least there seems to be no ill effects to spoofing amiibo cards in Animal Crossing :whistle2:

It's a real slap in the face to make the cards a Target in-store exclusive. Now watch this be the only time they print them.
Yeah, I'm just looking on eBay today to get some seller's homemade Sanrio amiibos sticker/card things.

Question about Panzer Dragoon Remake (on sale for $6 and change).  On console eshop under the game's description it mentions 20% discount if you own one of a long list of games.  Does this 20% stack with the current  sale price?

Question about Panzer Dragoon Remake (on sale for $6 and change). On console eshop under the game's description it mentions 20% discount if you own one of a long list of games. Does this 20% stack with the current sale price?
No, the price you see is the price you're paying. Nothing stacks on the eShop.

you could just make your own. it's pretty easy
I appreciate you letting me know. I didn't realize how relatively easy it is to make your own amiibo.I looked into it, and decided I didn't want to mess with it, though. I like the randomness of which villager comes to my island. Didn't want to mess up that randomness by feeling like I needed to manipulate who comes to my island by having tools on hand. I can always just make several island trips and pick out of a few choices for my next villager.

Ended up just buying the set of 6 from an Etsy seller for about $11.20 after tax. They might just be NFC tags in an envelope, but I get the characters all the same.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/826336393/any-animal-crossing-sanrio-amiibo-card?ref=shop_home_active_3&crt=1

Ended up just buying the set of 6 from an Etsy seller for about $11.20 after tax. They might just be NFC tags in an envelope, but I get the characters all the same.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/826336393/any-animal-crossing-sanrio-amiibo-card?ref=shop_home_active_3&crt=1
For comparison, you can get 25 blank tags for around $10. Etsy sellers usually print nice labels on them at least.

Still better than buying from resellers on eBay. I was lucky to get a pack from Target, but otherwise I would have just made them myself (already have blank tags).

For comparison, you can get 25 blank tags for around $10. Etsy sellers usually print nice labels on them at least.

Still better than buying from resellers on eBay. I was lucky to get a pack from Target, but otherwise I would have just made them myself (already have blank tags).
Or get a powersaves from GameStop for $15. You can change the disk to whatever amiibo you want.

That sounds okay for one time use amiibo but a pain for ones you scan often
That's what I use. For animal crossing you have to scan a villager card 3 times over the course of 3 in-game days for them to move in. Changing the character on the chip every three days isn't too annoying. Plus, you only need one chip since you can write/erase it over and over.

For something like the Zelda amiibo in BOTW I opted for fan made cards of the entire set. Those can be scanned daily so they were a godsend.

That's what I use. For animal crossing you have to scan a villager card 3 times over the course of 3 in-game days for them to move in. Changing the character on the chip every three days isn't too annoying. Plus, you only need one chip since you can write/erase it over and over.

For something like the Zelda amiibo in BOTW I opted for fan made cards of the entire set. Those can be scanned daily so they were a godsend.
I just make my own nfc coins. Don't have to constantly write and rewrite anything.

Was able to PM Walmart through BB chat for my Monster Hunter Rise preorder. $50 for the game and steelbook doesn’t seem too bad. Pulled the link from CAG FB, selling out fast if you still want to PM, so act quickly - https://www.walmart.com/ip/MONSTER-HUNTER-RISE/279057488?irgwc=1&sourceid=imp_xNX0HETbxxyOW8bwUx0Mo3cmUkEXCbRhT3cRUY0&veh=aff&wmlspartner=imp_312361&clickid=xNX0HETbxxyOW8bwUx0Mo3cmUkEXCbRhT3cRUY0&sharedid=&affiliates_ad_id=612734&campaign_id=9383
Thank you for this! Bought it through ibotta for the $5 rebate, then asked Best Buy chat to price match it to $49.94. Is the steelbook only for pre-orders? I didn't see anything about that.

Thank you for this! Bought it through ibotta for the $5 rebate, then asked Best Buy chat to price match it to $49.94. Is the steelbook only for pre-orders? I didn't see anything about that.
Yep, I believe it was a pre-order exclusive along with some kind of small dlc content.

Uhh since when did the Argentina eshop start charging ~43% taxes on their digital purchases? Went over there to see if 3D was still up and adding anything to cart jacks the prices way up, apparently regardless of region. Sad times.

Edit: Looks like it is the result of some new 2021 tax law for the region. That's pretty unfortunate.

Uhh since when did the Argentina eshop start charging ~43% taxes on their digital purchases? Went over there to see if 3D was still up and adding anything to cart jacks the prices way up, apparently regardless of region. Sad times.
Interesting. Wonder if thats a foreigner tax?

Just a reminder, today is the last day to grab the Mario 3D All star collection, so if for some reason you haven't picked it up yet, today's the day.

if anybody posts about being able to buy a physical copy in april I WILL be reporting you to nintendo and YOU WILL spend the rest of your life in jail

nintendo jail?
0KdFXgx.gif

A few notable sales today, but I want to highlight that Atelier Ryza is $29.99 (and $36 for Digital Deluxe), which is the farthest it’s probably ever going to drop considering it’s a Koei Tecmo-published game.

I think the only other game of theirs to hit 50% off before this was one of the older Dynasty Warriors games on the shop.

A few notable sales today, but I want to highlight that Atelier Ryza is $29.99 (and $36 for Digital Deluxe), which is the farthest it’s probably ever going to drop considering it’s a Koei Tecmo-published game.

I think the only other game of theirs to hit 50% off before this was one of the older Dynasty Warriors games on the shop.
At least not digitally. Used to be physical wise you could pick them up for sub 25 at least. But now they seem to get limited prints and run out of stock pretty quickly.

thanks I went ahead and picked up the base game, I've heard that the physical game is impossible to get ahold of.

I just got my very first Switch yesterday so I'm new to the digital sales and whatnot. There seems to be a lot of good stuff on sale ending in a few hours so I guess my question is if these types of sales are normal. I don't want to go crazy and buy stuff I don't really need anyway but much less if this is all commonplace.

I just got my very first Switch yesterday so I'm new to the digital sales and whatnot. There seems to be a lot of good stuff on sale ending in a few hours so I guess my question is if these types of sales are normal. I don't want to go crazy and buy stuff I don't really need anyway but much less if this is all commonplace.
A lot of the sales are repeated, yes. Also, check out Deku Deals! :)

The only things I would consider impulse buying right away are Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and/or Super Mario 3d All Stars. They're removed after today.

You can look up individual titles on the site below to get a feel for price history.
https://eshop-prices.com/games?currency=USD

Finally got the Monster Hunter Switch I'd preordered with Gamestop today. They'd already emailed me that they were sending a $5 giftcard because of it not having even shipped on the release date that they said would be within 48-72 hours, which only just now came through.

Still waiting on Gamestop for the Monster Hunter Pro controller that I preordered the same day as the console, but got sent a $5 giftcard for that being late, too.

Finally got the Monster Hunter Switch I'd preordered with Gamestop today. They'd already emailed me that they were sending a $5 giftcard because of it not having even shipped on the release date that they said would be within 48-72 hours, which only just now came through.

Still waiting on Gamestop for the Monster Hunter Pro controller that I preordered the same day as the console, but got sent a $5 giftcard for that being late, too.
Oh is that why I got a random $5 coupon?? Man, I remember when they were a bit late with the RE7 CE and gave everyone who preordered $25 off. GS cheapin' out lol

I played an Atelier game once, Atelier Annie on DS. From my memory, it was like I had a time limit to get everything done. I didn't make the time limit, and I failed. The game had to be started over from the beginning? Is that how they all are? Do you get to keep things in the next playthrough, like a rogue-lite or something?

I didn't like that about the Atelier game, but I wasn't expecting it to be that way. I've always wondered why they're so popular, and I thought maybe I would try another one.

I played an Atelier game once, Atelier Annie on DS. From my memory, it was like I had a time limit to get everything done. I didn't make the time limit, and I failed. The game had to be started over from the beginning? Is that how they all are? Do you get to keep things in the next playthrough, like a rogue-lite or something?
I haven't played that one, but the more recent titles are pretty relaxed (no timer). Explore while gathering ingredients, fight some casual battles, craft stuff to advance story. Nothing highly novel or engaging but pretty pleasantly chill.

I've always wondered why they're so popular
Ryza's character design.

I didn't like that about the Atelier game, but I wasn't expecting it to be that way. I've always wondered why they're so popular, and I thought maybe I would try another one.
Most of them have time limits but they vary on severity. Some of the games are easier than others because of it.

The later games removed the time limits though. Ryza is one of those iirc.

As far as popularity the majority of them are niche games and the older ones and newest ones have had low prints and are difficult to obtain copies of. Ryza sold out but does frequently come trickling back in stock. Ryza sold the largest number of copies in the series breaking a million world wide from what I heard. Might be near the 1.5 mark by now with the restocked copies always selling out.

It's a shame as from atelier ayesha to atelier shallie the games had Large print runs and we're quickly restocked back when nisa was publishing and localizing them instead of tecmo koei. They also used to have english audio albeit sparingly.

The eShop is back to orange. looks weeeeeird.

Guess they did kill Mario.

EDIT: a Sega sale just went up. Mario’s dead and they’re dancing on his grave.

In for Giana Sisters at $6, missed it the last time it was on sale. I didn't learn about it until I asked about what to play after I finished the main story for Super Mario Odyssey (which I did last week).

Sophie didn't have a timer. The sequel, Firis, has a 1 year timer for one thing, but no timer after that. I think the Arland Plus versions have more lenient timers.

I haven't played that one, but the more recent titles are pretty relaxed (no timer). Explore while gathering ingredients, fight some casual battles, craft stuff to advance story. Nothing highly novel or engaging but pretty pleasantly chill.
Ryza's character design.
so atelier ryza isn't a game deep into combat/have boss battles?

bread's done
Back