Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
I am enjoying kirby so far. will still trade it in to gs on Sunday though

can't seem to get all the present codes to work. woder if i actually need to play the demo to use the demo codes
It does an online check before letting you enter them, so I don't know if that's to check for permissions from the demo or not. Also, make sure you're entering them in ALL CAPS since it's very picky about that.

Edit: Just got done entering all of the codes below the top three that I didn't already have, so here's the list from the Kirby wiki for those that want to enter them:

CLEARDEMO: 300 Star Coins

NEWADVENTURE: 300 Star Coins, 1 Rare Stone

FIRSTPASSWORD: 100 Star Coins

KIRBYSTORY: 300 Star Coins

KIRBYTHEGOURMET: 1 Rare Stone, 1 Car-Mouth Cake

THANKYOUMETAKNIGHT: 3 Rare Stones

MOUTHFULMODE: 100 Star Coins, 1 Car-Mouth Cake

KIRBYMICROSITE: 150 Star Coins, 1 Attack Boost

BRAWLINGCOLOSSEUM: 500 Star Coins, 1 Attack Boost

THANKYOUKIRBY: 1000 Star Coins, 1 Rare Stone

GAMENEWS: 1 Rare Stone

KIRBYNEWSDESK: 150 Star Coins, 1 Energy Drink

The code GAMESTOPCAN has been told to customers by GameStop employees, but it is known not to work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Frisky.

Playing a few hours of Kirby, game has ton of charm and is very enjoyable so far. Really loving the 3D environments.

Best deal on Kirby at the moment is Walmart with Kirby and the pop socket for $55.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/seort/425045496

Or, walk into GameStop and ask to price match Walmart or Amazon to save $5 and maybe get the pin set.
Best deal is using the Amazon pickup code (10OFFPICKUP) to get it for $45, if you have a locker location near you. You miss out on the pre-order bonuses from GameStop and Walmart, but I personally don't care for them

Best deal is using the Amazon pickup code (10OFFPICKUP) to get it for $45, if you have a locker location near you. You miss out on the pre-order bonuses from GameStop and Walmart, but I personally don't care for them
Yeah code doesn’t work for me. I think I used a similar offer last year.

It does an online check before letting you enter them, so I don't know if that's to check for permissions from the demo or not. Also, make sure you're entering them in ALL CAPS since it's very picky about that.

Edit: Just got done entering all of the codes below the top three that I didn't already have, so here's the list from the Kirby wiki for those that want to enter them:

CLEARDEMO: 300 Star Coins

NEWADVENTURE: 300 Star Coins, 1 Rare Stone

FIRSTPASSWORD: 100 Star Coins

KIRBYSTORY: 300 Star Coins

KIRBYTHEGOURMET: 1 Rare Stone, 1 Car-Mouth Cake

THANKYOUMETAKNIGHT: 3 Rare Stones

MOUTHFULMODE: 100 Star Coins, 1 Car-Mouth Cake

KIRBYMICROSITE: 150 Star Coins, 1 Attack Boost

BRAWLINGCOLOSSEUM: 500 Star Coins, 1 Attack Boost

THANKYOUKIRBY: 1000 Star Coins, 1 Rare Stone

GAMENEWS: 1 Rare Stone

KIRBYNEWSDESK: 150 Star Coins, 1 Energy Drink

The code GAMESTOPCAN has been told to customers by GameStop employees, but it is known not to work.
yeah, you have to play the demo before the demo codes work. I just went through the demo and was able to redeem the presents.

Never used a pick-up locker and the code still doesn't work for me. Oh well, was probably going to wait for $40 anyway.

There are some more big discounts on 3DS & Wii U games going on now:

3DS
Art of Balance Touch! - $1.99 - Ends 4/7
Fun! Fun! Minigolf Touch! - $1.99 - Ends 4/7
Jett Rocket II: The Wrath of Taikai - $1.99 - Ends 4/7
Nano Assault EX - $1.99 - Ends 4/7
Toki Tori 3D - $1.99 - Permanent Drop

Wii U
Art of Balance - $1.99 - Ends 4/7
Fast Racing Neo - $2.99 - Ends 4/7
Nano Assault Neo - $1.99 - Ends 4/7
Sword & Soldiers - $1.99 - Ends 4/8
Toki Tori - $1.99 - Permanent Drop
Toki Tori 2+ - $1.99 - Ends 4/8
Trine 2: Director's Cut - $4.99 - Ends 4/4
Trine Enchanted Edition - $3.74 - Ends 4/4

The Capcom sale ends in about five hours at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT.

I didn't have the space on my 2DS XL, so I was unable to buy the Resident Evil games on that system, but I was able to buy them both on the 2DS on my backup account.  Yet another confusing design decision of the 3DS store, but I will be sad to see it go. 

That Kirby bag is frightening. Looks like a bib or tanktop. Which might actually be really funny if the wearer had a bit of a belly.

Also one of those 100 platinum point missions for finding the 5 items is up on Kirby's website. Usually these are very easy, but for some reason I can't find a single one!

Nintendo said in February there was no delay expected so I guess something changed since then.
Are they gonna lean on Pokemon as their holiday title again or do they have an ace up their sleeve?

Nintendo said in February there was no delay expected so I guess something changed since then.
Are they gonna lean on Pokemon as their holiday title again or do they have an ace up their sleeve?
Mainline Pokemon IS the ace up their sleeve. The last mainline games sold more than anything since Red/Blue/Yellow, and even the low effort Diamond/Pearl remakes sold well

There is also Xenoblade 3, Bayonetta 2, Mario + Rabbids Spark of Hope, and Advance Wars for later in the year. Plus possibly Metroid Prime 4 (I doubt it) and any surprise second half games they announce. 2022 was already crowded which is why I always thought that BotW2 wouldn't come out in 2022

The pessimistic person in me thinks Nintendo saw all the amazing games that have been released or will be released this year and didn't want BOTW2 to be overshadowed but then again, I am sure there will be amazing games next year too(GOW2 and others) so that theory is likely debunked. This just gives me more time to catch up on my huge backlog and play BOTW master mode.

The optimistic person in me thinks Nintendo pushed it back to make room for ports of Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD, released together as a 2 pack.

Anyone ever play Steel Assault? On sale for $9, and it looked interesting.
It's on my wish list but my buy price is about $5. Looks great and I like the developer but it says it short arcade style game so I'm going to see if it goes cheaper.

Has anyone played SturmFront - The Mutant War?
I bought it for Vita since it was one of the last games released on the console and heard really good things about it just haven't had a chance to play it. Thinking about playing it after I finish Astro Aqua Kitty on Vita. For $2 I think it's worth it.

^They showed gameplay and just announced it for 2022 a few months ago. Not really that much of a stretch. Unless you meant Metroid Prime 4

Would it be crazy to expect another Mario game this year to coincide with the movie's release? We've pretty much gotten one every year so far. Even just lazy HD ports of the Wii's New Super Mario Bros or Mario Galaxy 2 wouldn't be too surprising. I can't imagine Nintendo wouldn't take advantage of the synergy and free marketing that will come alongside the inevitable massive success of the upcoming movie. I don't think Mario vs. Rabbids 2 counts, as that's basically a Ubisoft game and in a pretty niche genre.

Would it be crazy to expect another Mario game this year to coincide with the movie's release?
Plenty of time to announce something like that. December is still 9 months away. I would be we could see something like Odyssey 2 (or a remaster of Super Mario Galaxy 2) announced in the E3 timeframe.

Ripped this off from Slickdeals:

vipoutlet on Ebay has Refurbished Hori Nintendo Switch Split Pad Pro in red or black.

Make sure you clip the 15% off coupon SHOPTECH15 during checkout.

Red - $22.18 (30 available)

Black - $23.70 (67 available)

Supposedly A Grade - Fully functional product in "Like New/Very Good Condition"

I bought one to have as a backup in case my blue ones ever stop working. It has a controller-like feel and saves your joycons from wear and tear. No rumble or amiibo functionality, but it does have two assignable back buttons and a turbo function that you can program to repeatedly press a button on each side until you tell it to stop.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1509334972188045321

Also includes Special versions of Super Mario World and Super Punch Out.

Not sure where to post this anymore, been afk from CAG for a long while...but the SEGA Genesis controller is back in stock!

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/sega-genesis-control-pad/

Wow...guess I was late to posting and should've read beforehand...

If anyone is interested, I've written a script for monitoring the Nintendo store's stock...if there was interest, I could maybe tweak it around to auto-post somewhere to notify people?

I am so over these Nintendo Online Controllers. I have the SNES and NES controllers and I rarely use them since it is always more convenient to play games with the Pro controller.

I got an adapter to use my real N64 Controllers  with the Switch and I think that is the better option if I really want to be nostalgic and break out a classic controller.

bread's done
Back