Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
While that is probably the case, one can hope. Just think of all the money Nintendo could make if they put all their 3DS games on sale for 50% off before the 3DS eshop closes. All of these Altus and Sega games are top sellers right now on the 3DS eshop. It shows that if you put games on sale before the store closes people will buy them.
I'm partaking big time and I'd have to agree. It's the FOMO before the eShop closes. Only the late and those with no interest/money would sit it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm partaking big time and I'd have to agree. It's the FOMO before the eShop closes. Only the late and those with no interest/money would sit it out.
Or the dummies who buy every RPG and play like 1 out of 5 of them. Not naming those dummies, but I know at least 2. Now they can play the digital versions and sell the physical ones like a persona q2 limited edition bought purely for the plushie. I'm likely holding onto them, since the prices will likely keep going up especially when the deed is done for the shutting off of the eshop.

Or the dummies who buy every RPG and play like 1 out of 5 of them. Not naming those dummies, but I know at least 2. Now they can play the digital versions and sell the physical ones like a persona q2 limited edition bought purely for the plushie. I'm likely holding onto them, since the prices will likely keep going up especially when the deed is done for the shutting off of the eshop.
I'm one of those dummies! But I only play one game out of every five games that I buy in every genre on every system that I own! 8-[

Does anyone know if any of the Etrian Odyssey games have any replay value? I'm considering Etrian Odyssey V since it's the most expensive one to buy physically according to this Nintendo Life article, but I tend to not buy games that are a one-and-done.

https://www.nintendolife.com/features/10-3ds-retail-games-that-might-be-cheaper-to-buy-digitally-while-you-can

I'm one of those dummies! But I only play one game out of every five games that I buy in every genre on every system that I own! 8-[

Does anyone know if any of the Etrian Odyssey games have any replay value? I'm considering Etrian Odyssey V since it's the most expensive one to buy physically according to this Nintendo Life article, but I tend to not buy games that are a one-and-done.

https://www.nintendolife.com/features/10-3ds-retail-games-that-might-be-cheaper-to-buy-digitally-while-you-can
1 out of 5 seems great when i think of the percentage of games that i've actually played in my collection

I think part of the problem for me with buying too many RPGs is I think they look interesting, and want to play them for sure. But the fact is, I'll never be able to complete them.

RPGs I always see a lot of potential. Sometimes the stories get a little long winded, are just barely there, or don't make sense. Sometimes there are too many battles, too much padding (doesn't only apply to RPGs!), bad mechanics, etc... Just bigger time commitments, though I know it's worth playing through them. I just don't play through them like I used to anymore.

Also for the Etrian Odyssey question, I do feel they have some replay value for trying out different parties and all, but the story is barely there in all of them, and by the time I'm done with dungeon crawlers I shelve them forever haha. I love those games, but I don't feel the replay is as good, unless you really want to go with different classes. That's enough for some people in some games, but the backlog is real.

most likely i will never get around to opening fire emblem lol
In Mario rabbids, before entering each battlefield, you can press Y (IIRC) to replenish your teams health and basically turn on easy mode. I didn’t use it till the end of the game when I was starting to get burnt out and was sick of all the BS the enemies throw at you toward the end. Not sure if it messes with your score, but it was a nice feature to let me finish the game since I don’t want to sink 100hrs into it.

In Mario rabbids, before entering each battlefield, you can press Y (IIRC) to replenish your teams health and basically turn on easy mode. I didn’t use it till the end of the game when I was starting to get burnt out and was sick of all the BS the enemies throw at you toward the end. Not sure if it messes with your score, but it was a nice feature to let me finish the game since I don’t want to sink 100hrs into it.
yeah, i noticed that but it makes it way too easy. i just need to finish up the last few challenges as i've already gotten gold trophies on all the story missions. Some of the challenges took me awhile to figure out lol

yeah, i noticed that but it makes it way too easy. i just need to finish up the last few challenges as i've already gotten gold trophies on all the story missions. Some of the challenges took me awhile to figure out lol
Some of those long bonus missions at the end of the game are really fun. And I highly recommend the DK DLC. It makes you play the game in a very different way compared to the normal campaign, so it feels fresh and not like you're just playing more of the same

Edit: I also got 100% on the main game and the DLC in about 80 hours, and that was me taking my sweet time. Idk why people are throwing around 100+ hours lol

Some of those long bonus missions at the end of the game are really fun. And I highly recommend the DK DLC. It makes you play the game in a very different way compared to the normal campaign, so it feels fresh and not like you're just playing more of the same

Edit: I also got 100% on the main game and the DLC in about 80 hours, and that was me taking my sweet time. Idk why people are throwing around 100+ hours lol
i have a few more challenges before i start donkey kong

Had a surprise $5 Best Buy cert to burn and saw Miitopia on sale this week for $30. $25 seems like a good price for a quirky rpg I can play through with the cast of Steven Universe (or One Punch Man… so many options).

It’s annoying when online marketplaces don’t let you leave negative feedback when sellers cancel. Happened multiple times on Facebook and Mercari. Just a broken system that makes the marketplace look more legit than it is.

I got a free 1 year Sam's Club membership back in November, and I've noticed that they always sell a pack of $100 in eShop cards for $89.99.  I thought it was a Christmas item, but it seems to be regularly in stock... so, hey, 10% off!

Hey, it looks like Qubic Games put up a page listing their sale details and dates:

https://qubicgames.com/18/

If you own Beautiful Ukraine, Pocket Mini Golf, Robonauts, or Mana Spark, you can get a large number of their other titles for 18 cents OR $1.80.

The sale runs until May 1.

Something that could be helpful for my fellow Switch-only gamers:

Was jealous we aren't getting Tunic any time soon and that Game Pass has pretty much my entire wish list but for free, so I tried out Xbox Game Pass Cloud Gaming on my macbook and phone. It works shockingly well. Took me only a few minutes to set up an account, paid them $1 for a month trial, bluetooth synced my Pro controller, and I was playing. Didn't have to download anything. The catalogue of cloud gaming titles available is massive, as well.

Just wanted to share in case this helps anyone else!

Something that could be helpful for my fellow Switch-only gamers:

Was jealous we aren't getting Tunic any time soon and that Game Pass has pretty much my entire wish list but for free, so I tried out Xbox Game Pass Cloud Gaming on my macbook and phone. It works shockingly well. Took me only a few minutes to set up an account, paid them $1 for a month trial, bluetooth synced my Pro controller, and I was playing. Didn't have to download anything. The catalogue of cloud gaming titles available is massive, as well.

Just wanted to share in case this helps anyone else!
Nice. I plan to use my AYN ODIN for this purpose when it arrives

fkjasnfanflnafbfkbabfafbakbfaJULY 29TH?!?!?!?! SO EXCITED!!!!

I just finished my third playthrough of Xenoblade 2 and may replay 1 and X before this comes out. I need to watch the My Nintendo store like a freaking hawk now for that special edition! Can't wait!!!!!

Yeah Nintendo collector's editions are a scalper's dream. I don't really care for the extras as much, so will be an easy pass. Likely will pass on the game for now too, not having played XC2 or its DLC yet.

Anyone know if any stores have preorder bonuses for it? I imagine no as they probably didn't prepare for the earlier release.

I'm sure Xenoblade 3 coming early just means Splatoon 3 will be delayed, but maybe it means they're making room for something bigger this holiday

I'm sure Xenoblade 3 coming early just means Splatoon 3 will be delayed, but maybe it means they're making room for something bigger this holiday
Other than spacing out releases there's no reason XC3 (by completely different devs) would delay Splatoon 3. I would imagine XC3 being pushed over the finish line early was so it would free some folks at Monolith Soft to move over to Zelda BotW 2 landscape/topography development. Deving such a big game as XC3 also probably is part of the delay of BotW 2.

Lol no one is saying that... Xenoblade 3 getting pushed up two months would be the effect of a Splatoon 3 delay, not the cause of it
They have a generic "Summer" release date for Splatoon 3... they want that puppy out while kids are out of school. The XC series doesn't have the largest fanbase even for it's genre... I doubt XC3 has that much overlap with gamers who also are diehard competitive splatoon players.

That's gotta be some record for the number of times they've re-released those same Sonic games. I love me some Blue Sphere, but between all platforms and digital storefronts it feels like these games have popped up dozens of times :lol:

That's gotta be some record for the number of times they've re-released those same Sonic games. I love me some Blue Sphere, but between all platforms and digital storefronts it feels like these games have popped up dozens of times :lol:
Hey now, this is only the fourth opportunity to be able to have Sonic 2 on Switch.

bread's done
Back