Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
River City games are pretty decent albeit a bit short. I like both Tokyo Rumble and Rival Showdown. Kind of neat smaller open world RCR games. The Knights of Justice is extremely gimmicky and I wouldn't recommend it. For Harvest Moon I liked A New Beginning quite a bit. It starts slow, but has a neat town building system for triggering events and getting new residents. Probably my 2nd favorite 3DS Story of Seasons/Harvest Moon games after Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns. Story of Season was very bland to me and extremely slow (not on sale). The RCR games used to sell physically for about $20 too, now looks like $40. Does anyone recommend Gabriella's Ghastly Groove?

This is your periodical reminder that you can download the international NSO apps and play them with your main suscribed account.

With today’s update, Japan got SNES Umihara Kawase in place of Congo’s Caper.

In a week where Sony has been facing constant criticism for their lackluster premium online service, good guy Nintendo is here to remind us that theirs is lackluster too

Last edited by a moderator:
They just found that bug? People and myself complained about it the day Kirby 64 launched on the service.

Also I like how they say certain condition.

It's if the stupid whale hits you you fling backwards and stuck in the corner. World 3 IIRC.

They refuse to give the people what they want:

s-l500.jpg

I actually loved Rival Turf back in the day. There was this weird glitch where you wiggle the cartridge and the game sends you to this strange level select area.

The site is known for getting reprints done. Worst case scenario is to a) backup your cart ASAP and b) contact Atlus for support.
Yeah, when I spoke to them about my borked Q1 cart they made me send them a picture of the cartridge cut in half. THEN they sent me a code for a digital copy.

This is slightly off topic, but I thought I would post here since it is nintendo related.

I am going through my SNES collection of games deciding what to sell if I find something going for some decent money currently. I was shocked to see Ghoul Patrol for SNES listing BIN for $4,400 on ebay. That seems really high for a game I never really liked, but I am thinking about selling that one for sure. I have the box with all the inserts and everything is in excellent condition. I even have the receipt for the game when I purchased it back in 1994. I purchased it from a Babbages and the price was $27.99.

I am trying out a local consignment shop to sell a couple of my other high value SNES games for me since I don't want to deal with the hassle of selling these games myself. If the consignment shop gets me a good return I will continue to work with them.

Check what your games are worth from time to time. Especially older games you did not enjoy that are taking up space. You might be sitting on a nice bit of profit.
Follow up post.

I sold 2 SNES games as a set (Metal Warriors and Ninja Warriors) for $1400 last week. Now the guy who sold those for me is looking at $1500 for my copy of Ghoul Patrol. He assures me he can sell it at that price in a couple of weeks. There was a collector at the store and he was amazed at the condition. He said it looked like it had never been used which is pretty accurate. I remember playing it when I bought it back in 1994 and not liking the game. I have no clue why I held on to it for so long. The $4400-4500 BIN price for CIB on ebay is an unrealistic asking price for sure, but I knew the game must be worth something based on those and other ebay listings.

Follow up post.

I sold 2 SNES games as a set (Metal Warriors and Ninja Warriors) for $1400 last week. Now the guy who sold those for me is looking at $1500 for my copy of Ghoul Patrol. He assures me he can sell it at that price in a couple of weeks. There was a collector at the store and he was amazed at the condition. He said it looked like it had never been used which is pretty accurate. I remember playing it when I bought it back in 1994 and not liking the game. I have no clue why I held on to it for so long. The $4400-4500 BIN price for CIB on ebay is an unrealistic asking price for sure, but I knew the game must be worth something based on those and other ebay listings.
Prices on older games have gone full retard. Even stuff that old CAG members sucked up 20 years ago retail has turned into straight cash. Newer collectors barely understand the concept of getting anything cheap. They just open their wallets and spend. With the added allure of posting on social media and reddit for fake internet points (and casually not mentioning what they paid, which is always exorbitant), the pros from them outweigh the cons greatly. For us old farts though, it's an easy choice for a lump sum to get rid of something we just held onto just because.

Prices on older games have gone full retard. Even stuff that old CAG members sucked up 20 years ago retail has turned into straight cash. Newer collectors barely understand the concept of getting anything cheap. They just open their wallets and spend. With the added allure of posting on social media and reddit for fake internet points (and casually not mentioning what they paid, which is always exorbitant), the pros from them outweigh the cons greatly. For us old farts though, it's an easy choice for a lump sum to get rid of something we just held onto just because.
Meanwhile I’m sitting on a sealed copy of Agarest War Zero LE (360), the only thing I ever bought just to flip, and I’m still seeing prices in the $20s on ebay. And considering current inflation, that’s probably not far off what I paid.

I paid a quarter for JoJo's Bizarre Adventure on Dreamcast when Best Buy was clearing stuff out (lol employee discount).

Never opened it.

Hearing some crazy prices on it these days.

I'm still amazed at how much smt4a went for a couple years ago. Fepor and p3p going for 800 and 300 almost made me consider parting with them.

I've still got some of my sealed games from the $5 Circuit City deal like 18 years ago. Grabbed Mario Kart GBA, 2 copies of Rez, and Roadkill alongside some others.

Since someone asked about it before (and iirc said it was too expensive then) the Namco Store exclusive .HACK//G.U. LAST RECODE physical bundle is discounted to $39.99 for Memorial Day

https://store.bandainamcoent.com/hack-g-u-last-recode-begins-edition-bundle/
$13 for shipping is complete bullshit...

Meanwhile I’m sitting on a sealed copy of Agarest War Zero LE (360), the only thing I ever bought just to flip, and I’m still seeing prices in the $20s on ebay. And considering current inflation, that’s probably not far off what I paid.
LOL Don't feel bad, I have one of those too that I thought would be worth something some day. And shit, I got many others just like that. There was a period during the 360 and PS3 era when I bought a lot of games that I was unsure that I ever really wanted but thought because I thought "well, if I never play it, I can probably make some money off of it". Luckily, most games I've purchased are worth more than what I paid for though (yes, even factoring in selling costs and inflation).

Double Dragon IV on switch is $3.50 and I recommend it if you enjoy the NES double dragons. PS4 also has it at $3.49 but imo it's perfect game on switch.

Was that the one that came with a mouse pad? If so my copy is locked away somewhere ina box.

The $4400-4500 BIN price for CIB on ebay is an unrealistic asking price for sure, but I knew the game must be worth something based on those and other ebay listings.
Remember, if you're checking eBay for prices, you wanna check sold/completed listings, not unsold ones, esp BIN prices. If you're trying to appraise your collection, Pricecharting is what you wanna use. It aggregates the actual average selling price based on condition.

Can't tell ya how many times someone tells "hey this SNES game is $500 online" but then a quick Pricecharting check clarifies that, actually, most copies go for $75 in the past month based on actual sales instead of an ambitious asking price.

It's Katamari with a bus instead of a ball. What's not to like? I had fun with it for a weekend, can't complain.
It's no Katamari.

Snakeybus feels unfinished. The concept is good, but the actual gameplay is missing something. It doesn't draw me in to want to go one more run. It's also poorly optimized. In the short time I've played, it has already frozen mid-run once. This may not be an issue on stronger hardware than Switch. Not terrible for $3, but definitely don't pay more than the current sale price.

I've still got some of my sealed games from the $5 Circuit City deal like 18 years ago. Grabbed Mario Kart GBA, 2 copies of Rez, and Roadkill alongside some others.
Still have a few of those here. Futurama for the Xbox is one of the ones that I remember that I kept sealed. I know there were quite a few others also though.

Remember, if you're checking eBay for prices, you wanna check sold/completed listings, not unsold ones, esp BIN prices. If you're trying to appraise your collection, Pricecharting is what you wanna use. It aggregates the actual average selling price based on condition.
Can't tell ya how many times someone tells "hey this SNES game is $500 online" but then a quick Pricecharting check clarifies that, actually, most copies go for $75 in the past month based on actual sales instead of an ambitious asking price.
Price charting is a ok source but shouldn't be relied on over the actual selling sites search option for sold and completed auctions. But they are incomplete themselves so it's next to impossible to find accurate information anymore now that price tracker is gone which used to be a better source for tracking multiple websites sold and such listings.

bread's done
Back