Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
It says it is in "maintenance" -- so, yes, that sounds bad. Someone earlier gave a time of 5pm tomorrow -- anyone know why?

I just found my spare Humble codes too...

Edit: There is a TINY chance this isn't the end. Tiny. The Nintendo network maintenance site shows ALL eshop services being down from 10pm to 12 am, PST, right now.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/netinfo/en_US/
Watch Nintendo now have a final hours blowout sale when it comes back up. :bouncy: Yeah like that would ever happen. :???:

Classic Humble Bundle codes! These codes should work on the eShop redeem site
I assumed the eShop would be up until midnight PST... 10 PM is an odd time.

I'm not holding my breath, but there is a TINY chance the eShop could be up just after midnight... granted, a scheduled eShop maintenance from 10pm to midnight seems bad, given that it would be scheduled to return exactly on the "closing day".

Edit: I found this: https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/p/994/c/536/a_id/58358

"As of March 27, 2023, at 5:00 PM Pacific Time, it will no longer be possible to make purchases in Nintendo eShop for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. It will also no longer be possible to download free content, including game demos. Furthermore, as this date draws closer, related services will cease to function:"

Not sure that's necessarily true, but...

Last edited by a moderator:
Making room for the last few downloads I wanted has been a real pain. The DS/3DS has been my all time favorite game system, and I've played nearly everything that matters, and a billion things besides. Squeaking in a last few games and deleting some has been almost painful, even though I never, ever replay games. Clicking delete on all the Denpa Men games...ow.

Can you download Pokémon transporter if you’ve never had a paid bank sub?  
I tried to access it the other day with Omega Ruby in the card slot but Bank hung up and got stuck on a screen. I had to force shut down the 3DS. I do have it on the other kid’s 3DS so it’s not the end of the world if I can’t get it on the other one.  

I thought I’d post what I picked up just in case it helps people figure out last minute purchases:

Wii U:
pushmo world
The free Mario amiibo game

3ds:

Persona Q free DLC (and i would also HIGHLY recommend you grab persona Q because the carts were pressed incorrectly and they (almost) all have a problem where the game no longer works.)
Persona Q2 free DLC
Radiant historia All DLC (mainly because I liked this game and the growth EXP ring makes leveling up a breeze for the secret ending)
Pushmo
Crashmo
Stretchmo + the bundle dlc for $10. (The dlc just essentially gives you the “full game”
The games on sale for $3 (resident evil revelations, mercenaries 3d, megaman legacy, monster hunter 3,4,generations, rpg maker FES) because they were cheap
Pokémon red, blue, yellow, gold, silver, crystal (in case I want the celebi event or to trade Pokémon from those games.
Pokémon bank
Pokémon transporter (downloaded inside Pokémon bank)
Fire emblem fates revelations + birthright (since I only had conquest)

The free stuff
Pokémon Picross
Pokémon rumble world
Save data transfer tool
Monster hunter 3 save data transfer
Monster hunter generations save data transfer
The 2 Pokémon demos that give you exclusive Pokémon
Demos for bravely default, second, and theaterythm FF because they all give you items for the main games.
Photos with Mario
Unlock key for professor Layton x phoenix wright bonus content (requires beating the game)
Nintendo badge arcade
Steel diver Sun Wars
Rusty’s real deal baseball
Swap doodle
Pokémon shuffle
Team Kirby clash deluxe
Mini Mario amiibo challenge
Warioware gold demo
Detective pikachu demo
Metroid prime blast all
Mario party guest player

Considered getting but didn’t (yet…):
dimentium the ward remastered (first person survival horror game)
Crimson shroud
Dillons rolling western
Thanks for this, lots of small free things I missed. Good overview. Also, just my 2 cents. The sega 3ds classics are highly recommended. The head on ones in particular, like outrun. It looks amazing and will never be available like this again most likely.

Can you download Pokémon transporter if you’ve never had a paid bank sub?
I tried to access it the other day with Omega Ruby in the card slot but Bank hung up and got stuck on a screen. I had to force shut down the 3DS. I do have it on the other kid’s 3DS so it’s not the end of the world if I can’t get it on the other one.
I think Transporter got taken down, couldn’t find a listing in the shop yesterday.

EDIT: I’m wrong, corrected later in this thread.

Better late than never, here are Wii U & 3DS download codes:

Redeemed!

Mighty Switch Force! 3DS - 

A08KU3PH0QDUCFKV

Woah Dave! 3DS - 

A08MP9UT2Q3M93GG

OlliOlli 3DS - 

A08MGHRE1PCXC61Y

Moon Chronicles Episode 1 3DS - 

A08M3F2R1Q6ALVQA (Episodes 2-4 in-game DLC for $9)

SteamWorld Dig 3DS

A08LRLLP25197091
Gunman Clive 3DS - 

A08LB1X706B386EP

BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien Wii U - 

A08L1EH21047HUAA

Dragon Fantasy: The Volumes of Westeria 3DS - A09GCLBL21DLNMN7

https://ec.nintendo.com/redeem/

I was also thinking of buying Mario vs DK: Tipping Stars for the Wii U. Is anyone interested in the 3DS cross-buy version for $10 cash or eShop credit?

Maintenance again.

Grabbed a few games this morning:

Phoenix Wright Trilogy - $3 - I've never played a PW game. The first 3 for $1 ea is a no brainer.

Resident Evil Mercenaries - $3 - Have the cart but nice to not need to swap.

MH Generations - $3 - Already have the carts for 3U and 4U. I've heard you only really need 4U, but for $3, wtf not.

Gurumin - $2

Also found out my N3DSXL needs a new battery ^^;

I'll grab some more if the shop comes back up:

SFIV for $3 (again have the cart, but nice to not need to swap)

Steamworld Heist for $3

maybe Steamworld Dig 2 for $4

maybe Megaman Legacy Collection for $3

maybe other PW games

Are the PW games that good? Any that I def need to pick up?

I think Transporter got taken down, couldn’t find a listing in the shop yesterday.
It was its own independent free app on the shop.
Transporter is only obtainable within Bank, and you need an active sub to get past Bank's intro screen to get Transporter.

A08KU3PH0QDUCFKV

Woah Dave! 3DS -
A08MP9UT2Q3M93GG

OlliOlli 3DS -
A08MGHRE1PCXC61Y

SteamWorld Dig 3DS -
A08LRLLP25197091

Gunman Clive 3DS -
A08LB1X706B386EP

A08L1EH21047HUAA

I was also thinking of buying Mario vs DK: Tipping Stars for the Wii U. Is anyone interested in the 3DS cross-buy version for $10 cash or eShop credit?
Redeemed dragon fantasy, thank you thank you!!

Wasn't sure how long it had been since I last turned on my Wii U.  Found the tablet, its charger and hooked it up.  The system software was 5.4.0, which means sometime between June (5.4.0) and August (5.5.0) 2015.  Taking a while to update.

At least it wasn't bit by the NAND corruption.

A08KU3PH0QDUCFKV

Woah Dave! 3DS -

A08MP9UT2Q3M93GG

OlliOlli 3DS -

A08MGHRE1PCXC61Y

SteamWorld Dig 3DS -

A08LRLLP25197091
Gunman Clive 3DS -

A08LB1X706B386EP

A08L1EH21047HUAA

A08KU3PH0QDUCFKV

Woah Dave! 3DS -

A08MP9UT2Q3M93GG

OlliOlli 3DS -

A08MGHRE1PCXC61Y

SteamWorld Dig 3DS -

A08LRLLP25197091
Gunman Clive 3DS -

A08LB1X706B386EP

A08L1EH21047HUAA

I got Moon Chronicles and Runner2. Can confirm everything else is gone. Thank you!

It looks like the monster hunter DLC doesn’t use the eshop, so it may be available after the cutoff.

I noticed the same thing with downloading the RPGS from RPG maker FES.

The eShop is down and the Nintendo website is not showing a come back date this time.

I do hope it's because of server overload though.

Updated my New 3DS XL yesterday after reading the basics of the guide for unlocking it for other stuff. One of the benefits it seems will be being able to backup what I own... which might be great for that unlock key for Phoenix Wright vs Professor Layton as it's on the micro sd card.

I'll probably hook my 2DS up and I think I still have a regular 3DS and check them for updates while I'm at it. Not that I'm expecting updates to go away.

Wasn't sure how long it had been since I last turned on my Wii U. Found the tablet, its charger and hooked it up. The system software was 5.4.0, which means sometime between June (5.4.0) and August (5.5.0) 2015. Taking a while to update.

At least it wasn't bit by the NAND corruption.
I really need to make this a priority. It would suck to finally be ready to play Xenoblade Chronicles X and then find out there was an issue with the system.

Updated my New 3DS XL yesterday after reading the basics of the guide for unlocking it for other stuff. One of the benefits it seems will be being able to backup what I own... which might be great for that unlock key for Phoenix Wright vs Professor Layton as it's on the micro sd card.

I'll probably hook my 2DS up and I think I still have a regular 3DS and check them for updates while I'm at it. Not that I'm expecting updates to go away.

I really need to make this a priority. It would suck to finally be ready to play Xenoblade Chronicles X and then find out there was an issue with the system.
You really want to grab the optional load time improvememt download, its 10 gb maybe? It speeds up the load times from horrifically bad to just annoying.

I think they are taking it down piece by piece. You can't redeem game download codes on the system, at least when I tried earlier

Trying to get Pokemon Transfer, when I load Pokemon Bank it wants me to subscribe for $5 so I'm a bit confused I thought the subscription part was over?  Is Pokemon Bank useless without the transfer tool?

Able to purchase on the shop again. Just bought SSFIV.

Trying to get Pokemon Transfer, when I load Pokemon Bank it wants me to subscribe for $5 so I'm a bit confused I thought the subscription part was over? Is Pokemon Bank useless without the transfer tool?
Paid subscription isn't over quite yet. You can use Bank to transfer with newer games, but early gen games (Black/White 2 and below, iirc) require Transporter. You cannot get Transporter without active Bank. You won't be able to get either app after the eshop goes down (supposedly at 3/27 5pm pst).

Don't forget Nintendo has the Tour of the Louvre museum. This was an exclusive physical copy to the museum to purchase in france.

It looks like 3DS games aren't coming up on the Nintendo Official website. 

Edit: 5PM Pacific Time for eShop closure was 8AM Eastern Time. Which is 11AM on the west coast. Wow. I didn't realize it would be so early in the day. 

Just wanted to confirm that if you buy the $5 Pokemon Bank pass right now, you can still get Poke Transporter. After buying the pass, the main menu of Bank has a download link to Transporter, which then brings up the eshop. You cannot get Transporter from the eshop without this direct link from Bank. Both Bank and Transporter will be unavailable for download when the eshop goes down later today.

I may be mistaken, but I think the store is closed, I get a message saying "Failed to create extra data. This will prevent you from using SpotPass. Turn off the system, remove and reinsert the SD Card and then try again."
Could that error be that you have reached the limit of games with StreetPass data? eShop definitely wasn't closed when you posted.

I thought I’d post what I picked up just in case it helps people figure out last minute purchases:

Wii U:
pushmo world
The free Mario amiibo game

3ds:

Persona Q free DLC (and i would also HIGHLY recommend you grab persona Q because the carts were pressed incorrectly and they (almost) all have a problem where the game no longer works.)
Persona Q2 free DLC
Radiant historia All DLC (mainly because I liked this game and the growth EXP ring makes leveling up a breeze for the secret ending)
Pushmo
Crashmo
Stretchmo + the bundle dlc for $10. (The dlc just essentially gives you the “full game”
The games on sale for $3 (resident evil revelations, mercenaries 3d, megaman legacy, monster hunter 3,4,generations, rpg maker FES) because they were cheap
Pokémon red, blue, yellow, gold, silver, crystal (in case I want the celebi event or to trade Pokémon from those games.
Pokémon bank
Pokémon transporter (downloaded inside Pokémon bank)
Fire emblem fates revelations + birthright (since I only had conquest)

The free stuff
Pokémon Picross
Pokémon rumble world
Save data transfer tool
Monster hunter 3 save data transfer
Monster hunter generations save data transfer
The 2 Pokémon demos that give you exclusive Pokémon
Demos for bravely default, second, and theaterythm FF because they all give you items for the main games.
Photos with Mario
Unlock key for professor Layton x phoenix wright bonus content (requires beating the game)
Nintendo badge arcade
Steel diver Sun Wars
Rusty’s real deal baseball
Swap doodle
Pokémon shuffle
Team Kirby clash deluxe
Mini Mario amiibo challenge
Warioware gold demo
Detective pikachu demo
Metroid prime blast all
Mario party guest player

Considered getting but didn’t (yet…):
dimentium the ward remastered (first person survival horror game)
Crimson shroud
Dillons rolling western
There was a fixed reprint of the Persona Q 1 cartridge last year by VGP up in Canada but those copies went super quick.

Those of you buying games on Wii U & 3DS don’t forget to check your Switch gold points, the purchases count. I’ve gotten 1700 or 1800 Switch Gold points this month.

It would suck to finally be ready to play Xenoblade Chronicles X and then find out there was an issue with the system.
Just found out through personal experience that XCX is affected by Miiverse's shutdown. I was loading it on my Nintablet and thought it hung on the load screen. Turns out I just had to press A repeatedly to switch it to handheld.

Think I'm done now. Probably should have shopped earlier instead of waiting for the last day ^^;

Final haul:

steamworld heist - $2.99
steamworld dig 2 - $3.99
phoenix wright trilogy - $2.99
super street fighter iv - $2.99 (have cart, but price too good)
resident evil mercs - $2.99 (have cart, but price too good)
mega man legacy collection - $2.99
monster hunter generations - $2.99
monster hunter 4u - $2.99 (have cart, but price too good)
gurumin - $1.99
pokemon bank license - $4.99 (bought for poke transporter)
pokemon crystal - $9.99
pokemon silver - $9.99 (bought for coin case glitch, lol)
donkey kong country 2 - $7.99

Total spent: $60 ($48 since I used discounted eshop money)

I did price too good buys on SSIV as well, along with Shovel Knight, myself.  I might still buy some Wiiu stuff, but after doing a little googling on 3ds game stuff, I'm done buying games for it.

Bah...

I found my 3DS Smash Bros. cart, and I  also found my 3DS Smash Bros. DLC code.

I'm getting an error of "download codes can no longer be redeemed for 3DS family of systems."

Grrrr.

Had a buddy mod my 3DS XL to connect to a "eShop" and let me download whatever I want. Good option since the real eShop is gone.
Lol. I was trying to be a little more discreet about it. not really sure what is ok to talk about here or not. I just don't know if the same can be done with the WiiU side, as that isn't as clear with online searches.

My wii u eshop always triggers the memory error crash so can't even load it. Which is stupid since this is the console they sent me back after supposedly fixing the bad memory issue a couple years ago. I am wondering if using it in wii mode causes it by saving to spots on memory that should not be touched and overwriting important wii u stuff, since that is the only thing I've used it for recently that I can think of.

Just spent way too long trying to be completist and buy everything in rusty real deal baseball 3ds. Still mad I ended up paying 20 cents more than I should on the last game... ;) Not really worth it.

Lol. I was trying to be a little more discreet about it. not really sure what is ok to talk about here or not. I just don't know if the same can be done with the WiiU side, as that isn't as clear with online searches.
I feel you lol. I will rech out to him and see if the same can be done for the Wii U as well.

So, I was going to grab the Layton games, but the site isn’t working and it’s been about an hour now… guess I’ll save the money?
Anyone have a direct link to the eShop Layton 3ds titles for a Hail Mary?

The Wii U eShop keeps crashing, but I was able to buy Monster Hunter 3, the Resident Evil games for Wii and Wii U, Shakedown Hawaii, and Duck Hunt when I got home from work.  The fact that I had to move a bunch of games off of the system onto a flash drive before I could purchase Resident Evil: Revelations exposes one of the system's biggest flaws.  If Nintendo had shipped this thing with a decent-sized hard drive, it might have been a bit more successful.  Alas, we'll never know.  

I feel you lol. I will rech out to him and see if the same can be done for the Wii U as well.
At this point I think i'm just going to grab a copy of Pushmo World, and keep jailbreaking my 3ds's. I'm paranoid that somehow ending eshop support is going to affect my ability to add my seedminer friend, in order to make it work. LBH, how often am I really going to play that Wiiu anyways.

The Wii U shop keeps crashing, but I was able to buy Monster Hunter 3, the Resident Evil games for Wii and Wii U, Shakedown Hawaii, and Duck Hunt when I got home from work. The fact that I had to move a bunch of games off of the system onto a flash drive before I could purchase Resident Evil: Revelations exposes one of the system's biggest flaws. If Nintendo had shipped this thing with a decent-sized hard drive, it might have been a bit more successful. Alas, we'll never know.
Not named it the Wii U, shipped with a bigger drive, not required the clunky game pad. Yeah the thing was doomed. Still the best way to play Wii games in HD and that’s about it.

So, I was going to grab the Layton games, but the site isn’t working and it’s been about an hour now… guess I’ll save the money?
Anyone have a direct link to the eShop Layton 3ds titles for a Hail Mary?
I think the website is disabled and you have to go through your system.

bread's done
Back