Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
I missed out on this one just like last time, because I forgot to redeem a game along the way.

I actually haven't been able to purchase anything on the eshop from my phone in a while; not sure if it's my phone/browser or the shop itself. But that's what led to me missing out both times; I had problems redeeming it so I planned to do so on my Switch later, then I just forgot.

Kirby's Dream Buffet [digital only] - $10 (normally $15)

Also $10.49 from the eShop

Update: code delivered in a about a minute
Never got this game since I had a feeling the online would die pretty quickly, and after some Googling, it looks like I was right. It looked like a fun game, but also one that would get boring pretty quickly. I did get the My Nintendo Kirby keychain they released to promote the game, though. So cute and round.

Huge sale on eshop right now. 1216 games. A lot of Holiday sale repeats, but some new stuff

Kirby's Dream Buffet [digital only] - $10 (normally $15)
Also $10.49 from the eShop
Update: code delivered in a about a minute
Huzzah! It only took a year and a half for it to have its first sale :oldman:
Walmart matched a few sale prices, and in true Walmart fashion, made them slightly cheaper. With the gold points from using the download codes you can save a few extra bucks. But I'm shut out because I already bought two eshop codes from them this month, which apparently means I can't buy anything digital until next month. I've tried different payment methods too. Everything gets cancelled :wall:

Never got this game since I had a feeling the online would die pretty quickly, and after some Googling, it looks like I was right. It looked like a fun game, but also one that would get boring pretty quickly. I did get the My Nintendo Kirby keychain they released to promote the game, though. So cute and round.
It's been dead for over a year! It died so fast. I'm still getting it though. I'm a sucker for collectathons, and this one is supposed to be chock-full of costumes, colors, music, and cookies to unlock. There's an offline mode too but it's very slow to earn points that way. Online is faster, and if you can't find people it will populate the lobby with CPU opponents.

Last edited:
The full list of codes Walmart has on sale, which will get you the full $60, or whatever full price would be, worth of gold coins if you buy it there.

Nintendo games on sale:

Animal Crossing: New Horizons - $41.99 - 30% off - $41 code at Walmart
BoxBoy! + BoxGirl! - $6.99 - 30% off - $6.88 code at Walmart
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - $27.99 - 30% off - $27 code at Walmart
Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics - $27.99 - 30% off - $27.27 code at Walmart
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - $39.99 - 33% off - $39 code at Walmart
Fitness Boxing 2: Rhythm & Exercise - $34.99 - 30% off - $34 code at Walmart
Good Job! - $13.99 - 30% off - $13.31 code at Walmart
Kirby's Dream Buffet - $10.49 - 30% off - $10.01 code at Walmart
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD - $41.99 - 30% off - $39.77 code at Walmart
Mario Strikers: Battle League - $41.99 - 30% off - $41 code at Walmart
New Pokemon Snap - $41.99 - 30% off - $39 code at Walmart
Part Time UFO - $6.29 - 30% off - $6.26 code at Walmart
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX - $41.99 - 30% off - $39 code at Walmart
Splatoon 3 - $41.99 - 30% off - $41 code at Walmart
The Stretchers - $13.99 - 30% off - $13 code at Walmart
WarioWare: Get It Together! - $34.99 - 30% off - $34 code at Walmart

More rumors about Switch 2 coming this year, but with an 8" (non-OLED) screen.

Just wish the thing would get here already (saying this as a guy who bought an OLED version in the spring of last year.)

I could care less (but not by much). I'm done being an early adopter; once was enough for me to learn the drawbacks. I'll get it if and when it has a library that appeals to me.

Is there a reason that it would be telling me "This item is not available to download." When trying to purchase dragon's dogma on desktop? Is this a deal I have to turn my switch on for and then look in the store? It was showing up available before I signed into my account. Not sure if I've got a region change or something but trying to check that now as well.

Is there a reason that it would be telling me "This item is not available to download." When trying to purchase dragon's dogma on desktop? Is this a deal I have to turn my switch on for and then look in the store? It was showing up available before I signed into my account. Not sure if I've got a region change or something but trying to check that now as well.
Happens to me consistently on my phone and one of my work computers, not sure why. I can't remember if switching browsers helps at all on desktop,

When this happens I clear cookies and it fixes. Must be a bug on Nintendo's end or maybe Chrome (if that's what you're using).

Try logging out of your account and then back in.

If that fails, delete all your cookies and try again -- or try in Private mode.

Sometimes I've noticed that the account gets "stuck" unless I log back in again.

I got Dragon Quest Monsters: The Dark Prince for Christmas and started it up recently. The gameplay and monster collecting/fusing are all really addictive, though I prefer the old systems that were on the Gameboy games (this one is based on the Joker series, which I never played). The talent system isn't as fun or intuitive to me as simply fusing the monsters with abilities you want to get a monster with higher-level abilities. But still, it's very fun and I love breaking the game with ridiculously explosive attacks.

Performance is god-awful, like worse than Pokemon Scarlet and Violet. I had to carefully walk over a narrow platform to get to a treasure in one area and the game was dropping frames so bad, I almost fell of the edge. God help you if any weather pattern starts up. The graphics themselves aren't that bad and I like the cel-shaded style, but it just runs like complete ass. And the music, while not bad by itself, is disappointing. I expected the game to reuse all its music (DQ spin-offs nearly always do), but it's like they purposefully set out to find the absolute worst versions of every song they used and imported those. The quality and remix choice is just terrible.

Now, here's my biggest complaint: the story. This game may have possibly the worst-presented story I've ever seen in a video game. It's a retelling of DQIV, but it assumes way too hard you've played that game (I have not). But, even if I did have the context for the story, that doesn't change the fact that it really seems like half the script went missing. Things just happen with little to no prompts, like you'll have a scene that maybe is setting something up for the future, then all of a sudden, a major event will happen with little to no logical reason. Sure, you can kind of cobble together the missing context and make it make sense, but the story is just so poorly told, every scene is like intense whiplash. No spoilers, but there's legit a part of the game where you go to a town for a really important reason, find what you're looking for right away, and then just go to sleep before doing anything, despite what you're looking for being right there. It's absolutely infuriating and I feel like I'm having an aneurysm whenever a story cutscene starts.

And don't even get me started on the silent protagonist. You're playing as the literal main villain of DQIV, with the funniest, sour-ass look on his face, and you have no dialogue. Oh, but you do have plenty of "yes" or "no" dialogue choices that mean nothing! I think I told that little shit Toilen he couldn't join us like three times before finally giving up, since Rose kept saying OH COME ON, HE WON'T TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER! Then why give me the option to say no?!

Games like DQ Builders are also retellings of old games (1 and 2), but they don't require you to have played those games to get what's going on. They're also well-told stories with logical progression. DQMTDP was clearly made on a shoestring budget, which all (thankfully) went to its very fun gameplay. The performance issues are a shame and the music could be better, but I'm be willing to look past all that. The story, however, nearly ruins the experience. And yes, I know that story has never been a big deal in the Monsters games, but this story is too invasive to ignore, as it constantly makes you go back to the hub area just to watch another incomprehensible cutscene. What was wrong with just keeping it simple, like "your sister has been kidnapped, so you need to become a monster tamer and win a tournament you grant your wish to save her" or "your new hometown is sinking, so travel all over the world to find a way to save it"? I wasn't banging my head against the arm of my couch trying to understand those plots!

6/10, and the gameplay earns all 6 of those points. Also, I don't think Florajay is in the game, who was one of the best monsters in the Gameboy ones, so it could never achieve anything higher than an 8 anyway.

I got Dragon Quest Monsters: The Dark Prince for Christmas and started it up recently. The gameplay and monster collecting/fusing are all really addictive, though I prefer the old systems that were on the Gameboy games (this one is based on the Joker series, which I never played). The talent system isn't as fun or intuitive to me as simply fusing the monsters with abilities you want to get a monster with higher-level abilities. But still, it's very fun and I love breaking the game with ridiculously explosive attacks.

Performance is god-awful, like worse than Pokemon Scarlet and Violet. I had to carefully walk over a narrow platform to get to a treasure in one area and the game was dropping frames so bad, I almost fell of the edge. God help you if any weather pattern starts up. The graphics themselves aren't that bad and I like the cel-shaded style, but it just runs like complete ass. And the music, while not bad by itself, is disappointing. I expected the game to reuse all its music (DQ spin-offs nearly always do), but it's like they purposefully set out to find the absolute worst versions of every song they used and imported those. The quality and remix choice is just terrible.

Now, here's my biggest complaint: the story. This game may have possibly the worst-presented story I've ever seen in a video game. It's a retelling of DQIV, but it assumes way too hard you've played that game (I have not). But, even if I did have the context for the story, that doesn't change the fact that it really seems like half the script went missing. Things just happen with little to no prompts, like you'll have a scene that maybe is setting something up for the future, then all of a sudden, a major event will happen with little to no logical reason. Sure, you can kind of cobble together the missing context and make it make sense, but the story is just so poorly told, every scene is like intense whiplash. No spoilers, but there's legit a part of the game where you go to a town for a really important reason, find what you're looking for right away, and then just go to sleep before doing anything, despite what you're looking for being right there. It's absolutely infuriating and I feel like I'm having an aneurysm whenever a story cutscene starts.

And don't even get me started on the silent protagonist. You're playing as the literal main villain of DQIV, with the funniest, sour-ass look on his face, and you have no dialogue. Oh, but you do have plenty of "yes" or "no" dialogue choices that mean nothing! I think I told that little shit Toilen he couldn't join us like three times before finally giving up, since Rose kept saying OH COME ON, HE WON'T TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER! Then why give me the option to say no?!

Games like DQ Builders are also retellings of old games (1 and 2), but they don't require you to have played those games to get what's going on. They're also well-told stories with logical progression. DQMTDP was clearly made on a shoestring budget, which all (thankfully) went to its very fun gameplay. The performance issues are a shame and the music could be better, but I'm be willing to look past all that. The story, however, nearly ruins the experience. And yes, I know that story has never been a big deal in the Monsters games, but this story is too invasive to ignore, as it constantly makes you go back to the hub area just to watch another incomprehensible cutscene. What was wrong with just keeping it simple, like "your sister has been kidnapped, so you need to become a monster tamer and win a tournament you grant your wish to save her" or "your new hometown is sinking, so travel all over the world to find a way to save it"? I wasn't banging my head against the arm of my couch trying to understand those plots!

6/10, and the gameplay earns all 6 of those points. Also, I don't think Florajay is in the game, who was one of the best monsters in the Gameboy ones, so it could never achieve anything higher than an 8 anyway.

I like the game more than you, but yeah the story is godawful. The human and elf buddies are two of the most annoying jrpg characters in recent memory. I started just skipping every cutscene because they’re like nails on a chalkboard. It’s strange to me because DQ characters are usually pretty likable, so I dunno what happened here with their hideous designs, terrible writing and cringey voice acting. Unfortunately I find myself unsure where to go a lot because I skip the cutscenes, but it’s a small price to pay in order to pretend these two don’t exist.

Also don’t get why the graphics are so ugly. It’s giving low-tier PS2 energy. Doesn’t DQ11 run and look pretty good on switch? What happened?

But the gameplay loop makes up for all that at least. I really liked Joker so it’s nice that this is very much a sequel to that underrated game. The seasons system is strange but it changes things around enough to make exploring and grinding and hunting monsters more interesting. Just having a lot of fun with it as long as I ignore the story and graphics.

I haven't played beyond the intro stuff in the demo because my oldest was playing my copy of DQ Monsters but it gave me DQ Joker mechanics from the start. I loved how easy it was to pick this system back up after so many years. Monster recruiting was very easy to adapt my old skills to. I didn't dig as deep into it as the demo sold me pretty quickly, but my oldest son had recently played the GBC DQ Monsters games through emulation and he had nothing but praise for the new game.

Rose kept saying OH COME ON, HE WON'T TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER! Then why give me the option to say no?!

dsc_12255010101.png

I like the game more than you, but yeah the story is godawful. The human and elf buddies are two of the most annoying jrpg characters in recent memory. I started just skipping every cutscene because they’re like nails on a chalkboard. It’s strange to me because DQ characters are usually pretty likable, so I dunno what happened here with their hideous designs, terrible writing and cringey voice acting. Unfortunately I find myself unsure where to go a lot because I skip the cutscenes, but it’s a small price to pay in order to pretend these two don’t exist.

Also don’t get why the graphics are so ugly. It’s giving low-tier PS2 energy. Doesn’t DQ11 run and look pretty good on switch? What happened?

But the gameplay loop makes up for all that at least. I really liked Joker so it’s nice that this is very much a sequel to that underrated game. The seasons system is strange but it changes things around enough to make exploring and grinding and hunting monsters more interesting. Just having a lot of fun with it as long as I ignore the story and graphics.
Rose is your typical cute girl with no personality, but I hate Toilen in a way words cannot express. Every time he opens his mouth, I want to ram Psaro's sword [he never fucking uses] straight through his throat.
Yeah, yeah, I know🤣

I've been looking for clearance PS5 storage and while I've been failing at that, I've been checking the switch section. I've been to 5 stores so far. Only one of them even had it in stock, and it was full price.

Persona 5 Tactica is $20 at BB. I have never played anything in this series before but picked it up because I’m a sucker.

Will I be happy?
It is ok for what it is. A simple for all tactics game. Mario Rabbids was actually harder. The reason its dropping so badly imo is:

1) Marketed to the wrong crowd. Most Persona fans are not really tactics fans.
2) Many fans are turned off by the "chibi" graphics. If it had been regular Person adult look it likely would have done much better.
3) The cut scenes (if you can call them that) drag majorly in the first chapter.
4) Two widely popular character released as DLC for $20 on day one.
5) Burn out of Person atm. (We just had Royals on all systems, P3P, and P4G, now we are all playing P3R)

All that said.... it is worth $20 if you want to see what the phantom thieves are up to as this is likely the last game that will feature them.

Before the Wii U servers shut down, can we grab the best Mario Maker stages, save them and play them once the servers are shut down for good?

New reports have stated that Super Nintendo Switch/Switch 2 has been delayed until next year. Extremely disappointing if true but also a very Nintendo thing to do.

New reports have stated that Super Nintendo Switch/Switch 2 has been delayed until next year. Extremely disappointing if true but also a very Nintendo thing to do.

Considering they never announced the new hardware and it was just rumors suggesting it was happening, I didn't get any hopes up about it. Just like the big middle of February Nintendo Direct that was going to have a bunch of stuff and then it didn't happen. The rumors seem wrong most of the time anyway.

I have more than enough games to play. If they want to wait till next year or the year after... or whatever... cool. Keep pumping out some good stuff for the current hardware and when it's time, it's time.

Get ready for Switch 2 announcement, baybee!!!!!!!!!!!! /s

Seems like Nintendo delayed this so Microsoft could get their house in order last week. We will probably find out what those Xbox ports are going to be, or at least the Switch-destined ones.

Maybe they reveal the new hardware during the summer around the usual E3 But Not E3 time. Launching it during the next fiscal year is the only safe bet. That gives them until April 2025. Dunno why they wouldn’t want want those 2024 Holiday sales, but maybe they feel like they can squeeze some more blood from the current Switch stone. Looks unlikely right now with the current game lineup, but who knows, maybe the new DKC game that’s been rumored forever actually exists, and maybe that rumored Fire Emblem 5 remake does too. Throw in Metroid Prime 4 and maybe another unannounced Kirby game or or Zelda Oracle remakes or something and I guess with that game lineup stretching out the Switch’s lifespan for a bit longer is doable. Seems like a missed opportunity if that’s the case tbh, what with Microsoft currently in disarray and Sony finding themselves bizarrely without any 1st party exclusives for the whole year. Would’ve been a good time to unleash a new console on the market. Dunno, don’t really care outside of a casual interest in watching the industry play out, and I’m not an early adopter and never will be. My backlog is huge and there are still switch games and even *PS4* games releasing this year that I’ll be playing.

bread's done
Back