Nintendo Switch Console Stock Thread - Mario Odyssey bundle announced

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
The Switch is here! And some of us are still struggling to find one D:

Let's help each other out!

Keep in mind if the price in these links are over retail it's a 3rd party seller.

NowInStock and Brickseek are options for finding info on stock, but it's not very accurate sometimes- http://www.nowinstock.net/

MARIO ODYSSEY BUNDLE

Gamestop - http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey-bundle/153465

Best Buy - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey-edition-red-joy-con/5919905.p?skuId=5919905&ref=199&loc=FKSJxY2VJAk&acampID=1&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-OgVhAbX9LaZfnQUbxjDyow

Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B075N7RDTM/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20?th=1

OTHER SYSTEMS

WALMART

Splatoon 2 Bundle - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Hardware-with-Splatoon-2-Neon-Green-Neon-Pink-Joy-Cons-Nintendo-Switch/394092847?u1=&oid=223073.1&wmlspartner=FKSJxY2VJAk&sourceid=01744705420918584935&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

Gray- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Console-Gray-Joy-Con/291008375

Neon- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Console-with-Neon-Blue-and-Neon-Red-Joy-Con/714679279

BEST BUY

Gray- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-console-gray-joy-con/5670003.p?skuId=5670003

Neon- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-console-neon-red-neon-blue-joy-con/5670100.p?skuId=5670100

GAMESTOP

Gray- http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-console-with-gray-joy-con/141820

Neon- http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-console-with-neon-blue-and-neon-red-joy-con/141887

AMAZON

Gray- https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Gray-Joy-Con/dp/B01LTHP2ZK/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1489860263&sr=1-3&keywords=nintendo+switch

Neon- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MUAGZ49/ref=twister_B01N6ROMCO?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

TARGET

Gray- http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-with-gray-joy-con/-/A-52052007

Neon- http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-with-neon-blue-and-red-joy-con/-/A-52189185

Toys R Us

http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=119659196&sr=1&origkw=nintendo%20switch%20console&ff=Taxonomy&fg=Category&fd=&fv=2254197

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like Walmart is getting these too.  I hit brickseek and one of my local stores had 5 in stock.  They now have four as I bought one and I found one of the $12 WiiU Pro controllers.  So, my hunt for the system is over.  I wasn't planning to chase restocks or anything, just wait till Walmart had them.

One thing I will note about my store.  They only shelved one system.  But the stock did adjust on brickseek to 4 after I bought mine.  So, it's possible they are putting them out one at a time at some stores to limit the scalpers.   Whatever the case I'm happy.  I got my Switch and a cheap WiiU Pro controller (plan to use this with my NES Classic through a wireless adapter and maybe even the WiiU).

Good luck to anyone legitimately looking for a system to actually play.  Now I can open my switch copy of Breath of the Wild.

Looks like Walmart is getting these too. I hit brickseek and one of my local stores had 5 in stock. They now have four as I bought one and I found one of the $12 WiiU Pro controllers. So, my hunt for the system is over. I wasn't planning to chase restocks or anything, just wait till Walmart had them.

One thing I will note about my store. They only shelved one system. But the stock did adjust on brickseek to 4 after I bought mine. So, it's possible they are putting them out one at a time at some stores to limit the scalpers. Whatever the case I'm happy. I got my Switch and a cheap WiiU Pro controller (plan to use this with my NES Classic through a wireless adapter and maybe even the WiiU).

Good luck to anyone legitimately looking for a system to actually play. Now I can open my switch copy of Breath of the Wild.
Brickseek inventories are often way out of date. At best, they're the 8am inventory.

Spreadsheet said in stock got there dude said they were out
Honestly, it's just like calling stores. You can call the store all day long, but if someone comes in between the phone call and you getting there. And this is one of those things where it is DEFINITELY hit or miss. I mean, a group of people actually camping out in the store waiting for the UPS guy. Not 1-2... try 5-10. In multiple stores.

well, i just called a walmart that shows 5 gray and 7 neon in stock on brickseek and per the electronic employee, they are all sold out yesterday.  

i recommend calling your wally before rushing there.

These NS are going quick. Called another walmart and they got in more than 10, all sold out this morning. where are the other people getting stock inventory status form? CAG is pretty good with these stuff and i'm sure SD too, is there other website that reports these kind of data?

Brickseek inventories are often way out of date. At best, they're the 8am inventory.
Yeah, but it literally adjusted by 1 after my purchase was complete. It didn't take all day for it to update. Within 45min of my purchase it went from 5 to 4. They updated quantity mid day. I'm overall just saying, check your stores and be aware it's possible they are only shelving them one at a time.

Good luck to those seeking the system. I'm really happy to have this. I hope Ultra Street Fighter 2 ends up great as I have a whole crew of people at work I can challenge during breaks.

These NS are going quick. Called another walmart and they got in more than 10, all sold out this morning. where are the other people getting stock inventory status form? CAG is pretty good with these stuff and i'm sure SD too, is there other website that reports these kind of data?
brickseek.com and use the sku:55449983 for the gray model.

EDIT: I didn't see your post before this. I think the best you can do to track this stuff brickseek at this point. Had my local store not had one on the shelf I would have just shrugged and been happy with my $12 wiiu pro controller and a few other items I needed to get anyway.

Yeah employees being shady. A location I called that wasn't on the spreadsheet yet said none in stock. Then showed up literally minutes later on the next refresh with In Stock on the spreadsheet.

Coincidence? Maybe, but I'm thinking it's not.

I called a few Gamestops here around Seattle, and then looked at the sheet in Everett, WA. Said In stock, called and told was in stock but selling as bundles only. I got there and their bundle was Switch, Zelda, Zelda DLC, Guide CE, Case, and travel adapter. I told him that I was just going to return everything I didn't want and originally he told me I couldn't. Then I talked him into remove the case and travel adapter. Once he did that, he rung up everything else. Left and stopped at a second gamestop and returned the guide. They asked why I was returning it and told them that I was forced to buy it in a bundle package to get the Switch. Assistant Manager grabbed receipt and shook his head when he saw the name. Told me to do survey and be completely honest. Watch out for associates doing shady shit like this.

I'm kind of surprised these are selling so quickly in March. Christmas time? Sure, but usually a March release of something isn't too hard to come by. The 3DS was easy to find, Vita was easy to find, Wii U was easy to find, Xbox One wasn't hard to find, the only thing I remember being this hard to find that still had preorders were the PS4. They were tough to find there for awhile.

And of course AirPods. I gave up on those, 4 months later and 6 week lead time? Screw that, I'll just get a cheap $20 pair somewhere.

I'm kind of surprised these are selling so quickly in March. Christmas time? Sure, but usually a March release of something isn't too hard to come by.
I'm not surprised at all. They launched with a AAA game. They have enough other stuff to really bridge the gap between now and Christmas/Mario. I have a huge library between all of my systems... but looking over the next month alone and I'm feeling pretty good. I have Zelda already. Ultra Street Fighter 2 next week. In April I'm definitely getting Mario Kart and possibly puyo puyo tetris. It's really more gaming than I can keep up with from one system and I haven't even decided yet on eshop stuff like the new Blaster Master Zero.

Usually a system launch sucks. The games are half baked. The gap between launch and the first real batch of games is 1/2 a year or more. Nintendo, I think, actually planned this out pretty well. It won't appeal to every gamer, but there's enough here even without factoring in my other systems to keep busy.

Yeah employees being shady. A location I called that wasn't on the spreadsheet yet said none in stock. Then showed up literally minutes later on the next refresh with In Stock on the spreadsheet.

Coincidence? Maybe, but I'm thinking it's not.
or maybe they just got their UPS shipment in and scanned the new inventory into the system?

no doubt there are shady employees, but i believe most errors come from delay more than dishonesty.

STruck out at the first GS.  Sheets said in stock, but last 2 went to 2 guys ahead of me.  IT seemed like one of them had it reserved.  I wouldn't doubt if there was another behind the counter that was "reserved" for another guy.  Clerk had the fake look of  i Have no Switches here behind the counter except the 1 or 2 I'm not telling about.   ;)

So I took off for the other GS in town.   Sheets said low stock but I needed to kill some time so wtf.   And I see 4 people at the counter.  I figure ok definitely no Switches now.    But then I see  they are buying a used 360.  And the clerk recognizes me and  says you're here to get the Switch aren't you. Yeah I am.  Do you actually have one? I say.  And he says, yep we got one.  Sweet.  So I wait my turn in line while this group of 4 buys a used 320gb 360 for $180 while I roll my eyes without rolling them.   Clerk said he got calls all day.  But no one came to get the last one.  Tied up at work or school  I guess.  He talks me into a membership renewal/I throw him a bone. And I go home with a Switch to probably scalp.

or maybe they just got their UPS shipment in and scanned the new inventory into the system?

no doubt there are shady employees, but i believe most errors come from delay more than dishonesty.
By the next refresh the store dropped off the list. Sure I guess the 5 minutes between the time I called UPS could have showed up and they got the systems logged in the system right at the moment Blackbeard updated the spreadsheet, but I'm thinking more of they were sitting there already.

I tried calling a couple in WA that listed as in stock or low stock, but they were all sold out.  Each one offered a bundle that they said they could guarantee it would be in by the 31st.

Then out of the blue my awesome wife calls from Wal-Mart and says she is buying one!  So I guess there is more stock everywhere.

Good luck to you all!

So I checked the sheet in the morning, and no stores had gotten their shipments in my entire city (Vegas). I had some time to I decided to go to my local store (which gets little to no traffic) and see what was up, maybe they got their shipment yesterday and hadn't put them in the system. I got there before they opened, there was no line or anything. I asked the guy if they had any Switches in stock, he gave me the standard "we might have a few when we get our shipment, check back in a few hours". I chatted with the guy for a bit and he noticed I had the "Switch info" pre-order thing from a few weeks back and he said if I wanted to, I could wait a few hours in the store until the shipment comes in, and he could possibly secure me a console. Did just that, the shipment came in around 11:30, they got a total of 5. He was allowed to sell 3, 2 were for preordered bundles. Within the time the store opened and the shipment came in, about 3 people came in asking for Switch consoles and one other person called. He sold me one of the consoles as soon as he got them, and put the rest of them in the system inventory. I re-upped my PUR membership as a way to throw the guy a bone for the excellent customer service.

Don't give up hope dudes. 😄

Saw one of my local stores added to the sheet and rushed over there. Store had no traffic whatsoever but wasn't able to get one because their truck hadn't come in yet. The employee told me that they knew they were getting in more but couldn't give me a specific time for when they would be coming in

Was in walmart today, asked if they had any stock just to see and they guy laughed and said they haven't seen any switches since launch.

They did have 1 2 switch though, so that's something   :whistle2:

Went to store that said they had 6, ask a guy and they only got 3, 2 weee bought by some guy and the last one was on hold for an employee right next to him

Went to store that said they had 6, ask a guy and they only got 3, 2 weee bought by some guy and the last one was on hold for an employee right next to him
The only employees that really want to help you are the managers who are over and above gaming at this point. I like those the best.

Dam.. I walked in launch day at Best Buy and there were 3-5 of each still available.. Should have bought them all if I knew it'd be like this going into April.

I'm not surprised at all. They launched with a AAA game. They have enough other stuff to really bridge the gap between now and Christmas/Mario. I have a huge library between all of my systems... but looking over the next month alone and I'm feeling pretty good. I have Zelda already. Ultra Street Fighter 2 next week. In April I'm definitely getting Mario Kart and possibly puyo puyo tetris. It's really more gaming than I can keep up with from one system and I haven't even decided yet on eshop stuff like the new Blaster Master Zero.

Usually a system launch sucks. The games are half baked. The gap between launch and the first real batch of games is 1/2 a year or more. Nintendo, I think, actually planned this out pretty well. It won't appeal to every gamer, but there's enough here even without factoring in my other systems to keep busy.
I'd like to get USF2 but man, can't justify $40 for it right now.

I think it's way too early to tell whether the Switch will maintain its momentum. I'm happy to hear it's doing well out of the gate, but that was entirely to be expected. Between the 3DS and Wii U, Nintendo certainly had at least 2 million truly loyal gamers who would shell out whatever price Nintendo was asking for. That's what is driving sales right now.

The BIG question will be what happens AFTER that truly loyal base dries up. I'm not convinced at this point, like you, that the Switch has enough software to survive the onslaught that's coming at E3. I expect both Sony and Microsoft - especially Microsoft - to bring their AAA games. Microsoft has a LOT riding on Scorpio, and I'm nowhere near as confident as you that Nintendo can beat Sony AND a new Microsoft console launch - even with Mario Odyssey, and anything else they're cooking up, without the major AAA third parties behind the system.

This isn't to say the Switch is going anywhere south. I just don't think it's going to sell like Wii, and I'm doubtful it'll come close to even 20 million. Who knows? Like I said, WAY too early to tell right now.

Very excited for E3 this year - it is going to be A-MA-ZING.

I caved and got one of the bundles.

Paid $150 out of pocket for BOTW, the guide, the season pass, Snipperclips, Shovel Knight TT, and the Grey Switch. 

Summersville WV Gamestop was adamant about not having a switch in stock, even when I gave them the SKU for them to punch in, it gave them another item and said the Grey Switch was under a different SKU. This employee wasn't the one of the same ones that were giving me the run around and is the one who lets me come in and flip multiple copies of stuff without issue.

At least now I can chill and not have to go back to that gamestop anytime soon.

I think it's way too early to tell whether the Switch will maintain its momentum. I'm happy to hear it's doing well out of the gate, but that was entirely to be expected. Between the 3DS and Wii U, Nintendo certainly had at least 2 million truly loyal gamers who would shell out whatever price Nintendo was asking for. That's what is driving sales right now.

The BIG question will be what happens AFTER that truly loyal base dries up. I'm not convinced at this point, like you, that the Switch has enough software to survive the onslaught that's coming at E3. I expect both Sony and Microsoft - especially Microsoft - to bring their AAA games. Microsoft has a LOT riding on Scorpio, and I'm nowhere near as confident as you that Nintendo can beat Sony AND a new Microsoft console launch - even with Mario Odyssey, and anything else they're cooking up, without the major AAA third parties behind the system.

This isn't to say the Switch is going anywhere south. I just don't think it's going to sell like Wii, and I'm doubtful it'll come close to even 20 million. Who knows? Like I said, WAY too early to tell right now.

Very excited for E3 this year - it is going to be A-MA-ZING.
You're thinking only the U.S. Across seas, most don't care about Microsoft and love Nintendo. Wii was terrible Imo, but in the top 5 selling consoles in history.

I caved and got one of the bundles.
Paid $150 out of pocket for BOTW, the guide, the season pass, Snipperclips, Shovel Knight TT, and the Grey Switch.
Summersville WV Gamestop was adamant about not having a switch in stock, even when I gave them the SKU for them to punch in, it gave them another item and said the Grey Switch was under a different SKU. This employee wasn't the one of the same ones that were giving me the run around and is the one who lets me come in and flip multiple copies of stuff without issue.
At least now I can chill and not have to go back to that gamestop anytime soon.
Yeah Gamestop and the DMV are about on the same level of enjoyment.

Yeah Gamestop and the DMV are about on the same level of enjoyment.
Gamestop is terrible and way too shady on rare items. I prefer to walk into Wal-Mart to pick up these items and are usually easier to find there. I would suggest checking your local Wal-Mart too, I went in yesterday and they had 4 for sale for the first time since the launch date.

I'd like to get USF2 but man, can't justify $40 for it right now.
With Prime it's was $34.55after tax and all for me. I'm hopeful this will be the game to share during breaks at work. There are a bunch of guys I work with that are old enough to have been in the arcades in the 90's pumping quarters into SF2.

Has anyone heard any talk about an adapter coming out to use the Wii U pro controller for the Switch?
Nothing yet. I don't think there are any third party controllers yet either.

I prefer to walk into Wal-Mart to pick up these items and are usually easier to find there.
I've bought most of my consoles and handhelds that way. It's almost got a bit of nostalgia for me going that route. But in the back of my head I'm also thinking how painless it is to return something if I end up with a defective system.

Spoke to a manager about the Switch showing up in Brick seek.  It's apparently a "known" bug and the managers are trying to get their names off the list as having them because it's doubling their employees work just trying to tell everyone no.  Last shipment from my Gamestop comes in today.  After this... I'm done trying.  2 UPS days of nothing.  Going to hang out there today one last time.  

Quick tip for all people looking for a switch, use iStockNow. At first I didn't want to share and keep it all to myself but I'm not sure if everyone around here knows about it. But it literally updates with stock in real time. Was able to get 2 switches at a Walmart that just got em in 2 hours ago. It's useful because it's always updated and you can tell how long that store has had it in stock for.

Quick tip for all people looking for a switch, use iStockNow. At first I didn't want to share and keep it all to myself but I'm not sure if everyone around here knows about it. But it literally updates with stock in real time. Was able to get 2 switches at a Walmart that just got em in 2 hours ago. It's useful because it's always updated and you can tell how long that store has had it in stock for.
Seems way off to me. No way over 2,000 GS stores have it in stock right now....

How is the spreadsheet from the first page being updated? I mean, how do they know which GameStops are on that list?

I am certain that if you call in NYC the answer is always no regardless. Both locations near Union Sq. are saying NO even though the spreadsheet says in stock.

You're thinking only the U.S. Across seas, most don't care about Microsoft and love Nintendo. Wii was terrible Imo, but in the top 5 selling consoles in history.
Exactly. The Xbox One launch in Japan... Less than 1,000 units sold, right?

Outside of the US, Microsoft has almost no foothold. Europe/Japan seem to prefer Nintendo/Sony. The Switch (in my opinion) will definitely sell extremely well.

bread's done
Back