Nintendo Switch Console Stock Thread - Mario Odyssey bundle announced

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
The Switch is here! And some of us are still struggling to find one D:

Let's help each other out!

Keep in mind if the price in these links are over retail it's a 3rd party seller.

NowInStock and Brickseek are options for finding info on stock, but it's not very accurate sometimes- http://www.nowinstock.net/

MARIO ODYSSEY BUNDLE

Gamestop - http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey-bundle/153465

Best Buy - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey-edition-red-joy-con/5919905.p?skuId=5919905&ref=199&loc=FKSJxY2VJAk&acampID=1&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-OgVhAbX9LaZfnQUbxjDyow

Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B075N7RDTM/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20?th=1

OTHER SYSTEMS

WALMART

Splatoon 2 Bundle - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Hardware-with-Splatoon-2-Neon-Green-Neon-Pink-Joy-Cons-Nintendo-Switch/394092847?u1=&oid=223073.1&wmlspartner=FKSJxY2VJAk&sourceid=01744705420918584935&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

Gray- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Console-Gray-Joy-Con/291008375

Neon- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Console-with-Neon-Blue-and-Neon-Red-Joy-Con/714679279

BEST BUY

Gray- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-console-gray-joy-con/5670003.p?skuId=5670003

Neon- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-console-neon-red-neon-blue-joy-con/5670100.p?skuId=5670100

GAMESTOP

Gray- http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-console-with-gray-joy-con/141820

Neon- http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-console-with-neon-blue-and-neon-red-joy-con/141887

AMAZON

Gray- https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Gray-Joy-Con/dp/B01LTHP2ZK/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1489860263&sr=1-3&keywords=nintendo+switch

Neon- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MUAGZ49/ref=twister_B01N6ROMCO?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

TARGET

Gray- http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-with-gray-joy-con/-/A-52052007

Neon- http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-with-neon-blue-and-red-joy-con/-/A-52189185

Toys R Us

http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=119659196&sr=1&origkw=nintendo%20switch%20console&ff=Taxonomy&fg=Category&fd=&fv=2254197

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha, I have a friend looking for one and told him to check Greece Ridge Mall this morning based on BB's sheets. He was told they don't have any, but was also pressured to buy the Zelda bundle.

Good thing Gamestop has no track record of lying to customers...
There "replacements" for a "friend".

Actually I am curious to see if there are any more locations that drop off after business hours.

If you have anything negative to say about Nintendo justified or not. Preemptively put trip1eX on ignore because he will argue with you and derail the topic. He does that in every Nintendo thread.

I had mine for two weeks and haven't experienced any issues. Have you?

Ps...curious if GS will sell the new stock as bundles or just the system.
No issues with the one I got the other day. I'd have to believe Nintendo and assume some of the first batches had defects. So far very happy with the switch. It's just an nvidia spec tablet with some Nintendo flare.

If you have anything negative to say about Nintendo justified or not. Preemptively put trip1eX on ignore because he will argue with you and derail the topic. He does that in every Nintendo thread.
lol. no but if you say dumb sht that isn't accurate I might call you on it. And since I mostly browse Nintendo threads it shockingly usually has to do with Nintendo. Plus most of the dumb things said happen to be negative.

giphy.gif

Has anyone seen the RDS Nintendo Switch case lately? I have the deluxe but want the standard. I do not understand how a system with such limited initial production also does not have accessories that should be easy to produce. I would trade the case that came with Zelda SE for the RDS case.

Can't wait for their hardware devision to go out of business, so they can make Mario games on my Xbox and ps4.
If you are going to own only two console the PS4 + Xbone is the worst combo. Too much overlap.

BTW...that is addition and not "devision" above so I hope you follow.

Ok I just got home. I stopped at the local gamestop thats reporting low stock and the store manager tells me they are sold out.

I was also told that all 4 of their systems sold 30 minutes after they got them in. Also not true.

i can confirm that everything *EXCEPT for DLC* can be returned to gamestop for money back, did so myself

they even refunded me an extra $1 because of the tax difference between the store i ordered from and the store i returned it at lol

good luck guys

I'm guessing, its better to not even bother with the NS unless one is willing to wait hrs in line?
No I literally just walked into my GS and asked for one at around 12:45 yesterday. This was in Charlotte NC though and I guess it's not as big as other cities but it has its fair share of scalpers

No I literally just walked into my GS and asked for one at around 12:45 yesterday. This was in Charlotte NC though and I guess it's not as big as other cities but it has its fair share of scalpers
Hey, I'm in Charlotte...I just figured nobody would have them so I didn't even bother...did they have a lot there?

I'm guessing, its better to not even bother with the NS unless one is willing to wait hrs in line?
It's a YMMV type deal. When it launched, I saw several stories of people walking in to local stores and getting one. Seems to be the same case now. Some places have lines with only a few units, while others places only have a few people waiting, and more units than bodies waiting. You just need to be at the right place, near the right time. As more and more restocks begin to happen, your chances should improve each time, unless "N" starts waiting months for decent restocks, and then you may have a problem.

Hey, I'm in Charlotte...I just figured nobody would have them so I didn't even bother...did they have a lot there?
Well it wasn't really Charlotte, more like concord/kannapolis area. I picked it up at concord commons and made it there right as another guy was going in, saw him walking in kinda fast and was like, SHIT. But they had 2 so we got the last ones. Every other GameStop in the area got them in according to the spreadsheet but I went to concord commons at 12:45 and they had them chillin there.

You know a lot of us have been blasting N for producing low amounts of product in purpose to drive demand with the NES mini and Switch but when you consider the NES Mini is still largely unavailable all these months later maybe they just suck at production.
Either that or it actually take awhile to produce electronics that actually last.

Yeah, kinda surprised at this thread tbh. If you missed the Wii U Mario Kart and Splatoon are both phenomenal games but other than that I'm really surprised to see it sell like this.
I've played BOTW, snipperclips, and Bomberman R and the only game the is a real system seller in BOTW. Blaster Master Zero looks fun but I can wait. My back log is pretty deep as it is.

It's a YMMV type deal. When it launched, I saw several stories of people walking in to local stores and getting one. Seems to be the same case now. Some places have lines with only a few units, while others places only have a few people waiting, and more units than bodies waiting. You just need to be at the right place, near the right time. As more and more restocks begin to happen, your chances should improve each time, unless "N" starts waiting months for decent restocks, and then you may have a problem.
Yeah my local targets had launch stock for several days. It wasn't till Monday of the following week that they sold out. Some times hype builds up slowly. Now you can't find any near me. I was opposed to buying launch stock so I waited. Anytime, I've bought a launch day console it's died in a matter of months or has had defects. PS3...died in less than a yr, launch day PS4 died in 3 months of normal use, WII defective disk drive (launch window). Usually, the second or third stocks are the way to go.

Yeah, kinda surprised at this thread tbh. If you missed the Wii U Mario Kart and Splatoon are both phenomenal games but other than that I'm really surprised to see it sell like this.
I only want it because I can't get it. Also I had no idea it was getting a Blaster Master game until it was already sold out.

I'm not surprised, but I do think demand will die down by late april/may. It's a great concept and what the Wii U should have been. Nintendo really explained it's selling points well (like Sony did with the PS4). If they had a console+joycon version (no dock, AC adp, or various other peripherals) for 199.99-220.00 they could have a Wii hit. I think the 299.99 price point is way too high. It should be priced a bit lower. Lets face it, the switch is not as nice or useful as iPad, not as powerful as an Xbone/PS4, and I don't know how they justify the 300 bucks. The price also singled out their handheld gamers, who are use to lower priced games and systems.

I have to agree with Nintendo, they certainly made a product that appeals to those that are 5 to 95 yrs of age. Kids love tables, adults love consoles, and the casual gamers will fall in between. Pricing it better would be a smart idea. I really like the concept and the focus on gaming over multimedia is refreshing. While I don't think the switch will be a Wii success, it certainly will be far more successful than the Wii U. I bet it ends up being more popular than the Gamecube, but less popular than the Wii...Kind of like the N64's success.

You know a lot of us have been blasting N for producing low amounts of product in purpose to drive demand with the NES mini and Switch but when you consider the NES Mini is still largely unavailable all these months later maybe they just suck at production.
Either that or it actually take awhile to produce electronics that actually last.
Honestly, I've never believed that, as that would required some deep level of business acumen, and as you have stated, it really serves no great purpose in most situations. In the case of the Mini, the holiday hype is gone, and there are still a decent amount of people who want it, and there is a shit ton of money left on the table from those who bought on the secondary market, or those who just no longer care. If you are going to drive a fake demand, you need to have regular stock appearing at least here and there.

As far as the NS goes, I think they may have had to try and fix some of the defects, so that may have slowed production. But I honestly just don't think they have a clue in most things they do. Why should proper inventory be any different than voice chat, friend codes, proper account system, games that fans actually want Vs cheap cash grab software that no one wants or asked for?

Yeah my local targets had launch stock for several days. It wasn't till Monday of the following week that they sold out. Some times hype builds up slowly. Now you can't find any near me. I was opposed to buying launch stock so I waited. Anytime, I've bought a launch day console it's died in a matter of months or has had defects. PS3...died in less than a yr, launch day PS4 died in 3 months of normal use, WII defective disk drive (launch window). Usually, the second or third stocks are the way to go.
Yeah, the only systems I've ever bought at launch where "N" and Sega systems, and I never had any problems with any back in the day. I will say that the "N" of old no longer exist, at least to me, and the laundry list of NS problems pretty much backs up my own belief on the subject. But I do agree in these current times, it seems best to wait across the board, as even "N" now seems to have production issues as much as anyone else does.

Yeah, the only systems I've ever bought at launch where "N" and Sega systems, and I never had any problems with any back in the day. I will say that the "N" of old no longer exist, at least to me, and the laundry list of NS problems pretty much backs up my own belief on the subject. But I do agree in these current times, it seems best to wait across the board, as even "N" now seems to have production issues as much as anyone else does.
Really? I think the N of old is as strong as ever (let's forget about Wii U, I think they know they screwed up). Nintendo has been the only videogame brand that's stayed true to themselves year after year. They're also the only ones willing to take a risk. As a result, I'm wiling to support them. Their existence is good for gamers, haters will always hate but it's the truth. They make the best universally liked games, people young to old can play them easily and be challenged. Also, I've experienced no issues with my switch. I think it's a lot of hype and people talking because it's the newest thing. I will say it scratches like a mofo from regular use. I already have dock scratches on the back plate (but not on the screen).

Personally I only think they lost their way during the N64 and Wii U areas of gaming. I skipped out on both those consoles for good reason. I can't deny the N64 had a lot of innovation, it wasn't my cup of tea...sony had the games I wanted to play. The Wii U was just a mess, At least with the switch the message is clear, you're getting a handheld that can bridge into being a console. It's good at being both, even if the tech isn't crazy powerful as a dedicated console. .

Really? I think the N of old is as strong as ever (let's forget about Wii U, I think they know they screwed up). Nintendo has been the only videogame brand that's stayed true to themselves year after year. They're also the only ones willing to take a risk. As a result, I'm wiling to support them. Their existence is good for gamers, haters will always hate but it's the truth. They make the best universally liked games, people young to old can play them easily and be challenged. Also, I've experienced no issues with my switch. I think it's a lot of hype and people talking because it's the newest thing. I will say it scratches like a mofo from regular use. I already have dock scratches on the back plate (but not on the screen).

Personally I only think they lost their way during the N64 and Wii U areas of gaming. I skipped out on both those consoles for good reason. I can't deny the N64 had a lot of innovation, it wasn't my cup of tea...sony had the games I wanted to play. The Wii U was just a mess, At least with the switch the message is clear, you're getting a handheld that can bridge into being a console. It's good at being both, even if the tech isn't crazy powerful as a dedicated console. .
The comment you quoted, I was referring strictly to their system quality with the NS, and not them as a company, as that is a different matter entirely, and most here know my opinions on that subject anyway, so no need to state it again.

The NS is nothing like past systems, as there is wide spread Wi-Fi issues, joy-con problems, and the screen scratching is another problem for many. Outside of the 3DS screen scratching issue, or the DS hinge problems of old, this is the first wide spread problems I have seen from them at a launch EVER.

Unless the west coast is getting more restocks today I would say only about 1,500 to 1,600 stores actually got restocked out of their 4,434 stores. Which if I was to make a ballpark estimate then based on what I have seen and heard then  GS only allocated about 5,000 -6,000 units to their stores. 

Just my theory but I am assuming they got at least 3,000 - 4,000 neon consoles but they are probably being held back for the bundles.

Saw some folks waiting in line outside of the one GS that's supposed to have them in stock in my state. Wondering if they're scalpers or actually wanted them for themselves. Anyone on here from around Westfield, MA?

I went in this morning and they told me that they sold out of the neon bundles- you can still get the bundle, but it's only a grey unit now. 

I called 4 stores, all received 4. By noon I was able to get 1 as the others were sold out. Still seems like the inventory is running dry. I wouldn't have thought that the first week of release as I did see them every where but after the first weekend of release it was no where. 

Hmm running the neon again just to check got a couple new hits on the Neon immediately.

EDIT-3 new Neon locations popped up today and the 2 that have been lingering for days are gone.

Saw some folks waiting in line outside of the one GS that's supposed to have them in stock in my state. Wondering if they're scalpers or actually wanted them for themselves. Anyone on here from around Westfield, MA?
Is the sclaping rate even worth it at this point? Last I saw posted here, there wasn't much being made, but I guess people do more for less if they see s potential for a few extra bucks.

Is the sclaping rate even worth it at this point? Last I saw posted here, there wasn't much being made, but I guess people do more for less if they see s potential for a few extra bucks.
I think the rule of thumb for the professional scalpers is to sell in as much volume as they can get. Right now the profit on a switch with a BIN price on ebay is around $40+. That's a pretty solid return per item.

The 2 stores in WV are close to me, are reporting low stock on the sheet, but both stores are telling me they are sold out yesterday.

Are they just hiding them, or did they do something screwy to the inventory that makes the sheet reflect the wrong values?

The 2 stores in WV are close to me, are reporting low stock on the sheet, but both stores are telling me they are sold out yesterday.

Are they just hiding them, or did they do something screwy to the inventory that makes the sheet reflect the wrong values?
If it is more then one store then something is up. I know that the time in between it selling and it coming off the database is very minimal and the fact it is multiple stores as well.

I think the rule of thumb for the professional scalpers is to sell in as much volume as they can get. Right now the profit on a switch with a BIN price on ebay is around $40+. That's a pretty solid return per item.
$40+ isn't bad, but based on the system cost, I personally wouldn't tie up that initial cost, for that size return(to risky). If a person happens to have a defective unit in their batch, once you've dealt with the return, and everything that goes with it, yeah, that's not to appealing. But I guess if a scalper is dealing in a big enough qty, it might negate any issues.

But we see it here all the time, the big risk with a rather small return. Now if I can buy a game for $60, and sale it for $40+ in pocket, it's worth it every time, but tying up 300+ with the possible variables of system problems, it would have to be $100 for me to even consider it. But I guess each person has their own level of what it is worth to them, so great for those doing it I guess.

$40+ isn't bad, but based on the system cost, I personally wouldn't tie up that initial cost, for that size return(to risky). If a person happens to have a defective unit in their batch, once you've dealt with the return, and everything that goes with it, yeah, that's not to appealing. But I guess if a scalper is dealing in a big enough qty, it might negate any issues.

But we see it here all the time, the big risk with a rather small return. Now if I can buy a game for $60, and sale it for $40+ in pocket, it's worth it every time, but tying up 300+ with the possible variables of system problems, it would have to be $100 for me to even consider it. But I guess each person has their own level of what it is worth to them, so great for those doing it I guess.
Sure on eBay they might go for $450 which after fees and shipping you might net $50, which the amount of legwork required doesn't really seem worth it. But it you do it on Craigslist and you're making $100+ profit and never have to deal with the guy again then you're doing okay.

2 Stores I've been hunting both today (1200pm UPS) and yesterday (both opening and 12pm UPS) didn't get any in.  2 separate stores.  But the other ones in the area all report either having them for opening and insta-sellout or getting them in via UPS and (again) insta-sellout.  I think I'm putting my hunt on hold until the stock shows up.  One game doesn't seem worth the hassle.

I really hope Minnesota gets another shipment this week. All of them were gone within an hour yesterday and a lot of the stores only got 3 units. 

just got mine in west texas thanks for the updates :)

they told me i got the last one, but i saw a box of switches on the floor. so i guess they holding some for themselves...
That has been a common theme with GS employees lately with all the scarce Nintendo products.

bread's done
Back