Nintendo Switch Console Stock Thread - Mario Odyssey bundle announced

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
The Switch is here! And some of us are still struggling to find one D:

Let's help each other out!

Keep in mind if the price in these links are over retail it's a 3rd party seller.

NowInStock and Brickseek are options for finding info on stock, but it's not very accurate sometimes- http://www.nowinstock.net/

MARIO ODYSSEY BUNDLE

Gamestop - http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey-bundle/153465

Best Buy - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey-edition-red-joy-con/5919905.p?skuId=5919905&ref=199&loc=FKSJxY2VJAk&acampID=1&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-OgVhAbX9LaZfnQUbxjDyow

Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B075N7RDTM/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20?th=1

OTHER SYSTEMS

WALMART

Splatoon 2 Bundle - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Hardware-with-Splatoon-2-Neon-Green-Neon-Pink-Joy-Cons-Nintendo-Switch/394092847?u1=&oid=223073.1&wmlspartner=FKSJxY2VJAk&sourceid=01744705420918584935&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

Gray- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Console-Gray-Joy-Con/291008375

Neon- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Console-with-Neon-Blue-and-Neon-Red-Joy-Con/714679279

BEST BUY

Gray- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-console-gray-joy-con/5670003.p?skuId=5670003

Neon- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-console-neon-red-neon-blue-joy-con/5670100.p?skuId=5670100

GAMESTOP

Gray- http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-console-with-gray-joy-con/141820

Neon- http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-console-with-neon-blue-and-neon-red-joy-con/141887

AMAZON

Gray- https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Gray-Joy-Con/dp/B01LTHP2ZK/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1489860263&sr=1-3&keywords=nintendo+switch

Neon- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MUAGZ49/ref=twister_B01N6ROMCO?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

TARGET

Gray- http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-with-gray-joy-con/-/A-52052007

Neon- http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-with-neon-blue-and-red-joy-con/-/A-52189185

Toys R Us

http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=119659196&sr=1&origkw=nintendo%20switch%20console&ff=Taxonomy&fg=Category&fd=&fv=2254197

Last edited by a moderator:
I may go to Gamestop today and try to pre-order one. I want a Neon though. Anyone know if you have to put the full amount down, or ?

I may go to Gamestop today and try to pre-order one. I want a Neon though. Anyone know if you have to put the full amount down, or ?
Yes the full amount has to be put down since it is an item that has already been released.

This is so slimy. Retailers themselves are now scalping their own customers.
Walmart and I think amazon, at least for sometime, started selling the Pikachu 3ds xl for $250, $50 mark up from the $200 suggested.

What I hate about Walmart even more is third party sellers with outrageous prices, 2.1-3x list, popping up as if it's Walmart that's selling them. A discount place like Walmart should have list price and big highlighted letters that your buying from a third party.

FYI the Gamestop website is somewhat deceptive about in store orders for Switch. You can order one, but only the $450 bundle with stuff like One Two Switch that you don't really need. It should ship around 4/5

FYI the Gamestop website is somewhat deceptive about in store orders for Switch. You can order one, but only the $450 bundle with stuff like One Two Switch that you don't really need. It should ship around 4/5
Could you order a Neon?

Could you order a Neon?
No, it was Grey only. I ordered one against my better judgement, it really isn't worth it since Ont Two Switch is already selling for ~$20 used on the secondary market, so you're losing $30 right out of the box, but oh well.

No, it was Grey only. I ordered one against my better judgement, it really isn't worth it since Ont Two Switch is already selling for ~$20 used on the secondary market, so you're losing $30 right out of the box, but oh well.
I got the bundle with Snipperclips, Zelda game, guide, and DLC, and Shovel Knight Treasure Trove. Wayyyy better that 1 2 Switch lol

I got the bundle with Snipperclips, Zelda game, guide, and DLC, and Shovel Knight Treasure Trove. Wayyyy better that 1 2 Switch lol
I'd rather get 1,2, Switch than Shovel Knight. You can't return the digital code for Shovel Knight to your local store for full retail value.

I'd rather get 1,2, Switch than Shovel Knight. You can't return the digital code for Shovel Knight to your local store for full retail value.
Will they let you return the game for full value?

I saw on the flyer it said "All must be returned as a bundle."

I spent way too long dealing with the bundle yesterday, and in those hours I was informed by the store manager, the area manager, a customer service rep, and a customer service supervisor, that individual items could be returned. However, after the giant mess it all ended up turning into, I just ended up cancelling my entire bundle order. I had paid for over $400 of it in store credit, but i was surprised that they refunded the entire purchase in cash.

So far, the order still shows in my account online as paid in full, and although I instantly got a confirmation email of placing the order, there's been no confirmation that it's been cancelled. Gamestop seemed to be having some issues with their systems over the past couple days, so I imagine the cancellation confirmation is delayed.

As Maskim said, I suppose if you made a fuss to several layers of management, you could find someone who will let you return the game separately from the bundle, but typically you cannot as Im sure the whole purpose of it in the first place is to unload as many copies of 1-2 Switch as they possibly can since the price took a nosedive so quick.

I didn't make a fuss to multiple levels of management. I did make a fuss on the phone after I was called a liar and told that it's company policy to only process refunds in store credit (with a 30-60 day delay) by a representative. Management at the store and area level was cool.

I didn't make a fuss to multiple levels of management. I did make a fuss on the phone after I was called a liar and told that it's company policy to only process refunds in store credit (with a 30-60 day delay) by a representative. Management at the store and area level was cool.
Im not saying put up a fuss in a derogatory sense, just you'd have to ruffle some feathers to get someone to agree to subvert policy

Im not saying put up a fuss in a derogatory sense, just you'd have to ruffle some feathers to get someone to agree to subvert policy
Gotcha. I do see online where the bundles say they have to be returned together. Maybe the store I was at has cool management, or maybe they're pissed that another store in the area fired an employee for scalping switches. Maybe they just hadnt read the description closely and didnt realize it couldnt be returned.

So did Toys'R us have that restock they were supposed to have? I called yesterday & today and was told they didn't have any...

^You can *exchange* physical games and accessories in the bundle.
Of equal or greater value.

Just gotta find a store, with employees who aren't trying to f@#k you over.

Out of the 7 stores I asked about the bundles, 2 said yes, you can exchange.

^You can *exchange* physical games and accessories in the bundle.
Of equal or greater value.

Just gotta find a store, with employees who aren't trying to f@#k you over.

Out of the 7 stores I asked about the bundles, 2 said yes, you can exchange.
You might find stores with employees that don't care, but typically they're not supposed to, the policy is pretty clear. The whole point of the bundle is to get rid of excess stock of 1-2 Switch and not take a loss on it before they have to drop the price down to $30 in a month or so.

What I don't understand is why these stores can't either tell you when they'll be getting more or better yet allow people to preorder online and for them rather than having to wait in line and get lucky.

What I don't understand is why these stores can't either tell you when they'll be getting more or better yet allow people to preorder online and for them rather than having to wait in line and get lucky.
I am assuming one to keep their B&M relevant and two I am assuming they would sellout in seconds like the NES Classics did on Walmart.com. BestBuy.com, and Amazon.com to scalpers using bots.

I walked into a GameStop last Monday wondering if they would be getting any pro controllers or separate Neon Joycons with their new shipment that week, and the dude told me, "even if he knew that information he wouldn't tell me cause it was classified."

Sometimes the stores do tell you when they're getting more like this most recent Toys R Us restock. The reality of working in a retail store however is that you have no idea what you are going to get until the UPS driver comes and drops it off. Sometimes corporate might give stores a vague heads up to expect a restock of a certain hot item, but it's never more specific than that. When the employee tells you they have no idea when they're getting a restock of something, they aren't lying.

The whole point is to get foot traffic into the stores so that people spend money on other things. Stores don't make any money selling consoles.

The whole point is to get foot traffic into the stores so that people spend money on other things. Stores don't make any money selling consoles.
It's true. Gamestop makes all their money on selling used products. A new game that costs $59.99 the store paid about $55-57 for from the distributor.

I clearly remember having a very hard time finding a PS4 for a long time after it released, so I don't know about that.
I very much doubt Switch is doing even half the sales PS4 did at launch. It sold 1/13th of the lifetime WiiU sales on the first day. . .just in NA.

It's true. Gamestop makes all their money on selling used products. A new game that costs $59.99 the store paid about $55-57 for from the distributor.
How is Gamestop paying $55-$57 per unit when Amazon and Best Buy can sell at 20% off and presumably still make a profit? Surely Gamestop can get a better deal than that.

How is Gamestop paying $55-$57 per unit when Amazon and Best Buy can sell at 20% off and presumably still make a profit? Surely Gamestop can get a better deal than that.
Well, Amazon is probably taking a loss, as they want the traffic online, the same way GS wants it in store. The margins on games is very small, and while Amazon may get a slightly better deal than GS, there's no way they aren't taking a loss on most things offered.

GS only deals in games, and game related items. Amazon has any and everything for sale, so they are more than happy to move older inventory, or even new stuff to make room for it all. GS knows stuff will sale out eventually, and they are more than happy to sit on stuff at full price and play the waiting game, but as it's been stated, they make their money in the used market, and could really care less about new stuff 95% of the time.

GS does offer decent deals on new stuff, but only once it's been out a awhile, and is not selling as they may like. Otherwise, their happy to sale stuff at full price more often than not.

I wouldn't compare a relatively small boutique chain store to the worlds largest online retailer or a similarly large brick and mortar retailer who sells thousands of products aside from video games to make their profit.

The question isn't how many will they sell in the first week or first month. The question is whether or not sales are going to drop off completely after all the Nintendo fanatics and early adopters buy theirs.

The question isn't how many will they sell in the first week or first month are. The question is whether or not sales are going to drop off completely after all the Nintendo fanatics and early adopters buy theirs.
Yeah, I agree, as their original estimate was to sale(or was it to ship?) 2 million worldwide in the first month right? And while we are not at 1 full month yet, I must say things are looking better than I thought they would at this point, so I'll hold my tongue for now, as they may reach that goal.

With Zelda, I don't think that number was out of reach, especially at launch, but I'm curious how things will go for MK and Splatoon 2, as I don't think either one of those titles will do more than Zelda did(by moving units), so for the most part, I would think, anyone interested in either of those games will already have gotten the NS for Zelda, and are now playing the waiting game.

I know there are some out there who don't like Zelda, so there may be a small market waiting to get the NS for MK or S2, but I don't see system sales improving greatly for either one of those titles. I think the games will sale well, I just don't think they will help push units off of shelves, as most interested probably already have one. The next system selling title will be Mario at the holidays, unless some other games get announced at E3, which they might. It's very nice to see a solid first month if it continues or not, as that is the first step in the journey to 10, 20, 30 or 100 million sold.

Problem is, Nintendo will have and always shall have a huge drought.

They're notorious for it.  They release a system and a handful of games.  Then there's a six month period of... nothingness.

This system, the 6 month period is a single title drop a month.  But they only had 2-3 games launched (minus some digital crap).

I'm just tired of GS trying to one-up-sale me.  Look at my account history and see the purchases.  If you don't want to HELP ME HELP YOU make money, well fine.  BB or Walmart or Target or anyone else likes my money just as much.  I go to GS because it (sometimes) is less hassle.  But, since I've stopped actively pursuing a Switch right now, the sun is brighter, grass is greener.  I'll get one before the summer is out but the rush just isn't there.  

The low review ratings of that Heroes game sealed that for me.

The question isn't how many will they sell in the first week or first month. The question is whether or not sales are going to drop off completely after all the Nintendo fanatics and early adopters buy theirs.
It's not even a question of sharp dropoff and will only spike with each major 1st party title they release. As far as I'm concerned, I'm wondering just how many failed consoles Nintendo will make before it is beaten into their thick skull they're no longer relevant as a console maker.

Just picked one up from Target.  Their site went from "out of stock" to "limited availability" and sure enough they had several.  Glad to have one again for Zelda!

It's not even a question of sharp dropoff and will only spike with each major 1st party title they release. As far as I'm concerned, I'm wondering just how many failed consoles Nintendo will make before it is beaten into their thick skull they're no longer relevant as a console maker.
The DS is the 2nd highest selling platform of all time, Gameboy 3rd and the Wii 5th. They have the most recognizable video game characters of all time. I don't think they will be leaving the console business anytime soon.

The DS is the 2nd highest selling platform of all time, Gameboy 3rd and the Wii 5th. They have the most recognizable video game characters of all time. I don't think they will be leaving the console business anytime soon.
If the Switch bombs like the Wii U before it, it'll be hard for Nintendo to start again. And based on the current lack of big 3rd party developers, it's going to have a rough road ahead. I wouldn't be so certain that they'll continue to make gaming hardware if things don't work out.

The Switch is selling into the 3ds audience as well.  The concept is resonating with consumers.   It's still a 1st party only machine.  But it's the 1 Nintendo platform that does both handheld and console.  That's attractive.  

Fall is when we'll see what the AAA western 3rd party support looks like in terms of quality.  We know it is only going to get a few games namely FIFA, NBA 2k18 and Skyrim,  but what is the quality of those games?  Cash grabs and afterthoughts or really good versions of those games for the Switch.  Not holding my breath, but those games can sell on the Switch because it's also a portable and that is something that competition doesn't have.  But the games gotta be good versions of those games for them to have a chance.  

If the Switch bombs like the Wii U before it, it'll be hard for Nintendo to start again. And based on the current lack of big 3rd party developers, it's going to have a rough road ahead. I wouldn't be so certain that they'll continue to make gaming hardware if things don't work out.
People are buying it as a gadget. It defies common sense but I think it's a mix of customers who are casual enough to buy a system every other generation and hardcore gamers who avoided the Wii U and are compelled by all the re-rereleases. I'm still bearish on the Switch but after playing the Splatoon 2 testfire this weekend I'm starting to see the appeal of a portable system that boots instantly while my wife or kids is watching TV that I can play console-ish games for 10 or 20 minutes.

I'd say with the Wii we've seen 3rd party isn't relevant to Nintendo even in the best of times. Only possible difference this time would be their ability to support competent ports of sports games but I'm skeptical those ports will look good compared to current gen versions.

well now, isn't that a bigoted and completely untrue remark. lol

Well we'll know that within the first year since the production numbers for the Switch have been bumped from an estimated 8 million systems to 16 million systems. So if the hardware keeps flying off the shelf it will outsell the entire life of the WiiU in just one year. If Mario does come out on time, I don't think that will be a hard target to reach.

No system really launches with really great 3rd party support. Most of the third party launch games and those within the first year are typically garbage. It typically takes a while before third parties really ramp up to make great games for new systems. The more the switch sells, the harder it will be for them to ignore it.

well now, isn't that a bigoted and completely untrue remark. lol
He's is a self proclaimed troll. I almost bit and responded as well, I just stopped myself before posting.

"This just in: Gamestop blames everyone but themselves for their declining sales."

One could only hope that the gravy train is over for GS. Sure is nice to hear they aren't doing as well as they used to be and that they need to start paying more attention to consumer's interests.
Instead they are closing up to 190 stores nation wide (story is on CNN, I think).

bread's done
Back