Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread 2.0

So I got the Switch pre-ordered at Best Buy's website and the master editon of BOTW pre-ordered on Amazon and since my Best Buy is doing a midnight launch should I take the risk and just get them there? Since best buy's website won't let me switch to a in store pick up.
How do you know if your store is doing a midnight launch? I have my Switch preordered at GS and my BOTW special edition at Best Buy so I was hoping I'd be able to go to Best Buy and grab my game after getting my system.

So nothing new then, just a straight port uh? Well, that sucks, especially for $60, but I guess we'll see how it does at retail soon enough.
Right? In perspective though this is easily the best Lego game I've gotten for my son, some of them are too difficult even for me (I hate Lego movie! He gets stuck every five mins)

I hope GameStop has some non-preorder units set aside at launch. I didn't bother preordering and now I kind of want one and I'd prefer to buy it at GameStop since I have credit. :<

I hope GameStop has some non-preorder units set aside at launch. I didn't bother preordering and now I kind of want one and I'd prefer to buy it at GameStop since I have credit. :&lt;
My local GS said they will have extras for non-preorder customers. They wouldn't say how may though. Your best bet might be going to the midnight release.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

My local GS said they will have extras for non-preorder customers. They wouldn't say how may though. Your best bet might be going to the midnight release.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
The one I was in yesterday said the same thing. The guy told me to come by in the afternoon of the 2nd and he was confident they would have one for me.

Right? In perspective though this is easily the best Lego game I've gotten for my son, some of them are too difficult even for me (I hate Lego movie! He gets stuck every five mins)
Yeah, I've heard really good things about it, no question. I've been meaning to grab a Wii U copy for my son, but when I saw the NS version, I thought I would wait, and see if there was any bonus stuff added. So now, it appears there is no reason to wait.

I expected the mode to use motion controls, but I didn't expect them to be so poor. How do you get mistaken shoryuken with motion controls?! Huge lag between moving his hands and having it show up on screen, too.
Sadly, this is the reality of most 3rd parties when it comes to motion controls(or gimmick features in general), as it's an after thought more often than not. A cool feature would have been to blind fold the user, and then have the HD rumble indicate a direction where the enemies are coming from, and fight that way. Then it's a cool old school Kung-Fu master training exercise, that actually uses the HD rumble.

How do you know if your store is doing a midnight launch? I have my Switch preordered at GS and my BOTW special edition at Best Buy so I was hoping I'd be able to go to Best Buy and grab my game after getting my system.
Go to Best Buy's site and type in Nintendo Switch and it'll bring you to the splash page and then off to the right will have a thing about the midnight launch and you can find out what store will be doing one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I've heard really good things about it, no question. I've been meaning to grab a Wii U copy for my son, but when I saw the NS version, I thought I would wait, and see if there was any bonus stuff added. So now, it appears there is no reason to wait.
Really? Aren't you the guy that just bought a Wii U and isn't going to buy the Switch anytime soon. And yet you really were wondering if you should wait for the Switch version????

Really? Aren't you the guy that just bought a Wii U and isn't going to buy the Switch anytime soon. And yet you really were wondering if you should wait for the Switch version????
What part of buying it for my "son" didn't you understand? He wants a NS for Christmas, so I figured if there was extra features, I would buy the NS version instead when the time comes.

Yes, I have no plans to buy an NS for myself any time soon, as I just bought a refurbished Wii U. Why the fuck when someone just ask a basic question, do guys always feel the need to turn it in to something else? I asked a polite question, and got polite answers.

Maybe you should first focus on reading comprehension, instead of trying to start shit for no other reasons than you feel like it.

Uhhh so hey guys, what's your favorite color horse in BotW?

Mine is a tie between this one with the white and brown spotted butt:

zelda-horse-taming-1484333222326_1280w.jpg

And this funny looking grey and black one

modal_ss_11.jpg

Those update criticisms must be starring in Hot Tub Time Machine 3.

edit: Damn it. I didn't quote and lost it. Oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:
SWITCHES ARE OUT IN THE WILD! maybe?..
hdmDaqR.png

Apparently someone on Neogaf who claims to be "gaming press" has one  :whistle2:

VOKZHxG.jpg

vn8XoYA.jpg

cXMXo7H.png
Packaging

What part of buying it for my "son" didn't you understand? He wants a NS for Christmas, so I figured if there was extra features, I would buy the NS version instead when the time comes.

Yes, I have no plans to buy an NS for myself any time soon, as I just bought a refurbished Wii U. Why the fuck when someone just ask a basic question, do guys always feel the need to turn it in to something else? I asked a polite question, and got polite answers.

Maybe you should first focus on reading comprehension, instead of trying to start shit for no other reasons than you feel like it.

Ok your son wants a Switch for xmas so you're wondering if you should wait and buy Lego City Undercover for the Switch for him instead of the Wii U version even though you just bought the Wii U for yourself and you aren't getting a Switch anytime soon. Got it. Makes perfect sense. Very clear.

Did you get the white 32gb Wii U yet? I'm curious as to the condition of it. I wish they were offering a white switch but maybe that will be another reason I should wait until Odyssey comes out. Maybe by then there will be more colorful versions of the console that look more like an Nintendo console instead of just another dull boring looking old run of the mill tablet.

My local Best Buy was building their Switch kiosk today. I'm not really sure how they'll lock it down with the joycons attached but you can probably play demos soon?

My local Best Buy was building their Switch kiosk today. I'm not really sure how they'll lock it down with the joycons attached but you can probably play demos soon?
It's not a playable demo. Just a tv and touchscreen to watch videos about it.

Nice. When I think of NIntendo kiosks I think of the 3ds ones in my town that still have the PilotWings demo on them from 6 years ago. I'm always flabbergasted. Update those damn things!!! I guess they finally are... :)

Youtube Mirror

[media]https&#58;//youtu.be/NTRP4NT5NTc[/media]
No hints of a play history or accomplishments system. Nintendo has kept it bare minimum with the switch it appears far simpler than the Wii U. I'll really miss not being able to see how much time I've spent on my titles even on a yearly basis. I guess many don't care about such things sure didn't help the Wii U any &amp; since sales sucked for it Nintendo just abolished everything not absolutely necessary to save $$$.

Yeah, the OS is smooth. But it's bare - too bare. I hope there's more to it that we can't see. Perhaps achievements and the like will come when they add paid online service or something.

I would assume if there are missing features maybe there will be a day one system update that will add them.

I just want folders...I hate having demos & apps clutter up my initial screen. If I can't zoom out like on the 3DS, I would like to organize everything so that it's all in the first 4 boxes. Love the black theme though. Remember when Nintendo was talking about bringing themes to the Wii U? Lol...
I will miss play history & Miiverse...I enjoyed looking at both of those.

No hints of a play history or accomplishments system. Nintendo has kept it bare minimum with the switch it appears far simpler than the Wii U. I'll really miss not being able to see how much time I've spent on my titles even on a yearly basis. I guess many don't care about such things sure didn't help the Wii U any &amp; since sales sucked for it Nintendo just abolished everything not absolutely necessary to save $$$.
It's one of those deals where the store is going to open soon March 3rd but the Grand Opening is November 2017.

So, this is definitely because I have my Zelda blinders on, but I haven't paid any attention to I am Setsuna and it looks GREAT. I stopped playing most RPGs a while back because I'm one of those idiots that only likes Chrono Trigger and old Final Fantasy, but this seems right up that alley. Anyone here play it on a different console and can confirm if it's worth grabbing?

Here's the new trailer Nintendo posted if anyone is interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Da9yiaad7xM

So, this is definitely because I have my Zelda blinders on, but I haven't paid any attention to I am Setsuna and it looks GREAT. I stopped playing most RPGs a while back because I'm one of those idiots that only likes Chrono Trigger and old Final Fantasy, but this seems right up that alley. Anyone here play it on a different console and can confirm if it's worth grabbing?

Here's the new trailer Nintendo posted if anyone is interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Da9yiaad7xM
I saw that a bit ago &amp; thought to myself "That's how Bravely Default 3 will look on the Switch" :whistle2:

Did you get the white 32gb Wii U yet? I'm curious as to the condition of it. I wish they were offering a white switch but maybe that will be another reason I should wait until Odyssey comes out. Maybe by then there will be more colorful versions of the console that look more like an Nintendo console instead of just another dull boring looking old run of the mill tablet.
Yeah, I got it and everything looked pristine. Sorry I haven't posted any pics, but I've been a little busy over the last week or two. The cables where all in packages, and twist tied as they originally came. The only issue was that it comes in a generic white box, but otherwise it appears new. No scuffs, scratches, or any signs of use.

The Nintendo Land was opened, but the disc was pristine as well. I haven't had time to test the Wii U yet, which wouldn't really matter if it was defective or not, as I would have to go through their warranty service, since it wasn't bought through Ebay, but I just need to unplug my son's unit for a few minutes, and plug mine in, so that way I can keep everything packaged up, since I have no idea when I may use this thing.

Yeah, I agree the colors of the NS aren't really to my liking either. I'm sure they will have some better offerings down the road, as we all know how they love to milk the SE handhelds. Hopefully if and when they offer some decent colors, they make more than 5 units available at retail. LOL

I saw that a bit ago &amp; thought to myself "That's how Bravely Default 3 will look on the Switch" :whistle2:
As someone who loves Chrono Trigger and has already played this game on PC, it's ... OK. It does have that CT feeling for the first hour or so. But the characters are unmemorable, there's only one type on environment (SNOW) and the story is pretty lackluster.

If you're looking for the next Chrono Trigger, dampen your expectations. If you're looking for a budget RPG heavily influenced by CT, you should be OK.

That's pretty cool. It looks like IGN has their review units in too. I can't wait to pick up mine.
Few people had their shipped early that aren't review units.

Edit, added a spoiler for those that don't want to ruin the box opening for themselves.
Opening of the box, the box has setup instructions on it.

JAg7eYA-h_qjK36bcpqCg0pxF8wSR6KWU9-CavYoESg.png

bread's done
Back