Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread 2.0

So sad but true.

Unrelated, but is your user name after the 80's Bronx gangster?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
No, it's from some idiot who kept posting negative reviews of Curb Your Enthusiasm DVDs on Amazon, and referring to Larry David as Larry Davis. I just thought it was really funny, and it works as a legit fake name too.

I found out about the other Larry Davis a couple of years ago.

There is violence, profanity but no sex so I am considering it. Deadpool would have been too much because of the sex. He has watched it several times now and fast forwards or does not pay attention to the sex scenes.

Taking a 9 year old to see Logan? Maybe not the best parenting idea?

There is violence, profanity but no sex so I am considering it. Deadpool would have been too much because of the sex. He has watched it several times now and fast forwards or does not pay attention to the sex scenes.
LOL, Americas backwards culture. Dismemberment and killing is ok. But sex is bad.... Boggles the mind.

Opinions, opinions, opinions. Of course you believe the other culture is the one that's backwards.

Anyway, imo, I wouldn't let my own young kid watch R movies and not most PG-13. Still my opinion, but I wouldn't want to inundate my young kid's mind with excessive violence, profanity, or sexual stuff. Better to teach him that stuff exists in the proper way--no need for those things to serve as entertainment. Agree to disagree--don't tell people how to raise their own kids lol

Interesting...Amazon.com required me to enter a CAPTCHA before it would even direct me to the main page. Then I had to enter a second CAPTCHA in order to sign in. 

Maybe Amazon is cancelling orders due to a recent flood of bots? Idk

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to rain on anybody's parade but I'm curious if you guys that are super excited for Switch do not have a WiiU to play Breath of the Wild? I honestly don't see anything else worth getting the Switch for until later on in the year.

I have a Wii U and plenty of games. I have all the major releases but my son plays Scribblenauts as much as or more than the other games. Many of the Wii U games were remakes of older Nintendo games but I bought them for the improved graphics. I am just excited about the potential for the Switch. At this point Zelda is the only game that I pre ordered.

Not to rain on anybody's parade but I'm curious if you guys that are super excited for Switch do not have a WiiU to play Breath of the Wild? I honestly don't see anything else worth getting the Switch for until later on in the year.
I'm going to get the Switch at some point, so might as well get it now and get a better Zelda experience. Holding off means at best I'll save $50 on a bundle by the time the holidays arrive.

I had a wii u with some games as well. I ended up selling to a mom and pop shop to help fund my switch.

I played it very little, I was ready to let it go.

I'm going to get the Switch at some point, so might as well get it now and get a better Zelda experience. Holding off means at best I'll save $50 on a bundle by the time the holidays arrive.
Pretty much this, the WII U didn't see a discount in 4 years & people have convinced themselves that by the holidays the switch will be $200 HAHA lunacy... I don't have a handheld now so the Switch fills that void.

Playing Zelda at the airport will be much easier on the Switch. It's much more difficult to casually walk up to a cute girl playing her Switch, sit down, pull your Wii U out of your bag, connect the brick, plug it into a socket, pull out the Gamepad...

By the time you get it going and coyly look over at her, she'll be gone. I'm heavily relying on this to improve my love life.
Don't tell my wonderful partner who is waking up at 6am to come to the Switch event with me tomorrow that I said that.

Pretty much this, the WII U didn't see a discount in 4 years & people have convinced themselves that by the holidays the switch will be $200 HAHA lunacy... I don't have a handheld now so the Switch fills that void.
The Wii U launched for $300 but I was able to buy a used one for about $170 just a few months after launch. I expect the Switch to show up on Amazon Warehouse deals fairly quickly just like every other console.

got a Wii U. Getting a Switch.

eager to check out new hardware and will get games like 1 2 Switch and Arms as well as Zelda.

Not sure what to do with Wii U though. I always sell my old consoles. But have so much digital. i have Miis from the Wii era as well. But I know it just won't be used going forward. Not enough time in the day to play today's games as it is.

Even though its grossly overpriced IMO, I might get Ultra Street Fighter 2 on the Nintendo Switch.I will be buying 2 pro controllers and since the system is completely portable, it would be nice to whip out the switch during lunch time at work and be able to get in a few street fighter matches for fun at anytime with my coworkers.

I was able to buy a used one for about $170 just a few months after launch.
tumblr_m94fc3uIde1qjrvvx.gif

Didn't the Wii u 32gb launch at 349?

Quick Google search says yes.

Best Buy has been selling Pro Controller pre-orders for several days, while Amazon only had them up for 5 minutes. It seems fishy to me. How are you guys planning to get a Pro Controller? My Amazon pre-order doesn't have a delivery date yet, and I'm not fully convinced that Best Buy will have enough of them to fulfill pre-orders.

If you want to buy a brand new Switch it may take a while before Nintendo has an official sale. But every system has had massive discounts within a few months. The PS4 Pro even showed up for $300 on Amazon Warehouse Deals 2 days after launch.

How are so many people on a site called Cheap Ass Gamer unaware of these deals?

Fun Wii U story: I sold one of my motorcycles to someone today ( :cry: ) and he saw the Wii U gamepad and said "Oh is that the new Wii? My kids have been asking me for that." I explained what it was, that there's a new one coming, so on and so forth. He just replies "So... it doesn't just connect to the old Wii console?"

Oh Nintendo, please never do this again.  :rofl:

Best Buy has been selling Pro Controller pre-orders for several days, while Amazon only had them up for 5 minutes. It seems fishy to me. How are you guys planning to get a Pro Controller? My Amazon pre-order doesn't have a delivery date yet, and I'm not fully convinced that Best Buy will have enough of them to fulfill pre-orders.
Amazon only had the Zelda amiibo up for a few moments also. I think they're just playing it safe, and/or putting out a smaller first run then releasing the rest of the confirmed stock at launch.

Fun Wii U story: I sold one of my motorcycles to someone today ( :cry: ) and he saw the Wii U gamepad and said "Oh is that the new Wii? My kids have been asking me for that." I explained what it was, that there's a new one coming, so on and so forth. He just replies "Oh... so it doesn't just connect to the old Wii console?" Oh Nintendo, please never do this again. :rofl:
I'm trying to picture this scenario. Why was your Wii U Gamepad near your motorcycle?

I'm trying to picture this scenario. Why was your Wii U Gamepad near your motorcycle?
We came inside to switch over the title, gamepad was on the table.

Jk I was testing Nintendium for my youtube channel, and running over the gamepad repeatedly to see how long it would last. Still works!

You got me... those were both lies. I'm actually the protagonist from Tron Legacy, this is my apartment:

i3DFCM6.jpg

If you want to buy a brand new Switch it may take a while before Nintendo has an official sale. But every system has had massive discounts within a few months. The PS4 Pro even showed up for $300 on Amazon Warehouse Deals 2 days after launch.

How are so many people on a site called Cheap Ass Gamer unaware of these deals?
might have something to do with target cyber monday selling it for $325 and amazon priced match them. so amazon warehouse would sell used one for $300... ps4 slim were down to $200.

I pre ordered after Nintendo direct expecting to cancel my preorder and just get BotW for WiiU. The closer we get to the launch the hype has got me. Def not going to cancel now. I have LOZ BotW special edition, Bomberman, 1-2 switch, extra set of joy cons and a pro controller on preorder. I'll be honest the $25 off $100 at BB (plus GCU) has made this a much easier decision since Nintendo games hardly go on sale. I figure this is probably the cheapest I'll get these games/ controllers for anyway.

Amazon also only had the Zelda amiibo up for a few moments also. I think they're just playing it safe, and/or putting out a smaller first run then releasing the rest of the confirmed stock at launch.
Yeah, I'd usually bet Amazon over Best Buy for pre-orders. I pre-ordered the last batch of Zelda amiibo from Best Buy and they messed that order up. I've had Amazon mess things up on a few occasions too though. I currently have a Neon Switch, Zelda Master Edition and a Pro Controller ordered from Amazon. And a Neon Switch, the Zelda amiibo and a Pro Controller ordered from Best Buy. I'm still weighing out all of the rewards stuff and discounts. (I used the Visa Checkout deal for some of the Best Buy stuff.)

Well I throughly enjoyed it at the Switch event. Granted I haven't played a Bomberman since the Wii. I pre-ordered a physical copy in case this a limited run physical version.

The gameplay was fast and frantic as ever, especially towards the end of a round, when many of the intervening blocks had been blown away and it was a race to see who could trick the other person into stepping into a dangerous part of the map, while avoiding danger yourself.
The controls in Super Bomberman R are very simple, which makes them a great fit for the Switch's Joy-Con controller.

So again, I enjoyed it. I see myself playing this with my wife for hours.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Seems promising, this is kinda what i was expecting, haven't played a Bman game in years to end, but i still love him to death. The snes games for them were soooooo good. Thanks for that, might just preorder this also.

From what I've gathered there's 50SP stages with bosses. So about as robust as a SP bomberman can get :whistle2:

8 stages were shown for Multiplayer (online and off) but they mentioned that you can unlock stages and characters.

There was also slots for 4 more in the vanilla MP modes and another panel for a potential 12 more stages.

Whether they're alternatives of the original or completely new we don't know. Point is up to 24 stages MP.

Plus a ton of unlockable vanity items and stuff like that.

As for gameplay, it's bomberman you either like it or you don't. 8 player online will be nuts though :D/
Awesome, like i said above this sounds pretty good, and my GF and I i'm pretty sure we will enjoy playing the heck out of it in local or online. Sounds like something i can spend alot of time playing. Thanks both of you for the feedback.

I got a WiiU, pretty late to the party to say myself. But i did love what i played. Still currently playing a couple of other games before the switch comes out. But BOTW, Bomberman, MK8 (never played it on WiiU), Splatoon 2, Etc. I'm pretty hyped tbh. Specially with Zelda.

You're not wrong. For me, the jump to 900p, better environmental sound, better draw distances, faster load times etc. make it worth the jump. Plus I hate the GamePad and Wii U Pro Controller. I'm really hoping that Joy-Con and Switch Pro Controllers are a step up.

Damn so I was only going to get BOTW, MK8, Splatoon 2 and Mario. But you guys are talking up bomberman single player.

Damn so I was only going to get BOTW, MK8, Splatoon 2 and Mario. But you guys are talking up bomberman single player.
don't forget puyo puyo tetris and i heard everyone that tried arms loved it... you might also want to get a pro controller lol.

I was watching some videos on it and definitely now convinced, seems like a solid launch with BOTW

Has Been Heroes also seems quite interesting, not going to buy it at launch but definitely interested.

Am I the only one more excited for bomberman than zelda. Then again ive never been much of a zelda fan. I liked the link to the past, minish cap, link between worlds games more than the open world games for some reason.

Am I the only one more excited for bomberman than zelda. Then again ive never been much of a zelda fan. I liked the link to the past, minish cap, link between worlds games more than the open world games for some reason.
Getting Bomberman R on launch day as I wait for Zelda to ship.

I've been a Bomberman fan since Atomic Bomberman that was made by Interplay Entertainment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOtCVIMFJu0

Huge fan of bomberman. Have all the old games since the SNES days, right up until the release of the GameCube/DS. I'm probably looking forward to it more than Zelda, simply because I'm not an open world kind of gamer (despite being a bigger fan of Zelda). Have the new game pre-ordered but won't be playing it until an LE console is announced or Splatoon 2 is released.

(On an unrelated note: the new poll is crap. Where's my RE7 option? : P http://nintendoenthusiast.com/news/capcom-wants-to-bring-aaa-titles-to-switch-looking-at-resident-evil-7-for-switch/)

I added Bomberman to my preorders once I found out it could support 8 players. It's no 10-player Saturn Bomberman, but I would say a close second now. Been a bomberfan (I'm trademarking that name!) since it landed on the TG-16 and it's been more fun than any "casual" game out now.

Now how does one balance Bomberman and Zelda day 1? Seriously, it's mind boggling! Do I remember my glory years blowing stuff up, or take Link on an all new adventure? Decisions.... I need to get a second switch and learn to play 2 games simultaneously!

Also forgot about I am Setsuna.... was agitated that they canceled the US Vita version before launch, but now I can have it in a portable AND big screen.

So thanks to best buy's visa check out giving me 25 off dollars 100 dollars purchases and GCU I made two orders

Order 1 for 88 dollars

Super Bomberman R

Binding Of Isssac

1 2 Switch

Order 2 for exactly 100 dollars

Switch Pro Controller

Doctor Strange

Hunter x Hunter set 2

Plus my Switch and Master Edition of BOTW.

Really should be careful with my money before March 3rd. Though exactly 1 week before the Switch releases I do have a pay check that should be around 150 to 200.

Opinions, opinions, opinions. Of course you believe the other culture is the one that's backwards.

Anyway, imo, I wouldn't let my own young kid watch R movies and not most PG-13. Still my opinion, but I wouldn't want to inundate my young kid's mind with excessive violence, profanity, or sexual stuff. Better to teach him that stuff exists in the proper way--no need for those things to serve as entertainment. Agree to disagree--don't tell people how to raise their own kids
I watched Robocop many times on VHS as a childe, and I turned out fine! Did I get in trouble at school for telling people "you're gonna be a baaad motherfucker"? Sure, but it was worth it.

Where are those teachers now? Probably as dead as fuckin Clarence Boddicker, and I was prepared for the modern hellscape of corporate-wasteland America.

Honestly, I would say give the Switch version a pass and pick up the Wii U version instead. The Switch version might be good, but the Wii U version had several features that actually took advantage of the various functions of the Wii U gamepad. Actual gameplay occurred using the unique experience of the gamepad. It was actually one of the better titles for showcasing the Wii U's unique offerings. Most of those extra elements will probably be squeezed down into the Switch's single screen, so I can't imagine them being better on the Switch.

Unless you just REALLY want to play Lego City: Undercover on the go, I would say just get the $20 Wii U re-release instead. That is assuming that you actually have a Wii U.
The problem with Lego City on WiiU was the load times. If they fixed that on NS, it's a must buy for me (when the price drops a bit).

Anyone else order an extra set of joycons, a pro controller, AND a charging grip? Was thinking about about ordering a charging grip as part of the BB Visa Checkout promo since I need a $30 item to hit $100, but Im having a hard time talking myself into it. I rarely play games with friends that require three traditional controllers. I figure an extra set of joycons and a pro controller will be enough to cover bomberman, mario kart, and ARMS.

On the flip side it would be nice to have all my joycons attached to a grip while my Switch is docked.... :whistle2:k
If you're gonna buy an extra set of Joy Cons, then you should probably get the Charging Grip, since you can't charge two at the same time on the Switch tablet.

You're not wrong. For me, the jump to 900p, better environmental sound, better draw distances, faster load times etc. make it worth the jump. Plus I hate the GamePad and Wii U Pro Controller. I'm really hoping that Joy-Con and Switch Pro Controllers are a step up.
I also don't like the GamePad and Wii U Pro controller much, mostly because of the placement of the face buttons. I think just having the face buttons be where they're supposed to be will make the Switch controllers much more comfortable for people like you and I.

Let's try put this thread back on track.

The new issue of gameinformer looks fantastic

W7cv8De.jpg
The artwork really is beautiful. I really recommend everyone picking the issue up if they aren't subscribed. Has a good amount of info, but not enough that it feels spoilery.

I selected Overwatch for the poll, but the title I would probably most like on the Switch is Titanfall 2, just so the developer who laughed at the idea of it running on Switch would be forced to work on it. :p

tbh I feel like the best things for the Switch would be indie stuff like Hyper Light Drifter, Nuclear Throne, etc. People are getting too focused on "CONSOLE GAMES BUT PORTABLE!!!" when I see this more as a middle ground

bread's done
Back