Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread 2.0

I like the fact that it isn't that difficult to dismantle the Switch, and I especially like that it is possible to change out the battery, even if that operation requires a certain amount of dissassembly. With portable systems replacing the battery is always an issue where longevity is concerned. I'm still wondering when I will need to try swapping out the battery in my Vita.
Yes I was very happy to see it don't appear to be glued in. In fact I'm happy to see that it's such a modular design that even the micro sd slot & game card slot's are replaceable. Appears the flash memory is also on it's own board. The metal shield over the board will add much structural integrity. Nintendo not only designed this to be a sleek adult looking device but a fairly kiddie proof one as well. I'm getting more excited for this thing by the day.

Zelda Breath of the Wild Game Box & Cartridge

n8Seqfz.jpg
xlnXshN.jpg

so will 3ds eshop codes worth on switch ....... sitting on like 50 bucks and not really want to tie it to my 3ds if i can use it on switch.. then again i dont think there has been any news on a switch shop
Switch is confirmed to use the eShop, so yes. You can probably assume the Switch will share a balance with your 3DS and Wii U, but to be on the safe side I'd wait to redeem that card on the Switch itself.

So instead of buying the overpriced NS branded AC adapter, all I need is this cable https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00S8GU2OC/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A1AMUYYA3CT6HJ&psc=1 and an iPhone wall plug right? Looking for another charge option for another room.
Almost everything including iPhone will be going to type C connector. Lg and other phones already have it, the Mac and slot of new tablets.
I'm assuming that if switch is using this connector it must be Qualcomm 2 or 3 which is fast charging. Ur Apple charger will be ok, but if u SD they often post great deals on the cables and chargers.
Knowing that, I believe I read it, the switch will not have a wired internet connection I already go two USB ones, one for about $6 and one with a C adopter and 3 USB connector on it.

As for chargers u can find on SD a lot of Q-2 deals as the Q-3 has come out and is becoming the new standard in fast charging.

Or I could just be full of it!

Switch is confirmed to use the eShop, so yes. You can probably assume the Switch will share a balance with your 3DS and Wii U, but to be on the safe side I'd wait to redeem that card on the Switch itself.
man i hope there are tons of games to buy on the eshop day 1 for the switch.. doubt it but i can dream..... wont have nothing to play on the switch until a week later... hope to get zelda off gamefly day 1 (maybe bomberman) only games im looking at buying is

no more heroes and disgaea 5 (hopefully gamefly rents no way)

Last edited by a moderator:
The guardian amiibo box is huge. Also: new Zelda amiibo come with a new Nintendo logo.
[youtube]https://youtu.be/LLe9e2Md-kY[/youtube]

EDIT: Damn..someone posted it before I gave up on figuring out how to embed lol.
Lol leave it to gamexplain to do a 10 minute unboxing where nothing gets opened... smh. Jokes aside, I do love their in depth content. Interesting the embargo gets lifted feb 23. Hopefully nintendo drops some info on VC, and online features.

Zelda Breath of the Wild Game Box & Cartridge

n8Seqfz.jpg
xlnXshN.jpg
No gold cartridge :\ sad

so will 3ds eshop codes worth on switch ....... sitting on like 50 bucks and not really want to tie it to my 3ds if i can use it on switch.. then again i dont think there has been any news on a switch shop
We don't even know if the online account system is going to work. Im all digital but I'm not spending money on the eShop until Nintendo shows it working on the switch.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I decided to wait for the fall to get a Switch, but I did preorder the special edition of Zelda for the Switch.  Man, I really, really really want to play it.  Kind of kicking myself for not getting a switch.  Now I'm wondering if I should pick up the WiiU version or just get the Switch now?  (if/when I find one)

I decided to wait for the fall to get a Switch, but I did preorder the special edition of Zelda for the Switch. Man, I really, really really want to play it. Kind of kicking myself for not getting a switch. Now I'm wondering if I should pick up the WiiU version or just get the Switch now?
I'm getting the Master Edition and I'm selling just the game and putting that money towards a Wii U version.

I decided to wait for the fall to get a Switch, but I did preorder the special edition of Zelda for the Switch. Man, I really, really really want to play it. Kind of kicking myself for not getting a switch. Now I'm wondering if I should pick up the WiiU version or just get the Switch now? (if/when I find one)
Seems cheaper in the long run to just get a Switch now. There will be some extras units available at a few retailers (Gamestop, Best Buy, etc) and of course local video game stores. But I guess that's only if the portability and enhanced visuals/sound of the Switch version appeal to you.

Whether you buy a Switch or the Wii U version I wouldn't wait to play Zelda, though. Otherwise no matter how hard you try, it will end up getting spoiled for you.

I decided to wait for the fall to get a Switch, but I did preorder the special edition of Zelda for the Switch. Man, I really, really really want to play it. Kind of kicking myself for not getting a switch. Now I'm wondering if I should pick up the WiiU version or just get the Switch now? (if/when I find one)
There's nothing wrong with waiting on getting a Switch. A lot of people are saying they want to wait until the fall, when it will be closer to the release of Mario Odyssey. This is perfectly reasonable.

The question for you is your pre-order of the special edition of Zelda. Personally, I would cancel the pre-order for the special edition of Zelda. If modern game releases are any indication, most "special" editions are still available for purchase months after a game is released, and frequently go on sale as well. While there is a SLIGHT chance that the special edition of Zelda for the Switch will be in short supply, I really don't think it's very likely. The chances are much better that you would be able to pick up a copy on sale later in the year when you actually decide to get the system to play it on, and possibly for less money.

There's nothing wrong with waiting on getting a Switch. A lot of people are saying they want to wait until the fall, when it will be closer to the release of Mario Odyssey. This is perfectly reasonable.

The question for you is your pre-order of the special edition of Zelda. Personally, I would cancel the pre-order for the special edition of Zelda. If modern game releases are any indication, most "special" editions are still available for purchase months after a game is released, and frequently go on sale as well. While there is a SLIGHT chance that the special edition of Zelda for the Switch will be in short supply, I really don't think it's very likely. The chances are much better that you would be able to pick up a copy on sale later in the year when you actually decide to get the system to play it on, and possibly for less money.
I would agree most of the time in waiting on SE is a good idea, as most are often over produced, but based on "N" track record for this type of item, I would recommend him keeping his preorder, and getting extra if the chance presents itself.

This sold out almost immediately, and besides a few places maybe having extra stock at launch, I doubt this will be in great qty any where.

If it's anything like the Wii U "sold out" isn't really "sold out" the pre-orders units are totally sold out.

Isn't gamestop hold limit 3 days? Just wait 3 days then check to see if they have any extra units.

Just sold some stuff, so now if I can find a Switch I can get one at launch! Hopefully I can find one! Will Best Buy midnight release be my best bet, or gamestop? Then if that fails I guess I could try Target in the morning.

It looks like they've changed the NNID system, and are now going by a "user ID" which you can now set on your online account.
Im not really creative when it comes to names so I might just stick with my current Nintendo ID, as my profile name. Can also happily say that my Switch and BOTW copy are paid off and now the wait for the next 11 days are gonna be brutal.

Im not really creative when it comes to names so I might just stick with my current Nintendo ID, as my profile name. Can also happily say that my Switch and BOTW copy are paid off and now the wait for the next 11 days are gonna be brutal.
Same. Playing Zelda yesterday only intensified my hype. I got destroyed by that rock monster time and time again during my playthrough, I can't wet to get my revenge on that big ugly jerk.

I stick with the same setup so I can always remember it. I have way too much other shit to remember from work, KISS.

Almost everything including iPhone will be going to type C connector. Lg and other phones already have it, the Mac and slot of new tablets.
I'm assuming that if switch is using this connector it must be Qualcomm 2 or 3 which is fast charging. Ur Apple charger will be ok, but if u SD they often post great deals on the cables and chargers.
Knowing that, I believe I read it, the switch will not have a wired internet connection I already go two USB ones, one for about $6 and one with a C adopter and 3 USB connector on it.

As for chargers u can find on SD a lot of Q-2 deals as the Q-3 has come out and is becoming the new standard in fast charging.

Or I could just be full of it!
It is extremely unlikely that Qualcomm QuickCharge of any sort would be supported with this being developed with Nvidia and not Qualcomm. USB C does have fast charge capabilities but I don't know if the Switch will support them.

Does anyone have experience with Best Buy and release date delivery? I'm a little worried my order from them won't arrive on the 3rd. 

For everyone buying a Switch Pro controller, Best Buy says that it comes with a USB-C cable. Just so y'all know.
You may have answered a future GS Switch Pro Controller trade in question.

"Do we need to trade in the USB-C cable with the Pro Controller?"

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm playing Twilight Princess HD right now to build up my wolf link amiibo and I'm so hyped. The next week and a half are going to be so long 😩

Does anyone have experience with Best Buy and release date delivery? I'm a little worried my order from them won't arrive on the 3rd.
Best buy gave Me my Xbox one on day one

Does anyone have experience with Target and release date delivery? I'm a little worried my order from them won't arrive on the 3rd.
They had it available before anyone else.

Best buy gave Me my Xbox one on day one

Does anyone have experience with Target and release date delivery? I'm a little worried my order from them won't arrive on the 3rd.
They had it available before anyone else.
I ordered through Target when they first went up for pre-order as well and according to my order status, mine will arrive between March 7-10...bummer. I'm guessing they won't be shipping mine until release day. Here's to hoping we both get ours a little sooner than the estimated March 7-10 window my account is showing.

how early should i be at best buy if i don't have a preorder to try and snag one?
Try and ask your store about how many units they'll have extra. You might have some luck and get info, but maybe not. Check if they're doing a midnight launch, get there early and ask employees how the line system works for the extra consoles and just hang out.

For morning launch, as early as you're willing to wake up.

I ordered through Target when they first went up for pre-order as well and according to my order status, mine will arrive between March 7-10...bummer. I'm guessing they won't be shipping mine until release day. Here's to hoping we both get ours a little sooner than the estimated March 7-10 window my account is showing.
I've been wondering the same thing. It'll stink if it shows up on the following week, but I still have hopes that it will ship on Wednesday of next week.

bread's done
Back