Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread 2.0

Personally waiting for new colors for the joy cons even if they throw in a hand job
lol Fall release and even an E3 announcement is my guess. Multiple colored controllers are a gold mine. Just look at what Microsoft has done with their 1st party line. Options range from any color you want, having your name etched into the controller and then to "pro" controllers which are top of the line regarding comfort and quickness.

That said, I would love to have 8 different colored cons. But these bluetooth issues are making me totally wait till Fall. Even if the syncing issues get patched so the signal is stronger, battery life in the cons will suffer. Got tired of having to plug in my gamepad way too often......Here's hoping for some more good news leading up to the launch WHICH IS LESS THAN A WEEK AWAY!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Because NoA sucks ASS!

That wasn't always the case, but I would say it's probably been that way for the last 10 years at least.
Its always been the case. From the NES releasing in JP during 1983, then coming to NA in 1985 and then EU getting it three frickin years later, it's no wonder the Master system was more popular in Europe. Don't even bring up old memories of all the cool swag from Club Nintendo that were exclusive to each region.

I'm just tired of a VC title coming out in JP and then six months later it comes to NA. Or a VC game that releases in NA and drops in EU a year later. That's just absurd to me in this day and age. But again, Nintendo is being themselves. They haven't changed. I'll take what I can get(at a CAG discount of course :))

The IR emitter on these joycons must be junk. I hope thsee are just a bad batch and/or Nintendo gets this fixed asap.
You do realize controllers haven't used IR emitters in YEARS right? The right Joycon has IR for shape recognition, beyond that, it's all bluetooth.

Hey guys. I watched a lot of the unboxing videos and first impressions. Just wanted to let everyone know that after a lot of thinking about it I've decided to not cancel my Switch preorder. I just don't have any questions about it. It plays Nintendo video games on the go. I guess the only real questions is whether they make any games after Mario Odyssey but I guess I'll just take my chances.

Hey guys. I watched a lot of the unboxing videos and first impressions. Just wanted to let everyone know that after a lot of thinking about it I've decided to not cancel my Switch preorder. I just don't have any questions about it. It plays Nintendo video games on the go. I guess the only real questions is whether they make any games after Mario Odyssey but I guess I'll just take my chances.
Thank you for the update.

Don't the joycons last roughly 20 hours? Even if they patched it in with a higher signal strength that took 5 hours off id still think 15 hours is a pretty good time frame. It'd more than last the average person on a single charge.

You do realize controllers haven't used IR emitters in YEARS right? The right Joycon has IR for shape recognition, beyond that, it's all bluetooth.
Well, apparently he didn't know(hence why he said IR). I thought these issues were IR too until I remembered its just in the right con, so it's weak Bluetooth signals. No need to shame the person, just inform them its Bluetooth not IR as that tech is only in the right one.

I know a good amount of people are getting nervous about this syncing issue, but lets not turn on each other so quick. Hopefully its a firmware issue that can be resolved and not a hardware one that'd require a recall or waiting until new cons are released with a stronger signal. We're all Nintendo fans here, so lets put on our hopeful faces & be patient and try to understand. Look at the positive side of things

Well, apparently he didn't know(hence why he said IR). I thought these issues were IR too until I remembered its just in the right con, so it's weak Bluetooth signals. No need to shame the person, just inform them its Bluetooth not IR as that tech is only in the right one.

I know a good amount of people are getting nervous about this syncing issue, but lets not turn on each other so quick. Hopefully its a firmware issue that can be resolved and not a hardware one that'd require a recall or waiting until new cons are released with a stronger signal. We're all Nintendo fans here, so lets put on our hopeful faces & be patient and try to understand. Look at the positive side of things
Didn't say it to shame, I probably could have came off less forward, but misinformation is never good.

I preordered a neon switch from best buy right when they went live after the presentation and the order status still says WILL SHIP WHEN AVAILABLE. My friend ordered a neon switch as well after me and even had his payment denied for a bit and his says shipping March 3rd. Does anyone have the same problem or had something like this happen in the past? Im just curious to know if Ill be getting day one or way down the line. Thanks.

Didn't say it to shame, I probably could have came off less forward, but misinformation is never good.
No worries, just trying to help bring back the hype in this thread. I'm still excited and can't wait till next Friday. Though I'm not getting a Switch at launch, I almost want to go down to the stores to feel the vibe in the air and see everyone's happy faces when they get their Switch!!!

Between Nintendo's lack of transparency with virtual console, chat options, limited product availability, and now the joycon issue (https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=sFWTD0Lftjw) ... I'm really reconsidering future early adoptions.

Hopefully the joycon issue is not happening with the pro controller.
It is not a problem with the pro controller. You would have heard about that by now. The issue so far points to the signal being blocked by your hands (Bluetooth doesn't travel well through water, IE the human body) The small controllers and longer distances from the base are the leading causes of the issue.

When I preordered it through GameStop.com, the game's page said that I would receive it with the game.
If they don't ship the map, I'll just return it and get it at BB with the GCU discount. Since I got free 2 day shipping with this order, I'm not risking anything.
I guess I must had ordered it when shipping was unavailable or I didn't want to pay the shipping fee, but I believe only option I saw was pickup.
That's why I was asking, Bc that's where the inventory of the map becomes a problem. What I heard is some employees hand out the map to everyone that gets the game, but it's only for preorders, and then they run out.

I texted my nephew about this game and he asked why I wanted the game, from the videos he's seen he's not impressed .

nah they'll just call it quits

No worries, just trying to help bring back the hype in this thread. I'm still excited and can't wait till next Friday. Though I'm not getting a Switch at launch, I almost want to go down to the stores to feel the vibe in the air and see everyone's happy faces when they get their Switch!!!
YES!!! Switchmas is next week! Granted, I keep peeking over my Amazon orders to make sure my BotW ME hasn't been cancelled (it hasn't) and now wondering if I want Shovel Knight or Fast RMX....

YES!!! Switchmas is next week! Granted, I keep peeking over my Amazon orders to make sure my BotW ME hasn't been cancelled (it hasn't) and now wondering if I want Shovel Knight or Fast RMX....
If you have a Wii U, Shovel Knight is discounted to $9.99 until March 2nd. It comes with all the dlc for free too. I highly suggest you get it now cause once the deal is over on Wii U, the game and the dlc will cost $24.99 come April when the dlc drops on all platforms. Too bad it's not cross buy for the Switch like I thought it was

Edited to clear things up

If you have a Wii U, Shovel Knight is discounted to $9.99 until March 2nd. It comes with all the dlc for free + you'll get the Switch version too since its cross buy(devs confirmed this cause they're awesome). I highly suggest you get it now cause once it's March 3rd, the game and the dlc will cost $24.99
Do you have a link confirming that this is cross buy with the Switch version? I've tried to find it and came up with nothing yet.

If you have a Wii U, Shovel Knight is discounted to $9.99 until March 2nd. It comes with all the dlc for free + you'll get the Switch version too since its cross buy(devs confirmed this cause they're awesome). I highly suggest you get it now cause once it's March 3rd, the game and the dlc will cost $24.99
Wait, what? They have specifically said it ISN'T cross-buy in the past, do you have a source?

Super hype to hear Fast RMX is a launch title. Day one buy for me :)
Did they announce the price for it?

Too bad these games didn't announce they were coming on launch day sooner.
Most gamers and casuals gamers won't go back to look at new information to see that the Switch launched with more games.

Did they announce the price for it?

Too bad these games didn't announce they were coming on launch day sooner.
Most gamers and casuals gamers won't go back to look at new information to see that the Switch launched with more games.
Haven't seen a price for it yet. I'm hoping it's $15 like Fast Racing NEO was though.

Haven't seen a price for it yet. I'm hoping it's $15 like Fast Racing NEO was though.
I played it for a while at the Switch event, and there seems to be quite a bit more there to it than the original content-wise, so don't be surprised if it's a higher price.

A back-up of a back-up? Is that the new code word for flipping? :cool: jk I shouldn't judge.. I'm up to 5 3DS XL's. (Edit: actually make that 6)

I think it's a code word that "N" sucks ass when it comes to meeting supply & demand, and he just wants to make sure he actually gets a unit, instead of a cancellation(which happens rather often when and where "N" is involved). LOL
Nope, like Chris said I just pre-ordered 3 in case something fell through. I pre-ordered 1 from GameStop and 2 from Walmart.

Btw, I can't even see my Swtich orders on Walmart. That's exactly the reason why I ordered from more than one store. These things happen all the time.

I played it for a while at the Switch event, and there seems to be quite a bit more there to it than the original content-wise, so don't be surprised if it's a higher price.
That's okay I don't mind paying a bit more since it probably won't go down in price anytime soon and there probably won't be a physical copy if it hasn't been announced yet (would be awesome if there was though).

Man I wish the Switch was out today. With Mardi Gras I basically have a four-day weekend coming up and would have had a bunch of time to dig into some games.

Also I'm gonna have to keep an eye out for the UPS delivery guy next Friday...my boss likes to accidentally open packages I receive.

I think I might have had all I can stand. People are now upset that they *might* not be able play with the Joy Cons behind their backs. God damn, y'all...
Research the problem a bit more, duder. You're woefully ignorant on the matter. It's not that the controllers don't work when held behind someone's back. Many preview people have said they just periodically stop working even when held normally. They stop synching even when they're on the Grip. This is currently a problem. People will complain about it since we're paying $300+ for the system. We don't expect the included controllers to have this problem. Maybe you're a kid so you don't have a problem with it since you're not paying for it, but those of us paying for our systems do find this worrisome.

Don't the joycons last roughly 20 hours? Even if they patched it in with a higher signal strength that took 5 hours off id still think 15 hours is a pretty good time frame. It'd more than last the average person on a single charge.
This is a really good point. If it's something that can be patched- and the battery life will be affected in order to increase the signal strength- that won't be a biggie, since the battery life is already so good. I really hope this is the case.

I'm waiting for the eventual Switch physical release, but if I weren't I would be jumping on this. That's a great deal for such a great game.

Wait, what? They have specifically said it ISN'T cross-buy in the past, do you have a source?

I'm curious about this as well. In the FAQ on their site, it says the following:

"If I own Shovel Knight on another platform, can I get the game on a new platform like the Nintendo Switch for free?

No, but that’s part of the reason we’re making these changes! Hopefully, it’ll be easier to jump in on a new campaign on any system of your choosing."
It seems that the options for Switch are either the standalone Specter of Torment campaign for $9.99, or Treasure Trove for $24.99.

This is a really good point. If it's something that can be patched- and the battery life will be affected in order to increase the signal strength- that won't be a biggie, since the battery life is already so good. I really hope this is the case.
This might actually be the root of the problem, as I know when I used to import "N" systems in the past, the cables where always super short, due the the standard living spaces in Japan being so small.

So they may have messed with the strength of the signal, to get longer battery life, not thinking about room sizes in other countries. While that's pretty dumb if true, it may explain things, and hopefully allow for a patch to fix this issue.

If not, they may have to do a HUGE send in "recall" campaign which is going to cost a shit ton, and kill any good word of mouth they stood to gain for the NS. But as we have seen in the past, shit happens!

Hmmmm, I know I read that SK was getting the transfer treatment for free, but I can't find it anywhere. That FAQ is pretty telling and I coulda sworn it was in their FAQ info too. Oh well, I'll edit my previous post. Wouldn't surprise me if they changed it just like Nintendo changed their stance on wireless Bluetooth headsets for Switch. I already have Shovel Knight on X1 digital and Wii U retail(love the manual), so maybe I'll buy SK when it gets a discount on Switch

bread's done
Back