Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread 2.0

You should have asked them to push their wedding back and explained that the Switch was coming out. I'm sure they would've understood. Weddings happen every day of the year, and most people get married multiple times throughout their life.

Switch launch though? That's once in a lifetime.
Trust me I've tried multiple times to weasel my way out of this wedding. I've only actually met these people about 3 or 4 times, I am really crossing my fingers for an early delivery. I did get my PSVR a day or two early!

Considering there was no one in line at my local Gamestop when I preordered, I'm amazed they're doing a midnight launch.

The mall location near me usually combines their midnight launches with the stand alone store nearby. Check with them?
I asked last time I was in there, about a week ago. He said it was unlikely due to having to pay the mall security and whatever else it entails. But I'll definitely ask again tomorrow when I dump some more games.

Would be nice to see the fast racing games get a physical release on one disk. Given F-Zero is lost to the GameCube era, I'm sure it'd sell well.

This might actually be the root of the problem, as I know when I used to import "N" systems in the past, the cables where always super short, due the the standard living spaces in Japan being so small.

So they may have messed with the strength of the signal, to get longer battery life, not thinking about room sizes in other countries. While that's pretty dumb if true, it may explain things, and hopefully allow for a patch to fix this issue.
This is literally the theory I was thinking about yesterday! Games in Japan are normally played at a desk or much closer to the tv than the way we play them here since rooms/apts. are so small. I wouldn't be surprised at all if this is actually the reason for the problem.
Will be interesting to see how they address it.

I don't know if anybody posted this, I went back as far i I could bf giving up. You people just post way too much, in in just 16 minutes, never mind trying to go back to 4:23am.

Costco had a bundle of grey system with Zelda special edition, for $398. It was posted on slick deals around 4:23am, I got email Bc I put alert on Zelda and switch. I didn't check that email account until 6:30sm and all gone.
I was able to order the special edition thru Best Buy on second wave and got the GCU discount. I just have a sy preordered from GS and I really don't like shopping there, although I got that extra 50% on trade in.

i would like to hear about the Zalda but I refuse to give Kotaku or Polygon even one pageview
Why do people feel so strongly this way? And where do these people congregate for news and stuff? I'm curious because I see these sentiments so often and I'm not sure where it stems from. Especially the commonality of collective dislike. (there has to be something more substantive than "Kotaku has clickbait headlines")

I'm genuinely curious and interested. Why do people hate Kotaku and Polygon and where can I read more about it?

I'll admit that I know very little about Polygon besides that they kind of suck and seem to be uninformed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad that Snipperclips was confirmed launch tittle for $20 in US specially since I posted earlier that it was for EU & JP as well.

But RMX being $20 is really good, I'm really debating now if I should get both day one... UGH This fucking thing is starting to hurt my wallet... time to make a "HIDDEN COSTS OF NINTENDO SWITCH" video  :whistle2:

Why do people feel so strongly this way? And where do these people congregate for news and stuff? I'm curious because I see these sentiments so often and I'm not sure where it stems from. Especially the commonality of collective dislike. (there has to be something more substantive than "Kotaku has clickbait headlines")

I'm genuinely curious and interested. Why do people hate Kotaku and Polygon and where can I read more about it?

I'll admit that I know very little about Polygon besides that they kind of suck and seem to be uninformed.
Because they're essentially the Fox News of video games. False information, rumor-mongering, and comprised of a gaggle of long-winded jackasses who don't actually know anything beyond the press releases they're regurgitating. They also really like to pat themselves on the back when their speculation (which is either so scattershot that something would hit, or well-known to anyone with a fuckin brain) turns out to be correct. Patrick Klepek was also really bad at this when he was at Giant Bomb, and the site became much better once he got the fuck out.

Also, in both cases they've gotten noticeably worse since Gamergate -- specifically, they can't entertain the idea that people like Zoe Quinn and Brianna Wu are not blameless beacons of all that is good in the world.

ahh yeah, I was wondering if it wasn't more Gamergate and SJW context.

I like Kotaku though =(  Their gaming (JP, Destiny, niche, Overwatch, other hardcore/mmo type stuff) interests have always aligned with mine. 

I'm considering canceling or returning Bomberman R. I pre-ordered the game, but have been hearing some not so great things about it from those that have played it and am thinking I may be better off with something like 1,2 Switch for my multiplayer game until I buy Mario Kart 8 for the second time.
I considered doing the same, but I decided to keep the pre-order after how highly people here spoke of the Bomberman games. You should probably keep the pre-order just in case as well. Wait till the reviews hit. If it's actually bad, then you can just cancel it then.

Well, I was wondering what the next Switch thread argument was gonna be... I guess it's "Gamergate".
Nah, I don't really care about any of that shit, but Zoe and Brianna are both super obnoxious and love to play the victim card when they brought most of it on themselves. Like, if you wanna talk about rampant undeserved harassment, the stuff with Leslie Jones is a much better example of virulent hatred.

e: I remember the moment I checked out on Kotaku: They started that dumbass "Snacktaku" thing, which, in combination with Owen Good's stupid sports shit and Jeff Fahey jerking off about Sonic or something, made it clear that the site was going down the tubes. I think it was capped off by one of Tim Rogers' standard 10 million page essays about smoking in Japan or whatever.

ahh yeah, I was wondering if it wasn't more Gamergate and SJW context.

I like Kotaku though =(
If it's any consolation, journalistic integrity in gaming isn't real, so it doesn't really matter. It's just something gamers make-up to try and lend more credibility to the hobby, as if it's serious or needs to be taken seriously. Same with comics.

Our own Slidecage is as about as reliable as any gaming news site or "journalist".

I wonder if Snipperclps or that Fast BMX might be better multiplayer games (that are also cheaper) than 1,2.
Most people who have played it have said Snipperclips is the best Switch game that's not named Zelda. It's pretty much a must have.

I've also heard a lot of good things from Fast Racing NEO, and Fast RMX contains that game plus extra content. At $20 it seems like a good buy, especially for those that like F-Zero.

Gamestop has a midnight launch page up now, so you can see if your store is participating - http://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/events/NintendoSwitch-Zelda/. Unfortunately the one I preordered at is in a mall, so no midnight launch for me.
Darn. 12:01 local time.

Anyone know if Best Buy is the same? I'd like to go grab Zelda from BB if they're letting you buy them 12am est like pretty much every other game for the past couple years.

Here's the official GG reasons they hate Kotaku. Yes there are official lists they deny having.

http://deepfreeze.it/outlet.php?o=kotaku
Wow, that is pathetic. They spent that much time worrying about game journalism? It looks like a really elaborate attempt to cover for their extremely bad behavior. Most of their "issues" are pretty much "so the fuck what?". Like journalists being friends with some of the people they cover, you work long enough in a field and you make acquaintances. It's like looking at TMZ and actually giving a shit what Kim Kardascian had for lunch today and whether they accurately report what salad dressing she chose.

I grew up with magazines like Nintendo Power, which never met an NES game that wasn't the "best thing evah".

i would like to hear about the Zalda but I refuse to give Kotaku or Polygon even one pageview
I just don't want to be spoiled, haha!

I've not seen/read any trailers, streams, previews- only spied the unavoidable article gifs.

I did however, research titles I was) interested in:

1. 1 2 Switch- lacks a "killer app" imo. The dice game is definitely a highlight for me but the samurai chop, yoga, baseball, treasure unlock, milking, & joycon spin, didn't feeling engaging enough. I know there are more mini games I haven't seen; atm, I won't be buying this at launch. On a sidenote, it would be cool if Nintendo sold the individual games separately in their E-shop.

2. Bomberman- I was super hoping for a major redesign, say minigames with 2D side-scrolling levels. From what I've seen & read, this will be fun for longtime Bomberman fans.

3. Snipperclips- was unaware of this title til today. It looks very smart & I like the aesthetic! It's definitely more of a cohesive product compared to 1 2 Switch (eager for next Mario Party as well!).

If I pre ordered breath of the wild through best buy.com for store pickup, they will probably.have it available at midnight, right?

Here's some stock numbers for my Best Buy store for those interested. Parentheses = Number of Preorders:

• Switch Console Grey 110 (45)
  • Switch Console Neon 40 (10)
  • Pro Controller 38 (10)
  • Charging Grip 10
  • Joy-Con Grey (L/R) 35
  • Joy-Con Neon (L/R) 8
  • Joy-Con Blue (L/R) 0
  • Joy-Con Red (L/R) 0
  • Joy-Con Grey (L) 10
  • Joy-Con Grey (R) 10
  • AC Adapter 15
  • Tunic Starter Kit 2
  • Insignia Case 4
  • PDP Screen Protector 5
  • Nintendo Case/Screen Protector 10
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 165 (34)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Special Edition 23 (19)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Master Edition 1 (1)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wii U 42 (5)
  • 1-2 Switch 60 (4)
  • Super Bomberman R 30 (9)
  • Just Dance 2017 14
  • Skylanders Imaginators 9

If it's any consolation, journalistic integrity in gaming isn't real, so it doesn't really matter. It's just something gamers make-up to try and lend more credibility to the hobby, as if it's serious or needs to be taken seriously. Same with comics.

Our own Slidecage is as about as reliable as any gaming news site or "journalist".
Eh, I mostly agree, and that's why I mostly just stick to Giant Bomb because I care more about personalities and humor than any sort of actual reporting. Still, if I want actual reporting, I stick to Eurogamer, since they seem to hit the best balance of accuracy and objectivity.

It is funny that you bring up comics, because I feel like Bleeding Cool is the direct analogue to Kotaku. :v

Like, to be clear, the entire discussion about "JOURNALISM" wouldn't even exist if the outlets didn't pretend that they're journalists. It's why nobody gives a fuck about sponsored videos on youtube or whatever. They don't claim to be serious professionals.

Darn. 12:01 local time.

Anyone know if Best Buy is the same? I'd like to go grab Zelda from BB if they're letting you buy them 12am est like pretty much every other game for the past couple years.
Everyone is 12:01am local time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's some stock numbers for my Best Buy store for those interested. Parentheses = Number of Preorders:

• Switch Console Grey 110 (45)
  • Switch Console Neon 40 (10)
  • Pro Controller 38 (10)
  • Charging Grip 10
  • Joy-Con Grey (L/R) 35
  • Joy-Con Neon (L/R) 8
  • Joy-Con Blue (L/R) 0
  • Joy-Con Red (L/R) 0
  • Joy-Con Grey (L) 10
  • Joy-Con Grey (R) 10
  • AC Adapter 15
  • Tunic Starter Kit 2
  • Insignia Case 4
  • PDP Screen Protector 5
  • Nintendo Case/Screen Protector 10
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 165 (34)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Special Edition 23 (19)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Master Edition 1 (1)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wii U 42 (5)
  • 1-2 Switch 60 (4)
  • Super Bomberman R 30 (9)
  • Just Dance 2017 14
  • Skylanders Imaginators 9
Similar to my store except for Standard Zelda. That we have 25 preorders and 152 total.

Nintendo is Aware of the "Sync Issue and is looking into it.

xkQYiNk.jpg

Hopefully Stephen Totilo has enough followers to meet the criteria of some people to believe his sources   :whistle2:

Funny how you guys are talking about Kotaku and this comes up.  :D/

Wow, that is pathetic. They spent that much time worrying about game journalism? It looks like a really elaborate attempt to cover for their extremely bad behavior. Most of their "issues" are pretty much "so the fuck what?". Like journalists being friends with some of the people they cover, you work long enough in a field and you make acquaintances. It's like looking at TMZ and actually giving a shit what Kim Kardascian had for lunch today and whether they accurately report what salad dressing she chose.

I grew up with magazines like Nintendo Power, which never met an NES game that wasn't the "best thing evah".
You can cover something made by a friend or acquaintance, but you should mention that relationship in the article. Haven't you heard of the phrase "full disclosure"? That's what it was made for.

I also completely disagree with you and Tony. Journalistic integrity is something that any good journalist should have, no matter what they cover. Sure, video game coverage- just like reporting based on books, movies, comics, music, TV, or any other art and entertainment product- won't ever taken as seriously as journalism based on "real" news and politics. That's a given. But that doesn't mean that those who cover these entertainment fields shouldn't strive for excellence. Saying, "it's just vidja games, who cares" is a cop out. A cop out that most journalists in these fields would take issue with. They would be the first to be offended that you belittle their profession in the first place.

(And really, you're going to compare video game coverage with rags like TMZ? That's a faulty comparison. There's a reason rags have such a bad connotation.)

That's all I'll say on the subject though, as I don't want to derail this thread anymore than it has already.

Yeah journalism is a joke these days.   Even my local 6'oclock news stations report  'yesterday on Twitter' stuff.  Just wish these writers could put all of their own personal politics aside and do their jobs. 

On the other hand you can't take any of it seriously, like others have said.  Pick and choose what you like.  That's why there's a feed.  You can skip over all the editorial stuff. 

It certainly doesn't help when every internet gaming news writer is paid/promoted/recognized based off of number of page views.   That's not going to change either.  The times are a changin', have been for some time.   At least there's enough info out there where you can just read the snippets that you like.  This site is great for facilitating just that!

I don't understand the draw of NeoGAF at all.  It's completely authoritarian and threads move too fast.  So there's no meaningful discussion, just an endless series of replies.

Similar to my store except for Standard Zelda. That we have 25 preorders and 152 total.

(165) 34 seems pretty similar to (152) 25 to me. Or are your other numbers identical to his?

Damn, I was really hoping there'd be more than this.
They had the SE preorders up way too long. Surprised they actually have extra stock for instore. But remember majora's skull kid got a small restock a couple weeks after launch when there was some nintendo event planned, unless that was only due to late arrivals from the shipping strike. Keep your eyes for one of those events and become friends with your bestbuy videogame people.

[quote name="scottman" post="13642079" timestamp="1487979137"](165) 34 seems pretty similar to (152) 25 to me. Or are your other numbers identical to his?]

Whoops looked at the wrong line.

We didn't get as many neons. Had like 12 preorders and got in 25.

Seems to be very similar so a lot of people who didn't preorder should be able to get one.

I have a grey switch preordered at bestbuy, but now I want the neon. Questions :
1. How soon do you think I should get there for midnight release in order to buy a neon switch ?

2. How bestbuy will handle the walk in buys? Everybody in line can choose which color they will buy before they got inside , or you get inside , and then decide which color you want, first come first serve ?
3. What are the proportion (stock wise) of grey vs neon for non preorder folks ?

Thinking of getting rid of my Wii U and picking up the switch though not right away .. some of the games alone on Wii U will cover the cost .. but do you guys think there will be a Zelda bundle I know newegg always makes their own bundles they sell on eBay they've done it for the ps pro and Xbox one s

You can cover something made by a friend or acquaintance, but you should mention that relationship in the article. Haven't you heard of the phrase "full disclosure"? That's what it was made for.

I also completely disagree with you and Tony. Journalistic integrity is something that any good journalist should have, no matter what they cover. Sure, video game coverage- just like reporting based on books, movies, comics, music, TV, or any other art and entertainment product- won't ever taken as seriously as journalism based on "real" news and politics. That's a given. But that doesn't mean that those who cover these entertainment fields shouldn't strive for excellence. Saying, "it's just vidja games, who cares" is a cop out. A cop out that most journalists in these fields would take issue with. They would be the first to be offended that you belittle their profession in the first place.

(And really, you're going to compare video game coverage with rags like TMZ? That's a faulty comparison. There's a reason rags have such a bad connotation.)

That's all I'll say on the subject though, as I don't want to derail this thread anymore than it has already.
All right! A subject I can actually drop my 2cents in! I did some camera work for a local station and got to cover things like CES, NAB (similar to CES, but for broadcasting), and SDCC. I have seen various outlets (major news, networks and gaming) walk up, and chat with celebs/game publishers like they've known each other all their lives. Asking how each of their kids are doing, plans for dinner, etc. It happens a lot. At the same time, you rarely ever see that mentioned I. Stories or videos of said event. Personally, name dropping someone for "full disclosure" is seen as someone is using that point alone to draw traffic to their story. Now if every story/video is gushing about how awesome the product/movie/whatever, then yes, there is an issue. If the article/story/etc lists pros and cons, about everything and seems balanced and fair, then who cares if everyone was best friends from high school or are dating?

Thinking of getting rid of my Wii U and picking up the switch though not right away .. some of the games alone on Wii U will cover the cost .. but do you guys think there will be a Zelda bundle I know newegg always makes their own bundles they sell on eBay they've done it for the ps pro and Xbox one s
It's to early to tell. As far as a Zelda specific "N" bundle goes, doubtful, as the game is releasing now, and unless they do a port of an earlier title down the road, I don't think you'll see a branded unit.

During the holidays, you may get a bundle with Zelda included as a free download or something, as "N" is pretty good with bundles later on to increase interest and sales at certain times of year. And as you state, you may see a home made bundle from GS, or Newegg, but GS pretty much charges full retail and just throws everything in together(same as buying separately), not really a deal, but you may see one from other places, like Sams Club or Costco, where they can give a price break to members.

bread's done
Back