Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread 2.0

Check this video right at the 20 minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXo3ZmlZngg

This seems identical to the Wii U system settings where you can choose a resolution, but I never messed around with those too much so I have no clue how this actually impacts the render. It does have an RGB range selector... so I'm leaning on the side of optimism here.
Ahh yes I should have remembered that from last gen. That is just for the system UI. It will have zero effect on what games render at. If by chance an option to affect performance ever does come to games, it will be in the options for the game itself.

Bomberman R Singleplayer & Multiplayer IMAGE BLOWOUT!
Singleplayer:
DWtsATH.jpg
BBxifHi.jpg
9FRNKYK.jpg
ZR7k46H.png
vK7945o.png
lomZBTa.png
eDhxM2m.png
yFtJQcW.png
ZrlbV3r.png
SSBORX0.png
rJfTIdh.png
1ZERe09.png
q5OrSzo.png
tJSNgiU.png
apMdHj9.png
4w4wmNj.png
C6reQsC.png
ZphfZpn.png
ZLrau66.png
KS8876c.png
Multiplayer:
KuSAQtl.jpg
Qr44DBD.jpg
MbSEnxy.png
TSiGMFT.png
5zJyveO.png
9AWjH7O.png
qaocj9N.png
ovje7R6.png
D06gtrd.png
Doesn't look bad, but it would look better if they made it less cartoony. If it was darker and more edgy it would be really cool.

Bomberman R Singleplayer & Multiplayer IMAGE BLOWOUT!

Singleplayer:
DWtsATH.jpg

BBxifHi.jpg

9FRNKYK.jpg

ZR7k46H.png

vK7945o.png

lomZBTa.png

eDhxM2m.png

yFtJQcW.png

ZrlbV3r.png

SSBORX0.png

rJfTIdh.png

1ZERe09.png

q5OrSzo.png

tJSNgiU.png

apMdHj9.png

4w4wmNj.png

C6reQsC.png

ZphfZpn.png

ZLrau66.png

KS8876c.png

Multiplayer:
KuSAQtl.jpg

Qr44DBD.jpg

MbSEnxy.png

TSiGMFT.png

5zJyveO.png

9AWjH7O.png

qaocj9N.png

ovje7R6.png

D06gtrd.png
The co-op is looking great

The bosses remind me of wonderful 101 too

Doesn't look bad, but it would look better if they made it less cartoony. If it was darker and more edgy it would be really cool.
Konami has ears
Don't let them make a bomberman act zero 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Browsing through Youtube... did Nintendo deny anyone a Switch? I mean I guess that's cool, but damn. EVERYONE got one of these. I guess even if the channel only gets 5,000 views, that's still pretty cheap advertising? Interesting strategy, Nintendo.

Browsing through Youtube... did Nintendo deny anyone a Switch? I mean I guess that's cool, but damn. EVERYONE got one of these. I guess even if the channel only gets 5,000 views, that's still pretty cheap advertising? Interesting strategy, Nintendo.
I wish they gave me one.

Is anybody concerned about the left joycon failures being reported by reviewers? Nintendo only says they're aware of the problems no word on a solution.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N01Z2MO/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=ll1&tag=nintendeal-20&linkId=a0f1985833ac87f8968487c1818650da
Seen this on twitter, any idea if it's actually good for the Switch?
It's on sale really cheap right now
That only has 2.4A per port. I believe the switch uses more so you would only get trickle charge and not practical while in use. The more expensive power banks will have this

I wanna say it needs 3A but don't quote me ✌️

Edit: IGN recommended this one which has 1 3A USB-C charging port

[Most Compact 16750mAh USB-C Portable Charger] iMuto 3-Port Output Power Bank External Battery, Portable Type-C Battery Charger for iPhone 7, Nexus 6P 5X, Smart Phones and Nintendo Switch NS https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KHDFXCE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_tKxSybTKJVNJZ

Is anybody concerned about the left joycon failures being reported by reviewers? Nintendo only says they're aware of the problems no word on a solution.
Not hindering my purchase only because I bought a pro controller and it doesn't impact when in handheld mode.

Definitely a concern but Nintendo is good with this stuff so definitely not buying any joy cons for awhile

I am going to cancel my bestbuy pre order of the grey switch Inless someone on here wants it. I will not ship it.. its pick up only. I live in NJ in woodbridge township. Please let me know if anyone wants it. What i paid is what u get it for.

Well, it's for sure an issue. How bad or how severe the problem is, is not yet known. A problem like this could affect less than 1% of the users, but would still seem astronomic bases on the vocal minority.

For anyone getting a NS, it is a risk that your system may have this problem, or it may develop over time, there really isn't enough information right now in regards to why it happens to some, and not to others.

Another theory I've seen floated around which I believe could also be very possible, is this issue could happen due to interference from any number of things in peoples homes and offices. Now where most of us couldn't believe "N" was dumb enough not to test the distance and strength of these things before hand, I can 100% believe they didn't consider all the possibilities in regards to Bluetooth, wi-fi, wireless headphones, etc.

Anything that is wireless, can be affected by any number of these things, and have to really have thorough testing to insure they work properly in many environments. Just knowing "N" as I do, I could believe they slacked in that area just due to the way they don't even acknowledge most advancements on a regular basis. So until there is an official statement from "N", you can cancel your preorder and wait(which many are doing), or just roll the dice and deal with the warranty if and when your unit has this problem(many are going this route), or return it to the point of purchase if it is indeed devective.

I am going to cancel my bestbuy pre order of the grey switch Inless someone on here wants it. I will not ship it.. its pick up only. I live in NJ in woodbridge township. Please let me know if anyone wants it. What i paid is what u get it for.
Fun fact no one gives a shit about, I waited outside of the Woodbridge Best Buy across from the mall for the Wii launch. It was extremely cold :)

Well, it's for sure an issue. How bad or how severe the problem is, is not yet known. A problem like this could affect less than 1% of the users, but would still seem astronomic bases on the vocal minority.

For anyone getting a NS, it is a risk that your system may have this problem, or it may develop over time, there really isn't enough information right now in regards to why it happens to some, and not to others.

Another theory I've seen floated around which I believe could also be very possible, is this issue could happen due to interference from any number of things in peoples homes and offices. Now where most of us couldn't believe "N" was dumb enough not to test the distance and strength of these things before hand, I can 100% believe they didn't consider all the possibilities in regards to Bluetooth, wi-fi, wireless headphones, etc.

Anything that is wireless, can be affected by any number of these things, and have to really have thorough testing to insure they work properly in many environments. Just knowing "N" as I do, I could believe they slacked in that area just due to the way they don't even acknowledge most advancements on a regular basis. So until there is an official statement from "N", you can cancel your preorder and wait(which many are doing), or just roll the dice and deal with the warranty if and when your unit has this problem(many are going this route), or return it to the point of purchase if it is indeed devective.
All indications are saying a day 1 patch to fix any desyncing issues with the Joy Cons.

When you say "knowing N as I do, I could believe they slacked in that area just due to the way they don't even acknowledge most advancements on a regular basis." Are you saying that Nintendo is known for hardware issues? Or they don't put the latest and greatest processors, displays, antennas, etc in their products. For someone that has been around Nintendo since the mid 80's, any Nintendo fan will tell you they don't measure their consoles by specs, but by the experience they can deliver. And short of having to blow into a NES cartridge, their hardware has been pretty reliable for over 30 years.

While consoles like the WiiU & Gamecube were unsuccessful in sales figures, Nintendo has still delivered an incredible and different experience for gamers with every console they have released. I don't know if the Switch will be a boom or bust, I do know it will be another unique experience that Nintendo is giving us.

Here's some stock numbers for my Best Buy store for those interested. Parentheses = Number of Preorders:

• Switch Console Grey 110 (45)
  • Switch Console Neon 40 (10)
  • Pro Controller 38 (10)
  • Charging Grip 10
  • Joy-Con Grey (L/R) 35
  • Joy-Con Neon (L/R) 8
  • Joy-Con Blue (L/R) 0
  • Joy-Con Red (L/R) 0
  • Joy-Con Grey (L) 10
  • Joy-Con Grey (R) 10
  • AC Adapter 15
  • Tunic Starter Kit 2
  • Insignia Case 4
  • PDP Screen Protector 5
  • Nintendo Case/Screen Protector 10
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 165 (34)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Special Edition 23 (19)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Master Edition 1 (1)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wii U 42 (5)
  • 1-2 Switch 60 (4)
  • Super Bomberman R 30 (9)
  • Just Dance 2017 14
  • Skylanders Imaginators 9
Well, it looks like it's not going to sell out on release day. No surprise there though since it's main game is also coming out on a console that most Nintendo fans already own.

Well, it looks like it's not going to sell out on release day. No surprise there though since it's main game is also coming out on a console that most Nintendo fans already own.
i think time to cancel all 20 of my preorders wont be able to flip them.. Wasted all my time and gas driving around to 16 stores what a waste of 14 hours

:) really though probally cancel the 2 i do have best buy and gamestop.. looks like im going to be stuck with that 1000 gamestop for a long time

Does anybody here work at bestbuy and could check the stock for neon units for walk ins? Zip code 49009. Really appreciate

All indications are saying a day 1 patch to fix any desyncing issues with the Joy Cons.

When you say "knowing N as I do, I could believe they slacked in that area just due to the way they don't even acknowledge most advancements on a regular basis." Are you saying that Nintendo is known for hardware issues? Or they don't put the latest and greatest processors, displays, antennas, etc in their products. For someone that has been around Nintendo since the mid 80's, any Nintendo fan will tell you they don't measure their consoles by specs, but by the experience they can deliver. And short of having to blow into a NES cartridge, their hardware has been pretty reliable for over 30 years.
First off, "N" hasn't even acknowledge the issue yet. Any and all news about anything is rumor. And the Joy Cons are not desyncing, they are loosing or having their signal strength blocked. Two very different issues, that may also have two very different fixes.

Secondly, yes, I'm referring to them living in the stone ages in regards to current advancements. I've owned well over 20+ consoles and handhelds over 30+ years, so I'm well aware of what they make, and how well they make it.

I'm not saying its good or bad, but everything they release, is often 2 gens behind the competition. When Apple, Sony or MS maybe ran in to interference problems back with the Iphone/PS3/360, "N" didn't, as they weren't using similar tech. Now that "N" has an higher end product, they may have ran in to issues they didn't foresee not because of the hardware being bad, but because they have no experience with it over a long period.

The fact that these things are out in the wild and malfunctioning, leans more to my frame of thought than to yours, but that's cool. Believe what you want, that patch is coming day one, and you'll be fine, no worries. "N" also had a screen damaging issue with the 3DS, where when the device was closed, the screen became scratched.

That was a widly known issue, that they never acknowledge, or really ever fixed. And if you believe rumors, as you apparently do, that was the possible reason Amazon and "N" fell out years ago, as they got tons of returns for this issue, and "N" didn't want to replace the units or address the problem. Maybe true, maybe not, but "N" is far from perfect. Shall we also discuss the poor quality $100 N3DS released during the holidays?

Get me a store number and I'll check. At work right now so I can't check a lot of stores

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can you check Zelda Special Editions at 1777 and 814? O:)

edit: Oh, you said CAN'T check a lot of stores. My bad. Well if you can, much appreciated, if not, no worries.

First off, "N" hasn't even acknowledge the issue yet. Any and all news about anything is rumor. And the Joy Cons are not desyncing, they are loosing or having their signal strength blocked. Two very different issues, that may also have two very different fixes.

Secondly, yes, I'm referring to them living in the stone ages in regards to current advancements. I've owned well over 20+ consoles and handhelds over 30+ years, so I'm well aware of what they make, and how well they make it.

I'm not saying its good or bad, but everything they release, is often 2 gens behind the competition. When Apple, Sony or MS maybe ran in to interference problems back with the Iphone/PS3/360, "N" didn't, as they weren't using similar tech. Now that "N" has an higher end product, they may have ran in to issues they didn't foresee not because of the hardware being bad, but because they have no experience with it over a long period.

The fact that these things are out in the wild and malfunctioning, leans more to my frame of thought than to yours, but that's cool. Believe what you want, that patch is coming day one, and you'll be fine, no worries. "N" also had a screen damaging issue with the 3DS, where when the device was closed, the screen became scratched.

That was a widly known issue, that they never acknowledge, or really ever fixed. And if you believe rumors, as you apparently do, that was the possible reason Amazon and "N" fell out years ago, as they got tons of returns for this issue, and "N" didn't want to replace the units or address the problem. Maybe true, maybe not, but "N" is far from perfect. Shall we also discuss the poor quality $100 N3DS released during the holidays?
My comment wasn't meant to go tit for tat with you. I was asking a question for clarity. Just seems a bit strange you would venture into a pre-order thread that has a lot of buzz right now and try and sway people to cancel their pre-orders.

Calling their console releases 2 gens behind is purely an opinion and not a fact either. Especially when you say everything....NES was 2 gens behind? SNES? N64? The wii & gamecube were not designed to be cutting edge technology with speed. The gameboy, GBA, 3DS, etc were 2 gens behind? Interesting observation.

Calm down there chief, not trying to get you all riled up and start flexing your internet muscles.

That $99 3DS you're talking about that released for the holidays... My kids own one of each color with 0 issues and have enjoyed them since Christmas morning. But I am sure you will have an educated response and let us know exactly ALL the issues with those consoles. Look forward to reading it.

Hi neighbor!!!

Hey calismaker! Would you kindly check store #1459? See how many extra Neon Switches they have, also Zelda ME? If not ME than SE. Much appreciated!

My comment wasn't meant to go tit for tat with you. I was asking a question for clarity. Just seems a bit strange you would venture into a pre-order thread that has a lot of buzz right now and try and sway people to cancel their pre-orders.

Calling their console releases 2 gens behind is purely an opinion and not a fact either. Especially when you say everything....NES was 2 gens behind? SNES? N64? The wii & gamecube were not designed to be cutting edge technology with speed. The gameboy, GBA, 3DS, etc were 2 gens behind? Interesting observation.

Calm down there chief, not trying to get you all riled up and start flexing your internet muscles.

That $99 3DS you're talking about that released for the holidays... My kids own one of each color with 0 issues and have enjoyed them since Christmas morning. But I am sure you will have an educated response and let us know exactly ALL the issues with those consoles. Look forward to reading it.
Exactly. People allow him to keep posting here because he's polite but if wasn't then most would consider what he's been posting as trolling. It's a hype thread, if you want genuine discussion, visit NeoGaf or something

bread's done
Back