Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread 2.0

1779a816c17a6464f7c4ce7ff590bf50.jpg

So close yet so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lhjhbB9.gif

My Switch stuff all went to Preparing. I am showing pending charges on my credit card. Am I okay?
Same here. Switch and Switch accessories are all preparing but Zelda SE is still status quo as pre-ordered. Actually all my NS switch games, Zelda normal edtion, Bomberman, and 1/2 Switch are all still listed as pre-order status. It may be more difficult to prepare and ship hardware vs software and may be why BBY working on getting it out sooner.

Last edited by a moderator:
so what have we concluded on the availability of the console for walk-ins?
Most GameStops are going to have just under a handful available for walk ins. It looks like Best Buy's will have more walk in units available per store though. Meijer should have some too if you have one of those near you. Idk about any other stores though.

Same here. Switch and Switch accessories are all preparing but Zelda SE is still status quo as pre-ordered. Actually all my NS switch games, Zelda normal edtion, Bomberman, and 1/2 Switch are all still listed as pre-order status. It may be more difficult to prepare and ship hardware vs software and may be why BBY working on getting it out sooner.
Zelda and Bomberman are still Pre-ordered for me too.

So I have two questions.

1. Can I use the included charging adapter with the Switch on the go, as in I take it with me and use it to charge and play or is that just for the dock?

2. Have we found cheaper AC adapter solution for charging and playing on the go yet?

Also for those looking for a SD card. Amazon got a 64 GB for $16 + tax prime shipped

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013TMNNDQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

I would rather these franchises just stop, instead of turning out garbage for a fast buck, or to tell fans they made them a new game, and to enjoy it. I'd rather just stick to indie guys who make something like Axiom Verge that actually "get" what make a game like Metroid cool to begin with. While on the subject, has anyone seen this Ghouls & Ghost style game coming to the Wii U & NS? Capcom is another company that no longer gets it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMAubzPjmCA
Game looks freaking sweet. Definitely picking this up on Switch.

My store put everything in the managers office to keep people from messing with it.

And it looks like someone is slacking on opening up the Doctor Strange shipper. ;)
Hey that comes out on Tuesday :p

The pallet is on camera and it's been counted. I will say I'm really bad about wrapping pallets lol

Everything at BB is preparing except the one that r release date unknown .

If everything ships tomorrow or Tuesday, I will most likely get it Wednesday or Thursday, right.

They're currently not available for purchase, but these are the cases I would go for if I didn't have the one from the ME. They both look snazzy, have the Sheikah eye logo, and both of them are hard shell cases.

http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/nintendo-switch-game-traveler-zelda-blue-deluxe-travel-case/141857

http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/nintendo-switch-game-traveler-zelda-black-deluxe-travel-case/141866

This is one is smaller, so probably more to your taste, but it isn't a hard shell case:

http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/nintendo-switch-premium-console-case-zelda-edition/140255
One of those might work. I'll have to see them in person first. Hopefully Gamestop has some when I go.

Only looks like 20-24 colored sets and between 35-50 grey sets.
Not much at all.

And unless the managers office is big, that store doesn't sound like it has much. When I work retail the managers offic was that big.

Not looking good for walkins.

Not much at all.

And unless the managers office is big, that store doesn't sound like it has much. When I work retail the managers offic was that big.

If you're talking about the picture I posted that's 110 Switches total. 85 grey and 25 neon.

Not much at all.

My store has 150 Switches. The Managers office is quite big since is also a meeting room.

So I have two questions.

1. Can I use the included charging adapter with the Switch on the go, as in I take it with me and use it to charge and play or is that just for the dock?

2. Have we found cheaper AC adapter solution for charging and playing on the go yet?

Also for those looking for a SD card. Amazon got a 64 GB for $16 + tax prime shipped

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013TMNNDQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
Yeah, the included charger works when in handheld/table top mode and when in tv mode. In fact, so far it seems to be the only reliable way of charging the Switch when not docked. Because Nintendo hasn't given any information regarding it's battery and charging specs, no one knows what kind of third-party charger and portable battery packs to buy. Earlier in this thread you'll find people talking about and posting an article about how common USB-C chargers and batteries aren't charging fast enough when playing, making them pointless.

That's what I was curious about, since I recall an article somewhere where the USB consortium mentioned that QC is not a compliant standard for USB C. Since USB c supports usb 2.0, 3.0, and 3.1 Qualcomm just did it anyways for mobile. USB PD (power delivery) allows for a large range of of power standards and if the device, cable and power source are to spec, the device will draw what it can from the power source with no issues at all. If they are not all to spec, you can end up with a burnt paperweight
Yeah, that is kind of my thought. I don't want to spend extra money on wasteful chargers and then end up with a fire or burnt up device. But cell chargers have be determined to work while not playing due to slow charging. And then we have the Nyko "charge and play" usb-c with a/c adapter that is running weaker than the official. So I may just wait and see.

That looks good. Likely the same theory I have as well. I went ahead and grabbed that one as well to try and see how it works. Amazon is great with returns so no worries there.
Please let me know how that a/c adapter works for it. As for the mobile battery packs, both look good but I am a little worried about Aukey products after I seen negative reviews on some a/c adapters. 1 being burnt up. (like melted from the inside out/bubbly looking)

So, has there been any discussion about how the initial run of Switch Consoles are having sync/connectivity issues with the JoyCons?

I was debating going out Thursday night to pick one up at a launch event (I was able to do that during multiple console releases here in my City), or just holding off till April/June when they iron out the initial launch problems.

I already ordered the games though. (bonus trade/pre-order credit)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-02-24-concerns-for-nintendo-switch-joy-con-connectivity-after-reviewers-report-controller-issue

http://www.polygon.com/2017/2/23/14711932/nintendo-switch-joy-con-issues-desynching

Game Explain can reliable reproduce the issue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=81&v=SbG3F9RwlcY

Somehow I doubt that's going to be a real problem for most people. I don't plan to cover the joycon with two hands or use it while it's behind my back, so I think I'll be okay.

Somehow I doubt that's going to be a real problem for most people. I don't plan to cover the joycon with two hands or use it while it's behind my back, so I think I'll be okay.
It still seems like a minor step down from the Current and Last Gen console/peripherals where you could play them under a blanket, or behind your back, or in many other arrangements and not loose connectivity.

Also, don't forget, while he was holding it outward like you saw there.. what about when it's side ways and and being used as a primary control. Where your hands are holding it like a traditional controller.

Eh, I plan to use the pro controller honestly, and never remove those controllers from the switch console.. hell it's going to be in it's dock and no where else once I get one.

I plan to use the pro controller honestly, and never remove those controllers from the switch console.. hell it's going to be in it's dock and no where else once I get one.
Yeah, once I heard about the Joy-Con issues I just ordered an extra Pro Controller. I'll be glad to use Joy-Con when a game really takes advantage of them though. I loved the motion controls in Pikmin 3, for example.

It's happened to people even when the Joy Cons have been in the Grip.
I'm hoping my pro controller gets here on launch day. Hopefully Nintendo has an answer for the Joycon issue. I'm holding off on buying any other sets of Joycon until they address it.

Has anyone else's BotW preorder been delayed at Amazon? All of my stuff is still showing as arriving on the 3rd, but BotW doesn't have an estimated delivery date. I ordered it January 15th, so if it's a stock thing they would've been overselling for weeks, unless they drew straws on which orders to screw with.

UGH, i cant get myself to hit cancel on my Switch preorder! :wall:
I hear ya. Was gonna hold off until fall, but just can't seem to cancel my preorder. I might save maybe $50 if I waited and got some sort of bundle, so I might as well take the plunge and enjoy the launch as it happens. Got Zelda/Bomberman w/the Best Buy visa $25 off promo, and 5% off my Switch with Target Red Card. Day 1 gaming as cheap as possible.

Now hopefully Target doesn't wait until March 3rd to actually ship the system :whistle2:/

Has anyone else's BotW preorder been delayed at Amazon? All of my stuff is still showing as arriving on the 3rd, but BotW doesn't have an estimated delivery date. I ordered it January 15th, so if it's a stock thing they would've been overselling for weeks, unless they drew straws on which orders to screw with.
Nope, my ME still shows arriving friday

I sometimes play while holding the joy con inside my pants so it might be a problem.

I hear ya. Was gonna hold off until fall, but just can't seem to cancel my preorder. I might save maybe $50 if I waited and got some sort of bundle, so I might as well take the plunge and enjoy the launch as it happens. Got Zelda/Bomberman w/the Best Buy visa $25 off promo, and 5% off my Switch with Target Red Card. Day 1 gaming as cheap as possible.

Now hopefully Target doesn't wait until March 3rd to actually ship the system :whistle2:/
Ya, my only problem is i was stupid and i didnt preorder zelda and bomberman for $25 off promo... Which is why i kinda want to cancel, i dont want to pay full price for them :(

Ya, my only problem is i was stupid and i didnt preorder zelda and bomberman for $25 off promo... Which is why i kinda want to cancel, i dont want to pay full price for them :(
Is bomberman even online? I don't even know why you think that game is worth $60 even $20. Just get it on xbox arcade. The game never changes.

Is bomberman even online? I don't even know why you think that game is worth $60 even $20. Just get it on xbox arcade. The game never changes.
yes, 8 player local and online..... and the xbox arcade version isn't portable.... (and msrp is $50, $40 if you preorder with prime or gcu)

The game is online

Not to mention Xbox Arcade version the online is empty now.

You know except the Story Mode and Co-Op along with new possibly new items which isn't in the Xbox Arcade version.

Will the switch wifi be like the 3ds? Would I be able to connect it to the wifi at like starbucks or naw. Want to bring it between classes if that's the case.

Will the switch wifi be like the 3ds? Would I be able to connect it to the wifi at like starbucks or naw. Want to bring it between classes if that's the case.
Yes, after the day 1 update, you should be able to use on public wifi that use portals for authentication.

Trying to find a decent case for my new 3ds xl, I came to the realization that at most we are only going to be able to put on switch is a full body film, no hard case.
Considering this is going to be portable. I envision being on the train and getting bump and that's it for the switch.
Only thing is to come up with a removable system that won't damage the switch from repeated removal.

Trying to find a decent case for my new 3ds xl, I came to the realization that at most we are only going to be able to put on switch is a full body film, no hard case.
Considering this is going to be portable. I envision being on the train and getting bump and that's it for the switch.
Only thing is to come up with a removable system that won't damage the switch from repeated removal.
You can also just make covers for the Joycons. You really won't be playing it in handheld mode without them attached, and as the cover the corners, you should be (mostly) good. Of course that does make it a challenge to slide the Joycons into the grip though.

Well this is going to be fun to figure out...

If you ordered a Switch from Best Buy, keep an eye on your preorder. Numerous reports are coming in about an issue with orders, many of which are tied to a "failed authorization" glitch when it comes to payment. A Best Buy rep has confirmed that this is a glitch on their end, and they are working on it. If this happens to you, contact consumer service and they will open a ticket for you. Resolution for the issue should be handled within 48 hours.
SOURCE: http://gonintendo.com/stories/274804-best-buy-having-issues-with-failed-authorization-glitch-on-swit

bread's done
Back