Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread 2.0

Ugh I need to stop getting so hyped. I went to Meijer and the line was short enough that I could get one. Went back home though to eat dinner. I feel like I ought to wait a few months since I already have a Wii U. I still need to finish Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD :(
Go back and get one. You know you want to. Join us.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Got my number at Best Buy. Woo hoo. Getting the Neon. Hyped.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Dang what time zone are you in? i'm in central time and was going to wait until at least 10 to head up to best buy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my number at Best Buy. Woo hoo. Getting the Neon. Hyped.

Nice! I want to see if I can score a neon in the morning. At work now and have to be back in 10 hours. Cant stay out all night but have 2 grey systems pre ordered.. want neon now. But excellent that you got yours!

Nice! I want to see if I can score a neon in the morning. At work now and have to be back in 10 hours. Cant stay out all night but have 2 grey systems pre ordered.. want neon now. But excellent that you got yours!
Thanks man. Good luck on your end. Hopefully everyone gets theirs. Really impressed that Best Buy had this many. Over 100 people in line and they still have numbers to give.

Wow, wtf?! My Target Switch shipped out this morning, I thought those goons were going to ship it later. Yo, people are already getting their Switch, what the ......... how late am I lol?

Ugh I need to stop getting so hyped. I went to Meijer and the line was short enough that I could get one. Went back home though to eat dinner. I feel like I ought to wait a few months since I already have a Wii U. I still need to finish Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD :(
Go back and get one. You know you want to. Join us.
Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
One of us! One of Us! One of us!

Anybody at bestbuy where they already did tickets...did they do anything about zelda SE?
Nope. Nothing. They give you a sheet with the things you can pick to purchase with check boxes. Zelda SE isnt anywhere on that paper.
080bbb05c75d23c0067e872b43757b26.jpg

Already pre-ringed my preorder for a Grey System, Neon Joy-Con Controller, Pro Controller, and Breath of the Wild. Also bought the expansion pass, Zelda amiibo, guardian amiibo, and Zelda themed starter pack to store it. Heading back to Gamestop shortly before midnight to pick up. Pretty stoked!

I don't know if this happened to anyone, but Best Buy is acting weird for me. The order is labeled shipped, but tracking says only the label was created during 11am. However, the charge on my account disappeared. The holding charge when I pre-ordered it already came and went. I also had enough funds to pay for it, so I know it didn't reject the order. Is this normal for Best Buy? 

Just saw a "Switch to Sprint" ad at the top of this page, and actually considered it for a second just because they used the word Switch in the ad like five times.

I don't know if this happened to anyone, but Best Buy is acting weird for me. The order is labeled shipped, but tracking says only the label was created during 11am. However, the charge on my account disappeared. The holding charge when I pre-ordered it already came and went. I also had enough funds to pay for it, so I know it didn't reject the order. Is this normal for Best Buy?
Honestly I get weird charges from almost every place. I'll have pending transactions disappear, the items sent, and then the charge come back days later. Amazon is the worst, as I've gotten 6-8 charges and refunds for one order within a months time. They charge, refund, charge, refund, charge, refund, well you get the point.

So yeah, nothing surprises me when it come to these retail places.

Yup, you're fine. Tracking info just takes a while to update. Best Buy always does that with charges also, it will show back up in a few days.

Honestly I get weird charges from almost every place. I'll have pending transactions disappear, the items sent, and then the charge come back days later. Amazon is the worst, as I've gotten 6-8 charges and refunds for one order within a months time. They charge, refund, charge, refund, charge, refund, well you get the point.

So yeah, nothing surprises me when it come to these retail places.
That makes more sense now. I guess I've been lucky with Amazon usually. I guess this is what I get for going with Best Buy for the neon. :wall:

UPS finally got it. Delivery estimate is on Monday :(

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
for me this happens all the time, and the next morning UPS changes the delivery date from Monday back to Friday. And it gets delivered Friday. Don't worry yet, check in the morning and hopefully the same is true for you.

About 50 people in line. They just handed out tickets and most left. I'm just in my car waiting since I have mine preordered and it's ready for pickup.

On the east coast so BestBuy opens in about an hour. Only around 20 people in line but no tickets yet....

The benefits of the Switch being region free didn't fully occur to me until today. Taking a chance on Setsuna actually having full English support.

eSg8WBf.png

Technically I would've paid at least $1.60 more at full retail price for the US versions, but I do lose $12 or so on Prime savings for Disgaea 5. Seems like a fair tradeoff to get it a couple months early and to have a physical copy of I Am Setsuna.

My Mimi me is sleep on the couch. I will wake him up in a bit to head to B.B. I see the Sandisk memory card on the ticket. Does anyone have a preference on the cards that BB is selling?

Gamestop is about 10 minutes from opening and the first scalper arrived I think. Started banging on the doors and was talking with employees. Now parked in handicap space.

The benefits of the Switch being region free didn't fully occur to me until today. Taking a chance on Setsuna actually having full English support.

eSg8WBf.png

Technically I would've paid at least $1.60 more at full retail price for the US versions, but I do lose $12 or so on Prime savings for Disgaea 5. Seems like a fair tradeoff to get it a couple months early and to have a physical copy of I Am Setsuna.
if Setsuna has full english menus on top of the subs I'll def import

I'm at best buy right now and they gave out tickets to those who pre ordered. They also let everyone inside and provided free snacks.

Only 830 out here in Cali. So show up to Best Buy around 1120 it sounds like? System has been preordered so hoping for an in and out experience.

As expected Amazon shipped my stuff at 8:30pm for delivery tomorrow. My friend is currently at Walmart with 20 people in line. Just worked 12+ hrs or I would have went for a Pro Controller.

That makes more sense now. I guess I've been lucky with Amazon usually. I guess this is what I get for going with Best Buy for the neon. :wall:
I just recently got Prime, so I'm going to see if that fixes the situation, as I normally get their free shipping, and I don't know if they plan to ship one day, charge my account, and then change their minds, so they refund it, or what.

I normally have funds in my account, so I never really notice it until I check my statement each month, and that's when I find the utter chaos throughout the month. I never even bothered to call and ask what the fuck they are doing each month, as it's never been a problem, but it really seems like it could be an issue for some, as it makes no sense why they do it.

Can someone please explain the Walmart preorder thing? Like there are 36 people here that locked in a "pre-order" and they're paying in full right now. Did I miss something?

eSg8WBf.png

Whaaaaat I can't read this. We can't order this from amazons regular site? Can I use my credit?

Anyone have any luck getting a SE of Zelda without a pre order at BestBuy? I am about to head out and wonder how many if any they have for non pre orders.

If I ordered my switch for in store pickup at Best Buy, am I able to grab it at midnight for that stores opening? (Yes, I can confirm that store is doing a midnight opening)

Whaaaaat I can't read this. We can't order this from amazons regular site? Can I use my credit?
If you want to import a game from Amazon, you have to use Amazon.co.jp, which requires a separate Japanese account. Gift credit would be linked to your .com account, so it'd be useless. The only exception would be if a third-party seller were selling an international release directly on Amazon's US website.

Just neon so far, apparently.  Search only came up with that one.

Figured they would have everything Amazon has, but maybe not.

bread's done
Back