Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread 2.0

So I have a 10% off any purchase coupon at Best Buy. In the exclusions it lists Playstation 4 and Xbox One consoles but leaves out the Switch. Lady wouldn't let me try to use it. Anyone have one and tried it?

At least throw in a HDMI cable lol. I know it's meant to be a replacement part but they know the real reason why most people are buying an extra.
I honestly don;t see the point of buying an extra, replacement is one thing but you're way better off just getting another system.

My Amazon Switch also still says "preparing" but that I should receive it by 8 pm.

Got all excited when UPS pulled up. He had my games but no system. Said that if there were no tracking, it's probably being delivered by USPS. My mail is usually here by noon, and it's almost 4 now. argh.

Ok thanks. I should be fine then. The one letter is hard to make out. I'll have my son look at it for me. Lol.

I bought a $35 card a few weeks back and a $10 card last night from Gamestop. Both cards mention WiiU and 3DS only, with 2 different logos used on their covers. Today, I opened my switch then linked my switch user to my Nintendo ID then redeemed the cards on the switch with no problems. I then bought Fast RMX and Snipperclips, so those cards definitely work.

Anyone taste a game card etc? No? Me neither.....the gallon of milk next to me is because I'm thirsty, not trying to get the taste out of my mouth......

Sadly, my Target order won't arrive till Monday.  I have the regular edition Zelda and Pro Controller waiting at home.  I guess it's just as well since I managed to get an SE BotW from TRU this morning and that won't arrive till Wednesday.

Anyone taste a game card etc? No? Me neither.....the gallon of milk next to me is because I'm thirsty, not trying to get the taste out of my mouth......
LOL

The first thing my wife said to me when she got back from getting her morning coffee was that NPR was running a story on how many people were tasting switch carts. I thought it was just the one video linked in this thread, but apparently it's becoming a thing...

Just got a Zelda Special. Ghetto Walmart still had 8 when I left.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
0210-in-ghetto-blog.jpg

my amazon order just got delivered, too bad im at work. :cry:

ive never tried to taste any cartridge, and im not going to start now. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently the taste thing is entirely intentional. Nintendo was worried that small children would accidentally swallow the Switch game cards, so they intentionally applied a substance to the game cards that is designed to prevent people from trying to eat them. So the game cards tasting bad isn't just some production side-effect, it's pre-meditated. Don't put these things in your mouth, they have industrial-strength chemicals on them specifically designed to taste awful.

LOL

The first thing my wife said to me when she got back from getting her morning coffee was that NPR was running a story on how many people were tasting switch carts. I thought it was just the one video linked in this thread, but apparently it's becoming a thing...
Not only is it awful, there seems to be a mild irritant.... Either that or I found my 1st allergy....

I lucked out, I got my switch in pretty early today via Amazon (10:30am, which is rare for me), hell I got it before I had a chance and pick up my BoTW and Pro Controller pre-order! Here is my early impressions of the Switch: 

THE GOOD: 

-Setup was very easy. Took about 5 minutes to get to the home screen (Reminded me a lot of setting up a iOS/Android phone), and then took less then a minute to install the day 1 patch for the switch and about a minute for the BoTW day 1 patch. Hardest thing I had a issue with was the Nintendo Account for the eShop, but that was because I forgot to register for the new account system and was trying to use my unmodified Nintendo ID stuff from the Wii U. 

-Titles are pretty quick to load, and Zelda does not take too long to load up. 

-Physical setup was also very easy, and pairing controllers to the Switch is easier then the Wii or Wii U, which I always felt was a pain. One minor complaint is the USB-C adapter for the dock feels a bit shorter then I would have liked. 

-The joycons feel pretty good in the hand and when they are in the shell they do not feel as bad as I was expecting. A bit cramped, but nowhere near as bad as some of Nintendo's other controllers. They also feel a lot more sturdy in the Switch then I was expecting (although you still want to be careful, there is a release button on the back of it). The pro controller reminds me a lot of the Xbox One controller, and the Pro controller does come with a USB-C cable for recharging. 

-Swapping between the dock and portable mode is pretty flawless. When you switch to a pro controller or the joycons after docking/undocking, it asks you to hit the shoulder buttons to sync it and then press A to continue. Pretty simple. I have personally not had any issues with syncing yet. 

THE BAD: 

-The switch itself gets rather hot when taking it out of the dock, to the point where I would worry giving this to a younger child. I also worry that this might cause some defects. 

-The fan is also rather loud, a LOT louder then when I had my Nvidia Shield Portable. It does seem to change fan speed depending on temperature though. 

-I worry about scratching the screen every time I put it in the dock or take it out. I kind of wish it was designed a bit differently or have a open design in the front or some padding on the inside. 

-Everything is much more bare-bones then I would like. I really wish there was some app support or better options on the eShop, or just some functionality that other systems do. It just seems like a waste to have this tablet option and do nothing with it at launch, not even Netflix.

-All saves are currently store on the switch itself and cannot be transferred to a SD card nor another switch or backed up anywhere. That is pretty bad and needs to be fixed. 

-It is pretty heavy in portable mode, and is something you will want to get a case to store it in. It isn't nearly as bulky as the Wii U controller though, which is good. 

-Battery is pretty bad as previously reported. I went from 100% to 70% in no time in Zelda. When not in a game, it isn't too bad, but still. 

MIX BAG: 

-This might be because I am playing on a fairly high quality TV (55 inch 4K 2015 Sony Bravia), but the screen quality on the tablet is not as colorful as I would like. It is not terrible and defiantly a step up from the 3DS, but it looks a lot more washed out then I would like. With that being said, the TV mode looks great and even with Zelda being in 900p, it still looks quite good. Honestly, I am just impressed on being able to take recent console quality games on-the-go with me. I am worried about some of the titles that will run in 720p though. 

-I wish the right joycon had some of its buttons moved down a bit. Its not bad, but does feel a bit weird. I also wish the + and - buttons were not so close to to the picture and home buttons on the Pro controller. 

First impressions are good for the most part and I am liking the switch, but I am worried about the actual power of it and how viable it will be with bigger titles or 3rd parties. 

You know you bought too much stuff when you go to Best Buy to pick up your stuff and they say "Oh, it's you." 😅😅
I went in and the guy that doesn't even handle me much whipped out my switch preorder for me. ( I just went there for my games not the console yet) I need a better disguise

Is Super Bomberman R rare? It doesn't seem worth $50, but it seems like availability is weird. I've seen none at some stores, and piles at others. Since it seems like a game that might not continue selling well once more titles are released, I am worried there might not be any more coming.

Is Super Bomberman R rare? It doesn't seem worth $50, but it seems like availability is weird. I've seen none at some stores, and piles at others. Since it seems like a game that might not continue selling well once more titles are released, I am worried there might not be any more coming.
If I recall correctly, there is limited availability for bomberman. Not sure if they are going to make another run of the game or not yet.

Bestbuy shipped neon joycons, charging grip and pro controller but no delivery date.

Amazon hasn't shipped Zelda 1-2 switch or most importantly gray system [emoji31]
Bestbuy botched the shipping. Won't get here until Monday. Good news is my switch with Zelda was delivered from Amazon! Can't wait to get off work! Only bummer is no pro controller or 4 player snipper clips this weekend.

what is the different between Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment & Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove? should i play one 1st before the other?

this will be my 1st time playing shovel knight series.

Bestbuy botched the shipping. Won't get here until Monday. Good news is my switch with Zelda was delivered from Amazon! Can't wait to get off work! Only bummer is no pro controller or 4 player snipper clips this weekend.
Maybe its just me, but I always had shit luck with Best Buy and getting stuff day 1. I ordered Horizon back before it launched and it just got here today (and just shipped yesterday). Their in-store pickup has been pretty great for me though, especially since I only live less then 5 minutes away.

what is the different between Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment & Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove? should i play one 1st before the other?

Same question. Looking for something else to play.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

what is the different between Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment & Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove? should i play one 1st before the other?

The cheaper of the 2 is just that portion of the game (new dlc/update) where the more expensive is the whole thing. They did it that way so owners of the previous version didn't have to rebuy the while game

Got confirmation that my system was delivered and waiting for me once i get home  :D/ .

Has anyone set up a CAG friend request page yet? (Damn Friend codes  :wall: )

Would love to play a couple rounds of Bomberman with some people from here.....once i get through my first 20+ hours of zelda.  :bouncy:

Treasure trove includes everything including Spector and original game. Spector is just the standalone.

http://yachtclubgames.com/2017/02/specter-of-torment-and-treasure-trove-initial-release-date/

The cheaper of the 2 is just that portion of the game (new dlc/update) where the more expensive is the whole thing. They did it that way so owners of the previous version didn't have to rebuy the while game
thanks for the info

i would have been mad if i got both, not knowing.

I was fortunate to get one at the best buy in Savannah, GA around 2:30 this afternoon. I headed over for a meeting.

I live in the Bluffton, SC area and it is sold out everywhere. If anyone is in the area...when I left the Savannah best buy; they still had 3 shopping carts full behind customer service...so over 20 consoles easy (only gray left). snagged zelda. I was not really hunting for one...but figured it was worth a shot. 

now I just need to locate a pro controller. 

So I have a 10% off any purchase coupon at Best Buy. In the exclusions it lists Playstation 4 and Xbox One consoles but leaves out the Switch. Lady wouldn't let me try to use it. Anyone have one and tried it?
I tried at midnight and the guy told me the same thing. I let it go and decided to go to a different Best Buy this morning to do a return-rebuy. The girl tried it, but it wouldn't work. I showed her the exclusions list and pointed out Nintendo wasn't listed. She called over her manager and repeated what I said. The manager honored it and just added a $30 discount (didn't actually use my 10% coupon)

I was fortunate to get one at the best buy in Savannah, GA around 2:30 this afternoon. I headed over for a meeting.

I live in the Bluffton, SC area and it is sold out everywhere. If anyone is in the area...when I left the Savannah best buy; they still had 3 shopping carts behind customer service...so over 20 consoles easy (only gray left). snagged zelda. I was not really hunting for one...but figured it was worth a shot.

now I just need to locate a pro controller.
pro controller in stock at amazon if you don't mind waiting.

https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Pro-Controller/dp/B01NAWKYZ0/ref=sr_1_1?tag=slickdeals&ascsubtag=e51e4f0c005811e7a36bae5b855235db0INT&s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1488576668&sr=1-1&keywords=pro+controller+switch

I tried at midnight and the guy told me the same thing. I let it go and decided to go to a different Best Buy this morning to do a return-rebuy. The girl tried it, but it wouldn't work. I showed her the exclusions list and pointed out Nintendo wasn't listed. She called over her manager and repeated what I said. The manager honored it and just added a $30 discount (didn't actually use my 10% coupon)
I got the same coupon and in the fine print it says it doesn't work on consoles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. That kind of stuff doesn't fly at my BB so I'll find another way to use it. I was hoping they were lazy in the programming.

It just started and yes it does get worse. I was told by two coworkers that theirs got to a point that it hurt to do just about anything. Since it is new, they are unable to do any tests to check it fully out.

I got a nice anti-inflammatory that is for arthritis and it has seemed to help some.

My Zelda ME just arrived also.
Bummer, well if the drugs help, that's good for now, hopefully it doesn't get to the point of needing surgery, but if it does, that may be for the best. Good Luck, and enjoy your NS when you finally get to play it.

First impressions are good for the most part and I am liking the switch, but I am worried about the actual power of it and how viable it will be with bigger titles or 3rd parties.
If power and 3rd party support was a factor for you, this might not have been the best buy. 1st party games and indie titles will probably define the system over it's life, which is fine for some, but thinking this is getting any AAA PC/ONE/PS4 titles, I doubt you'll see any.

"N" has kind of addressed the joy-con issue, but it appears that the problem, is not a problem for them. Here is the list of fixes they offer:

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22513/p/897/session/L3RpbWUvMTQ4ODU3NDI4My9zaWQvZlVDWUdzc0JpTmsxb1ltTTh1d2h5ajlkQmpDZFN4U3VnaGhYRWhVcDV2c1ltU1dCbSU3RUs5a2prNm93ZUhvd0ZBR215ZWJ3akZHM0VwX1ZiT0Y0MEhlbzI2Vm1rS21BYWtTZUVRZ3VjRlh

Best Buy Switch arrived... giant warning labels on the box about handling and the UPS guy just tossed it (and BotW) in the snowdrift next to the door. Classy.

Amazon Switch has not shipped. Still says delivery by 8PM. Seems unlikely.

My package is considered lost by amazon. I'm never ordering a system from them again.
They probably packaged it poorly(which is 90% of my Amazon orders), and some one saw what it was and stole it. For packages to go missing, the label has to come off, which can happen, but thievery is most likely.

They probably packaged it poorly(which is 90% of my Amazon orders), and some one saw what it was and stole it. For packages to go missing, the label has to come off, which can happen, but thievery is most likely.
My package is considered lost by amazon. I'm never ordering a system from them again.
Watch.... you live in the same house in a decade or two and it shows up like those missing letters. Then its a new and sealed system a decade from now... hey it could happen.. silver lining.

So what is their stance? They going to refund or hold your money for 30 days why they see if its located?

What did their customer service department say? I've ordered a ton of stuff from Amazon and I've yet to have anything lost in transit.
I called their customer service rep, and he said they didn't know where it was and they never received a confirmation that it shipped.

So after sitting on hold for around twenty minutes, they declared the package lost in transit. Funny because it still just says shipping now in the order section. Brick and mortar it is from now on.

So what is their stance? They going to refund or hold your money for 30 days why they see if its located?
They'll normally refund you right away. Even though their packaging sucks, CS is pretty good in this situation. I had a box go missing once, and after 1 day, they resent everything next day air. In this case, since they can't replace it, they should refund right away. I've had items arrived damaged, and they where LE stuff(that couldn't be replaced), so I raised a stink, and they let me keep it all, and refunded me 100% of the cost.

and of course.... the included HDMI cable isn't long enough to reach my HDMI switch (no pun intended) So far, I'm impressed (using hand help mode) Screen is NICE, system is light (just a bit heavier than my Tegra Note 7 tablet) size isn't an issue (I'm a big guy, and still play my Vita and NON-XL 3DS for hours on end) but I do wish the spacing of the control grip was a bit wider, BUT..... since there is no electronics in it (the "LEDs" for the joycons are actually clear plastic, guiding the lights from the joycons to the grip surface) so I can picture an easy mod to widen it (wish I had a 3d printer)

They'll normally refund you right away. Even though their packaging sucks, CS is pretty good in this situation. I had a box go missing once, and after 1 day, they resent everything next day air. In this case, since they can't replace it, they should refund right away. I've had items arrived damaged, and they where LE stuff(that couldn't be replaced), so I raised a stink, and they let me keep it all, and refunded me 100% of the cost.
Amazon as a whole seems really good with missing packages. I ordered a 4K blu-ray boxset from amazon uk ($37 US total!!!) and it didn't arrive after a month. They UPS'd a 2nd box 2 day air. Box was crushed, damaging the cases (movies were fine) and I contacted hoping for a credit to replace the damaged cases.... they gave me a full refund!

Watch.... you live in the same house in a decade or two and it shows up like those missing letters. Then its a new and sealed system a decade from now... hey it could happen.. silver lining.

That happened to me with some Virtual Boy games, sealed ones at that. I bought them on eBay from a Canadian seller. It was years before I got them, my mom called me out of the blue saying I got something. I was wondering what it was since I hadn't ordered something, I felt real bad since the guy refunded me but there was nothing I could so and most of his information was very illegible.

2 hours with the system and it's like the anti-Wii U. Everything is snappy, simple and the joy cons are way nicer than I thought they would be. Everything about this console screams convenience.

Nintendo has themselves a winner here.  

2 hours with the system and it's like the anti-Wii U. Everything is snappy, simple and the joy cons are way nicer than I thought they would be. Everything about this console screams convenience.

Nintendo has themselves a winner here.
does the system seem it will hold up... Trying to figure out to buy the 2 year warrnty on it

bread's done
Back