Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread 2.0

right now im using this skinomi wet install screen protector, which works just fine till i got these 2 glass screen protectors that i ordered from amazon. one of the glass ones i get this week.

skinomi

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MUC8Q63/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

glass

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06X3YVS71/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N9RG3XS/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Think you should get the one Agadama posted if you can. That one has a five star rating from 69 customer reviews. The two you posted aren't really proven yet. One doesn't have any reviews, and the other just has one review.

Btw, were you able to 3D print the dock? Would love to see the pics!

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW, I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but "skins" for the NS are a no go. They can damage the NS case as well as pull the design logo's off as well. If anyone has already applied them, you may want to leave it on, are get some "un-du" and hope for the best.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/5xc5si/warning_do_not_skin_your_nintendo_switch/
Gotta give props to dBrand for being that honest and forthcoming, and for not releasing a product that could have made them money in the short term. They just earned themselves a customer.

Glad I read this, too. Will not skin my Switch anytime soon.

Hi guys & gals- here's my "amFilm 2-Pack Glass Protector" review:

Pros:

1. Cheap. I purchased it for $9.99 (includes 2x protectors) & it's up @ $10.99 now. I'm fairly certain it was $8.99 at one point. I was ready to purchase a Cyber Glass item @ Playasia if these weren't decent.
2. Good quality.
3. Clear instructions & 2x pairs of prep wipes are packed in as well.

Cons:

1. 1x protector had a "toothpick" diameter impact mark on the glass.
2. While the instructions are very clear, I feel that holding the final plastic tabs on both ends (before actual contact between the screen & the glass), is a bad idea. Here's why:

The tabs weren't strong enough to hold up the glass & then suddenly plop, it dropped mal-aligned. The result was lifting the glass back up & that's a PITA. On my last image, you'll see a swarm of dust resting where I lifted.

I would suggest holding the perimeter of the glass, & after LINING up the indicators, place it down quickly. Pull the tabs thereafter.

I'm going to contact the company for a replacement & I'm positive they'll ship me a new glass.

Lastly, for some reason some of images didn't upload with the correct Rotation.
Thanks for the heads up. Decided to go with this one as well after looking at the pic of the scratched up Switch. Going to heed your recommendation about the tabs.

I can't believe this is still happening. Pic from NeoGAF

Zy8TFLQ.jpg

Goddammit, Nintendo. Can't believe they're still committing the same mistake with the Switch. Now hoping my shipped Switch doesn't have a TFT or whatever lower quality panel that is.

Has anyone here been able to compare the screens in person and noticed a difference?

"Not sure if this has been mentioned, but wired internet in handheld works."

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/5xiugn/not_sure_if_this_has_been_mentioned_but_wired/?st=izvp8xah&sh=28a9785e

Neat

This was the case for me, my zelda isn't shipped out till next week.
I cannot recommend Bomberman R even for the co-op for $50/$40 after buying it.
Worth noting that the online has huge delay lag.

Local multiplayer is fun, I had a chance to try 6 players on a large tv.
This is surprising coming from you. Judging from your previous comments I know how much of a fan you are about the series. Still feel this way about this game after a couple of days?

Glad I didn't keep my preorder either way. I have the game first in line on Gamefly. Hope it's shipped soon. Will see for myself how I feel about it.

[/spoiler]

Goddammit, Nintendo. Can't believe they're still committing the same mistake with the Switch. Now hoping my shipped Switch doesn't have a TFT or whatever lower quality panel that is.

Has anyone here been able to compare the screens in person and noticed a difference?
I couldn't find the original post and assume it's from another thread.

Was this an article or did the poster happen upon this?

I'm assuming the upper one is the better screen?

Now I'm sitting on 4 switches, do I check them bf giving 3 out or just let it lie.
I preordered the Pikachu 3ds xl at 3 different places, just in case.
All three came in and I assume they were all TN since they all appeared the.
The screen for startup and home on them are yellowish like the bottom one. Is this a indication that it's the cheap one.

My switch has a very clearly white start up and menu screens.

Anybody know the file system for the micro sd card. Is it the limiting exFat or the NTFS?

I guess I could try both and see if NYGS works.

No article I've read states the file system,

Bc it takes large micro SD doesn't s mean it's NTFS, my samsung s5 takes 64gb size ones but it has to be formatted Fat 32 or exFat.

Just dropping a line that new Zelda is INCREDIBLE. 

I haven't been this hooked on a game for a really, really long time. About 12 hours or so in and the puzzles have gotten SO good. 

I'm playing on the Wii U, fwiw, with Pro Controller, and it looks really great. 

Only knock I have is I wish I could re map buttons. 

I haven't been this hooked on a game for a really, really long time. About 12 hours or so in and the puzzles have gotten SO good.

You're not making this any easier for me:). I was set on buying the Wii U version, before my wife "approved" of buying the Switch. Just waiting for Best Buy to restock.

Agreed on controls. Options are good. Not sure if you noticed but run/jump can be swapped in the options.

Agreed on controls. Options are good. Not sure if you noticed but run/jump can be swapped in the options.
Yea, I changed that almost right away. Very weird controls compared to other games.

Are they restocking the Special Edition for the Switch? I got that, but won't hold onto it if more are on way.

I agree, this game is amazing. I am loving the switch. It is so nice being able to carry Zelda around. I probably have around 25 hours and feel like I just started. This game is massive.

Well the Switch controller is just terrible, I can't imagine using this controller much more. Besides for the actual uncomfortable feeling of it, the button mapping is horrible. I must have killed myself and thrown weapons by mistake dozens of times already. It's really sad that the controller is ruining the game for me.

Well the Switch controller is just terrible, I can't imagine using this controller much more. Besides for the actual uncomfortable feeling of it, the button mapping is horrible. I must have killed myself and thrown weapons by mistake dozens of times already. It's really sad that the controller is ruining the game for me.
I'm having this same issue. Damn I thought it was only me. Come on Hori bring on that cheap pro controller.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Anyone have one of the moments yet when you're playing and go, "Alright I'm just gonna go activate that tower and I'll be done for now." Then you see a shrine. Then you see an area where a memory might be. Then you find another shrine. Then you talk to someone who tells you where something cool is. Then you're like, "Damn, might as well activate that tower." Then you get to the top and see a hundred new things to do and realize it's been four hours since you said you were done.

Haven't seen demos in stores yet, but I never seen any for the Wii or WiiU either.
Wii's I saw a lot of, but the U not so much. I can think of maybe 3 stores in town where I've seen a Wii U display unit out of 20+ stores. It's not like I'm buying an NS next week, so I'm sure I'll get to try it at some point.

Gotta give props to dBrand for being that honest and forthcoming, and for not releasing a product that could have made them money in the short term. They just earned themselves a customer.

Glad I read this, too. Will not skin my Switch anytime soon.
Yeah, that was cool, as it was only going to cause issues later, so being up front was for sure best, but we all know how many places go for those fast bucks more often than not. Good to see a business that still stands for something.

[/spoiler]

Well considering all the quality control issues so far, having these different screens is no surprise, as they have at least IMO, been pinching pennies for awhile now. So I'm sure they buy these screens at the best rate they can, and overall quality may or may not be a big concern.

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to starting this soon myself, it sucks because I've been super busy this week, and probably next week as well, so no telling when I can start. I have a pro controller I bought years ago on sale, that I can finally get some use out of. Since they took out the tablet features, I see no reason to use that now.

As for the button mapping, that sucks you can't reassign them, when will "N" just offer basic choices? Damn, I remember being able to assign buttons back in the 16-bit era. I guess if it's a big enough issue, it may get an update in the hacker community, as I remember the Wii DKCR getting a fix for that worthless waggle roll crap, but sadly I didn't find out about it until long after I gave up on the game.

Your talking about the joy-con not the pro controller I hope?

I agree, this game is amazing. I am loving the switch. It is so nice being able to carry Zelda around. I probably have around 25 hours and feel like I just started. This game is massive.
Yeah I haven't played much but was surprised I was enjoying it on the handheld screen. I always chose tv over playing on the Wii U gamepad. I think the much better screen quality of the Switch and the fact you can use it anywhere has changed that for me.

Then when your battery gets low you move back to the tv lol. That's what my kid did yesterday.

Yesterday somebody came up with a great idea for preventing console getting scratch installing it and removing it, with a piece of felt cloth.
I don't know if the felt anti scratch pads with self adhesive that they use for chair legs and bottom of statues etc. might be good. it might be too thick.

I wonder if using cloth would be a damaged if unit get hot from playing and charging simultaneously.

I thought one solution is to get a tablet stand and use an extension cable with Malé to female usb-c. Here are a few I found on Amazon.
Start with item #4 on down, 1st three r USB-c to USB-a.

It takes up a little more space, but might be safer.
https://www.amazon.com/usb-c-male-female/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Ausb%20c%20male%20to%20female

I have not used stand yet, but assume it works off the USB -c to connect to stand for TV play.

Your talking about the joy-con not the pro controller I hope?
Yep Joy-Con. I can't justify spending another $75 on a pro controller, after spending so much on one game. I am just going to let you all know I am not a big guy with huge hands or anything like that either, I am probably in the average world. The trigger buttons are just so awkward. I think I might get some type of carpool tunnel.

Thanks for the heads up. Decided to go with this one as well after looking at the pic of the scratched up Switch. Going to heed your recommendation about the tabs.
No problem! I applied it in my bathroom after a shower; the steam + small space will minimize a dusty environment. 1x super tiny dust somehow made it near the center during my application but apart from the corner mess, my screen looks superb!

I wouldn't say the mapping is horrible..... but I must have blown myself up more than killed by enemies. It's just a getting used to it thing....

but I do hate the joy-cons for bomberman!!!!!! so happy I picked up the pro controller.

Anyone have one of the moments yet when you're playing and go, "Alright I'm just gonna go activate that tower and I'll be done for now." Then you see a shrine. Then you see an area where a memory might be. Then you find another shrine. Then you talk to someone who tells you where something cool is. Then you're like, "Damn, might as well activate that tower." Then you get to the top and see a hundred new things to do and realize it's been four hours since you said you were done.
one more side quest then I'm done..... whoa a shrine.... I'll be done after this..... whoa I found a horse!!!!! What, this is interesting..... FAIRY POOL!!!! I need rupees....looks out the window and realizes the sun didn't set yet..... then looks at watch and realized I played all night long and have to be at work in 10 minutes....

From all the talk here, reviews and online videos I knew for me the J-C wouldn't work.
I pre ordered the pro.
As with all things I haven't gotten to it yet.
That too is tiny compare to Xbox and PS4.

Think you should get the one Agadama posted if you can. That one has a five star rating from 69 customer reviews. The two you posted aren't really proven yet. One doesn't have any reviews, and the other just has one review.

Btw, were you able to 3D print the dock? Would love to see the pics!
yes i printed the 3D dock that was at a 70 degree angle, i will post a picture later tonight when i have a chance.

I personally have been using the joycons for Zelda exclusively so far. Yes I've hit the wrong button so far but I kinda like allowing my arms to flop wherever or sit how I like so far.

Whoever said the game is 40-100 hours, I have no idea what they are smoking. I'm sure I put in close to 20 hours over the last three days and I have barely scratched the surface. Game is going to be insanely longer than "40 hours for the main quest".

Yeah this happened last night. Got tired around 1am. Then "just one more shrine". Which then became "oh there has to be a couple of korok seeds around here". Which devolved into "I'm at the edge of the world so I have to find the last shrine before going to bed". All of a sudden it was 4:55am.

I picked up the Pro Controller but have been using the Joycons for Zelda. I've pretty much only played in handheld mode though. Finally made it to a village last night when I shut it off. I'm about 12 hrs into Horizon but haven't been able to put down Zelda to get back to it. Great time to be a gamer, so many amazing games releasing. Really wanted to pick up Wildlands but I know I won't get to it. Almost bit during the BB DOTD. Three copies for $110+tax was so good for a game not released. Have a group of friends that want to play.

I prefer not to use the Joycons by themselves. I have short fingers, so it's a little more difficult for me to maintain a good grip on them for a long period of time. For a game like Zelda, where you need constant precision with the analog sticks, using the Joycons independently isn't an option for me.

However, I have found that using the Joycons with the controller grip works just fine. The grip anchors the Joycons, and is comfortable for me to hold. The diminutive size of the Joycons hasn't been a problem for me either. (again, short fingers) I could see how they might not be comfortable for someone with larger hands, but for me the small size and buttons isn't a problem.

I've noticed a little bit of chugging on the frame rate while docked. This has been especially pronounced in visually busy scenes, most notably for me was in the forest on the plateu. I spent a decent amount of time trying to hunt those wild boars, and there's a decent number of environmental effects going on in the forest. In more open scenes the performance has been considerably more consistent.

The motion controls feel better when operating in handheld mode. I think this is partially due to the controllers being more evenly and broadly spaced out in that configuration. They still work fine in docked mode, and I do appreciate the fine-tuning that they add to aiming.

After waiting forever the one order I was sure I was getting shipped from Walmart, the Zelda SE, got cancelled due to a glitch in there system, their working on it, but don't know what that means. I'd call but I placed a pickup order, luckily, after I saw I got a cancellation in my account page. It offered no explanation, but when I checked my email it stated do to system error.

The Joycons really feel like they just ripped off two sides of a 3DS successor and slapped it on a tablet. They aren't console quality controllers.

Aside from a few minor spacing gripes, I feel like the joycons are really what the Wiimote and nunchuk should've been. They feel similar as single-hand controllers, but not having to worry about a cable connecting the two is a relief. I remember having a SNES emulator on the Wii mapped to play Chrono Trigger with the Wiimote/nunchuk, and it would've been perfect if the cable weren't messing with the way I held them.

I think the joycons are great for what they are.  Who ever would have imagined detachable controllers.  The big question will be if they stand the test of time in regards to wear.  Anything plastic with moving pieces and clips is going to wear out at much faster rate and I certainly don't intend on ever spending $80 to get another pair. 

Whoever said the game is 40-100 hours, I have no idea what they are smoking. I'm sure I put in close to 20 hours over the last three days and I have barely scratched the surface. Game is going to be insanely longer than "40 hours for the main quest".
to truly enjoy the game, you'll be playing for a long time.... if you're awesome enough (or crazy) I think I read that it can be beat in less than 2 hours.... by just going straight to the final boss....

Speaking of blowing yourself up .... I was way, way on top of some mountain and I was trying to solve a puzzle with bombs. Blew myself up, shockwave sent me off mountain, plunging god knows how far down to my death.

It was pretty cool.

The Joycons really feel like they just ripped off two sides of a 3DS successor and slapped it on a tablet. They aren't console quality controllers.
Besides learning Zelda's controls, no issues for me.

I haven't played Mario Kart in years & I fear the flex of the Joycons in portable mode.

I ignored this forum for the past like 3 days once I got Zelda. Not gonna wade through all the pages. Is there a permanent alternative to the KS8000 constantly switching input other than an HDMI switch? I have just been unplugging the HDMI cable.

If not, is there a good HDMI Switch that supports PS4 Pro? Thanks.

I ignored this forum for the past like 3 days once I got Zelda. Not gonna wade through all the pages. Is there a permanent alternative to the KS8000 constantly switching input other than an HDMI switch? I have just been unplugging the HDMI cable.

If not, is there a good HDMI Switch that supports PS4 Pro? Thanks.
+1

bread's done
Back