Nintendo Wii Special Value Edition Bundle - $199 @ Walmart B&M

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Nintendo Wii Value Edition Bundle come with a Wii System, Nunchuk, Wii Remote, Wii Sports Game, Wii Sport Resorts Game, and a Wii Motion Plus adapter, all in a bundle pack for just $199.00 at Walmart. The UPC # is 45496880156.

6286664aaa.jpg

Courtesy to nnbadboy from SD.

EDIT: There's no Black Wii Bundle.

EDIT: Online will be up tomorrow.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/05/walmart-exclusive-wii-bundle-includes-wii-sports-resort/

Last edited by a moderator:
My walmart in Memphis got freakin 22 of em' . That sure is a HELLA lot more than I thought considering about 21 of them are more than likely going to be stolen , LMAO

My Walmart has 50 or so but won't be selling them until Midnight...I had to go to two different Walmarts to get an answer but the guy at my Walmart (one closest to me) had no idea they were even going on sale tonight.

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']My walmart in Memphis got freakin 22 of em' . That sure is a HELLA lot more than I thought considering about 21 of them are more than likely going to be stolen , LMAO[/QUOTE]

I live about 90 min from Memphis. That sounds about right:lol:

[quote name='An J0e']black wii sounds like a reason to go to a doctor more than a reason to go to Wal-mart
:)[/QUOTE]

implied_facepalm.jpg

sweet got one they only had three and the lady was like I don't think I should be selling these now but she said oh well I've been in trouble for selling stuff early before.
=D

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Search Diapers on Bing.com to get 5% CashBack.

$199 - 5% ($9.95) = $189.05 + tax[/QUOTE]

Ah hem...

Actually it's $199.00 + ($199.00 x Tax Rate) - $9.95 = xxx

:nerd:

its pains me but ima have to pass on this deal...i spent wayy too much money on my ps3 I bought form walmart in December ( thanks to CAG I have 20 games!) havent payed over 10 bucks for them

hopefully there will be a bundle that comes with a extra game around black friday this year....i can wait till then since my backlog is so bug

Nintendo is saying: "Look at all these suckers going crazy for a free game, we should have done this 6 months when the console was not selling".

That's all I am going to say.

[quote name='oasisboy']Nintendo is saying: "Look at all these suckers going crazy for a free game, we should have done this 6 months when the console was not selling".

That's all I am going to say.[/QUOTE]
This!

Only reason I bought this is because my wife been begging for a Wii. Now I finally found one, yes I've been searching for years.

[quote name='oasisboy']Nintendo is saying: "Look at all these suckers going crazy for a free game, we should have done this 6 months when the console was not selling".

That's all I am going to say.[/QUOTE]

Console was not selling in the last 6 months? It only outsold the PS3 and 360 COMBINED.

[quote name='leopaw']Console was not selling in the last 6 months? It only outsold the PS3 and 360 COMBINED.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but...

Wii sales also fell during the nine-month period, going from 20.5 million in 2008 to 17.05 million in 2009. The shortfall came despite Nintendo cutting the Wii's price in September from $250 to $200 in the US...

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6248187.html

Iwata even said that sales have "stalled"
Iwata, speaking at a press conference in Osaka today, said "Wii has stalled. We were unable to continually release strong software, and let the nice mood cool."
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2009/10/29/iwata_says_wii_price_drop_effective/

This was said back in October of 09, that is why I said Nintendo wishes they would have done this 6 months ago for all those suckers who buy a Wii because of a free game.

[quote name='Zodiac080704']Only reason I bought this is because my wife been begging for a Wii. Now I finally found one, yes I've been searching for years.[/QUOTE]

I hope that was sarcasm :lol:

I want to get this bundle pretty bad... but then I realized I'm never going to touch either game, and even selling them to GS for an extra 50% TIV isn't going to bring the system price down to $150. /sigh

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']I want to get this bundle pretty bad... but then I realized I'm never going to touch either game, and even selling them to GS for an extra 50% TIV isn't going to bring the system price down to $150. /sigh[/QUOTE]

So don't be an idiot, and sell them on ebay?

Selling packaged software is always a bitch b/c it's usually in a sleeve with nothing else, then you gotta explain to the person, no look the listing didn't say it was complete, etc... yeah.

[quote name='oasisboy']Yes, but...

Wii sales also fell during the nine-month period, going from 20.5 million in 2008 to 17.05 million in 2009. The shortfall came despite Nintendo cutting the Wii's price in September from $250 to $200 in the US...

Iwata, speaking at a press conference in Osaka today, said "Wii has stalled. We were unable to continually release strong software, and let the nice mood cool."
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2009/10/29/iwata_says_wii_price_drop_effective/

This was said back in October of 09, that is why I said Nintendo wishes they would have done this 6 months ago for all those suckers who buy a Wii because of a free game.

[/QUOTE]

yeah, suckers who get a free game are suckers.

...suckers...

[quote name='thebytewasbit']That's some crazy shit right there![/QUOTE]

A shame I never ran into one of the Rock Band bottles around here.

Edit: Though I tend to not drink soft drinks/soda so that would explain why I didn't see them as well. It's possible they weren't available in Louisiana either I guess.

[quote name='oasisboy']Yes, but...

[/QUOTE]

So the sales went from Oh My God Awesome to just Awesome.

I fail to see the issue. :p

Might be in for one. I did just buy a wii and WSR from amazon but if I return those and get the bunde from walmart (we get a discount) I'll be saving about $80.

This needs to be the standard wii bundle so that there can be a good installed base of motion pluses so that game developers will utilize the thing more

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Selling packaged software is always a bitch b/c it's usually in a sleeve with nothing else, then you gotta explain to the person, no look the listing didn't say it was complete, etc... yeah.[/QUOTE]
This bundle comes in its own elongated box. A stupid Wal-Mart policy is that they insist on opening the box to inspect the contents, so if you want to give one as a gift, you have to explain why the box was opened.

Another stupid policy : I asked the sales guy about the return policy. He said it was 15 days. I looked at the sign and told him according to the sign, it should be 90 days. He said "Since it has a hard drive, we consider it a computer and must be returned within 15 days". I said "Ok, but it's NOT a computer and it doesn't have a hard drive either. It uses a memory card, perhaps you should consider it a camera". In any case, I think I have a pretty good argument should I need to return it within 90 days.

I took back a 360 to walmart 60 days later once.

And what do you mean they open the box to inspect the contents???

[quote name='maximumzero']So the sales went from Oh My God Awesome to just Awesome.

I fail to see the issue. :p[/QUOTE]

There was never an issue. All I said was that "suckers" are buying a console because of a free game. Nintendo wishes they would have done that 6 months when sales stalled according to their CEO.

[quote name='m00p2000']yeah, suckers who get a free game are suckers.

...suckers...[/QUOTE]

If you spend $200 because of a free game, then yes you are a sucker. Why not sell the console for $150 then let the customer get whatever game they want.

I doubt many are buying Wii solely because it comes with a free bundle of Sports Resort + Motion Plus.

The Wii has been out of stock for the past couple of months, so there are plenty of people just looking to get the console, and clearly Sports Resort + Motion Plus thrown in for free is a huge benefit.

Plus many people would likely buy that bundle separately anyway, and now they don't have to.

And if someone REALLY doesn't want Wii Sports Resort and a Motion Plus dongle, then they can easily resell it and make some money off of it.

More and more games are going to require the motion+, and Wii Sports Resort is currently the best game at showing off what it can do. This would, ideally, reduce the inevitable complaining about how Zelda Wii will requires a 20 dollar accessory to play

Isn't Gamestop supposed to offer a similar deal starting tomorrow? I believe there was a thread about it a couple of days ago.

bread's done
Back