Nintendo Wii U Console Basic Set and Free Nintendo Land Game

[quote name='Deader2818']according to this:

http://aussie-gamer.com/news/ninten...lla/discussion/embed/?vanilla_discussion_id=0

it has sold 1.8 million worldwide in 4 weeks.

According to this: http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41259/Global/

It has sold 1,817,166 through week ending dec 15th (849,068 in the US)

I know people have an opinion on all this and thats fine, but the numbers don't really lie.[/QUOTE]

VG Chartz is extremely unreliable. You can go by their figures if you'd like but no investor believes those numbers. The NPD numbers is the real thing. I've seen people go as far as to claim that their numbers are completely made up.

As for the other link, I'll let you in on a little secret, investors partake in illegal insider's trading CONSTANTLY. Only the big flashy stuff gets caught. If the price is going down in December then you can expect to see some kind of bad news when they do their next cc. It's also important to note that they compare it to the Wii which was constantly sold out and the PS3 which was $600 at launch in the US and $1,000 in the rest of the world. If the PS3 had been $349.99 then it would have been sold out at launch so these comparisons are more along the lines of fanboyism to make owners feel better about their purchases and hiding their heads in the sand rather than admitting it to themselves what's going on.

If you want to see an example of fraud, take it from me, I owned THQ stock. Take a look at the first chart. This is from holiday 2011. The large Wall Street guys found out during the holiday season that the uDraw was a failure and was going to cause THQ to take a 100 million dollar loss.
The stock price dropped from over $2 a share to about 65 cents a share in the middle of January even though there was NO NEWS released and NO INFORMATION about the uDraw failure.
http://www.google.com/finance?chdnp...&q=NASDAQ:THQI&&fct=big&ei=g27UUIisKMO50AHjQw

Meanwhile, the regular investors find out about it after the market closes on Feb 2nd. That spike you see on that day represents people buying THQI shares in hopes of good news from the cc (which as mentioned, occurred after the market closed). During that cc they talk about the uDraw failure and you can see the stock tanks the next day.
http://www.google.com/finance?chdnp...&q=NASDAQ:THQI&&fct=big&ei=n2_UUPCTCea50QGHcg

Nintendo's share price collapse could be incidental but these large fund holders are a bunch of criminals that find out insider information early.

[quote name='maximumzero']
It will not be a Dreamcast situation, and that's not up for debate. Sega was essentially bankrupt when the Dreamcast was on the market and they simply couldn't afford to support it. Nintendo has more money than Sega ever did and they'd have to release four or five "flopped" consoles before they got anywhere near to a Dreamcast situation.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo has 14-15 billion in cash and only has 5,000 employees. They're not going anywhere.

[quote name='Fukurou']I wasn't sure before, but now I know that you're just a Nintendrone. All you previous arguments are now void due to the ignorance displayed here.[/QUOTE]

I'd love to know your reasoning behind my so-called ignorance.

In Japan the 3DS is outselling the Vita something like 47-to-1, I believe. If that's not a flop I don't know what is.

If you have some sort of proof that the Vita is anything other than a failure in the US I'd love to see it.

[quote name='Deader2818']according to this:

http://aussie-gamer.com/news/ninten...lla/discussion/embed/?vanilla_discussion_id=0

it has sold 1.8 million worldwide in 4 weeks.

According to this: http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41259/Global/

It has sold 1,817,166 through week ending dec 15th (849,068 in the US)

I know people have an opinion on all this and thats fine, but the numbers don't really lie.

I don't really mean to try and derail or anything, but mostly showing some numerical facts that the system is doing well, and this could likely be the best deal we will see on the basic for a while.[/QUOTE]

Sure, but that's the entire world and there are almost always a fair amount of early adopters (even Windows 8 had millions, for example). It didn't do horrible by any means, but there were still systems on shelves after launch day at numerous stores. There certainly wasn't the frenzy there was for the Wii or even the Gamecube.

I just hope they've got a sensible long-term plan.

Numbers don't lie sadly. I know you really want the Wii U to fail but it is doing very well sales wise.

Its not doing well in Europe it seems, but in Japan it is doing amazingly well and the US has been strong.

"What ifs" don't really mean anything cause I could just say "if the Wii U was priced at 200 dollars, it would have sold 3 million units instead".

It doesn't really mean much.

Its funny, though, I give you proof its doing well, and you brush it off as "its just fanboyism!"

So again, this could be the best deal you will get on the basic for some time.

[quote name='bshirk']Sure, but that's the entire world and there are almost always a fair amount of early adopters (even Windows 8 had millions, for example). It didn't do horrible by any means, but there were still systems on shelves after launch day at numerous stores. There certainly wasn't the frenzy there was for the Wii or even the Gamecube.

I just hope they've got a sensible long-term plan.[/QUOTE]

People just like to have this idea that if they see it on the shelf, it must mean its not doing well, but if they don't see it on the shelf, it just means the company is with holding stock to drive hype and its still not doing well.

Its not a bad deal at all. Only things you wouldn't be getting is the stands for the system and the cradle charger for the gamepad but those can be had for 20 I believe.

Also won't be getting the 10% back on digital purchases program so something to consider if you plan on doing a lot of online purchasing.

I don't really know why it's unacceptable to discuss a console in a thread involving its purchase, especially since CAGs tend to give their opinions on games when people are making a purchasing decision... but ok.

So, my posts get deleted but the ones above don't? My posts were no more offensive than any of the others. Apparently, it's not OK to criticize a new system here.

[quote name='titanzguard']Just scored a price match at target.
Their price match policy states they match online competitors.

Got:
8gb wii-u
Nintendoland game
Wii-u stereo headset/microphone(free this week with wii-u purchase)

All for 302.xx(Used red card)[/QUOTE]

Just a heads up, I got a price match at Wal-Mart. However, I did have to haggle with the staff for a few minutes to get it.

[quote name='FadeToOne']I don't see why it wouldn't apply... at the very least there is an easy workaround... buy the bundle, return the new system with the old receipt, keep the game.[/QUOTE]

Don't they check serial numbers for things like this?

[quote name='titanzguard']Not sure if it matters to many...but target is offering a free $20 headset with purchase... Thats why I went there.[/QUOTE]

I think someone reported earlier being successful at getting the headset plus the price match of the free game. YMMV obviously.

bread's done
Back