PSNOT 2.0 - I kind of want to subscribe to IndieBox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a few series that do exploration and climbing as a minor element of the gameplay (TR, AC, UC) but it's not the major element of any game I'm aware of aside from that water city thing Tyler streamed for a while (which he didn't like much.) I guess maybe Catherine can count as being in this genre, kinda, though only on the climbing/puzzle side. It's a shame, because I really like the exploration and climbing aspect of the games that try it and would like to see it featured more.

This is what I was saying in my general feelings towards Nintendo as they are now. I'll never understand why they never grow as a company. I mean they should have taken that Wii windfall and brought in more developers. Instead they wasted it on the R&D that gave us the Wii U. I understand quality control is an issue the bigger you get but it's always apparent they just don't have enough people working there.

The sad thing is someone was talking about Chibi as in that the series has never been that popular (sales wise) and they were trying new things to get it to be something bigger. Guess this isn't it.

More and more of these games with this quality dilutes the respective brands.

I'm not really interested in a company that relies on Mario to carry the whole company anymore. It's getting old.

Nintendo titles still generally overflow with polish, its only the Metroid spinoff and this game that come to mind for hackneyed money grabs.

I do have an issue with all the 2D sidescrolling Mario releases as I feel those are the absolute worst in regards to reselling the same product over and over copy/paste style. I've never liked any of those anyway, found them to be boring. I love me some 3D Mario though and will eat up any released that way, always innovative and interesting.

Sorry to hear Topside. I wish I could give some PMA but all mine is going to my dad. He was having issues with his pacemaker and I'm currently bedside right now at the hospital. Don't mean to bring the thread down but if anyone has some extra PMA send it my way.
Sorry to hear. PMA on the way. Hope he's back to himself soon.

Sorry to hear Topside. I wish I could give some PMA but all mine is going to my dad. He was having issues with his pacemaker and I'm currently bedside right now at the hospital. Don't mean to bring the thread down but if anyone has some extra PMA send it my way.
sorry to hear that bums

Here's some free needed extra smiles for everyone today....a dude in a dinosaur costume running an American Ninja Warrior training course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=40&v=-6Pe1zQ1ySE

Nintendo titles still generally overflow with polish, its only the Metroid spinoff and this game that come to mind for hackneyed money grabs.

I do have an issue with all the 2D sidescrolling Mario releases as I feel those are the absolute worst in regards to reselling the same product over and over copy/paste style. I've never liked any of those anyway, found them to be boring. I love me some 3D Mario though and will eat up any released that way, always innovative and interesting.
Zelda 3 swords is another one. It will probably be fine but it's definitely a $$$ grab.

Citizens of Earth would be so much more enjoyable without these 2-3 second load times for every building entrance.

(And an auto combat button)

Hope your dad gets better quick Bums.

I haven't seen it posted, but Lords of the Fallen (PS4 at least) was $14.99 at my BB. I went to get Madden 16 at lunch for a last minute birthday present for my son, and noticed the price while browsing through the games. It's $29.99 on their website, so it must be in-store only.
Must be the original as that one no longer sold on their website but there's a Complete Edition up for pre-order at 29.99 coming out later this month.

Vanilla - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lords-of-the-fallen-playstation-4/5782136.p?id=1219158038420&skuId=5782136

Complete - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lords-of-the-fallen-complete-edition-playstation-4/4575900.p?id=bb4575900&skuId=4575900

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone here has any interest in visual novels, you owe it to yourself to play Steins;Gate. I loved watching the anime a couple of years ago, but after platting the game, I need to rewatch it because the story is so good and the characters are so enjoyable.

Noticed that TellTale is having a large sale on Steam.  If memory serves, we have usually had sales on PSN around the same times as Steam or X1 sales in the past.  If there are good deals on Borderlands or GoT soon I might bite.

Looks like even the Minecraft one is 10% off before launch in the Steam sale.

Hey Gator, did you farm for blaze rods in order to make eyes of ender? I started playing on my other account to see if I could get all the trophies by myself but I'm having trouble getting blaze rods to make blaze powder. I'm in the tutorial so I found the stronghold and the end portal but I need to make 9 more eyes.

The netherworld is kinda rough for exploring and I can't seem to find a fortress.

Hey Gator, did you farm for blaze rods in order to make eyes of ender? I started playing on my other account to see if I could get all the trophies by myself but I'm having trouble getting blaze rods to make blaze powder. I'm in the tutorial so I found the stronghold and the end portal but I need to make 9 more eyes.

The netherworld is kinda rough for exploring.
I seem to recall Stotch, Tyler, and myself dying an awful lot to those bastards to be able to get enough blaze rods for that when we played on PS4, yeah.

I can try to help at some point, but I am not sure when I would be able to right now. I have a borrowed game I need to blitz through starting tonight and another one scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

Beat that adventure time game, it wasn't too bad. It's zelda style, a top-down perspective with an overworld and 4 dungeons to explore. Platinum takes an extra playthrough so I'm not going to bother with it.

I seem to recall Stotch, Tyler, and myself dying an awful lot to those bastards to be able to get enough blaze rods for that when we played on PS4, yeah.

I can try to help at some point, but I am not sure when I would be able to right now. I have a borrowed game I need to blitz through starting tonight and another one scheduled to arrive tomorrow.
Any advice on where to find the bastards, or just wander around the Nether until you run into them?

Any advice on where to find the bastards, or just wander around the Nether until you run into them?
Keep an eye out for red bricks which is what the fortresses are built of. Not really sure there's any other advice to give, the fortresses are just created randomly. They're pretty big though, if you wander for a bit you should be able to stumble upon one.. The nether is a pain in the ass.

I'm not going to waste a lot of time trying to get them since it's my non trophy account and I certainly don't want to waste yours. I just wanted to see if I could get them all knowing what I know now. We can try it but if it's a pita I'll probably just skip it.

I really know very little about the nether or end portals since I just did what most people did and joined someone else's world. 

Keep an eye out for red bricks which is what the fortresses are built of. Not really sure there's any other advice to give, the fortresses are just created randomly. They're pretty big though, if you wander for a bit you should be able to stumble upon one.. The nether is a pain in the ass.
Everything is fucking red in there! I found some dark red bricks that I can't dig but that shit is everywhere on the edges so I assumes that's the boundaries. I did find these big bridge like structures that I thought were fortresses but I have no way to get to them .

You have to find the fortress part in the Nether to find them. It will stand out since it wont be the normal funky red brick that burns, but it can be pretty damn hard to find if you are not in a tutorial world where you can find coordinates on the web.

I want to say there was a website that you could enter your seed into and it would tell you where it is, but that might have just been locations of chest in the mail world and not the fortress, idk.

The bow seemed like the best way to kill them since you could get them from range. If they start lighting your ass on fire, it is going to be a bad time.

Everything is fucking red in there! I found some dark red bricks that I can't dig but that shit is everywhere on the edges so I assumes that's the boundaries. I did find these big bridge like structures that I thought were fortresses but I have no way to get to them .
Sounds like that is the place.

I'd join you but since the game doesn't let you bring anything into someone else's world I wouldn't last 30 seconds in the nether. We could do it on peaceful and explore like I did yesterday and then mark the fortress and exit out.

But don't you need blaze rods to make the potion station? Bit of a chicken and an egg thing. I guess if it is a tutorial world the potion station is already there.
Yes, you need to farm the nether in order to survive the nether and that's one of the problems I'm having. The amount of stuff available in the tutorial world for potions is limited. I think you need magma cream but I've only seen one magma cube and a ghast killed me before I killed it.

Might officially be done with that last Heroes of Loot trophy. I was playing on lunch...Dungeon 19 kicking ass with Valkyrie, enter Dungeon 20, arena room, 3 minotaurs right on top of me for insta-death. fuck 

So I tried out Metal Gear Online 3 and its pretty fun. Well the bounty and capture point modes are fun, not so much the disc retrievals. Would be a lot better with coordination on a mic instead of all randoms but I'm liking it enough to keep coming back and leveling up.

Heres a clip of me disabling two armed combatants with fisticuffs then fultoning them both to their death. In my loadout I choose these plushie puppies that are placed on the ground as traps, when someone gets near they go off and they lose control of their character while he stares adoringly into its plastic eyes.  :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mO10lBQ_5Y

Yes, you need to farm the nether in order to survive the nether and that's one of the problems I'm having. The amount of stuff available in the tutorial world for potions is limited. I think you need magma cream but I've only seen one magma cube and a ghast killed me before I killed it.
If you ever do survive to make the potion, dont forget to add redstone so that it lasts longer.

Oh.

I just can't see why the Tutorial level would be any fun. The two best parts about Minecraft is exploring random worlds and building your empire from nothing.
Yeah but that joy of exploration of a world wears off after the 3rd or 4th world if you are playing solo. I have all the trophies on my main and have put a ton of time in Minecraft and enjoyed it. Firing up an end portal is still time consuming even in the tutorial.

I killed a skeleton archer yesterday from over 50m when most people go to someone else's world and kill a trapped skeleton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back