Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Skins you say?
VG09rzm.jpg
They look like caggotosauruses

I'm usually the other way around. I'll rarely solidsnakey a SP game, I don't think I ever did that since Steam. With MP games is different. If my group of friends will buy a game to play it coop, I'll surelly buy it too.
Yeah, don't bother talking to MD about multiplayer FPS games. He only plays against bots so he'd rather get it when it's 75% off and the MP community is dead.

Yeah, don't bother talking to MD about multiplayer FPS games. He only plays against bots so he'd rather get it when it's 75% off and the MP community is dead.
Not always.

I played against live players on Drop Zone on SW:BF Open Beta.

Also, I had Titanfall on the day of release - since I won it in a contest; and stuck strictly to the MP.

EDIT:

In the old days, I had both Left 4 Dead 1+2 not too long after their release and played mostly with (in Co-Op Campaign mode) and against others (in Competitive Mode).

Playing with bots in L4D1+2 sucked. They weren't aggressive enough to suit me; especially since you have no commands to offer them. That's best played w/ other live players online.

I also played the hell out of MP's for Unreal; UT3; Quake 2+3; and RTCW mostly online w/ other players. That was the best era of competitive MP games IMHO, as most games had SDK's so you could always easily find a MP server and an endless supply of tons of mods + maps to keep the game's life going for a very long time w/ a constant influx of content

Last edited by a moderator:
That works for me. Hell I used to love to bake bread and spin wool and weave cloth back in the Ultima Online days.
That is my wife's singular gaming story. Her brother made her play one of the Ultima games (not UO, I don't think) and she says she'd just make bread, listen to it go "Bloop!" when it was done and then, when she was out of inventory space, eat the bread so she could make more.

Will it make me want to finish the game?
Damned if I know. I really ain't played much of the game. Not really that interested currently, given I recently played the hell out of DAI; and that I am currently working on Risen 3 for my RPG fix.

The 10GB patch-download files (in 4 parts) from GOG via browser is borked.

People complaining about it on GOG, as well.

I don't think they gave us all the files there.

Though, it updated fine via Galaxy though - which actually was a 17GB update.

The 10GB patch-download files (in 4 parts) from GOG via browser is borked.
I don't think they gave us all the files.

Though, it updated fine via Galaxy though - which actually was a 17GB update.
Their Polish patching system in parts (because Europe) on the web is fucked. It was like that with Witcher 2 as well, which made me finally give up and buy it for Steam (from a Shady key seller cuz I already owned it from Gog and wasn't going to rebuy it at full price)

Their Polish patching system in parts (because Europe) on the web is fucked. It was like that with Witcher 2 as well, which made me finally give up and buy it for Steam (from a Shady key seller cuz I already owned it from Gog and wasn't going to rebuy it at full price)
Yep. I had issues here + there with Witcher 2 on patching via GOG, as well in the past. Maybe I should wait from downloading from browser until they're just done with a game for patching, DLC, and whatnot.

At least when W2 was done w/ all of its content & patching (this was before Galaxy), I was able to re-download their newest files and they all worked. This way, updates and newer versions don't screw things up b/c they're all done with it - since they can't seem to get that crap straight when updating.

I'm really getting tired of their poor file integrity crap on when going through a web browser to do download. They sometimes forget files; give us corrupt files; don't have the proper version to go w/ the properly patches up (they had this w/ Outcast & Grimrock 1 in the past); and other nonsense.

I guess at least here, Galaxy-client worked right and updated TW3 properly. I guess I'll just have to use that for updating - since at least that probably data-checks to just grab the missing files + does updates to any old files.

No, but it's the only bit from their New Hardware Push that seems innovative to me or fills an actual need. Interested to hear how it works for you.
Yeah, I'll report here how it works. The controller and steam box initiative they seem to be pushing isn't anything I'm really into, but to be able to play my games on my big screen without running a 50ft hdmi cable or moving my computer is a big appeal to me. I used pretty much all steam trading card funds to purchase it so even it it's not as great as I'm hoping I didn't pay out of pocket at least

Goodbye Playfire rewards & GMG Credit.

Hi there,

We’re always looking to make improvements to the service that we provide here on Playfire, and in preparation for a new rewards programme we are working on, we have decided to review our overall Playfire credit scheme.

Sadly, this means that we’ll be expiring Playfire credit from the 30th October, so it’s crucial that you transfer any remaining Playfire credit into useable Green Man Gaming credit ahead of this date.

Do be aware that any credit you have on Green Man Gaming will expire on 13th November 2015.
Also free game, Shot in the Dark:

https://gleam.io/QnQnE/embed?

That's an awful lot of hoops to jump through for shot in the dark.

Now Secret Ponchos on the other hand.. Thanks a bunch!  It was good to get into the queue early and not have login troubles for once. :)

Those went quick! Or not, I just checked now, but it says it was this week's batch so hopefully I'll get in next week or when the european batch is released.
I missed out at first, but Carl was nice enough to give me his key. Hopefully you get a key so we can do a spoderfox event

Damn, I missed Secret Ponchos. Oh well. The most fun I've had from these Alienware giveaway games is Hover: Revolt of Gamers, which despite being in early access is in a decent state at the moment. Still needs more content though, but the developers are working on that.

Anyone have an extra Poncho?

Shadysite.com
At this point in time, its safe purchasing Mad Max from any of the so called grey market shops. The game has been out long enough. What is shady, or should be avoided, or at the very least cautionary, is pre-ordering on one of them. When there's big problems with games from these sites 99.9% of the time it happens upon release or within a week or two of.

I've purchased roughly 30 games from the G2A's CDkeys, and Kinguins of the world, not once have I lost anything or experienced any issue whatsoever bar a minor issue with some attempted G2a purchases.. The ones I will not deal with though are the ones who have ID verification BS and such (i.e. upon purchase they demand you send a scan of your DL or passport). I'd also advise against ordering from G2A unless you have Paypal money in your account (not a CC purchase) as the only time Ive had issues with them is "security checks" that fail when I try to buy via Paypal on debit card, but when I have Paypal wallet, never an issue.

bread's done
Back