Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
KtSKtbj.jpg

What about Red Dead Redemption getting a PC port and that one time The Secret World was on sale for $5 at Green Man Gaming?
Or Jet Set Radio Future HD? But of course Sega decides to port Sonic Lost World to PC instead. I have that game on a combo disc with Sega GT 2002, and it works okay on my Xbox 360, which could die from RROD at any moment.

They didn't say. They said it was for the online store. I almost went to my local store today to see if I could pick up a copy of Space Marine (they had one in stock), but since they gut all games, I had no way of knowing the game key would be really unused. I don't trust that store since they told me a game I wanted to buy wasn't in stock because an employee took the disc home with him.
Borrowing new games is common practice among a number of GameStops. However, PC games are off limits due to the fact that they have CD keys required to even be able to play. That aside, if you did have an issue, you could just return it and tell them that it didn't work.

Borrowing new games is common practice among a number of GameStops. However, PC games are off limits due to the fact that they have CD keys required to even be able to play. That aside, if you did have an issue, you could just return it and tell them that it didn't work.
I remember that one time when they gutted copies of Deus Ex to take out the OnLive code

Yea yea, Syphon Filter is a pipe dream since its Sony, but Tenchu's been owned by FromSoftware for a while now, so technically not an impossibility unless they Sony exclusived it like Bloodborne.
The Tenchu series was also on the original Xbox and Wii. It's not console exclusive.

Ha, I remember that. It was a bit of a different situation since that was directed by the publisher, if I remember correctly.
Nope that was all Gamestops fault. Gamestop removed the free Onlive copies because they believed it would hurt thier digital sales.

To follow up on a post from a few days ago, I've been having issues using Hola and the rest of the VPNs to connect to Origin Mexico. I just wanted to browse. I finally restarted my PC after installing the TunnelBear app and that did not have Mexico available as an option. Then I got ticked and looked around finally found an app called VyperVPN. This worked well. So if you're having trouble with any browser plug-in VPNs, give Vyper a try.

PSA:

Wildstar is now free to play with bonuses for all those that got it in whatever-that-bundle-was.

Everyone should feel free to continue not playing it.

Joking aside.  I'll probably give it a shot once it starts getting colder out and I have a little less goddamn-fuckin-outdoor-chores to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Email. For me only one account got it (broken account that doesn't transfer credit).

My guess is it was only sent to those who have non-transferred balance on Playfire.

WWE 2K15 is only $12.50 on Steam for the daily deal.  It's been 20-32% cheaper I think depending on what coupon you had at GMG, but not a bad price if you have Steam credit. Mine finally finished DLing so I'll give it a try soon. 

Email. For me only one account got it (broken account that doesn't transfer credit).

My guess is it was only sent to those who have non-transferred balance on Playfire.
Huh. You would think it would get sent to all Playfire/GMG members since that e-mail you posted also says that GMG credit will expire in November.

I guess I'll have to spend my remaining $72 in credit soon then. I'll probably just end up pre-ordering Fallout 4 and wasting the rest on something else.

WWE 2K15 is only $12.50 on Steam for the daily deal. It's been 20-32% cheaper I think depending on what coupon you had at GMG, but not a bad price if you have Steam credit. Mine finally finished DLing so I'll give it a try soon.
WWE 2K15 PC has syncing issues w/ saves from your PC to the Cloud...and vice versa.

I'd actually recommend using Accelerator DLC ASAP, before you even do anything in this game. The Accelerator DLC unlocks everything (wrestlers, venues, alt. attires, more clothing, more moves, etc etc).

[Otherwise - you'd have to go through Showcases, MyCareer, MyUniverse, and do whatever required stuff to unlock everything.]

Go to Option > Unlocks > then hit the key to Unlock Everything to use the Accelerator DLC.

I made the mistake of doing MyCareer before using Accelerator DLC; and then later using Accelerator DLC after finishing MyCareer - so then the game wouldn't always keep all my Unlocks synced, when I tried doing other things (i.e. just a regular exhibition match, MyUniverse, My Stables, etc). Sometimes, in other modes - My set Stables, Wrestlers, Unlocks would just not be there. Close game out, boot up again - oh, look; it's all there again. This would be an on and off affair w/ this game; really freaking annoying.

So, I followed some instructions from Reddit & fixed the problem by basically deleting, restoring, and resyncing certain files to reset almost everything except MyCareer Mode (which beats uninstalling & reinstalling this 30+ GB game) - but unfortunately, doing this killed all My Showcase Progress. But at least now, I could at least start from scratch and it sees my first save-sync now as everything unlocked.

Ain't had any problems since - though, hopefully I don't run into anymore mess w/ this game down the way.

For non-bros interested in some of the upcoming events this is the schedule for the next two weeks:

October 13th - Contagion

October 14th - Warhammer Vermintide Beta

October 15th - Damned

October 20th - Town of Salem

October 22nd - Left 2 Dead 4

The last week of October will likely be Killing Floor and hopefully TF2 if they have a Halloween event.  Might schedule an event on Halloween night as an excuse not to give candy to the neighborhood kids.  

Ok. Now everytime I think about WWE2K15 I just see a wall of text. Well done MD. My wallet is safe.
If WWE 2K15 PC didn't have these syncing save-game state issues w/ the PC and the Cloud, I wouldn't have to bring it up in the first place.

I figured since Foxy just did the download, I'd let Foxy know how to best try to avoid such irritating issues like I've ran into. This can go for any other WWE 2K15 PC owners, as well.

You all might want to bookmark that Reddit page in case you run into that issue, in case God knows what goes wrong w/ save-syncing, from downloading CAW's, modding, and/or God knows what-else.

I wasn't impressed at all with WWE 2K15, not at all. Sure it looks pretty but there's zero tutorial and the game just doesn't feel right. I've gone back to it on three separate occasions hoping that I'd "get" it, but I don't. This is a decent price but I'm not convinced it's a decent game.

THIS is a decent game:

510N4M6R3RL.jpg

I wasn't impressed at all with WWE 2K15, not at all. Sure it looks pretty but there's zero tutorial and the game just doesn't feel right. I've gone back to it on three separate occasions hoping that I'd "get" it, but I don't. This is a decent price but I'm not convinced it's a decent game.

THIS is a decent game:

510N4M6R3RL.jpg
I do love the Def Jam games, some of my favorite fighters ever. That said, they are more of an arcade fighter and not a real wrestling game.

[quote name="Flowette" post="12962652" timestamp="1444513454"]I wasn't impressed at all with WWE 2K15, not at all. Sure it looks pretty but there's zero tutorial and the game just doesn't feel right. I've gone back to it on three separate occasions hoping that I'd "get" it, but I don't. This is a decent price but I'm not convinced it's a decent game.

THIS is a decent game:

510N4M6R3RL.jpg
[/quote]
I still haven't tried it but are there superhero type skins like the console version? I just cannot find anything about it using Google.

Saw this and was like OH SHIT and then was like WELL SHIT because I noticed the Combo Only language.
Don't worry, it'll be a penny soon and half of us will miss out and Booby will get 20 and resell them and Motoki will never let him forget. I'm actually more looking forward to the entertain that will come of it than getting an actual voucher myself.

The last week of October will likely be Killing Floor and hopefully TF2 if they have a Halloween event. Might schedule an event on Halloween night as an excuse not to give candy to the neighborhood kids.
... TF2 has a Halloween event: Invasion. And all the maps from previous events should be active, at least on unofficial servers.

Don't worry, it'll be a penny soon and half of us will miss out and Booby will get 20 and resell them and Motoki will never let him forget. I'm actually more looking forward to the entertain that will come of it than getting an actual voucher myself.
Why wait? I can just Minority Report Bobby's ass right now and give him shit for something he has yet to do.

Can't trust dat Boobytastic. Flimitty Flamitty Scheistorama, Shady McShaderson who lives on Shady Lane I tell ya!

I just want a new up-to-date but same style of gameplay Syphon Filter but on the PC. A good Tenchu game would be great too.
I would do things I am not proud of for some Tenchu classics to come to PC but Wrath emulates just fine. Tenchu Z though... that's stuck on a dying generation.

Alpha Protocol was basically just like Syphon Filter but with an even worse plot, better bosses, and some hokey RPG mechanics. At least it was exactly like the PSP SF games.

So you people more familiar with the console/weeaboo world, how much do you think we're going to get milked for the fan servicey (as in pandering, not necessarily bewbs) DLC for Tales of Zestiria?

http://blog.talesofgame.com/en/tales-of-zestiria-upcoming-dlc/

psazK9I.jpg

It's totally cosmetic so I probably won't buy it if it's as expensive as I suspect it will be, but I kind of want it anyway. :p

On a semi-related note, the pre-order bonus campaign is at about 80% of the way to the 3rd tier with 10 days left so should probably make it to get Tales of Symphonia PC free along with it.

And yes, I Fakeyed at full retail price which I am sure is giving some of you an aneurysm right now just thinking about.

So you people more familiar with the console/weeaboo world, how much do you think we're going to get milked for the fan servicey (as in pandering, not necessarily bewbs) DLC for Tales of Zestiria?

http://blog.talesofgame.com/en/tales-of-zestiria-upcoming-dlc/

psazK9I.jpg

It's totally cosmetic so I probably won't buy it if it's as expensive as I suspect it will be, but I kind of want it anyway. :p

On a semi-related note, the pre-order bonus campaign is at about 80% of the way to the 3rd tier with 10 days left so should probably make it to get Tales of Symphonia PC free along with it.

And yes, I Fakeyed at full retail price which I am sure is giving some of you an aneurysm right now just thinking about.
At the rate it's going at, it'll probably hit 100% in 4 or so days. I'll preorder it then. The actual story DLC is free until mid-November, but you can probably just create an account and get the steam key for it without having to own the game.

I really want dat seaside resort costume set and maybe Idolmaster, not sure if I'm crazy enough to buy either of them at full price though.

bread's done
Back