Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
At this point in time, its safe purchasing Mad Max from any of the so called grey market shops. The game has been out long enough. What is shady, or should be avoided, or at the very least cautionary, is pre-ordering on one of them. When there's big problems with games from these sites 99.9% of the time it happens upon release or within a week or two of.

I've purchased roughly 30 games from the G2A's CDkeys, and Kinguins of the world, not once have I lost anything or experienced any issue whatsoever bar a minor issue with some attempted G2a purchases.. The ones I will not deal with though are the ones who have ID verification BS and such (i.e. upon purchase they demand you send a scan of your DL or passport). I'd also advise against ordering from G2A unless you have Paypal money in your account (not a CC purchase) as the only time Ive had issues with them is "security checks" that fail when I try to buy via Paypal on debit card, but when I have Paypal wallet, never an issue.
inb4 all keys are revoked tomorrow now that you've posted this

Massive Patch 1.10 is out for The Witcher 3.

It's about 10GB in size here on GOG.

Looks like it's up on Steam, as well.
My GOG galaxy version is downloading 17 GB! :shock:

I might get to play sometime tomorrow.

At least I will have plenty of time to read these 13 pages of patch notes.

Last edited by a moderator:
My GOG galaxy version is downloading 17 GB! :shock:

I might get to play sometime tomorrow.

At least I will have plenty of time to read these 13 pages of patch notes.
Yep, I think they messed-up browser-version files b/c that was only 10GB. No clue if they fixed it - but people were complaining on GOG's boards about corrupt files.

I had to run GOG Galaxy to get a full-blown 17GB patch.

Yep, I think they messed-up browser-version files b/c that was only 10GB. No clue if they fixed it - but people were complaining on GOG's boards about corrupt files.

I had to run GOG Galaxy to get a full-blown 17GB patch.
The Steam version update was initially 6.4 GB or something like that. They just rolled out another update that was around 380 or so MBs.

Bah, me too, $16.50 in GMG credit left. 

Also FU GMG for making me think your current sale actually has something to do with Adventure Time.

Are the Secret Ponchos keys dropping an extra gift in your inventory? I know the keys that they had from a while back used to give two copies.

Nooooooo! I still have about $18 of credit on GMG. I wonder how crappy their VIP selection will be between now and whenever they pull the plug?
Same here.

If I didn't already have KF2, that would be a no-brainer... but I do have it, and I don't have enough credit for the (still-overpriced) COD games.

Adventure Time sale @ GMG.

6 pages of bundle fodder, please ignore. Might find a couple +1s in there to blow credit (sans voucher) on. Probably not though.
I might grab El Matador. Twas in a bundle a year ago, but I guess I skipped that one. I've got $1.20 in credit which is apparently gonna expire in a month, so I might as well.

But yeah, I agree that it was pretty slim pickings.

At this point in time, its safe purchasing Mad Max from any of the so called grey market shops...*long ass SadPanda rant*
You know know they're not just shady because some keys got revoked on high profile games a few times right?

I don't expect people around to to have morals, and I don't always myself, but don't be a Bobby and try to act like shady shit ain't shady.

You know know they're not just shady because some keys got revoked on high profile games a few times right?

I don't expect people around to to have morals, and I don't always myself, but don't be a Bobby and try to act like shady shit ain't shady.
You're assuming that every game thats sold on there is "shady". The fact is no one knows exactly what is or isn't and yes, theres no doubts that there are shady things sold on these places at times. But, if I can save X and not worry about losing what I paid for, I don't really care if the key was purchased from Uzbekistan b/c their currency is lower.

If you want to pay more for assumed moral reasons go right ahead, but its hardly a "sad panda" when the majority of people fear these sites simply because of losing money or for rare mass incidents (i.e. Sniper Elite 3) and not to be on moral high ground.

Unless you plan on playing it on Windows 98, don't even bother. The game has severe issues with lighting and shadows on modern hardware. Don't make the same mistake I did. :(
Uh, the OS isn't the problem. It has those issues with AMD GPUs. Doesn't have them on Nvidia.

(insert people's exhibit #8729 about owning up to any "shady" activity)

I swear, it's like him and Drabe can't stop thinking about me lately. Even my hypothetical fictional daughter's mother doesn't think about me this much. :beer:

Unless you plan on playing it on Windows 98, don't even bother. The game has severe issues with lighting and shadows on modern hardware. Don't make the same mistake I did. :(
Uh, the OS isn't the problem. It has those issues with AMD GPUs. Doesn't have them on Nvidia.
It does have weird shadow issues (like a lighting box that follows your character around), but it hasn't hindered my enjoyment of the game. AND the issues are not strictly for AMD users. With exception of my dearly departed 8800gtx, I've had the same "shadow box" with every card I've bought since (470 670 and now the 970)

Edit:

Where are CAGs hocking AssCreed Syndicate and R6 Siege in the shit pit? I thought that promo went live already.

It does have weird shadow issues (like a lighting box that follows your character around), but it hasn't hindered my enjoyment of the game. AND the issues are not strictly for AMD users. With exception of my dearly departed 8800gtx, I've had the same "shadow box" with every card I've bought since (470 670 and now the 970)

Edit:
Where are CAGs hocking AssCreed Syndicate and R6 Siege in the shit pit? I thought that promo went live already.
I don't have the issue with my gtx780, the shadows aren't perfect though. They were terrible on my 7970. AMD has it the worst.

Actually, the biggest issue I had with the game is the framerate. It stuttered all over the place, but there's an easy way to fix it.. You have to change it so the game uses more than 1 CPU core.

I don't have the issue with my gtx780, the shadows aren't perfect though. They were terrible on my 7970. AMD has it the worst.

Actually, the biggest issue I had with the game is the framerate. It stuttered all over the place, but there's an easy way to fix it.. You have to change it so the game more than 1 CPU core.
I've never experienced any stuttering, myself. Always smooth and buttery. Now I'm hungry.

The game didn't have any speed issues here either, but everything looked like it was being illuminated by supermarket lighting, or pitch black.

Ladies and gentlemen.. I introduce the first T1 of the day!

image.png

u tell em madjoki!

(insert people's exhibit #8729 about owning up to any "shady" activity)

I swear, it's like him and Drabe can't stop thinking about me lately. Even my hypothetical fictional daughter's mother doesn't think about me this much. :beer:
No, Drabe can't stop thinking about MysterD. All dat sweet, sweet toaster booty. I guess if that's what he's into.

You're assuming that every game thats sold on there is "shady". The fact is no one knows exactly what is or isn't and yes, theres no doubts that there are shady things sold on these places at times. But, if I can save X and not worry about losing what I paid for, I don't really care if the key was purchased from Uzbekistan b/c their currency is lower.

If you want to pay more for assumed moral reasons go right ahead, but its hardly a "sad panda" when the majority of people fear these sites simply because of losing money or for rare mass incidents (i.e. Sniper Elite 3) and not to be on moral high ground.
Every game that's sold on those sites (save for part time shady sites like Funstock and Greenman) is shady. Those sites aren't authorized by the publishers to be selling those games. Period. If you don't believe me go ask some publishers if those sites are authorized by them to resell their games.

Now Nuuvem we're the ones being shady because they are (were) only authorized by the publishers to sell to South America and we're either taking advantage of a loophole or being out and out deceptive.

But to act like G2A and CDkeys and Kinguin etc etc is on the same level of legit as Amazon or Gamersgate or whatever that have actual contacts and contracts with game publishers is just some serious denial and Sad Pandaing.

photo-4119.png

TL;DR - Those sites are shady as fuck. Quit playin.

fucking Gamestop.

Other sites are having really good discounts on Deep Silver games. Meanwhile, they barely bother with 25% off on everything. I want to use my $10 discount coupon, you jerks!

Wait - what's this about $10 coupon at GameStop?
What do you do to get that, clip cereal box tops?
I bought a bunch of PC games from their clearance sale, all sold as "new", most were sent in beat up condition but complete, except for one which was sent as disc only. So I complained, asking for a replacement, but they couldn't give me one so they gave me a $10 credit for the online shop.

I was hoping they'd have a sale on Steam keys. And they do. But it sucks. :p I may just sell the code if it can be used by someone else and buy the games from another site.

I bought a bunch of PC games from their clearance sale, all sold as "new", most were sent in beat up condition but complete, except for one which was sent as disc only. So I complained, asking for a replacement, but they couldn't give me one so they gave me a $10 credit for the online shop.

I was hoping they'd have a sale on Steam keys. And they do. But it sucks. :p I may just sell the code if it can be used by someone else and buy the games from another site.
Can it be only be used on downloads?

Can it be used on retail boxed PC games?

If "yes" - you might want to lookie here:

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/349637-gamestop-physical-pc-games-starting-at-097-crysis-3-warhammer-40k-space-marine-in-store-only/

Maybe there's something here you're missing.

How can you not already own all of the decent Derp Silver games already?
I could see fans of Sacred 1+2 flat-out skipping Sacred 3 + Sacred Citadel.

And I could also owners of the original versions of Metro 2033 + Last Light say not owning the Redux Editions.

And I could see the vice versa - owners of Metro 2033 Redux + Last Light Redux not owning the originals.

Well, yeah, Sacred 3 is pretty bad.  Something you should probably avoid even at $10.  Citadel was bundled back when Humble Bundle was good!  Rebuying the Metro games is like the console peasants who 'double dip' -- it's for ice cream cones, not video games.

Well, yeah, Sacred 3 is pretty bad. Something you should probably avoid even at $10. Citadel was bundled back when Humble Bundle was good! Rebuying the Metro games is like the console peasants who 'double dip' -- it's for ice cream cones, not video games.
Yeah, I skipped Sacred 3 + Citadel.

I haven't seen Metro Redux games cheap enough to suit me, since I own the originals.

Every game that's sold on those sites (save for part time shady sites like Funstock and Greenman) is shady. Those sites aren't authorized by the publishers to be selling those games. Period. If you don't believe me go ask some publishers if those sites are authorized by them to resell their games.
lol they're not on the same level as Amazon etc, nor did I say they were. Im aware of what grey market means.

Publishers lol. Yea, we're talking about Mad Max, a Warner Brothers game, does it really matter to you how much they get from a copy sold on G2A? You yourself bring up Nuuvem. You're trying to take this moralist high horse when no doubt you've taken advantage of a price glitch, or used a VPN to bypass a regional restriction, etc. We all know price glitches are mistakes, yet we eagerly await them b/c we all know Steam pays the publisher anyway.

My argument is that buying on G2A/Kinguin/etc is not "unsafe" which was the only point of my comments. The likelihood of someone losing money or losing the game is slim. Their sources may well be shady, I don't care. Its also completely disingenuous to write off everything on those sites as "shady", theres more than a few people who use the marketplaces to sell off perfectly legitimately acquired games.

If taking a moral stand not to buy something on one group of sites, but at the same time taking advantage when possible to get games cheaper via other means is hypocritical.

For heaven's sake, no one is arguing about shady sellers on "moral grounds".  Everyone here is perfectly willing to exploit a glitch, regional pricing, etc.  People avoid them because of the risks of bad keys, be they because of publishers revoking them or purchased via fraud or whatever.  You've never had an issue - swell for you.  Others have.  Whatever the risk of getting a bad from ShadyKeys.com is, it's significantly higher than from any legitimate seller.  If you don't care or figure it's worth the risk then that's fine but don't pretend that this isn't the case.  It's not a question of morals, it's a question of statistics.

Can it be only be used on downloads?
They didn't say. They said it was for the online store. I almost went to my local store today to see if I could pick up a copy of Space Marine (they had one in stock), but since they gut all games, I had no way of knowing the game key would be really unused. I don't trust that store since they told me a game I wanted to buy wasn't in stock because an employee took the disc home with him.

Gamersgate is the worst of the shady-key sellers.

They revoked our free copies of Warlock 2, dammit.

And I never got my damn $ back, either.

For heaven's sake, no one is arguing about shady sellers on "moral grounds". Everyone here is perfectly willing to exploit a glitch, regional pricing, etc. People avoid them because of the risks of bad keys, be they because of publishers revoking them or purchased via fraud or whatever. You've never had an issue - swell for you. Others have. Whatever the risk of getting a bad from ShadyKeys.com is, it's significantly higher than from any legitimate seller. If you don't care or figure it's worth the risk then that's fine but don't pretend that this isn't the case. It's not a question of morals, it's a question of statistics.
Oh cmon, thats not the argument Motoki was trying to make. His first response to my comments he brought up morality, and in the 2nd he brings up the publisher.

I don't disagree with your statement. Problems DO arise on occasion, but its not an epidemic in my experience and in the few problems that Ive witnessed (espc with CDKeys.com) they went above and beyond to fix. However, I was only sharing my own experience using these sites. Nowhere was I equating buying on fredskeys.com to buying on Amazon and the "legitimate" sites.

Problems arise on every site buying something. I've bought games from Amazon with used keys, they replaced it. Ive not had one key revoked or not activate what I paid for once on G2A, Kinguin, or CDKeys, which are the only ones I have experience with and I would say G2A to be the shadiest of those 3. My first choice would NOT be to buy from these places, but if theres a deal to be had there, I find the level of risk low.

Oh whatever archbishop. Now you're just playing the fucking have to be right on the internet game. Think whatever the fuck you want.

Can someone point me out to a plugin that changes someone's avatar? I need to turn that god damned shiva thing into the green tongue face from Hitchhiker's Guide to the galaxy.

bread's done
Back