No Available Nodes Error?

Yeah, this is a new (although possibly related) problem. John, I, and our hosting provider are working on it.

I got it late last night as well. Not sure how long, it was out, then I tried again an hour or so later and still got the nodes error.

Site seems fine today, other than ads not loading. Most pages display fine, but the bottom of the browser shows "Transferring data from www.google.com" continuously, and the tab animation shows the page as still loading.

Got the nodes error again a few times around 3PM EST. Seems fine now.

Edit: got another one around 3:30.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yah last night I got a them repeatedly for 30 mins to 1 hr whenever i tried to come here or refresh a CAG page. No big deal, just reporting it so it's known. Have had no problems today so far.

Obviously this very frustrating to everyone, but we are still trying to track down the source of these errors. We were able to discard one potential cause, but still don't know what is behind it. I will keep you updated. Thanks for your patience.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been getting it for weeks now and still currently getting them. At least 1 time per day but most of the time it has multiple occurrences. Finally decided to search for a thread out of frustration.

Hey CheapyD if it helps it always seems to happen when I am PMing or Posting on a thread and then locks the site down for a bit.

I have been getting it for weeks now and still currently getting them. At least 1 time per day but most of the time it has multiple occurrences. Finally decided to search for a thread out of frustration.

Hey CheapyD if it helps it always seems to happen when I am PMing or Posting on a thread and then locks the site down for a bit.

The site was down totally for me from 12EST (that was when I first tried to connect) until I left the house at 3EST. Strangely it doesn't seem like it was down for everyone. But I couldn't connect at all, and no other site was problematic, so I doubt it was my end.

Ditto.

Again, I wouldn't be surprised if this was a DDOS attack. Several sites I frequent have been hit by them within a two week period. I'm sure Cheapy has pissed off enough people *cough* Brian Crecente *cough* that some douche(s) have responded in this matter.

:D

I have gotten it probably on 4 or 5 different instances. the first time I got it, I really wanted to check the site out so I cleared cookies and that fixed it. the other times I just waited it out. it'd be fine the next day (or at least the next time the computer was booted up).

I was having problems last night, everywhere it was giving me that node error. But today it seems to be doing a lot better for me (so far).

Got the error a couple times last night. Nothing so far today though.

Fun fact: When I first clicked on this thread last night, I got the error. It amused me anyways.

[quote name='Liquid 2']I'm not sure if it's related, but I've definitely noticed the site dragging ass lately, in addition to the node issue.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I've noticed this for awhile now too.

[quote name='CheapyD']John made some changes...still getting it after this post?[/QUOTE]

Just got one right now.

Happening quite often tonight, even more so when doing mod-related activities.

Might be worth taking the site down for 12-24 hours and fixing it for good.

bread's done
Back