No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle -- January 2010 Release in Japan

:whee:............That said, 2010 as a release date makes me sad :cry:

Ah well, this is a day one purchase for me, I only wonder how
The Sir Henry vs. Travis fight ended (ie is it even over?)

Also, that music score kicks ass

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd personally be worried if the game was going to come out sooner. Adding a full city envionment with tons of stuff to do and working on stuff like Wii motion Plus will take the year+ development time this is getting.

About 15 months added to whenever they started making this means that they will have more then enough time to actually do this product right.

[quote name='D4rkewolfe']I have the first one...and still have yet to play it. At least no rush before the sequel comes out >.>;;[/quote]

WRONG! YOU PLAY IT NAO!

*gets in his car and rushes to D4rkewolfe's house with a shotgun

[quote name='Filler2001']:whee:............That said, 2010 as a release date makes me sad :cry:

Ah well, this is a day one purchase for me, I only wonder how
The Sir Henry vs. Travis fight ended (ie is it even over?)

Also, that music score kicks ass[/quote]

I bet
Henry is still alive... they're brothers and make good rivals

[quote name='Yaxley']Awesomeness. I have the sudden urge to go replay the first one again right now.[/quote]

Same. Good thing I have a three day weekend.

[quote name='dmunkee']Nice!

...I'm charging my lightsaber just thinking about it.[/quote]

..hehe......

New information reported. I think these things were obvious to those who played the first one. But it's good to see some confirmation. Travis is likely to be very angry in this sequal. Also really good to see it's the same team.

- first sequel Grasshopper has done
- urge to make another game with Travis motivated the team
- Travis is motivated by revenge in the sequel
- Travis will take a more serious approach to fighting this time
- Team from NMH1 is involved with NMH2

http://gonintendo.com/?p=58831

I'd hardly say he was angry in the first one, being that he was on a quest to get laid in the first game all the way to the last top ranked assassin I want to say.

ok so i never actually played the original, but i was very interested to do so. however, when i found out that the controls were not 1:1 i was a bit turned away to the game. now, with nintendo releasing information on the wii motion plus a few months back, it gives more promise to games like this one. lets hope suda 51 and company incorporate this feature into their game and let us play the sequel the way it should be played

Man, any more reliance on movement than what the first game had is a little scary. Swinging for every attack in some of those money fights would just be too tiring.

Hmm? Don't do every swing as hard as conceivably possible?

Get the fuck out of here, Commie.

"Taking place three years after the end of the first title, No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle sees hero Travis Touchdown embark on a mission of revenge following the murder of his best friend. Featuring improvements to the game engine and graphics, Suda51 also promises a far busier Santa Destroy, much darker tone and also a few surprises to come."

Source

Sounds great.

1:1 should be the standard. If you're going to do it, the game should be designed around it for maximum results.

This illustrates the problem of bringing out the motion+ now. Its divisive to the base.

The potential list is

-Doctor Naomi ( most likely not)
-Thunder Ryu or someone from before when Travis was into Wrestling
-Randall Lovikov aka drunken Russian guy (possibly but low chance)
-Bishop Shidux (video store owner, very possible since they are good friends and he helps you in the first game)
-Jeane (Travis's pet cat. But that would be too mean, but possible since this is Suda 51)
-Could be a reference to the end of the first game and the true ending. Unlikely, but possible.

I'd say someone killed Bishop Shidux, or someone we don't know. Probably Bishop.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']1:1 should be the standard. If you're going to do it, the game should be designed around it for maximum results.

This illustrates the problem of bringing out the motion+ now. Its divisive to the base.[/QUOTE]

I really liked the combat in the first game and think that should remain. An option for one to one would be nice, or as an extra combat mode that's seperate but not the focus.

I could see them doing the one to one though as an option for the main game, but I don't care. Either way i'll like it.

As for it seperating the base I don't think that's even a small issue. People who are casual will buy it for Wii sports Resort, and everyone else will buy it because they need it for games like this. Don't worry about developers supporting this Wii motion plus, they will.

[quote name='j.elles']The potential list is

-Doctor Naomi ( most likely not)
-Thunder Ryu or someone from before when Travis was into Wrestling
-Randall Lovikov aka drunken Russian guy (possibly but low chance)
-Bishop Shidux (video store owner, very possible since they are good friends and he helps you in the first game)
-Jeane (Travis's pet cat. But that would be too mean, but possible since this is Suda 51)
-Could be a reference to the end of the first game and the true ending. Unlikely, but possible.

I'd say someone killed Bishop Shidux, or someone we don't know. Probably Bishop.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I would think that a friend that he would swear revenge for would either be Bishop or Shinobu.

I'm actually hoping we don't see direct 1:1 controls, but rather more accurate controls using the system that is already in place if motion+ is used.

You could theoretically have more than one stance (high/mid/low) and more accurate slashes (left->right, up->down), not to mention being able to select which wrestling move you pull off. For some reason with No More Heroes, it seems that a direct 1:1 mapping to swordplay would lose some of the allure and charm that was in the original title.

In no way am I saying that it should not be used, but rather just enhance the system that is already there.

[quote name='SoonerMatt']Yes to the hellz. I just hope they give you more to do outside of the assassinations/part time jobs.[/QUOTE]

Suda51 also promises a far busier Santa Destroy,

from my post above. Yeah Suda51/Gresshopper is really going all out with this game I think.

[quote name='j.elles']
I'd say someone killed Bishop Shidux, or someone we don't know. Probably Bishop.
[/quote]
He was getting death threats in the first game...

Every little tidbit of information on this sequal makes me excited to play it I hope it'll be just as good as the first No More Hero.

I think i'll start up my New Game+ and breat it again reading this thread makes me want to play it again. :drool:

” (Suda on the game’s tone) I think it’s time for No More Heroes to become serious. But it’s going to have humour, don’t worry. It won’t be too serious.

” (Suda on the open world from NMH) I wasn’t that satisfied with the open world. I wanted to make a lot more stuff, more detail. So this time in No More Heroes 2, I want to take my revenge. And actually, the theme of No More Heroes 2 is revenge, so…”

” (Suda talking about an old E3 experience) For example, you had those booth babes that were just distributing some stuff - and I saw they were distributing condoms too. And then they were throwing pants! When I saw that I was like, wow! That’s great. One day, I want to be able to throw pants to the public. That’s one of my main goals.”

From interview with Eurogamer

Good news for a change:

[quote name='The Article']As he stood on a noisy stage on the TGS show floor the day before, lapping up the screamed adulation of a contingent of obsessed American journalists, Suda had said that the reason he'd chosen to make his first-ever sequel was that he wanted to revisit Travis. Fair enough - but we suspect it's also because, for once, he'd actually sold some games.[/quote]

An interview with Suda appeared in Nintendo Power. He gives some interesting background info about the game's inspiration. He's also going to be the script writer and the executive director, with Toshihiro Fujikawa (An assistant director from NMH) serving as director.

http://tinycartridge.com/post/59870380/suda-not-directing-nmh-2
http://tinycartridge.com/post/59983357/trailer-for-the-yakuza-papers-vol-2-deadly

Also, tinycartridge found a trailer and a clip for Suda's inspiration movie.
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=9546983

"Intense" Fight Scene:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReAJsha87YQ

[quote name='Kotaku']Marvellous Interactive have published some worldwide shipping/sales figures for Suda's No More Heroes. In Japan, homeland of all parties involved? It's done terribly. Only 40,000 copies have shipped since launch. Ouch. How about America, then? Little better: they've shipped around 200,000 copies, and have sold just over 100,000 since launch. Not bad! Finally, however, they announce some European numbers. And while the game's not even out there yet (it's shipping late Feb/early March across all PAL territories), they're expecting to sell 160,000 units across the continent at launch. Could something finally be coming up roses for Suda? Let's hope so![/quote]

That was in mid February. I'll do a bit more Google-ing.

EDIT: No I won't. fuck this shit, I'm-a go to bed.

[quote name='The Crotch']That was in mid February. I'll do a bit more Google-ing.

EDIT: No I won't. fuck this shit, I'm-a go to bed.[/QUOTE]
:lol: Suda deserves more than that though. I hope No More Heroes 2 hits 8 million in the US. Some ridicilous, first party esque number.

[quote name='ProfWho']Just an FYI to those who have not bought NMH yet, Walmart now has it for $20.[/QUOTE]

So does Amazon, with a Terminator or T2 for filler that's no shipping no tax and you get Linda Hamilton

Great news of a sequel. Didn't think we would ever see one.

I wonder what goofey side games there will be in this. The lawn mowing one always cracks me up.

fuckin hot!!!!!!

94823_nmh21_122_546lo.jpg

94824_nmh22_122_546lo.jpg

94825_nmh23_122_1016lo.jpg

94830_nmh24_122_359lo.jpg

dual swords!

Stereo bosses!!!

bread's done
Back