NO MORE HEROES Discussion - FS/FT Pure White Giant Glastonbury LE Pink Cartridge

Hey here's a question for you.. when you start over does anything carry over like shirts and junk?

Seeing you makes me wonder if I should change my loc to Toronto...

[quote name='The Crotch']Sorry, no. Immediately after beating this game on Mild, I went right through it on Bitter.

Then something came up - I think I had to start working or something - and I stopped for a long time.

Now I'm on the final boss on Bitter and I'm rusty as fuck.[/quote]

yeah I stopped at the final boss on bitter in the last 6 months and I'm stuck as well... WTF... damn I suck.

Yes, everything carries over. And this is where all those cards start mattering, 'cause if you find their "doubles" in New Game+, you'll get game concept art as a reward. Also, never attempt to use a wrestling move on the final boss. That's... yeah, that's my biggest piece of advice.

I know that I have to move in a couple of years, so I've been thinking of what portmanteaus I can make out of other cities/provinces. So far, I think Crotchawa is the strongest. Or Crotchish Columbia, albeit mostly for the alliteration. Really, none of them work as well as Saskatchewan, but I'll just have to make do. Unless I move to Regina. But fuck Regina.

Crotch, I swear. You have a homing beacon for No More Heroes or Fire Emblem...

Hey guys, hear about that new Fire Emb... *WHOOOOSH* -- THE CROTCH HAS ENTERED -- ..lem game?

You do carry everything over including any swords you picked up. I just wish for New Game+ they would let you skip the over world and just play the bosses.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']I just wish for New Game+ they would let you skip the over world and just play the bosses.[/QUOTE]

What, you didn't enjoy the sketchy controls of the bike and the mind numbing, occasionally fun, fund-raising missions?

I'm so glad I bought this game, and I don't plan on selling it because its Rank Matches are stylish and funny as hell, but damn, it oscillates between repetitive (making money) and frustrating (Shinobu, looking at you)... the last time I played this I was slaughtered about twenty times in a row during a rank match, and swore I'd never put in the disc again, now I'm re-considering again... damn you, NMH...

I still can't believe that people have trouble with Shinobu.

Then again, I can't believe that I used to have trouble with Bad Girl, so whatever.

Her attack pattern is pretty easy to figure out, you have to know when to block and when to attack.

She wasn't very hard for me. Maybe check youtube for a strategy video?

just finished the game *normal*. Turns out charged low shots are a lot more effective than I was giving them credit for. What a wacked out storyline. The sister the brother it's the most random stuff I've ever seen. I love it.

I am looking forward to playing this. I picked up for $7.48 @ target. This will be the first game I will play on the wii since Metroid Prime 3.

just prepare yourself for the pointlessness of the overworld and you'll enjoy everything else. Oh and here's one hint for you. You can upgrade to a dash. don't save this for the last upgrade. Being able to dash would have made the whole game so much faster had I realized it.

[quote name='Wolfkin']just prepare yourself for the pointlessness of the overworld and you'll enjoy everything else. Oh and here's one hint for you. You can upgrade to a dash. don't save this for the last upgrade. Being able to dash would have made the whole game so much faster had I realized it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!;)

w00t, I just beat
Henry
for the true ending. w00t.

Such a messed up ending, haha. Love it.

Now I can't wait for Desperate Struggle.

does anyone know what exactly the pre-req is for the 'real ending' I played on normal and it just showed up. Do you only get the short ending if you play on easy?

[quote name='Droenixjpn']I need to get this game hopefully I will get it for Christmas. Can anyone give me a price for this game?[/quote]I'm pretty sure the MSRP is $20 now.

[quote name='KingBroly']People who didn't buy it at $50 are going to hell. Yup. There. I said it.[/quote]
You think people on this site pay retail?

You're probably right though.

knowing what i know. I wouldn't be happy with $50 purchase. $30 ideally and I would tolerate $45 /maybe/. I bite at $20 and that's bargain for ya. I picked up blast works for $12 and at that price the game would have to be Dynasty Warriors Advance bad for me to be unhappy with the purchase.

I am so happy I finally beat the game today with the true ending. I had beat it with the false ending along time ago but could never beat Henry. I am so excited. You guys are the only ones to understand because nobody plays this game in my house but me.

edit -don't laugh but I played on sweet.

Last edited by a moderator:
My son has decided since I beat the game, that he needs to as well. He is playing on mild and in 2 days is already ranked 1 and just needs to beat Henry. We are looking forward to the new game.

I just started this game yesterday after buying it way back in March and beat the first two targets. It can get repetitive, but overall it's a fun game. I love the humor.

I bought this for original MSRP (yay me?), played a few rank matches, got stuck on Shinobu (like so many others before me), got disgusted by the inane overworld with its terrible collision detection and stupid mini-games, and almost sold it back.

Then I picked it up again recently, brute-forced my way through Shinobu, then after shaking out the hand-cramps, I breezed through a couple of less frustrating (and much more fun) rank matches. Then it really "clicked" for me that the game is a satire on the stupidity of open-world games, "game collectibles", and serious video game / anime stories in general.

Talk about niche market, though. Glad it sold enough for a sequel. Never could get into Killer 7, which was just way too obtuse and puzzling for me. Though I wish they would do a Wii version of Killer 7, which is basically a light gun shooter without the light gun. Because it also had some striking and stylish visuals.

bread's done
Back