No more WB Rewards??

Mikerocosms

CAGiversary!
WBIR_HappyFeetTwo_StreetDateEmail_01.jpg

Dear Valued Member,

WB Insider Rewards is concluding as a rewards program beginning July 29, 2012 and will be partnering with the WB Shop to fulfill all remaining rewards.

We recognize that our rewards catalog has not been available to you for some time. After August 1, 2012, members with enough points to qualify for a reward will be provided with instructions to redeem their rewards at WBshop.com. Rewards will include a selection of great Warner Bros. Blu-ray™ and DVD titles. The more points in your account, the more rewards you will be eligible for!

Don't miss out! Log in and add points from your Warner Bros. Blu-ray and DVD purchases by midnight PST, July 29, 2012. Just enter the codes from the inserts included in your Blu-rays and DVDs. To see a list of qualifying titles, please click here. You can also send us your movie tickets for qualifying Warner Bros. movies by July 29th, 2012. Click here for details*.

Insider Rewards members are an incredible community of enthusiastic and active fans. We appreciate your participation in the program and we are dedicated to continuing to provide you with special offers and exclusives from Warner Bros. Be on the lookout for more information about your rewards in the coming weeks.

Best,
The WB Insider Rewards Team

*** Update:

Dear Valued Insider Rewards Member,

Even though WB Insider Rewards has officially concluded, we want to thank you for supporting us! Be on the lookout for an email next week with a reward for being a WB Insider Rewards Member.

Unfortunately, please note that all discounts associated with WB Insider rewards are no longer in effect. Discounts on WBshop.com purchases (including discounts on Warner Archive Collection products, merchandise and other Blu-rays and DVDs) and discounts on WB VIP Tours will no longer be applied to future orders.

Best,

WB Insider Rewards Team

M

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got my email too. I had 1947 points, and only got one movie as well.

Lame, but then I shouldn't have expected any different out of WB. Oh well. Grabbed Shawshank Redemption, because it was one of the few titles that I didn't already have that wasn't lame.

I don't know how the hell some of you managed to amass so many points. I have so many WB titles on my blu-ray shelf, and so few of them actually came with codes...

Mine ended in 0s and did not work...
I'd try entering 5 random digits, but I'm too lazy... guess I'll wait for email support to respond in a week. Was torn between hong kong phooey (number 1 super guy) and shawshank.

What sucks is that I started digging through my inserts (have a ton sitting in a fallout lunchbox) and found 7 or 8 WB insider codes i should have registered.

Got my email yesterday......in my SPAM folder so FYI. Qualified for 1blu or dvd and chose Justice League: Doom for BLU----code was fine on first try so hope everyone else gets theirs resolved soon.

Got my email and qualified for 4 free Blus or DVDs (I had 5346 points). Better than I was expecting actually - wish the selection was bigger, but still found a couple of things I didn't have and wanted. Hope everyone with bad codes get ones that work soon!

Only qualified for one (had under 600 points) but I'm not complaining. Thought for sure this "reward" would charge me shipping, but nope. I know people have been bitching a lot about this, but free Shawshank Blu-Ray? I'll take it.

Almost flipped out when I saw Watchmen Ultimate Cut was available...fucking DVD.

Will changing browsers make the coupon work? I know in the now dead rewards program they said to use different browsers if you had coupon probs. which movie there got the highest tiv?

[quote name='xbox_mole']Still no codes here, and I even wrote to them. :whistle2:/[/QUOTE]

I haven't received an email yet either... who did you write to?

My code arrived late Friday but of course it ends in "00000." I've tried multiple browsers (IE, FF, Safari, Opera) and PCs and Macs but no go. If anyone hears of someone who got an incorrect code that was able to receive a correct one from WB please let us know.

I got this yesterday in response to an email I sent over the weekend:

I apologize for any difficulties you’re having with the site. Unfortunately we encountered some issues with the coupon codes, and our developers are working hard to resolve this.

I will update you once everything is working correctly.

Thank you for your patience,

Patrick

If you were like me and got five zeros on the end your code, it probably didn't work. However this morning I went back to WB's site and was able to use my code for my two free Blu's. So it looks like they fixed the problem.

[quote name='chuckrock38']If you were like me and got five zeros on the end your code, it probably didn't work. However this morning I went back to WB's site and was able to use my code for my two free Blu's. So it looks like they fixed the problem.[/QUOTE]
My code did indeed work. Thanks for the update!

Jesus, this promotion is a freaking mess. My code DID work right away, and I placed my order on 8/10. I received an order confirmation, with an estimated shipping time of 1 business day. Since then, I've received no further updates and when I checked my "order history" a minute ago, there is no record of the order (even though I have an order number). I emailed customer service to see what they can tell me. We'll see how long this takes to sort out. :wall:

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Jesus, this promotion is a freaking mess. My code DID work right away, and I placed my order on 8/10. I received an order confirmation, with an estimated shipping time of 1 business day. Since then, I've received no further updates and when I checked my "order history" a minute ago, there is no record of the order (even though I have an order number). I emailed customer service to see what they can tell me. We'll see how long this takes to sort out. :wall:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='merchie89']^^
same, I am in no hurry though as long as they do eventually arrive[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same here. 3-5 days for delivery, day 5 but no shipping confirmation, and the existence of the order on WB Shop dot com is spotty.

I'm not in a huge hurry, just keeping my eyes out to be sure they do come...

looks like I got lucky - or maybe I just picked a movie noone else picked :p
Received shipping confirmation within 24 hours of placing the order, and shipped within a couple of days. it is showing in my order history, and scheduled to be delivered today.
But then, I had some issues with a prior (paid order, for the Matrix collection). I never received a confirmation that it was placed, just received a bit later (like 3 weeks) a confirmation it was shipped out, and received it shortly after. This order STILL doesn't show in my order history, but shows up when I check the order status link on their site.
Me think they need to revamp their ordering system.

Mine is coming today too. It's probably not a good idea to go by their default shipping estimates anyway since they're clearly dealing with a higher volume of sales than they would be normally. Cut them some slack.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Mine is coming today too. It's probably not a good idea to go by their default shipping estimates anyway since they're clearly dealing with a higher volume of sales than they would be normally. Cut them some slack.[/QUOTE]

Pretty easy to tell people to "cut them some slack" when you know your order will arrive today. Out of the fear of being told how "entitled" I'm acting by people who don't have an understanding of what the word means, I'll just say this: if I could click on the "order status" link that THEY invited me to check in the confirmation email that THEY sent me, and see that my order was "processing", I wouldn't feel the need to contact them.

Considering the fact that a lot of people received codes that didn't even work initially, the idea that something could get botched with these orders is not unreasonable. I also think waiting a week for an update on an order that was supposed to ship in 1 day is "cutting them some slack".

Mine could have taken a month and I still wouldn't be bothered actually. It's kind of absurd to be bitching about something you're not paying a dime for., especially when you probably wouldn't have redeemed the points anyway. I mean how badly do you need the movie(s) you "ordered" that you feel the need to contact them to inquire when you'll get them? They've obviously handled the erroneous codes properly so even in the event they botched your order (which I highly doubt they did), odds are it's going to be fixed anyway.

oh and here's a tip: since you apparently cannot wait to get your free movie, then surely you won't want to wait for them to respond by email so I suggest you call them up immediately and inquire.

#firstworldproblems

And looking back, it looks like you didn't place your order until the evening of the 10th. That's a Friday night, likely after working hours at wbshop (they're not on the scale of Amazon you know). They also say on their site that it takes a business day to process the order before it ships. So the earliest time it would have shipped under normal conditions is Tuesday, a whole whopping 3 days ago. But ignore any of this, we have whaambulances standing by

[quote name='ssjmichael']Mine could have taken a month and I still wouldn't be bothered actually. It's kind of absurd to be bitching about something you're not paying a dime for., especially when you probably wouldn't have redeemed the points anyway. I mean how badly do you need the movie(s) you "ordered" that you feel the need to contact them to inquire when you'll get them? They've obviously handled the erroneous codes properly so even in the event they botched your order (which I highly doubt they did), odds are it's going to be fixed anyway.

oh and here's a tip: since you apparently cannot wait to get your free movie, then surely you won't want to wait for them to respond by email so I suggest you call them up immediately and inquire.

#firstworldproblems[/QUOTE]

Ah, the "it was free" defense. Come on, you're so close to telling me how "entitled" I'm acting! You can do it! :lol: The amount I was charged has nothing to do with whether or not they have a functional ordering system. Had I paid with a gift card, it would be the exact same situation. Please, since you seem to be the authority on "free shit etiquette", what is the appropriate amount of time to wait beyond the timeframe that you're given to inquire if anything is wrong with your order? You're seriously going to tell me that politely asking about an order being a week late is unreasonable? Really?

[quote name='ssjmichael']And looking back, it looks like you didn't place your order until the evening of the 10th. That's a Friday night, likely after working hours at wbshop (they're not on the scale of Amazon you know). They also say on their site that it takes a business day to process the order before it ships. So the earliest time it would have shipped under normal conditions is Tuesday, a whole whopping 3 days ago. But ignore any of this, we have whaambulances standing by[/QUOTE]

Yeah, just keep ignoring the fact that the "order status" link that they invite me to check in my confirmation email leads me to nothing. That's not a relevant detail at all. Seriously, dude. Do you work for Warner Brothers? Is Jack Warner your grandpappy? They're a business. I'm a customer. So what, this order was "free" (not really...it was based on prior purchases). They don't give a shit about my problems and I don't give a shit about theirs. That's how the world works.

So you get mad if a tracking number in en email doesn't show up right away on UPS/USPS/Fed Ex too I take it? because from personal experience those definitely take a few days to show up at times. The fact is, I almost always see you post something negative here, it's like your constant state of mind or something, which is rather unfortunate. If you actually changed your perspective a little maybe you wouldn't come to the conclusion that "they don't give a shit about my problems and I don't give a shit about theirs". I really feel sorry for you for actually believing that. That's all I'll say about this. Good luck with your order

[quote name='ssjmichael']So you get mad if a tracking number in en email doesn't show up right away on UPS/USPS/Fed Ex too I take it because from personal experience those definitely take a few days to show up at times. The fact is, I almost always see you post something negative here, it's like your constant state of mind or something, which is rather unfortunate. If you actually changed your perspective a little maybe you wouldn't come to the conclusion that "they don't give a shit about my problems and I don't give a shit about theirs". I really feel sorry for you for actually believing that. That's all I'll say about this. Good luck with your order[/QUOTE]

Did I say that? Don't exaggerate the issue to paint me in a bad light. That's not even close to the same thing. A tracking number is evidence of an order being processed, mailed, and on its way to you (kinda like the one you got...:dunce:). A confirmation email is acknowledgement that you clicked "place order". It doesn't have any bearing on whether the item is backordered or if it got cancelled for some reason. If a problem occurs after a tracking number is given, it's most likely the fault of the shipper (and in most cases, is easily traceable). As it stands now, I don't know what's going on...which is all my email to them was meant to accomplish. If you lack the mental capacity to comprehend that, I can't help you.

I can see a status on my order, but it still says "in process" on their site a week after ordering, on an item that said "ships within 1 day" at the time that the order was placed. I won't complain too much because yeah, it's free, and there's no particular reason I'm in a hurry for it. But I will say that, free or not, a poor experience is something that I will remember. This was a good chance for WBshop to get people to check out their online store and maybe draw in their future business, and they're seriously dropping the ball. They knew they would be dealing with increased volume while this promotion was going on, and should have planned ahead to compensate for it.

I received 2 free movies from the list and I ordered Shawshank and Oz. I also ordered Willy Wonka bluray and the first two Harry Potter ultimate collections since they had the DVDs on sale for a good price. All week my order has been listed as being in Process, and I called to see why it has been this way all week. The reason is that they have ran out of copies of Shawshank and Oz and are waiting for more to come in. So, if you ordered one of these it may take a little to get them.

[quote name='outcastjon']The reason is that they have ran out of copies of Shawshank and Oz and are waiting for more to come in. So, if you ordered one of these it may take a little to get them.[/QUOTE]

That's what I figured was going on, but most companies would send out a notification when there was a delay/backorder on an item...

[quote name='arcane93']That's what I figured was going on, but most companies would send out a notification when there was a delay/backorder on an item...[/QUOTE]

Yep...the point I was getting at as well. When you're being outperformed by toysrus.com, it might be wise to rethink your business strategy, lol.

[quote name='ScorpioKyle']I forgot about this completely, got a reminder email about this from wbrewards. Ordered Shawshank Redemption.[/QUOTE]
Same here, I ordered the Digibook as well. :D

I still don't even have an email about my code. I sent them an email asking about it and they eventually replied with a note that the bad codes should now work, which is not my issue. I don't see a phone number on the old site. Does anyone know who I could call?

Placed an order for two on 8/10, got an e-mail reminder yesterday to use my code. Checked the status of my other order, it's still "in process". I guess I just need to wait more. The items said "ships within 10 days", but maybe they meant ten business days.. I don't know

[quote name='Scorch']Placed an order for two on 8/10, got an e-mail reminder yesterday to use my code. Checked the status of my other order, it's still "in process". I guess I just need to wait more. The items said "ships within 10 days", but maybe they meant ten business days.. I don't know[/QUOTE]

Last time my item said ships within 10 days:
Ordered April 23rd
Shipped May 31st
Arrived June 4th

[quote name='ssjmichael']This is wbshop's number: (866) 373-4389[/QUOTE]

Not even worth the time calling. Dope on the phone pretty much knew nothing other then to tell me to e-mail the WB Insider folks. Oh and apparently according to him nobody below 5,000 points was supposed to get any free Blu's at all. Even if the WB Insider page says 500 points. :roll:

Stay classy WB.

[quote name='B:L']Did anyone else get a new email with a $10 off $30 code?[/QUOTE]

Yes I got one on my other rarely used account. Saving it for a good sale.

M

[quote name='B:L']Did anyone else get a new email with a $10 off $30 code?[/QUOTE]
OFFER DETAILS: Offer Expires 12/31/2012. Not valid on pre-orders, charity items, restricted titles, digital downloads, and digital rentals as well as DVDs and Blu-ray Discs produced or released under the BBC, IMAX, TNT, Turner, Sesame Street, VIZ Media, LucasFilm, Sony Choice Collection, MGM Limited Edition Collection and HBO brands. Select Warner Archive Collection titles only. Offer excludes all July 2012 new releases. Not valid on special orders or previous orders, sale items, mark-downs, clearance center items, or with other coupons or discounts.

[quote name='guardian_owl']OFFER DETAILS: Offer Expires 12/31/2012. Not valid on pre-orders, charity items, restricted titles, digital downloads, and digital rentals as well as DVDs and Blu-ray Discs produced or released under the BBC, IMAX, TNT, Turner, Sesame Street, VIZ Media, LucasFilm, Sony Choice Collection, MGM Limited Edition Collection and HBO brands. Select Warner Archive Collection titles only. Offer excludes all July 2012 new releases. Not valid on special orders or previous orders, sale items, mark-downs, clearance center items, or with other coupons or discounts.[/QUOTE]

So in other words invalid on 70% of what they sell.

I believe the codes being sent out are mult-use, but one per account. Someone posted their code at blu-ray.com the other day and multiple people were able to use it.

You can try yourself: 123f45677894300d1934

Since my order has been in process for a week and a half I called them and asked if I could apply my $10 off coupon I received today on that order, and the woman said she could do that. So, if you ordered some other movies when you used your rewards coupon and you it's still in process call them and add the coupon.

Finally got my copy of The Shawshank Redemption today. Never did get a shipping notice, it just showed up in my mailbox. So if you're still waiting, hopefully you'll be getting it soon.

bread's done
Back