NO WAY!!!??? KMART BLUE LIGHT SPECIALS YMMV Sat-Sun only? 60% off some games

dragonfireflys

CAGiversary!
UPDATED 1/16
This was in pittsburgh. Basically bunch of originally 14-30 dollar games for 60% off (clearance?) It was some supposed "BLUE LIGHT SPECIAL EVENT" but no blue lights involved; also included LOTS of other items (tags beneath the shelves).

Didn't see what gba games were on sale but I assume they were 60% of 15-20 so they'd be 6 or 8 dollars.

Decent selection sat/sun 1/16-1/17 only.

ADDITIONS: MERGED prelim list

XBOX
Burnout 2 directors cut xbox (12)

Manhunt Xbox 12 (can get for 11 at TRU fyi)

midway arcade treasures for xbox $8),

project gotham racing 2, (12)

MECHASSAULT Platinum (xbox) 8

Nhl hitz pro (xbox) 8

Gladiator sword of vengeance (xbox) 12

Crash and Burn (xbox) 12

Crimson Skies xbox 12

SCALER Xbox (8)

Psy-ops (8)

TMNT 1 (8)

Freedom Fighters (8)

Speed Kings (8)

ATV QUAD 2 (acclaim) 8

MX superstar (8)

BIG MOTHA TRUCKERS (5.20)

Metal Gear 2 substance (6)

PS2
Wild Arms 3 (12)

Suikoden 3 ps2 (8)

Spyhunter 2 ps2 (12)

Silent Hill 2 ps2 (12)

viewtiful joe for ps2 ($8, PS2) (GCN 12)

megaman zero 3 ($12, Ps2?)

Rise to Honor (ps2) 8

Spyhunter gh (ps2) 8

Rise to honor (8)

Beyond good and evil (12?)

Contra shattered soldier (12)

X111 (8)

sphinx (8)

Castlevania (ps2) 8

Spyhunter 2 (ps2) 12

Barbarian (ps2) 12

Whiplash (ps2) 12

GCN
mario party-e for $4 (GCN)/YMMV.

Wavebird+metroid gcn 15

Apparently this deal includes both the platinum hits and regular skus at least on xbox. I assume it applies to PS2 greatest hits as well.

They had quite a bit in Derry NH. I was glad to see Psi Ops for $7.99 (PS2). I almost put down $20 for the Xbox version yesterday. Also got Viewtiful Joe (PS2) for 7.99 as well, even though the regular price was $29.99, not $19.99.

They had a few Tiger Woods 2004 and Madden 2004 games, but they were marked $49.99, but I'm guessing they would have been 11.99 as already mentioned.

They also had quite a few copies of that Jet Li game for $7.99, but I didn't know if it was any good. Also Max Payne, Counter Strike, Project Gotham 2, Midway Arcade, and other games mentioned in this thread.

Just got back from the Pineville NC

Grabbed
Viewtiful Joe PS2 7.99
Mace Griffin Bounty Hunter XB 7.99
Mega Man 3 GBA 11.99

They have about 8 Wavebird/ MP bundles for $15.99 (I dont have a GC so I did not get one)

They also had .Hack P3 for 11.99 (3 copies) and PG2 etc.

Thanks for the heads up

Brad

After noticing I bought 24 games last year (14 of which I've barely played) mostly because of this site, I've decided I'm only buying games this year I truly want, not because I can get a good deal on them.

All of the games I've seen listed aren't games that would fit my "truly want" category. I'll pass on this one.

Grr, I just got paid and now I'm probably going to go waste it all. :p Between this and taking my girl out to dinner tonight I'm right back to being broke. Have to go get PGR2 at least, maybe Mechassault also and we'll see what else is there. Would pick up Crimson Skies but I haven't bought the starter kit for Live yet so it doesn't make sense to do that.

[quote name='MadFlava']I just got back from Super K and I was able to pick up a few titles I've been wanting since last year:
$8 games
Viewtiful Joe (PS2)
Mech Assault (PH)

$12 games
Project Gotham 2 (Non PH)
Amped2 (Non PH)
Crimson Skies (Non PH)

Games that I did not get but still there. 1 copy of Contra Shattered Soldier ($12) . 1 copy of Resident Evil Outbreak ($12). 1 copy of .Hack Outbreak. 2 copies of Links 2004. Anyone interested in these since I may go back after lunch to see if they have any GBA title (forgot to look for MegaMan). I didn't see any of those Wavebird/Metroid Bundles but I didn't look behind the glass case only the shelf they set up for the sale.

Thanks OP![/quote]

PMed, but will post here too. If you could pick me up .hack Outbreak I'd really appreciate it. I picked up a spare Mega Man Zero 3 I could use to trade if you're not able to find one at your Kmart.

EDIT: Same goes to Braddo (or anybody else, really) as well. If you could pick me up a .hack, I'd gladly pay for it or work out a trade.

Checked the Palm Bay, FL K-Mart - 1 Viewtiful Joe (PS2) left, few Wrestling titles, Ps2 demo cd's, Primal, Alias (PS2), Latest Harry Potter (PS2)... not much worth mentioning.

The PS1 LCD screen should also be on sale - it was on the list.

The list was sitting on the counter right by the stack of discount titles. Just look for it.

/Cry

I've been on the phone with the 2 Kmarts around here, in KY. Neither has the Metriod Wavebird bundles, or Mario Party 4 which is what I wanted :s

How much was the new harry Potter game going for?

[quote name='blueweltall'][quote name='ketwyld']Someone mentioned Wild Arms 3 as being in the bin. Can anyone confirm that Wild Arms 3 is on clearance and at what price point?[/quote]

I saw it in a bin too, but it was late at night so the electronic section was closed off by shopping carts. Well thats how my ghetto kmart does it, so people won't jack stuff. So if I pick up Wild Arms 3 anybody want to trade it for Suikoden 3? If so pm me.[/quote]

Yes, Wild Arm 3 was on the list. I got that, Castlevania:LoI, Max PAyne 1 & 2, Downhill Domination, 3 WAvebirds, (there were 8 other wavebird bundles), Silent Hill 2, and a few other games that I didn't want but were good deals. This was all at the Gaithersburg, MD KMart. I'm probably going to look at my receipt again, and rethink some of these games....but it is so hard to pass a deal up...even if it isn't that great of a deal compared to other deals, but a good deal compared to MSRP. Damn you MSRP.

Well I was just at my Local K-Mart had them scan the Metroid/Wavebird bundle scanned as 40. I have really been getting screwed lately on these deals it seems.

I just got back from the kmart in frackville, pa. This is what I got:

2 wavebird wirless + metroid bundles 15.99 (2 still left)
counter strike (xbox)11.99
speed kings (xbox)7.99
sphinx and cursed mummy (xbox) 5.99
contra (gba) 5.99

The wavebirds are still behind the glass so ask them to get it out and scan it. The first lady I asked to scan it said it was 54.99 like it was marked and that they were not on sale. I came back later to a different girl and she actually got it out and scanned it. To be honest with you, there might be more stuff on sale in the glass but I don't know.
Some of the other games I saw on sale in the bins were:
dead to rights(gcn+xb), fuzion frenzy(xb), grabbed by goulies(xb), tomb raider(gba), samurai jack(gba) - That's all I can remember.

I picked up one Metroid Prime WB bundle last night, and I probably saw 10 more today, but I don't need any more Wavebirds.However I did pick up a few cheap GC games to trade in at Hastings for RE:4. I also got a Mario Sunshine guide for a whopping ONE CENT! Not to bad of a day now to get RE:4

[quote name='soulwish2003']
[/quote]

Are you sure? I had it scanned last night and it rang up for $104.

Harry Potter - $8

[quote name='Misty Dawn']/Cry

I've been on the phone with the 2 Kmarts around here, in KY. Neither has the Metriod Wavebird bundles, or Mario Party 4 which is what I wanted :s

How much was the new harry Potter game going for?[/quote]

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar'][quote name='soulwish2003']
[/quote]

Are you sure? I had it scanned last night and it rang up for $104.[/quote]

Confirmed in Springfield, MO. LCD screen rings up at $104. This is cheaper than the $130 it's marked at, though. The PSOne/LCD combo rings at full price, $149.99.

Anyone from Michigan find a store with the wavebird/metroid bundle still in stock?

I found Conflict Desert Strom for 7.99 and NHL 2004 for 11.99 at stores in Ann Arbor and Ypsi but most of the good deals were on PS2 and Xbox games...

Nothing at KMart Astor Place NYC. No diesplay. Had them scan the Wavebird/Metroid bundle. Priced at $39.99. :cry:

I got the last 2 Wavebird bundles, although they had several bundles with
Mario Party 4 for 59.99! :shock:

Pittsburgh update:

SHALER STORE
At least 10 Wavebird/metroid.
Acouple of 104 psones.

Whiplash (ps2) 1
rise to honor (ps2) bunch
Contra Shattered soldier (ps2) couple
Sphinx ps2 1
wild arms ps2 1
viewtiful joe (couple)

SPeed kings xbox 1
Metal gear substance 1
TMNT 1
Max Payne 1 and 2 (couple)
SX? (some motor cross game) couple
mechassault couple
dead to rights couple
scaler bunch
atv quad 2 (?) couple
Psi ops (none)
BIG MOTHA TRUCKERS (couple)

[quote name='Msut77']I grabbed the wavebird bundle goood deal. maybe should pick up a few and ebay em.[/quote]

People around here don't take to kindly of people doing that.

Well at the one in Roseville, MI, which is a really big fairly decent 24 hour one, they barely had any video games in stock and didn't ahve any of the sale things let alone any thing indicating the video games were included in the sale. At the one in Harper Woods, MI they had little out but two copies of PGR2 in the case so I had the guy scan it, took him 20 minutes to get the case open, and it came up 11.99. Would have liked to have gotten a couple more things but everything was in the cases still and I didn't know what was what. And they didn't have any Wavebird combos at either store, otherwise I would have picked up at least one to help someone out or trade in.

Thanks to the OP and everyone else who contributed their findings. I picked up:

Wavebird/Metroid Prime bundle - $15.99
Viewtiful Joe (PS2) - $7.99
Scaler (GC) - $7.99
Wings of War (XB) - $7.99

The following were likely $7.99 as well but I didn't pick them up:

NFL Street (XB)
Ty 2 (GC, PS2)
MOH: Rising Sun (XB)
Breakdown (XB)
Psi Ops (PS2)
LOTR: ROTK (XB)

If anyone can pick me up Contra shattered Soldier I'd appreciate it. I'll pay 20 for your troubles. PM me.

I can do Paypal or check. (I'll cover the paypal fee too.)

The KMart in Moorestown, NJ didn't have a sale bin on the counter. It had a gigantic sale cart with a lot of games. They had a ton of Wavebird bundles, a couple sports games, and a few good games.

I picked up:
Prince of Persia $7.99
Mech Assault $7.99
ATV Quad Power Racing 2 $7.99
Metroid Prime/Wavebird Bundle $15.99

Thanks for posting the deal OP!

Other games I saw but didn't get were:

Amped 2 XB ($12)
Links 2004 XB ($12)
Starsky and Hutch XB ($8)
Counter Strike XB ($12)
Brute Force XB ($12)
TMNT GC ($8)
Viewtiful Joe GC ($8)
Mace Griffen Bounty Hunter XB ($12)
Spy Hunter XB ($8)
The Hobbit XB ($8)
NHL Hitz Pro XB/GC ($8)
Project Gotham 2 XB ($12)

That's all I can remember off the top of my head.

[quote name='abilyk'][quote name='Dok Diamond']how much is contra shattered soldier?[/quote]

$8.00[/quote]
I choked on my food when I read that...

Layton Utah Kmart had Viewtiful Joe, 2 Mega Man Zero 3, Spyhunter 2, Mario Party E, -had only one Metroid/Wavebird bundle ( I picked it up)
Woods Cross Utah had Silent Hill 2, Dot Hack volume 3, Mechassult, Project Gotham 2, Dead to Rights, Viewtiful Joe PS2 and GC, Zelda Windwaker,
Thats all I can remember for anybody in Utah

I just got back from my K-mart in Boca Raton, Fl. I picked up 2 metroid bundles for $15.99 each, but I had a coupon for that store for $10 off a purchase of $20 or more. My total came to $23.41. By the way, there was one more metroid bundle and a couple of xbox and ps2 games.

thanks for the heads up!

went to the western ave Kmart in brighton, picked up
metroid/wavebird 15.99 (had a few more left)
x-box games:
mech assault 7.99
amped 2 11.99

iv seen the requests... and i will post back with what i pick up today to hook the CAGS up with.... b back in 1/2 hour or so!

this is nt complete... or nice looking for that matter, but a little list to save some time for others:

XBOX
Amped 2
Links 2004
NFL Street (XB)
Burnout 2 directors cut xbox (12)
Manhunt Xbox 12 (can get for 11 at TRU fyi)
midway arcade treasures for xbox $8),
project gotham racing 2, (12)
MECHASSAULT Platinum (xbox) 8
Nhl hitz pro (xbox) 8
Gladiator sword of vengeance (xbox) 12
Crash and Burn (xbox) 12
Crimson Skies xbox 12
SCALER Xbox (8)
Psy-ops (8)
TMNT 1 (8)
Silent Hill 2
Freedom Fighters (8)
Speed Kings (8)
ATV QUAD 2 (acclaim) 8
MX superstar (8)
BIG MOTHA TRUCKERS (5.20)
Metal Gear 2 substance (6)

PS2
.hack
Wild Arms 3 (12)
Suikoden 3 ps2 (8)
Spyhunter 2 ps2 (12)
Ty 2 (GC, PS2)
Silent Hill 2 ps2 (12)
viewtiful joe for ps2 ($8, PS2) (GCN 12)
Rise to Honor (ps2) 8
Spyhunter gh (ps2) 8
Rise to honor (8)
Beyond good and evil (12?)
Contra shattered soldier (12)
X111 (8)
sphinx (8)
Prince of Persia $7.99
Castlevania (ps2) 8
Barbarian (ps2) 12
Whiplash (ps2) 12

GCN
mario party-e for $4 (GCN)/YMMV.
Wavebird+metroid gcn 15
Zelda Windwaker
Ty 2 (GC, PS2)

GBA
megaman zero 3 ($12)
FFTA
contra (gba) 5.99
Gba Castlevania games

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar'][quote name='soulwish2003']
[/quote]

Are you sure? I had it scanned last night and it rang up for $104.[/quote]

Same here Ackbar when I went and it had a sticker on it indicating clearance but it cam eup to $104. Pfffftttt....some clearance price.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']no... no... no... NO, I refuse to go into Kmart, I don't care, not this time, everytime I go the Kmart by me has nothing, and I'm not gonna get suckered into going down there again.[/quote]

Too bad. I got two of them this afternoon at a Metro Detroit Kmart.
Ha Ha.

[quote name='StealthySeal']this is nt complete... or nice looking for that matter, but a little list to save some time for others:

[snip]
GBA
FFTA
[/quote]

I price checked FFTA last night and it rang up full price at $34.99.

EDIT: Also, add to the GBA list (personally confirmed)...

Wario Ware (12)
Advance Wars 2 (8)

Well I went to mine yesterday (mine is open 24 hours a day) late at night and found a ton of stuff. none of it were in bins or boxes like some say but still behind the glass but with little tags indicating which games they had and were on sale.

I did pretty good on the sale.

Got a couple Metroid Prime/Wavebird bundles (don't worry I counted at least ten of them at my Kmart when I was there), Voodoo Vince (Xbox) $8 (last one), Viewtiful Joe (PS2) $8 (last one), and Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus (last one and a non-GH copy to boot for $6).

I was hoping to get a Warioware but they didn't have any of them and also no Megam Man Zero 3. :( They had a Suikoden 3 a few weeks ago at my Kmart so either within that span of time somebody picked it up or they got it with this sale today.

I think I'm going to go back and pick up VJ for the GCN because I want both version.

At my Kmart they also had Crimson Skies, Lifeline, Fuzion Frenzy (PH, $8), Manhunt, PSi-Ops (either PS2 or Xbox) $8 (this is the only game that I remember the price for since I think I'm going to have to go back and get one. Which is the better version?), TMNT (PS2), Ico (PS2 for $3 so now anyone who has passed this up has to get it now, such an awesome game), and some others I can't think of.

The Kmart I went to had a number of Metroid Wavebird bundles behind the glass with a big red tag noting thr $16.00 prices.

All the other sale games were behind the glass, too, making looking for things pretty inconvenient. Bomberman Jetters GCN was $8, Midway Arcade PS2 was 8 also. Some harry potter gba game was 6, a sonic and pokemon gba videos were 8 each

Now I wish kmart would sell me a friend to play second player with me now that I have 2 controllers

So what's the best strategy for liquidating these two extra Metroid Prime's I've got? They're still shrink-wrapped, but they also have alternate packaging (as seen in PocariSweat's picture) with the UPC on front and those K-Mart graphics (which are on the printed cover itself, not the wrapping). So even if I was to go to some other store and play naive, they won't scan in because they have the wrong UPC code. And yet just selling them as used seems like a bad deal because they're mint and unopened.

bread's done
Back