NO WAY!!!??? KMART BLUE LIGHT SPECIALS YMMV Sat-Sun only? 60% off some games

dragonfireflys

CAGiversary!
UPDATED 1/16
This was in pittsburgh. Basically bunch of originally 14-30 dollar games for 60% off (clearance?) It was some supposed "BLUE LIGHT SPECIAL EVENT" but no blue lights involved; also included LOTS of other items (tags beneath the shelves).

Didn't see what gba games were on sale but I assume they were 60% of 15-20 so they'd be 6 or 8 dollars.

Decent selection sat/sun 1/16-1/17 only.

ADDITIONS: MERGED prelim list

XBOX
Burnout 2 directors cut xbox (12)

Manhunt Xbox 12 (can get for 11 at TRU fyi)

midway arcade treasures for xbox $8),

project gotham racing 2, (12)

MECHASSAULT Platinum (xbox) 8

Nhl hitz pro (xbox) 8

Gladiator sword of vengeance (xbox) 12

Crash and Burn (xbox) 12

Crimson Skies xbox 12

SCALER Xbox (8)

Psy-ops (8)

TMNT 1 (8)

Freedom Fighters (8)

Speed Kings (8)

ATV QUAD 2 (acclaim) 8

MX superstar (8)

BIG MOTHA TRUCKERS (5.20)

Metal Gear 2 substance (6)

PS2
Wild Arms 3 (12)

Suikoden 3 ps2 (8)

Spyhunter 2 ps2 (12)

Silent Hill 2 ps2 (12)

viewtiful joe for ps2 ($8, PS2) (GCN 12)

megaman zero 3 ($12, Ps2?)

Rise to Honor (ps2) 8

Spyhunter gh (ps2) 8

Rise to honor (8)

Beyond good and evil (12?)

Contra shattered soldier (12)

X111 (8)

sphinx (8)

Castlevania (ps2) 8

Spyhunter 2 (ps2) 12

Barbarian (ps2) 12

Whiplash (ps2) 12

GCN
mario party-e for $4 (GCN)/YMMV.

Wavebird+metroid gcn 15

Apparently this deal includes both the platinum hits and regular skus at least on xbox. I assume it applies to PS2 greatest hits as well.

I want a Suikoden III, anyone that has an extra PM me I'll pay or trade.

I picked up 2 games
Castlevania COTM: for 4.00 (for some reason it was marked at 9.99)
and
LifeLine for 7.99

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='Wshakspear']They are clearing out quite a bit merch, and getting things under control...unfotunately they still have a lot of, um, stupid associates, let alone incompetent department managers. As of right now, they are going through 200 stores, and testing all of the managment to see if they know what they're selling. This will expand after they also completely revamp those 200 stores. As of right now...they just really need to change thier name to something other than "K-Mart"[/quote]

walking into K-Mart is like walking back in time. They need to change the interior design of their stores to make it more modern[/quote]

You've got that right. Some K-mart's are like going into a time warp to the 1980s and some of their employees just don't know what they are talking about. I still prefer them to Walmart though. Walmart looks like a warzone fallowed by a tornado then a couple stampede by raging animals followed by a hurricane.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence'][quote name='ofacto']Anybody know if ICO is on clearence too? I saw it in the case for $14.99, which would make about $6, but the cashier insisted it wasn't on clearence and would not scan the item. I know the game is totally worth $14.99, but I already have it and wanted a second sealed copy to keep[/quote]

Ico has been on clearance for months. I picked up a copy back in October for $7.99.[/quote]

At my Kmart they stil have a few and they were marked as being $3 and some change and apart of this 60% off clearance.

If anyone has an extra Suikoden III to trade let me know. My kmart is open till 10pm west coast time, and had the following games that I remember: Mech Assualt, Crimson Skies, ATV Quad, XIII. I'm sure there were more too. Anyways, if you are interested in trading Suikoden III for any of those games please PM before like 9 or 9:30pm west coast time and I can pick them up.

Some K-Marts I can think of in Pittsburgh area.

Bridgeville
Robinson
North Hills

I went to the Bridgeville one, they had a ton of wavebird/metroid and Wavebird/Mario party 4(but Im not sure those were on sale) left. I have 4 wavebirds or I would have purchased one.

If someone would be kind enough to pick me up a Suikoden III I would be very appreciative and will gladly pay for shipping, the game, and for your doing me the favor of picking it up.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Grabbed the last Suikoden III, a Samurai Jack: Amulet of Time, and a Wario Ware Micro games. didn't really find much else though.[/quote]

wario for gba or gc...

I know these are the ones that more people were looking for, but I'm looking for any of these if anyone picked them up in the sale:

Suikoden III
Zelda Windwaker
Castlevania: HoD
Castlevania: AoS

I have extras of:

Mega Man Zero 3
WarioWare (GBA)
.hack//OUTBREAK

Well, there is supposedly only one hour left in this sale. Please please please can someone get me Manhunt XB if they are gonna go to Kmart?

Well I just happened to stop by Kmart looking for VJ2 and found it for the PS2 (last one left). ..I also saw Crash N' Burn and nabbed it at first for $7.99 for the Xbox....They also had Rise to Honor but I know of nothing about it although the screenshots looked cool (any reviews for this?)....As I was walking out of the store I was regretting having bought Crash N Burn especially since I already have Burnout 3 for Xbox...So I went back and returned the game and got cash back and decided to go back to the games....I also asked the CSR about the Metroid/Wavebird bundle and he was of course clueless about it and said we've NEVER had those in....I saw the Baseball e-reader (99 cents) and got that...got price check for Rumble Roses where the guy insisted it was $50 (was $39.99)...strike one.... scanned wavebird (which guy insisted was $50) rang up $29.99.....strike two....then I saw the PSOne LCD screen with clearance yellow tag price of $104 and asked if he would scan it and low and behold BEHIND it and hidden was the Metroid Prime/Wavebird controller pack!!!---and the moron said "IS this what you were looking for???" (You're out and should be beheaded with the Ninja Gaiden sword)---DUH! what an idiot...the LCD screen would've rung with 60% off however I noticed they looked like they were opened and the moron confirmed it personally so I passed......but now I have read all 16 pages (thus far) of this thread and am pissed about not looking for Resident Evil Outbreak and those Castlevanias....Oh well....and is it true they close at 10pm tonight???

[quote name='cruzincontrol']Well I just happened to stop by Kmart looking for VJ2 and found it for the PS2 (last one left). ..I also saw Crash N' Burn and nabbed it at first for $7.99 for the Xbox....They also had Rise to Honor but I know of nothing about it although the screenshots looked cool (any reviews for this?)....As I was walking out of the store I was regretting having bought Crash N Burn especially since I already have Burnout 3 for Xbox...So I went back and returned the game and got cash back and decided to go back to the games....I also asked the CSR about the Metroid/Wavebird bundle and he was of course clueless about it and said we've NEVER had those in....I saw the Baseball e-reader (99 cents) and got that...got price check for Rumble Roses where the guy insisted it was $50 (was $39.99)...strike one.... scanned wavebird (which guy insisted was $50) rang up $29.99.....strike two....then I saw the PSOne LCD screen with clearance yellow tag price of $104 and asked if he would scan it and low and behold BEHIND it and hidden was the Metroid Prime/Wavebird controller pack!!!---and the moron said "IS this what you were looking for???" (You're out and should be beheaded with the Ninja Gaiden sword)---DUH! what an idiot...the LCD screen would've rung with 60% off however I noticed they looked like they were opened and the moron confirmed it personally so I passed......but now I have read all 16 pages (thus far) of this thread and am pissed about not looking for Resident Evil Outbreak and those Castlevanias....Oh well....and is it true they close at 10pm tonight???[/quote]

Both the stores I went to, had signs saying they closed at 10pm

yes, they close at 10. Ive also asked a worker there to call me when he gets off of work to tell me if its over completely, or if they games will stay clearanced

I picked up 3 wavebird bundles for a total of 51.51. No more cords!!! Now I have 3 sealed metroid primes and 2 controllers to get rid of. Hmmmmmm.
They also had Wallace and Gromit for GCN on sale for $8.xx incase anyone was interested.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend'][quote name='SneakyPenguin']Grabbed the last Suikoden III, a Samurai Jack: Amulet of Time, and a Wario Ware Micro games. didn't really find much else though.[/quote]

wario for gba or gc...[/quote]

GBA. I grabbed gCN for 2 bucks during the huge Overstock sale.

[quote name='discopenguin816']I picked up 3 wavebird bundles for a total of 51.51. No more cords!!! Now I have 3 sealed metroid primes and 2 controllers to get rid of. Hmmmmmm.[/quote]

I'd say keep at least one of the controllers: you never know when you'll run out of batteries while playing... (though the chances of 4 wavebirds all running out of batteries probably is pretty slim)

Thanks OP. Haven't been in Kmart for years, the game section anyway, and I bought:

4 Wavebird/MP bundles (GC) $16 each.
Gradius Galaxies (GBA) $6
Scaler (GC) $8
Viewtiful joe (PS2) $8
MechAssault (XB) $8
Bomberman Jetters (GC) $8
Snood (GBA) $10 (not clearance, just the reg. price)
Logitech Express Trio Wireless mouse, keyboard, camera: $30

Not a bad haul overall. Not only that, but I found the game section fairly well organized (at least by Target/Meijer/Wal-Mart standards) and the employees in the game section were happy to ring up anything I asked. Overall, it was a good trip, so keep them Kmart deals comin'.

-DM

[quote name='Zenithian Legend'][quote name='SneakyPenguin']Grabbed the last Suikoden III, a Samurai Jack: Amulet of Time, and a Wario Ware Micro games. didn't really find much else though.[/quote]

wario for gba or gc...[/quote]

gba.

I'm pretty sure it's definitely over tonight at closing. All the sale tags in the glass case at the store clearly gave a start date of 1/15 and end date of 1/16

I just got home from my local Kmart (Chula Vista, CA) and they still had quite a few games left. I did though pick up the last 2 Metroid/Wavebird combos and I don't even have a GCN (One hour left in the sale I don't think anyone was coming to pick them up anyway). I was either just thinking of trading them off//ebay//waiting til I get a cube and use them. Anyway thanks OP for the heads up on this sale.

[quote name='FFMooglestar']I just got home from my local Kmart (Chula Vista, CA) and they still had quite a few games left. I did though pick up the last 2 Metroid/Wavebird combos and I don't even have a GCN (One hour left in the sale I don't think anyone was coming to pick them up anyway). I was either just thinking of trading them off//ebay//waiting til I get a cube and use them. Anyway thanks OP for the heads up on this sale.[/quote]

:? What is it with people and eBay. I can understand if it's crap nobody wants but some of your fellow CAGs might appreciate if you offered it to them. :)

Someone beat me to my wavebird pack for $15, i should have passed on the lame football games today and hit them up a little earlier.

[quote name='Vinny'][quote name='FFMooglestar']I just got home from my local Kmart (Chula Vista, CA) and they still had quite a few games left. I did though pick up the last 2 Metroid/Wavebird combos and I don't even have a GCN (One hour left in the sale I don't think anyone was coming to pick them up anyway). I was either just thinking of trading them off//ebay//waiting til I get a cube and use them. Anyway thanks OP for the heads up on this sale.[/quote]

:? What is it with people and eBay. I can understand if it's crap nobody wants but some of your fellow CAGs might appreciate if you offered it to them. :)[/quote]

I quess I would do alot for a quick buck and what better way than eBay? But I get what you are saying and I will see what I can trade it to help out a fellow CAG.

[quote name='DenisDFat']I'm pretty sure it's definitely over tonight at closing. All the sale tags in the glass case at the store clearly gave a start date of 1/15 and end date of 1/16[/quote]

I got the call i was waiting for, and these are supposed to be the new clearance prices. We'll find out tommorow 100%, but they are in the computer as clearance. This is from a store manager.

[quote name='Wshakspear'][quote name='DenisDFat']I'm pretty sure it's definitely over tonight at closing. All the sale tags in the glass case at the store clearly gave a start date of 1/15 and end date of 1/16[/quote]

I got the call i was waiting for, and these are supposed to be the new clearance prices. We'll find out tommorow 100%, but they are in the computer as clearance. This is from a store manager.[/quote]

Sweet i can check another K-mart tommorow

While I was at my Kmart today i overheard the manager talking with an employee about all the discounted games and the manager said he was pretty sure they were going to stay at sale prices. He said someone would have to mark exactly the price, 7.99, 11.99 etc., since there all priced $20 and they would have a different display case for them. I kind of tuned out after that cause a cute girl walked by and i had to hide my games and look sexy. After i made googly eyes at her they were done talking, so whatever.

I am by no means confirming this but it may be a good idea to call tomorrow and see. We have blue laws by us, (stores closed on sunday) so that kmart should have a decent selection. Besides what are they gonna do with those discounted games, jack them back up to MSRP?

Thanks OP!!!

Picked up:
Project Gotham Racing 2 $12
Mechassault $8
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence (ps2) $8 (think this was the last one)

They still have plenty of Crimson Skies, NHL 2004 (think they had some for each system), Rise to Honor, and a few others. Hope these are clearance prices now. Was the Camden, SC store.

if this is still live tomorrow, for those who want the Wavebird bundle, the Kmart in Somerset, NJ (near Rutgers) has about six in the display case.

i picked up the last megaman zero 3, but they still had just about every other title thats been mentioned previous posts

the Mario party 4 bundle rang up for $70, and zelda: windwaker rang up for $20 - so dont bother

My Kmart had the clearance games with new price stickers on them reflecting the lowered price. I doubt they are planning to go around and remove them all, so I'm thinking this might be a permanent clearance.

It sucks, I went there and asked for the Metriod & wave bird combos and the dude there said "oh yea we got a box of those" He went to the back and came back with nothing. He said someone must have already got them.

I should have got there sooner. But I did pick up amped 2 & Megaman zero 3 for 11 bucks a pop. A decent deal.

OK I went back to scan ICO using the UPC somebody posted here, thanks to who ever posted it, it was $7.99 so I bought it. I also got a copy of Suikoden 3 and .Hack Outbreak for 12 bucks each, and my biggest deal a Special Shrek 2 Edition box of Crunch and Munch Butter Toffee Popcorn for $1.00!

Didn't KMart have a couple of weekend clearances in December? Select games were 50% off (Suikoden 3 was $14.99 - there was a thread about it) on the weekend and prices went back up on the following Monday. It will probably be more of the same this time.

Long Beach, Ca had these games out in the bin:

The Suffering Ps2 7.99
Castlevania LOI PS2 7.99
Agent Under Fire GC 7.99
Prince of Persia Xbox 7.99
Hunter the Reckoning Wayward 7.99
Voodoo Vince Xbox 7.99
Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy Xbox 5.99
Texas Hold Em Poker GBA 5.99

[quote name='ofacto']OK I went back to scan ICO using the UPC somebody posted here, thanks to who ever posted it, it was $7.99 so I bought it. I also got a copy of Suikoden 3 and .Hack Outbreak for 12 bucks each, and my biggest deal a Special Shrek 2 Edition box of Crunch and Munch Butter Toffee Popcorn for $1.00![/quote]

you sure it wasnt expired?

Just a reminder:

Feel free to peruse what I picked up FS/FT in the Cheap Ass Trading forum:

http://cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=720281

Beyond that, I picked up a Wavebird combo, Gradius Galaxies and Contra Alien Wars for myself. Rest is FS/FT.

As it stands right now, the Wavebirds are mostly gone, one is pending out that I should know about tomorrow evening. The current list is up to date at the time of this post.

omg just pick up Suikoden 3 if you can, those on sell like 40+ in new and seal condition, I was going to get one and saw on Amazon some people are selling it like 70 buck. Is the sell still good? I'm going to check out some Kmart in my area.

[quote name='neonglow']Just in case they remain these prices, could someone give me the UPC code for the Wavebird bundle?[/quote]

I really hope these are permanent prices. Somebody earlier in the thread said so, but I kind of doubt it. This is Kmart we're talking about here, you know?

[quote name='masha'][quote name='neonglow']Just in case they remain these prices, could someone give me the UPC code for the Wavebird bundle?[/quote]

045496960537[/quote]

Thanks!

Crap...wish I had been keeping up with this thread now. >__<
If anyone finds out that these prices are still going today, please confirm it in the thread! :D

I did pretty well for getting there at 3:00 PM on Sunday. Found almost a dozen items worth getting, although one may be a crossplatform duplicate. I'll definitely go back tomorrow since a lot of the mentioned titles were int he display case and if the prices remain at clearance there is still much to be reaped.

bread's done
Back