Noby Noby Boy - Gen. Discussion & Info

I think other than the iPhone version coming out, it'll be the last we see of little Noby Noby Boy. :(

It'll be a while before we get to Jupiter.

Not really sure if anyone's interested, but there's a new Keita interview up. He brushes on Noby Noby but also goes on to talk about his playground (which is now becoming a REALITY) and his thoughts on recent games.

Also I'm not sure if anyone entered but Penny Arcade had a contest up to win Keita's Noby Noby scarf from GDC. It will be interesting to see what takes the prize considering how much fanart was generated after KD and WLKD.

I know Keita is against official merch but I do wish he had generated something we could snag other than the soundtracks. A poster or an artbook would have been awesome.

Namco definitely wants something for all the dev time.
I'll buy at whatever price though, and actually hope it isn't free.
I'd think of it as my Takahashi game fund.

[quote name='dallow']Already out in the UK app store. 8mb

1.79 GBP

I'm gonna guess $1.99 in our store.[/QUOTE]

Good guess. I'm downloading this as I type.

[quote name='Sinistar']Is this coming for Android Phones?[/QUOTE]

Don't get your hopes up.

edit:

Oh, WOW. Contributing to GIRL is fucking unreal awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Possibly the greatest app ever made.
You can do almost anything within it, except make calls!

I need a Noby Noby Phone!

----

Yeah, 3G helped to mark my "star" on the world map, and should make the Google Map stretching fun next time I'm a passenger in a car.

I have no idea what this app does but I'm downloading it anyway.

Looks like Boy's head is a few miles down the street from me. :whistle2:o

Really? As much as I love Takahashi's work I'll be the first to admit the iPhone version is a bit shite. The app doesn't really do anything, it's purposefully ambiguous about how to use it and the only real way to get any stretching out of it is GPS mode. I thought it was a big letdown.

I think Takahashi needs to have a little bit more restrictions or maybe guidance to keep his projects in check.

I still don't get the appeal to this "game." I bought it a long time ago, played around for a little while, and couldn't really figure out what to do. I know you just pretty much do nothing and play around, I just can't play it for every long before getting bored.

I wish there were actual things to do in the game to make it more interesting.

[quote name='jh6269']I still don't get the appeal to this "game." I bought it a long time ago, played around for a little while, and couldn't really figure out what to do. I know you just pretty much do nothing and play around, I just can't play it for every long before getting bored.

I wish there were actual things to do in the game to make it more interesting.[/QUOTE]
Trophies are goals for people that can't make their own fun.

[quote name='cochesecochese']Looks like the facebook app is up. It's a Badge Album and it rules.[/QUOTE]

what's the URL to the app?

And how does the facebook app work?

I understand that it is a badge collection, but how does one go about obtaining badges in the first place?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']it's integrated into the iphone app. basiaclly the badges you get on the iphone are added to your badge list.[/QUOTE]

Ah well, no love for us non apple people then.

bread's done
Back