Not the Mama! Not the Mama! Not the Mama! OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='twiztidjester'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='twiztidjester'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='twiztidjester']Is it against the rules to create a contest to get a new avatar?[/quote]

No it isn't, it's been done several times so far and if you offer up a good enough prize or if people like you some really neat avatars will show up.[/quote]

Do you think a disc only copy of intelligent qube would be a good prize?[/quote]

Yes! That's actually too good, you should trade it to me instead. :D[/quote]

Maybe ;) what type of game do you think would be a good prize?[/quote]

Do you have anything sealed worth about $15-20? Those normally work the best, giving out a $40 game is a bit of overkill.[/quote]

Castlevania : LOI how much is that worth now adays?

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='twiztidjester'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='twiztidjester'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='twiztidjester']Is it against the rules to create a contest to get a new avatar?[/quote]

No it isn't, it's been done several times so far and if you offer up a good enough prize or if people like you some really neat avatars will show up.[/quote]

Do you think a disc only copy of intelligent qube would be a good prize?[/quote]

Do you have anything sealed worth about $15-20? Those normally work the best, giving out a $40 game is a bit of overkill.[/quote]

Not if he really likes his av...

Geez. Right now Xbox Live is not impressing me.
I went through 3 games and couldn't find one open game (Tron 2.0, Ultimate Bust-a-move, and Godzilla:STE)
I eventually just booted up Halo 2 since I knew I could get a game. Then I get to hear a foulmouthed rant by an obviously prepubescent punk, complete with cracking voice.

I hope things change, otherwise I'll just be dropping the account after 3 months.

I mean, I'm fine with not finding PS2 online games, as I'm not pay for that service.

[quote name='twiztidjester'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='twiztidjester'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='twiztidjester'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='twiztidjester']Is it against the rules to create a contest to get a new avatar?[/quote]

Castlevania : LOI how much is that worth now adays?[/quote]

That'd be a good prize.

[quote name='twiztidjester'][quote name='Kayden'][quote name='twiztidjester'][quote name='Kayden']Did I miss anything beyond the Mall Rats joke?
I'll be damned if I'm gunna read all that... Well.. I'm already damned, but shit, I'm lazy too.[/quote]

You missed the 3 oclock free cash giveaway[/quote]

No I didn't =D

I got free cash today!
http://cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=51998&start=22[/quote]

But was it at 3:00?[/quote]

I don't know, I wasn't here at three... but thats normally when the mail comes.

[quote name='Kayden'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='twiztidjester'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='twiztidjester'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='twiztidjester']Is it against the rules to create a contest to get a new avatar?[/quote]

Not if he really likes his av...[/quote]

As long as he doesn't go back to the blonde one I really don't care.

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='Kayden'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='twiztidjester'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='twiztidjester'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='twiztidjester']Is it against the rules to create a contest to get a new avatar?[/quote]

As long as he doesn't go back to the blonde one I really don't care.[/quote]

You didnt like my old avatar?

[quote name='twiztidjester'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='twiztidjester'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='twiztidjester'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='twiztidjester']Is it against the rules to create a contest to get a new avatar?[/quote]

Castlevania : LOI how much is that worth now adays?[/quote]

Not much but that would make a great prize, people love that game. Is it non-greatest hits and open but in good condition?

[quote name='JSweeney']Geez. Right now Xbox Live is not impressing me.
I went through 3 games and couldn't find one open game (Tron 2.0, Ultimate Bust-a-move, and Godzilla:STE)
I eventually just booted up Halo 2 since I knew I could get a game. Then I get to hear a foulmouthed rant by an obviously prepubescent punk, complete with cracking voice.

I hope things change, otherwise I'll just be dropping the account after 3 months.

I mean, I'm fine with not finding PS2 online games, as I'm not pay for that service.[/quote]

There are alot of punks. ALOT. Too many shit-talkers.

[quote name='twiztidjester'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='Kayden'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='twiztidjester'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='twiztidjester'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='twiztidjester']Is it against the rules to create a contest to get a new avatar?[/quote]

You didnt like my old avatar?[/quote]

Nope, it reminded me far to much of your freands face and ass. :puke:

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='twiztidjester'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='Kayden'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='twiztidjester'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='twiztidjester'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='twiztidjester']Is it against the rules to create a contest to get a new avatar?[/quote]

Nope, it reminded me far to much of your freands face and ass. :puke:[/quote]

:rofl:

[quote name='twiztidjester'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='twiztidjester'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='Kayden'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='twiztidjester'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='twiztidjester'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote:0d18262af0="twiztidjester"]Is it against the rules to create a contest to get a new avatar?[/quote]

:rofl:[/quote:0d18262af0]

Yeah laugh it up, kaji7p56 occasionally likes to PM me that picture. XD

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='twiztidjester'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='twiztidjester'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='Kayden'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='twiztidjester'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='twiztidjester'][quote:e787e9c00b="zionoverfire"][quote:e787e9c00b="twiztidjester"]Is it against the rules to create a contest to get a new avatar?[/quote]

:rofl:[/quote:e787e9c00b]

Yeah laugh it up, kaji occasionally likes to PM me that picture. XD[/quote:e787e9c00b]

He saved it :lol:

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='JSweeney']Geez. Right now Xbox Live is not impressing me.

I mean, I'm fine with not finding PS2 online games, as I'm not pay for that service.[/quote]

There are alot of punks. ALOT. Too many shit-talkers.[/quote]

I know... it's a terrible first impression though.. I had waited, but then decided that I probably should sign up.. so on my first time logging in, I see that not many games besides brand new ones have many users, and then the quality of those users is questionable. Not a way to impress people with the value of Xbox Live.

[quote name='twiztidjester'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='twiztidjester'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='twiztidjester'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='Kayden'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='twiztidjester'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote:2951c77674="twiztidjester"][quote:2951c77674="zionoverfire"][quote:2951c77674="twiztidjester"]Is it against the rules to create a contest to get a new avatar?[/quote]

:rofl:[/quote:2951c77674]

Yeah laugh it up, kaji occasionally likes to PM me that picture. XD[/quote:2951c77674]

He saved it :lol:[/quote:2951c77674]

Yes the full sized one none the less.

[quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='JSweeney']Geez. Right now Xbox Live is not impressing me.

I know... it's a terrible first impression though.. I had waited, but then decided that I probably should sign up.. so on my first time logging in, I see that not many games besides brand new ones have many users, and then the quality of those users is questionable. Not a way to impress people with the value of Xbox Live.[/quote]

You should play some custom games with us CAGers on Halo 2. We have a lot of fun. Also we have been playing Burnout 3 more regularly. Send me a friend request. GT: zewone

[quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='JSweeney']Geez. Right now Xbox Live is not impressing me.

I know... it's a terrible first impression though.. I had waited, but then decided that I probably should sign up.. so on my first time logging in, I see that not many games besides brand new ones have many users, and then the quality of those users is questionable. Not a way to impress people with the value of Xbox Live.[/quote]

Yeah. After your three month sub runs out, just use the free two month ones. You'll have to change your GT, and you'll lose stats, but it doesn't cost money. Free Xbox Live isn't all that bad. That is, if you can stand to keep it at all.

Well, if microsoft moderated the chats and kicked all the idiots out you'd never find a game... :roll:

I really need to use my Live sub...let alone play bust-a-move... there's just nothing i care too much to play on the 'ol box

News today: "Hironobu Sakaguchi, the father of Final Fantasy, announced his studio Mist Walker will develop two new RPGs exclusively for the next generation Xbox console. He mentioned that a number of talented creators have also signed up to help develop these two titles."
So the Box might get something of interest to me. Too bad really I didn't have an interest in the new XBox.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']News today: "Hironobu Sakaguchi, the father of Final Fantasy, announced his studio Mist Walker will develop two new RPGs exclusively for the next generation Xbox console. He mentioned that a number of talented creators have also signed up to help develop these two titles."
So the Box might get something of interest to me. Too bad really I didn't have an interest in the new XBox.[/quote]

Well it's for the Xbox2 which is sill a couple of quarters off. I'm actually quite happy about this, I'm considering picking up an xbox2 as my first next gen. system.

[quote name='zionoverfire']Well it's for the Xbox2 which is sill a couple of quarters off. I'm actually quite happy about this, I'm considering picking up an xbox2 as my first next gen. system.[/quote]

Well it will be the first next gen system out so that works out nicely :wink:

[quote name='dcfox'][quote name='zionoverfire']Well it's for the Xbox2 which is sill a couple of quarters off. I'm actually quite happy about this, I'm considering picking up an xbox2 as my first next gen. system.[/quote]

Well it will be the first next gen system out so that works out nicely :wink:[/quote]

:lol: But at the prices they plan on charging for these things the 2nd purchase it probably come a couple of years later.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']News today: "Hironobu Sakaguchi, the father of Final Fantasy, announced his studio Mist Walker will develop two new RPGs exclusively for the next generation Xbox console. He mentioned that a number of talented creators have also signed up to help develop these two titles."
So the Box might get something of interest to me. Too bad really I didn't have an interest in the new XBox.[/quote]

And I don't have an interest in Hironobu Sakaguchi.

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='dcfox'][quote name='zionoverfire']Well it's for the Xbox2 which is sill a couple of quarters off. I'm actually quite happy about this, I'm considering picking up an xbox2 as my first next gen. system.[/quote]

Well it will be the first next gen system out so that works out nicely :wink:[/quote]

:lol: But at the prices they plan on charging for these things the 2nd purchase it probably come a couple of years later.[/quote]

Yeah, I don't know how people can pay $300-400 a console let alone for two consoles. I'll probably wait a year into the next gen cylce before picking anything up. Or at least until the first major price drop.

[quote name='dcfox'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='dcfox'][quote name='zionoverfire']Well it's for the Xbox2 which is sill a couple of quarters off. I'm actually quite happy about this, I'm considering picking up an xbox2 as my first next gen. system.[/quote]

:lol: But at the prices they plan on charging for these things the 2nd purchase it probably come a couple of years later.[/quote]

Yeah, I don't know how people can pay $300-400 a console let alone for two consoles. I'll probably wait a year into the next gen cylce before picking anything up. Or at least until the first major price drop.[/quote]

But Elderscrolls oblivion is a launch title, either I have to shell out $1000 for a computer that can play it or $400 for a gamming system.

[quote name='AdamInPlaidum']Anybody catch Avatar on Nickeloeon? I caught it in the second episode and really liked it. It has a pretty good story and interesting characters.[/quote]

I knew i forgot to watch something. The animation looked great, esp. for TV

[quote name='dcfox'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='dcfox'][quote name='zionoverfire']Well it's for the Xbox2 which is sill a couple of quarters off. I'm actually quite happy about this, I'm considering picking up an xbox2 as my first next gen. system.[/quote]

Yeah, I don't know how people can pay $300-400 a console let alone for two consoles. I'll probably wait a year into the next gen cylce before picking anything up. Or at least until the first major price drop.[/quote]

I've never paid that much for any console.

I'm pretty sure epobirs posted that. Sounds good to me.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='AngellicLulu']News today: "Hironobu Sakaguchi, the father of Final Fantasy, announced his studio Mist Walker will develop two new RPGs exclusively for the next generation Xbox console. He mentioned that a number of talented creators have also signed up to help develop these two titles."

I'm pretty sure epobirs posted that. Sounds good to me.[/quote]

Hopefully they're truer to Final Fantasy's roots than the current games.

[quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='AngellicLulu']News today: "Hironobu Sakaguchi, the father of Final Fantasy, announced his studio Mist Walker will develop two new RPGs exclusively for the next generation Xbox console. He mentioned that a number of talented creators have also signed up to help develop these two titles."

I'm pretty sure epobirs posted that. Sounds good to me.[/quote]

Hopefully they're truer to Final Fantasy's roots than the current games.[/quote]

It doesn't take much to be better than X-2....

[quote name='JSweeney']
Hopefully they're truer to Final Fantasy's roots than the current games.[/quote]

I'd just like to see a couple of 2D RPGs produced. They keep porting this stuff like Growlanser and the arc the lad collection over and I find myself enjoying it far more than the new RPGs.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='dcfox'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='dcfox'][quote name='zionoverfire']Well it's for the Xbox2 which is sill a couple of quarters off. I'm actually quite happy about this, I'm considering picking up an xbox2 as my first next gen. system.[/quote]

I've never paid that much for any console.[/quote]

I think all my current gen consoles combined cost me about $400.

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='JSweeney']

I'd just like to see a couple of 2D RPGs produced. They keep porting this stuff like Growlanser and the arc the lad collection over and I find myself enjoying it far more than the new RPGs.[/quote]

No kidding. I played FF6 and Suikoden 1 AFTER FF7 and thought the 2d ones were better. Don't get me wrong, FF7 is really great, but the 2d games just had more charm.

[quote name='dcfox'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='dcfox'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='dcfox'][quote name='zionoverfire']Well it's for the Xbox2 which is sill a couple of quarters off. I'm actually quite happy about this, I'm considering picking up an xbox2 as my first next gen. system.[/quote]

I think all my current gen consoles combined cost me about $400.[/quote]

Mine were about $350 for the PS2 and gba sp, luckily I got the GC and DC in trades.

[quote name='Kayden'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='JSweeney']

I'd just like to see a couple of 2D RPGs produced. They keep porting this stuff like Growlanser and the arc the lad collection over and I find myself enjoying it far more than the new RPGs.[/quote]

No kidding. I played FF6 and Suikoden 1 AFTER FF7 and thought the 2d ones were better. Don't get me wrong, FF7 is really great, but the 2d games just had more charm.[/quote]

The story for 6 was also laid out better and lacked the whole world life cycle thing. They try to make these things far to spiritual now.

[quote name='Kayden'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='JSweeney']

No kidding. I played FF6 and Suikoden 1 AFTER FF7 and thought the 2d ones were better. Don't get me wrong, FF7 is really great, but the 2d games just had more charm.[/quote]

I'm beginning to think I'm the only person who loved X-2. I did not OTOH, like FF7.

[quote name='zionoverfire']Mine were about $350 for the PS2 and gba sp, luckily I got the GC and DC in trades.[/quote]

My SP was the only console I paid full price for. Worth every cent. I picked up my GC and Xbox about 2 1/2 years ago. I got my PS2 about a year later.

[quote name='dcfox'][quote name='zionoverfire']Mine were about $350 for the PS2 and gba sp, luckily I got the GC and DC in trades.[/quote]

My SP was the only console I paid full price for. Worth every cent. I picked up my GC and Xbox about 2 1/2 years ago. I got my PS2 about a year later.[/quote]

Well I paid $100 for the SP and I think $200 or $250 for the PS2 I don't really recall. I feel the purchase was pretty good though seeing as I've gotten a heck of a lot of use out of the thing and the backwards compatibillity feature has been great!

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='dcfox'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='dcfox'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='dcfox'][quote name='zionoverfire']Well it's for the Xbox2 which is sill a couple of quarters off. I'm actually quite happy about this, I'm considering picking up an xbox2 as my first next gen. system.[/quote]

Mine were about $350 for the PS2 and gba sp, luckily I got the GC and DC in trades.[/quote]

I got a job to get a PS2 at launch. $300 for that and I preordered 4 games, GT2000 (didn't come out until July '01), Star Wars Starfighter (Feb '01), Madden 2001 (fuck yeah, launch), and Tekken Tag Tournament (Hellz Yeah!!!, launch) and managed to pick up the last memory card at KB Toys. Total Cost on launch day: $470 and well worth it. I wasn't a cheapass, but I wanted it on Oct. 26, 2000, so some things had to be sacrificed.

[quote name='dcfox'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='dcfox'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='dcfox'][quote name='zionoverfire']Well it's for the Xbox2 which is sill a couple of quarters off. I'm actually quite happy about this, I'm considering picking up an xbox2 as my first next gen. system.[/quote]

I traded a bunch of stuff in when I got my ps2, so that came out to about $120 (GT3 pack at release). Xbox was about $45 after trades, GCN was a gift. I didn't pay for my GBASP either, and if we're counting the dreamcast I paid $50 for mine with a few games, 2 controllers, and a vmu back in January of 2001.

That's $215 out of pocket for 5 systems ... not too bad I'd say. Of course then I had to buy all the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back